Page 73 of 296 FirstFirst ... 2363656667686970717273747576777879808183123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 7390
  1. #1801
    Banned Muadib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    4,774
    Partisan politics is preventing the US from moving forward... The reds & blues pissing on each other's shoes over who gets the largest piece of the pie... Many of my friends & associates are as pissed off about as I am as most are socially liberal and fiscally conservative... The lunatic fringe only provides talking points and 30 seconds news bites for either side to continue to bash each other...
    Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  2. #1802
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    Is there one honest politician in the States?

  3. #1803
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    09-07-2011 @ 12:54 AM
    Posts
    3,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Gorgon
    Is there one honest politician in the States?
    I think McCain was honest, that's why he's not President..

  4. #1804
    I am in Jail
    Texpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    20-10-2017 @ 01:58 AM
    Location
    Nong Khai
    Posts
    12,239
    There are two schools of thought:

    1. You are voted in by people who wish you to express their views.

    and

    2. You are voted in by people who wish you to express what is in their best interest.

    Years ago it was the the former. Sadly, it's become the latter as most are turtled-in on making house and car payments. Fuck 'em they deserve what they get if they don't want to become involved.

  5. #1805
    Banned Muadib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    4,774
    ^^^ Ron Paul is the only one I can think of...

  6. #1806
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    ^ Yep. I do trust him. He's too smart, tho.
    ^^^ Expect incoming.

  7. #1807
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    09-07-2011 @ 12:54 AM
    Posts
    3,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Gorgon View Post
    ^ Yep. I do trust him. He's too smart, tho.
    ^^^ Expect incoming.
    Shit... no problem, I perpetually wear my flack jacket around these parts.. I even shower in it... my missus always looks at me kind of strange then too.

    Can't stomach Ron Paul, what is with every Libertarian that they all seem so small and weasel-ish it's not very inspiring as a leader and while I know that seems a bit judgmental and shallow the message gets lost in the perception they portray.

    Ron Paul, Ross Perot, personally I'd like to vote more that way but besides limiting the vote in the Presidential race and not having an inspirational candidate I can't muster up the enthusiasm to follow through with one..

  8. #1808
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    15,552
    Quote Originally Posted by robuzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    hehehe... I just love poking the natives with a stick and watching them turn on each other...
    Even apart from the utter lack of evidence of internecine warfare, your metaphor makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by robuzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    What metaphor...

    Thank for the new word anyway...

    Internecine
    • Main Entry: in·ter·ne·cine
    • Pronunciation: \ˌin-tər-ˈne-ˌsēn, -ˈnē-sən, -ˈnē-ˌsīn, -nə-ˈsēn; in-ˈtər-nə-ˌsēn\
    • Function: adjective
    • Etymology: Latin internecinus, from internecare to destroy, kill, from inter- + necare to kill, from nec-, nex violent death — more at noxious
    • Date: 1663
    1 : marked by slaughter : deadly; especially : mutually destructive
    2 : of, relating to, or involving conflict within a group <bitter internecine feuds>
    Now, if you said you like to poke the hornets' nest with a stick and watch them go crazy, that would be different.
    It's a valid metaphor. In 18th century London visitors were charged a penny each for admission to the viewing rooms of the Bethlehem Hospital. Bethlehem Hospital, better known as Bedlam, was a hospital for the insane. Included in the price of admission was the opportunity to poke the caged lunatics with sticks and enjoy their enraged responses. "Poke them with a stick" is a common saying in England and implies that the people to be poked are lunatics.
    don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk

  9. #1809
    Guest Member S Landreth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    left of center
    Posts
    7,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Gorgon View Post
    Is there one honest politician in the States?

    Bill Nelson of Florida,....for starters

    Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator from Florida: Home

  10. #1810
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    ^ Oil speculators? Try OPEC.

  11. #1811
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    Line-by-Line

    "When I'm president, I will go line by line to make sure that we are not spending money unwisely..."
    -- Barack Obama, 9/26/2008

    "What I've done throughout this campaign is to propose a net spending cut... I want to go through the federal budget line by line..."
    -- Barack Obama, 10/15/2008

    Line by Line - gunzip

  12. #1812
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    ^ Line by line is only for his teleprompter.

  13. #1813
    I am not in Jail AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Texpat View Post
    I don't like partisan politics and wish they'd get over the petty bitchfights.
    I can only speak for myself of course, but that being said I'd feel pretty confident in saying that you're probably perceived as one of the most partisan on here.

    I know in the past that you've described yourself as an 'Indpendant'; but it seems you're only 'Indpendant' insofar as it's of anything and everything the Democrats do.

  14. #1814
    Thailand Expat
    robuzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    19-12-2015 @ 05:51 PM
    Location
    Paese dei Balocchi
    Posts
    7,848
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robuzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    hehehe... I just love poking the natives with a stick and watching them turn on each other...
    Even apart from the utter lack of evidence of internecine warfare, your metaphor makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by robuzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    What metaphor...

    Thank for the new word anyway...

    Internecine
    • Main Entry: in·ter·ne·cine
    • Pronunciation: \ˌin-tər-ˈne-ˌsēn, -ˈnē-sən, -ˈnē-ˌsīn, -nə-ˈsēn; in-ˈtər-nə-ˌsēn\
    • Function: adjective
    • Etymology: Latin internecinus, from internecare to destroy, kill, from inter- + necare to kill, from nec-, nex violent death — more at noxious
    • Date: 1663
    1 : marked by slaughter : deadly; especially : mutually destructive
    2 : of, relating to, or involving conflict within a group <bitter internecine feuds>
    Now, if you said you like to poke the hornets' nest with a stick and watch them go crazy, that would be different.
    It's a valid metaphor. In 18th century London visitors were charged a penny each for admission to the viewing rooms of the Bethlehem Hospital. Bethlehem Hospital, better known as Bedlam, was a hospital for the insane. Included in the price of admission was the opportunity to poke the caged lunatics with sticks and enjoy their enraged responses. "Poke them with a stick" is a common saying in England and implies that the people to be poked are lunatics.
    I see. The problem is, Muadib used "natives" where he probably meant "inmates," hence the confusion.
    “You can lead a horticulture but you can’t make her think.” Dorothy Parker

  15. #1815
    Banned Muadib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    4,774
    Inmates would insinuate that TD members were being held captive on the forum against their will... Natives indicate the indigenous species known as homo TDoorians who are here of their own free will, but couldn't escape if they wanted to due to their addition to the social interaction on the forum... Playing to a captive audience is no fun...

  16. #1816
    Thailand Expat
    robuzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    19-12-2015 @ 05:51 PM
    Location
    Paese dei Balocchi
    Posts
    7,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    Inmates would insinuate that TD members were being held captive on the forum against their will... Natives indicate the indigenous species known as homo TDoorians who are here of their own free will, but couldn't escape if they wanted to due to their addition to the social interaction on the forum... Playing to a captive audience is no fun...
    Homo TDoorius- devolution at work?

  17. #1817
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    Here's an interesting poll from the Economist. Funny, most of the people polled are lefties.
    http://media.economist.com/media/pdf...es20090819.pdf

  18. #1818
    I am in Jail
    Texpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    20-10-2017 @ 01:58 AM
    Location
    Nong Khai
    Posts
    12,239
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texpat View Post
    I don't like partisan politics and wish they'd get over the petty bitchfights.
    I can only speak for myself of course, but that being said I'd feel pretty confident in saying that you're probably perceived as one of the most partisan on here.

    I know in the past that you've described yourself as an 'Indpendant'; but it seems you're only 'Indpendant' insofar as it's of anything and everything the Democrats do.
    Not sure how to break this to you, Ant. Thai based Internet forums aren't politics. Yeah, I know you're pretending and all, but ...

    Nope. no legislators, no lobbyists, nobody even remotely influential so far as I can tell. Just petty shitfights.

  19. #1819
    Dislocated Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    The thin ice of modern life.
    Posts
    3,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Gorgon View Post
    Funny, most of the people polled are lefties.
    You're just jealous because we all like each other.

  20. #1820
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    Last Wednesday, an idiot in western Maryland made the media's day by getting carried away and bringing a "Death to Obama" sign to a town hall meeting. He was promptly arrested by the Secret Service. William Kostric wore a gun to a protest outside of where Comrade Obama was staging one of his phony dog and pony shows, and carried a sign reading "It's Time to Water the Tree of Liberty."

    But there was a time when threatening the president's life was all the rage, as exhaustively documented by Zombie. A few examples:







    Ever see such a bunch of worthless Moonbats?

  21. #1821
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    ^ Just as many today, Boonie.

    I heard this yesterday, but, hey, no major media is covering the story...(sorry, this writer is a bit extreme in his choice of words):

    Obama likes offshore drilling off Brazil why? Because George Soros just repositioned himself in Petrobras for dividends

    As Michelle Malkin mentioned in here blog entry, as well as on Hannity earlier tonight Hussein has decided to give $2 billion in loans to exploit offshore oil resources in hopes of extracting a major new source of petroleum in Brazil. Amazing, how taboo it is to drill for oil in OUR OWN COUNTRY though. But in a strange coindence, far left loon George Soros repositioned himself in Petrobras to get dividends just a few days before Obama committed $2 billion in loans and guarantees for Petrobras’ offshore operations according to Hotair.


    Obama likes offshore drilling off Brazil why? Because George Soros just repositioned himself in Petrobras for dividends | Fire Andrea Mitchell!

  22. #1822
    I am in Jail
    Texpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    20-10-2017 @ 01:58 AM
    Location
    Nong Khai
    Posts
    12,239
    I love the last picture, Boon.

    A stupid white motherfucker wearing a shirt describing himself perfectly.

    Yeah, this is all very new -- this kill the president stuff, isn't it?

  23. #1823
    I am not in Jail AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Texpat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texpat View Post
    I don't like partisan politics and wish they'd get over the petty bitchfights.
    I can only speak for myself of course, but that being said I'd feel pretty confident in saying that you're probably perceived as one of the most partisan on here.

    I know in the past that you've described yourself as an 'Indpendant'; but it seems you're only 'Indpendant' insofar as it's of anything and everything the Democrats do.
    Not sure how to break this to you, Ant. Thai based Internet forums aren't politics. Yeah, I know you're pretending and all, but ...

    Nope. no legislators, no lobbyists, nobody even remotely influential so far as I can tell. Just petty shitfights.
    Righto, and what has that got to do with the price of sliced fish?

    Point is this new 'partisan politics is bad' line of yours suffers the same fundamental flaw as your previous claims to being an 'independant' - that being, you're not.

    You bandy it about like it somehow legitimises everything else you say by making you a neutral and impartial commentator. Again, you're not. Which makes it, at best, hypocritical lip service.

  24. #1824
    Banned Muadib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    4,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Gorgon View Post
    ^ Just as many today, Boonie.

    I heard this yesterday, but, hey, no major media is covering the story...(sorry, this writer is a bit extreme in his choice of words):

    Obama likes offshore drilling off Brazil why? Because George Soros just repositioned himself in Petrobras for dividends

    As Michelle Malkin mentioned in here blog entry, as well as on Hannity earlier tonight Hussein has decided to give $2 billion in loans to exploit offshore oil resources in hopes of extracting a major new source of petroleum in Brazil. Amazing, how taboo it is to drill for oil in OUR OWN COUNTRY though. But in a strange coindence, far left loon George Soros repositioned himself in Petrobras to get dividends just a few days before Obama committed $2 billion in loans and guarantees for Petrobras’ offshore operations according to Hotair.


    Obama likes offshore drilling off Brazil why? Because George Soros just repositioned himself in Petrobras for dividends | Fire Andrea Mitchell!
    Heard about this last night... All I could do was shake my head in disbelief... Here we have billions of barrels of oil just waiting to be harvested within our own territorial waters and we can't drill because of the tree-hugger moonbats... In the mean time, we are going to lend $2 billion we don't have to another country so they can take advantage of their natural resources... We could be 100% independent on foreign oil, if we could only get the government to open their fekking eyes...

  25. #1825
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    ^ Not only that, Muad, Obama's pal, Soros, made a huge investment in that company just a few days before the "US loan" was made. I thought only Republicans did things like that for their friends.

    And in other news from some military folk I know, they are starting to question Obama's citizenship, too. How did he and his Mom live in Indonesia at a time when Americans were not allowed there? Kenya passports?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •