Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 109
  1. #51
    Thailand Expat
    Scottish Gary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    16-07-2018 @ 05:07 PM
    Location
    Pattaya
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle junior View Post
    ^turns out they're child actors, trained in crisis roles...toddlers and infants trained to act like that.....bloody good acting schools these days
    According to the lunatics who work for Fox that is certainly the case...Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, and most normal folk beg to differ.

  2. #52
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:32 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    26,600
    What a sorry state of affairs.
    These people are truly showing us the rotten core of their souls. Lauding the likes of puterte and kju, locking up toddlers and now this.

  3. #53
    VIP Elite Club
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,693

    Trump caves: Using kids as pawns, triggered crisis of his own making

    The backlash was massive.

    WASHINGTON — President Trump caved on Wednesday, signing an executive order ending family separations at the Mexican border. Trump’s use of “Dreamers” and children as leverage to get funding for his wall is sidelined for now.

    Trump retreated because his “zero tolerance” policy of taking children from parents at the border triggered an uproar – from Republicans to Democrats to even Pope Francis. Keep in mind that “zero tolerance” is still the policy – but families will be kept together. Families who crossed the border illegally would still be subject to prosecution.

    Under Trump, youths caught in situations not of their making become pawns.

    Trump’s move to deport “Dreamers” – youths brought to the U.S. illegally through no fault of their own – and stockpiling migrant kids – turned out not to be a shortcut to get Congress to swiftly fund his border wall. The one Mexico was supposed to pay for.

    With midterms ahead, this Trump manufactured crisis threatened Republican control of the House and Senate because people, no matter their politics, realized that yanking babies and little kids away from parents – even if they crossed the border illegally or were seeking asylum – should not have become a Trump administration priority.

    And Trump’s own executive order shows – despite what he has been saying, despite what Department of Homeland Security Kirsten Nielsen, Vice President Pence and White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders have been saying, incorrectly, that only Congress can keep families together – Trump had the power to reverse his own policy.

    Signing the executive order, flanked by Pence and Nielsen in the Oval Office, Trump went far down a rabbit hole, acting as if this talk about needing Congress never happened.

    “It’s about keeping families together while at the same time being sure that we have a very powerful, very strong border, and border security will be equal if not greater than previously,” Trump said.

    “So we’re going to have strong, very strong borders, but we’re going to keep the families together. I didn’t like the sight or the feeling of families being separated.”

    How it works: Presidents, as do prosecutors, local officials, police, have a lot of leeway to set priorities when it comes to carrying out the law. Traffic cops don’t give tickets to everyone going 5 miles past the speed limit, though speeding is speeding and it is against the law.

    Trump has been in office more than 500 days and it was only in May that the Trump administration decided on its “zero-tolerance” border policy.

    Trump, speaking earlier to Congressional Republicans at the White House, presented the complex immigration crisis as a simple binary choice, which it is not.

    Said Trump, “The dilemma is that if you’re weak you’re weak which some people would like you to be. If you’re really, really pathetically weak the country is going to be overrun with millions of people and if you are strong then you don’t have any heart. That’s a tough dilemma. Perhaps I’d rather be strong but that’s a tough dilemma.”

    As House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., said at his own press conference on Wednesday, there is no need for a “ridiculous” choice. Government can chose to keep families together and enforce the law.

    USING CHILDREN AS ‘HOSTAGES’

    Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., in a statement addressed using children as “hostages.”

    “Make no mistake: the President is doubling down on his ‘zero tolerance’ policy. His new Executive Order criminalizes asylum-seekers and seeks to indefinitely detain their children.

    “… President Trump and his enablers in Congress have taken these children hostage to try to enact their anti-immigrant agenda into law. Don’t be fooled: this crisis does not need a bill to fix it—it requires Republican members of Congress to stand up and call for an end to this monstrous Trump Administration policy.”

    Mayor Rahm Emanuel said in a statement, “When Donald Trump forces young boys and girls to be torn from the arms of their mothers and fathers, when families are ripped apart and children are kept in cages, we must be clear that people from all nations have made America great for generations, and we must continue to welcome those who seek a better life in our great city and this great country.”

    GUTIERREZ IN THE HOUSE

    House Democrats, stepping up their protests against Trump’s zero tolerance policy, on Wednesday morning brought children under the age of 12 to the House floor to dramatize the heartbreaking crisis.

    After a string of Democrats gave short speeches in the well of the House chamber, pleading with Trump to keep families together, Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., wrapped up, calling for children on the floor to join him.

    Gutierrez was gaveled out-of-order for a “breach of decorum,” stemming from July 7, 2016, House rules prohibiting “exhibitions” in the well. After Gutierrez continued to speak, the House was declared in recess.

    https://chicago.suntimes.com/columni...is-own-making/

  4. #54
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Location
    NAKON SAWAN
    Posts
    4,281
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    The backlash was massive.

    WASHINGTON — President Trump caved on Wednesday, signing an executive order ending family separations at the Mexican border. Trump’s use of “Dreamers” and children as leverage to get funding for his wall is sidelined for now.

    Trump retreated because his “zero tolerance” policy of taking children from parents at the border triggered an uproar – from Republicans to Democrats to even Pope Francis. Keep in mind that “zero tolerance” is still the policy – but families will be kept together. Families who crossed the border illegally would still be subject to prosecution.

    Under Trump, youths caught in situations not of their making become pawns.

    Trump’s move to deport “Dreamers” – youths brought to the U.S. illegally through no fault of their own – and stockpiling migrant kids – turned out not to be a shortcut to get Congress to swiftly fund his border wall. The one Mexico was supposed to pay for.

    With midterms ahead, this Trump manufactured crisis threatened Republican control of the House and Senate because people, no matter their politics, realized that yanking babies and little kids away from parents – even if they crossed the border illegally or were seeking asylum – should not have become a Trump administration priority.

    And Trump’s own executive order shows – despite what he has been saying, despite what Department of Homeland Security Kirsten Nielsen, Vice President Pence and White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders have been saying, incorrectly, that only Congress can keep families together – Trump had the power to reverse his own policy.

    Signing the executive order, flanked by Pence and Nielsen in the Oval Office, Trump went far down a rabbit hole, acting as if this talk about needing Congress never happened.

    “It’s about keeping families together while at the same time being sure that we have a very powerful, very strong border, and border security will be equal if not greater than previously,” Trump said.

    “So we’re going to have strong, very strong borders, but we’re going to keep the families together. I didn’t like the sight or the feeling of families being separated.”

    How it works: Presidents, as do prosecutors, local officials, police, have a lot of leeway to set priorities when it comes to carrying out the law. Traffic cops don’t give tickets to everyone going 5 miles past the speed limit, though speeding is speeding and it is against the law.

    Trump has been in office more than 500 days and it was only in May that the Trump administration decided on its “zero-tolerance” border policy.

    Trump, speaking earlier to Congressional Republicans at the White House, presented the complex immigration crisis as a simple binary choice, which it is not.

    Said Trump, “The dilemma is that if you’re weak you’re weak which some people would like you to be. If you’re really, really pathetically weak the country is going to be overrun with millions of people and if you are strong then you don’t have any heart. That’s a tough dilemma. Perhaps I’d rather be strong but that’s a tough dilemma.”

    As House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., said at his own press conference on Wednesday, there is no need for a “ridiculous” choice. Government can chose to keep families together and enforce the law.

    USING CHILDREN AS ‘HOSTAGES’

    Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., in a statement addressed using children as “hostages.”

    “Make no mistake: the President is doubling down on his ‘zero tolerance’ policy. His new Executive Order criminalizes asylum-seekers and seeks to indefinitely detain their children.

    “… President Trump and his enablers in Congress have taken these children hostage to try to enact their anti-immigrant agenda into law. Don’t be fooled: this crisis does not need a bill to fix it—it requires Republican members of Congress to stand up and call for an end to this monstrous Trump Administration policy.”

    Mayor Rahm Emanuel said in a statement, “When Donald Trump forces young boys and girls to be torn from the arms of their mothers and fathers, when families are ripped apart and children are kept in cages, we must be clear that people from all nations have made America great for generations, and we must continue to welcome those who seek a better life in our great city and this great country.”

    GUTIERREZ IN THE HOUSE

    House Democrats, stepping up their protests against Trump’s zero tolerance policy, on Wednesday morning brought children under the age of 12 to the House floor to dramatize the heartbreaking crisis.

    After a string of Democrats gave short speeches in the well of the House chamber, pleading with Trump to keep families together, Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., wrapped up, calling for children on the floor to join him.

    Gutierrez was gaveled out-of-order for a “breach of decorum,” stemming from July 7, 2016, House rules prohibiting “exhibitions” in the well. After Gutierrez continued to speak, the House was declared in recess.

    https://chicago.suntimes.com/columni...is-own-making/

    So what would you suggest? The current law says these people have come into the US illegally,they have broke the law,the previous administration used a catch and release policy,giving the individuals a date to come back for a hearing. This sounds good but 90 some percent preferred not to come back,fast forward the current administration,end catch and release which creates the problem that ,according to law,minors cannot be held in adult holding centers. Seems at this point the only answer that will satisfy the Democrats is open borders, unfortunately for the dems. under the current administration this is not going to happen anytime soon. Fast forward to today, Trump follows Schumer’s suggestion takes out his pen and signs an executive order to keep the families together,big problem,a Northern California judge has ruled ,in a prior case, children cannot be held over 90 days. So tell me,all you Trump haters,what would you do?

  5. #55
    Valve Master Latindancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    10,107
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #56
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:32 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    26,600
    Quote Originally Posted by RPETER65 View Post
    So what would you suggest? The current law says these people have come into the US illegally,they have broke the law,the previous administration used a catch and release policy,giving the individuals a date to come back for a hearing. This sounds good but 90 some percent preferred not to come back,fast forward the current administration,end catch and release which creates the problem that ,according to law,minors cannot be held in adult holding centers. Seems at this point the only answer that will satisfy the Democrats is open borders, unfortunately for the dems. under the current administration this is not going to happen anytime soon. Fast forward to today, Trump follows Schumer’s suggestion takes out his pen and signs an executive order to keep the families together,big problem,a Northern California judge has ruled ,in a prior case, children cannot be held over 90 days. So tell me,all you Trump haters,what would you do?
    I was going to ask are you retarded but you're a chump supporter so it's obvious you are. I would SUGGEST keeping the kids together with their mums during the whole process rather than traumatizing them. It's pretty fucking simple I'd have thought even a tard like you could figure that one out.
    "In my professional assessment as an intelligence officer, Trump has a reflexive, defensive, monumentally narcissistic personality, for whom the facts and national interest are irrelevant, and the only thing that counts is whatever gives personal advantage and directs attention to himself."

  7. #57
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Location
    NAKON SAWAN
    Posts
    4,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    I was going to ask are you retarded but you're a chump supporter so it's obvious you are. I would SUGGEST keeping the kids together with their mums during the whole process rather than traumatizing them. It's pretty fucking simple I'd have thought even a tard like you could figure that one out.

    So you would suggest going against current law that states the minor children cannot be housed in federal detention centers. Surely you must be the retarded one,suggesting going contrary to US federal law. Now genius give me a real answer that will actually work. Sorry for asking something above your intelligence level,but please give it your best shot.
    By the way I am not a Trump supporter,but I do speak up when I see facts being either left out or ignored.

  8. #58
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    29,725
    Quote Originally Posted by RPETER65
    So you would suggest going against current law that states the minor children cannot be housed in federal detention centers. Surely you must be the retarded one,suggesting going contrary to US federal law.
    Are you such a stickler for all laws? E.g. abortion? Anti-LGBT discrimination?

    Quote Originally Posted by RPETER65
    By the way I am not a Trump supporter

  9. #59
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Location
    NAKON SAWAN
    Posts
    4,281
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Are you such a stickler for all laws? E.g. abortion? Anti-LGBT discrimination?



    yes,unless they are legally changed.

    maybe you can show where I have posted againstLGBT. If you are referring to my post defending the Christian baker and flower shop I was not protesting LGBT rights I was supporting Christians rights to live by their faith.

  10. #60
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    29,725
    Quote Originally Posted by RPETER65
    Christians rights to live by their faith
    They can and do. It's when they use that faith to try to impose their bigotry on others it becomes an issue.

    Anyways nice to know that you support the forced separation of kids from their parents just 'cos it's the law and that you're no doubt a vocal supporter of a woman's right to an abortion since that's also a law.

  11. #61
    VIP Elite Club
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,693
    Quote Originally Posted by RPETER65 View Post
    This sounds good but 90 some percent preferred not to come back
    That is an outright lie that you brainwashed right wing morons have been pushing ever since Sen. Flake started it back in 2014. It gets hard to keep up with all the lies doesn't it repeater.

    Sen. Jeff Flake says 90 percent of immigrants given court dates fail to show up | PolitiFact

    The truth;

    Between 2003 and 2012, the percentage of all immigrants who failed to appear in court after being released has bounced between 20 percent and 40 percent, settling in at about 30 percent at the end of that time span.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPETER65 View Post
    So you would suggest going against current law
    Let's be very clear not putting these people in jail is not failing to enforce the law. That too is another right wing lie. The crime these migrants are charged with is a misdemeanor. Most people who are charged with misdemeanors are cited and released on the spot. They are written a ticket and given a court date. Throwing these people in jail for months on end for a petty crime is beyond absurd and completely unprecedented. No other administration has done this.

    The overwhelming majority of Americans are furious about this. Payback will come in November.
    Last edited by bsnub; 21-06-2018 at 08:51 AM.

  12. #62
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    29,725
    “I never thought I would hear a positive spin on detaining children. ‘Look, I’m a cage-half-full kind guy. After all, what is a chain-link fence, if not a wall made of silver linings?’”



    -- Trevor Noah unpacks Trump and Fox News’s defense for detaining immigrant children

  13. #63
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Location
    NAKON SAWAN
    Posts
    4,281
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    They can and do. It's when they use that faith to try to impose their bigotry on others it becomes an issue.

    Anyways nice to know that you support the forced separation of kids from their parents just 'cos it's the law and that you're no doubt a vocal supporter of a woman's right to an abortion since that's also a law.

    I don’t support the separation of kids from their parents but I do support the enforcement of immigration laws. Why are none of the dems.,and you progressive non Americans not talking about the option of these illegals taking the right approach to immigration and not being put in this situation in the first place. You also failing to mention the fact that Trump signed an executive order that the illegals and their families be housed together,seems like a good idea to me.


    I guess it is a matter of opinion as to whether Christians standing by their faith is trying to impose that faith on others,seems the Supreme Court sided with the baker.

  14. #64
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Location
    across the street
    Posts
    2,783
    Melania's tweet.......be best

    A great visit with the King & Queen of Spain at the @WhiteHouse today. Queen Letizia & I enjoyed tea & time together focusing on the ways we can positively impact children.”

  15. #65
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    29,725
    Quote Originally Posted by RPETER65
    I don’t support the separation of kids from their parents but I do support the enforcement of immigration laws
    Great.

    Meanwhile, in case you hadn't noticed, the US has been forcibly separating kids from their parents and locking them in cages.

    Not because of a law but because of a policy of the Trump administration.

    Quote Originally Posted by RPETER65
    Why are none of the dems.,and you progressive non Americans not talking about the option of these illegals taking the right approach to immigration and not being put in this situation in the first place.
    Irrelevant whataboutism.

    Quote Originally Posted by RPETER65
    You also failing to mention the fact that Trump signed an executive order that the illegals and their families be housed together,seems like a good idea to me.
    What is there to mention? That Trump has signed an executive order to solve an issue that was of his own creation?

    Do you think he should be applauded and acknowledged for that?

  16. #66
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Location
    NAKON SAWAN
    Posts
    4,281
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    That is an outright lie that you brainwashed right wing morons have been pushing ever since Sen. Flake started it back in 2014. It gets hard to keep up with all the lies doesn't it repeater.

    Sen. Jeff Flake says 90 percent of immigrants given court dates fail to show up | PolitiFact

    The truth;





    Let's be very clear not putting these people in jail is not failing to enforce the law. That too is another right wing lie. The crime these migrants are charged with is a misdemeanor. Most people who are charged with misdemeanors are cited and released on the spot. They are written a ticket and given a court date. Throwing these people in jail for months on end for a petty crime is beyond absurd and completely unprecedented. No other administration has done this.

    The overwhelming majority of Americans are furious about this. Payback will come in November.

    Let me me see the link to support your 20 to 40 percent.

    Most misdemeanors released don’t pose the problem of rounding up thousands living in the US illegally. Why not build the wall,issue work permits for those seeking available jobs, most of the problem solved.
    Would you be against that also?

    Pay back,do you consider this a game that needs to drag on for decades,how about everyone get over their egoes and decide to come together and solve some serious problems.

  17. #67
    Sukhumvet
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    10,502
    I read somewhere that some of the crying children are actors. Anyone else read this?

  18. #68
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    29,725
    That comes from a comment by professional attention whore Ann Coulter.

    I saw it an immediately dismissed it as utter shite.

  19. #69
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Location
    across the street
    Posts
    2,783
    Yes, small Mexican adults portraying emotionally distraught children forced to live in cages. SAG provides them, dark state pays well.

  20. #70
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    29,725
    I hear that the medical benefits coverage isn't so great though.

    Plus they're levied an extra tax as Mexicans to pay for the wall.

  21. #71
    VIP Elite Club
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,693
    Quote Originally Posted by RPETER65 View Post
    Let me me see the link to support your 20 to 40 percent.
    It is right in my post you feckless moron.

    Quote Originally Posted by RPETER65 View Post
    Why not build the wall
    Fuck your wall.

  22. #72
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    9,780
    Quote Originally Posted by VocalNeal View Post
    I read somewhere that some of the crying children are actors. Anyone else read this?
    I read somewhere that the original pictures of children being separated from their parents were pictures from the Obama era.



    In this June 18, 2014 photo, two female detainees sleep in a holding cell, as the children are separated by age group and gender, at a US Customs and Border Protection center in Nogales, Arizona.
    Last edited by Pragmatic; 21-06-2018 at 10:13 AM.

  23. #73
    VIP Elite Club
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,693
    Also I would like to say that this whole immigration issue is a massive red herring. Illegal immigration has been in steady decline since 2009. This whole thing is nonstarter and has been since the beginning.

    That number dropped to 10.9 million in 2014, according to a study published this week by the demographer Robert Warren of the Center for Migration Studies. The population of undocumented immigrants has now fallen every year since 2008, Warren has found, and 2014 marked the first time in a decade that it dropped below 11 million. When Barack Obama took office, the number of undocumented immigrants stood at about 12 million.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...opping/426612/

    In fact there are more of them leaving....

    "We're experiencing a net outflow of illegal, undocumented workers from America back to Mexico," U.S. Rep. Ron Kind, D-La Crosse, said Feb. 16, 2017 on Wisconsin Public Radio. "To build a wall now would be locking them in this country."
    Yes, we are experiencing a net outflow of illegal, undocumented workers from America back to Mexico | PolitiFact Wisconsin

    Basically it comes down to gullible, brainwashed, racist right wing morons. That is it.

  24. #74
    Philippine Expat
    Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    17,302
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    It is right in my post you feckless moron.



    Fuck your wall.
    Good to see you're back to your normal posting style. The quasi-polite posts from you were confusing.

  25. #75
    VIP Elite Club
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton View Post
    The quasi-polite posts from you were confusing.
    I only attack certain posters. Rpeater is one who deserves to be attacked. After your buddy gramps/cold pizza he has the most negative repo for a reason.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •