Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 252
  1. #51
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,552
    A registered Republican is saying Kavanaugh lied during his testimony.

    Lynne Brookes says Judge Brett Kavanaugh was not telling the whole truth during his testimony this week about allegations of sexual assault.
    Ms Brookes says she moved in the "exact same social circles" as Mr Kavanaugh while at Yale and that the Supreme Court nominees drinking habits were excessive.

    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/new...ectid=12134435

  2. #52
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    14,686
    Kavanaugh refused to answer one particular question (about blackouts and not remembering stuff after drinking), even though he was asked it several times. He sounded like a politician, not a judge. Shocking.

  3. #53
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    He sounded like a politician, not a judge.
    Sounded and acted as one. Those scales of justice would be very unbalanced.
    It also sounds like he may be a closet lush.

  4. #54
    Thailand Expat
    tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Maanaam View Post
    It also sounds like he may be a closet lush
    ...hardly matters...unless he tries to put the make on Ginsburg...

  5. #55
    Thailand Expat
    tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,117
    ...embedded SNL sketches with Matt Damon playing Kavanaugh...worth a watch: 555:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4f03282994ae

  6. #56
    VIP Elite Club
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    16,593
    White House Puts Limits On FBI’s Kavanaugh Investigation: Reports

    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b027da00d3c5ae

  7. #57
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    26,931
    ^^

    The whole skit is up on YouTube. Don’t know for how long. Funny stuff!


  • #58
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    14,686
    Imagine keeping a calendar for 36 years. How bizarre is that?





  • #59
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Posts
    3,269
    Now, after all that parade, it's no longer important whether he did abuse or not.
    A man with such "personality" should be one of the Supreme Judges? (for 300 million population?)
    Shove him in a scribe pool...(He has shown he can write, read)

  • #60
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:23 PM
    Posts
    52,360
    Attached Images Attached Images

  • #61
    Thailand Expat
    happynz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:05 PM
    Location
    on the corner of dusty and dustier
    Posts
    7,107
    As it was a job interview for a Supreme Court Justice, Kavanaugh, through his outbursts, displayed a remarkable unsuitability for a seat on the highest court.

  • #62
    Thailand Expat
    Mandaloopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Location
    ᠮᠣᠩᠭᠣᠯ ᠤᠯᠤᠰ
    Posts
    1,413

  • #63
    Thailand Expat
    tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,117
    ...^555...

  • #64
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Posts
    7,974
    he squeals and moan, he is done

  • #65
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,680
    ^61^

    As you say it was a job interview, not a trial, though people often take sides according to their political leanings or personal prejudices over firm evidence.

    Having watched the testimonies and links I wouldn't for a moment consider penalising Kavanaugh on the basis of claims by a woman who when she decides at great cost to do a 'public service' and expose this evil man goes to the politicians and media instead of the police, isn't sure which day, month or even year the alleged assault took place, or where this life changing trauma happened or even how she got to or from the party, who goes on to finger three male 'witnesses' all of whom claim to their knowledge it never happened, and when the only other woman she claims was present, a lifelong friend, also says it never happened she dismisses her as being in poor health, who makes unreasonable demands for the hearings among which is the delay by driving across country because she's terrified of flying though when questioned under oath it turns out she flies more often than me and most people I know for business, career and social needs. Wouldn't surprise me if even Dems begin to grudgingly concede there is insufficient evidence of impropriety, now that the deed is done to delay the vote which of course has nothing to do with anything, and even that would come with the usual shit for their spoonfed mushrooms that we don't like Kavanaugh so he must be guilty, and anyway it's weird to keep a calendar from that far back so let's destroy his life.

    Sorry, but supporting a party or person or even best mate doesn't make them always right. I reckon the Dems will suffer in the midterms next month, at least partly as a result of this transparent stunt to delay the confirmation vote, and then as ever with hand on heart they will blame you or me or someone else, never themselves. And they'll look even worse when he is confirmed after the midterms, but by then the goldfish can be suitably distracted with some other awesome headline.

    Also imho the current powerful and egoistical Dem icons are destroying the future of the party. Probably too late for a concerted challenge in 2020, except for those far gone enough to dredge up Pocahontas as the best of the current icons that are, erm, destroying their party, but to stand any chance in 2024 they need to be replaced with new and younger blood; easier said than done, because these are the establishment, they like where they're at and won't go quietly.

    /rant

  • #66
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Location
    across the street
    Posts
    3,389
    A letter to the press from his Yale drinking buddy......

    I have been contacted by numerous reporters about Brett Kavanaugh and have not wanted to say anything because I had nothing to contribute about what kind of justice he would be. I knew Brett at Yale because I was a classmate and a varsity basketball player and Brett enjoyed socializing with athletes. Indeed, athletes formed the core of Brettís social circle.

    In recent days I have become deeply troubled by what has been a blatant mischaracterization by Brett himself of his drinking at Yale. When I watched Brett and his wife being interviewed on Fox News on Monday, and when I watched Brett deliver his testimony under oath to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday, I cringed. For the fact is, at Yale, and I can speak to no other times, Brett was a frequent drinker, and a heavy drinker. I know, because, especially in our first two years of college, I often drank with him.

    On many occasions I heard Brett slur his words and saw him staggering from alcohol consumption, not all of which was beer. When Brett got drunk, he was often belligerent and aggressive. On one of the last occasions I purposely socialized with Brett, I witnessed him respond to a semi-hostile remark, not by defusing the situation, but by throwing his beer in the manís face and starting a fight that ended with one of our mutual friends in jail.

    I do not believe that the heavy drinking or even loutish behavior of an 18- or even 21-year-old should condemn a person for the rest of his life. I would be a hypocrite to think so.

    However, I have direct and repeated knowledge about his drinking and his disposition while drunk. And I do believe that Brettís actions as a 53-year-old federal judge matter. If he lied about his past actions on national television, and more especially while speaking under oath in front of the United States Senate, I believe those lies should have consequences. It is truth that is at stake, and I believe that the ability to speak the truth, even when it does not reflect well upon oneself, is a paramount quality we seek in our nationís most powerful judges.

    I can unequivocally say that in denying the possibility that he ever blacked out from drinking, and in downplaying the degree and frequency of his drinking, Brett has not told the truth.

    I felt it was my civic duty to tell of my experience while drinking with Brett, and I offer this statement to the press. I have no desire to speak further publicly, and nothing more to say to the press at this time. I will, however, take my information to the F.B.I.

    Charles (Chad) Ludington

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/30/u...kavanaugh.html
    Last edited by uncle junior; 01-10-2018 at 03:57 PM.

  • #67
    Thailand Expat
    tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,117
    Quote Originally Posted by jabir View Post
    Having watched the testimonies and links I wouldn't for a moment consider penalising Kavanaugh on the basis of claims by a woman who when she decides at great cost to do a 'public service' and expose this evil man goes to the politicians and media instead of the police, isn't sure which day, month or even year the alleged assault took place, or where this life changing trauma happened or even how she got to or from the party, who goes on to finger three male 'witnesses' all of whom claim to their knowledge it never happened, and when the only other woman she claims was present, a lifelong friend, also says it never happened she dismisses her as being in poor health, who makes unreasonable demands for the hearings among which is the delay by driving across country because she's terrified of flying though when questioned under oath it turns out she flies more often than me and most people I know for business, career and social needs. Wouldn't surprise me if even Dems begin to grudgingly concede there is insufficient evidence of impropriety, now that the deed is done to delay the vote which of course has nothing to do with anything, and even that would come with the usual shit for their spoonfed mushrooms that we don't like Kavanaugh so he must be guilty, and anyway it's weird to keep a calendar from that far back so let's destroy his life.
    ...a number of errors noted in your...um.. summary. If you indeed watched her testimony, you will know that she gave the year (1982) and the month (July) and said the event happened as she stopped at a friend's place (on foot) on her way home from swimming. After the event, she said she left the house and walked to the street outside and went home. We have yet to hear (under oath) from K's pal Mark Judge what exactly he remembers. This is one woman's memory of traumatic events that caused her to seek therapy. The negatives of exposing herself and her family to public scrutiny must be weighed against her willingness to come forward and throw doubt on K's character and suitability for the Supreme Court. She did the American people an enormous favor and his response to her testimony shows us why that is: he's nothing more than an entitled political hack seeking personal glory.
    Majestically enthroned amid the vulgar herd

  • #68
    Thailand Expat
    happynz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:05 PM
    Location
    on the corner of dusty and dustier
    Posts
    7,107
    Quote Originally Posted by jabir View Post
    /rant
    Quite.

  • #69
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,552
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    ...a number of errors noted in your...um.. summary. If you indeed watched her testimony, you will know that she gave the year (1982) and the month (July) and said the event happened as she stopped at a friend's place (on foot) on her way home from swimming. After the event, she said she left the house and walked to the street outside and went home. We have yet to hear (under oath) from K's pal Mark Judge what exactly he remembers. This is one woman's memory of traumatic events that caused her to seek therapy. The negatives of exposing herself and her family to public scrutiny must be weighed against her willingness to come forward and throw doubt on K's character and suitability for the Supreme Court. She did the American people an enormous favor and his response to her testimony shows us why that is: he's nothing more than an entitled political hack seeking personal glory.
    Well said, Tom, and taken in conjunction with UncaJr's revelation of Chad Luddington's letter, is indeed solid reason why Kavanaugh must not be appointed.
    (Don't read it out aloud...wouldn't want your gums to start bleeding again.)

  • #70
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Location
    across the street
    Posts
    3,389
    Quote Originally Posted by jabir View Post
    ou say it was a job interview, not a trial, though people often take sides according to their political leanings or personal prejudices over firm evidence.

    Having watched the testimonies and links I wouldn't for a moment consider penalising Kavanaugh on the basis of claims by a woman who when she decides at great cost to do a 'public service' and expose this evil man goes to the politicians and media instead of the police, isn't
    I made it this far....illi nformed. You need to go back and see the history of who and when she talked to people about it. As far as not reporting it to the police .....typical of most cases of sex abuse

    .....as rants go it definitly is one..

  • #71
    VIP Elite Club
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    16,593
    Quote Originally Posted by jabir View Post
    I reckon the Dems will suffer in the midterms next month
    You really do not have a clue do you...

  • #72
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,680
    ^71^

    Maybe not but a month will tell, snubby

  • #73
    Thailand Expat
    tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Maanaam View Post
    wouldn't want your gums to start bleeding
    ...a small sacrifice to make for truth...

  • #74
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,552
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    .a small sacrifice to make for reading aloud sheer eloquence.
    FTFY

  • #75
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,552
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    White House Puts Limits On FBI’s Kavanaugh Investigation
    I picked that in the Trump thread the moment the FBI investigation was announced.

  • Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •