Page 8 of 572 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161858108508 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 14291
  1. #176
    Thailand Expat
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bali
    Posts
    11,678
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille
    This idea that Europe is bricking itself at the prospect of the UK leaving is utterly absurd and totally deluded, self-important fantasy.
    A bit fast and loose with the hyperbole there Cy.

    One of the main reasons for EU intransigence in negotiations, is to deter any other country that dares to think of leaving the blessed union.

    It only works if the socialists are allowed to pursue their federal agenda, and that means the UK must be punished by the EU commissars.

    I'm absolutely certain that a number of countries are following this closely in order to assess their own potential for withdrawal.
    Heart of Gold and a Knob of butter.

  2. #177
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Posts
    16,132
    The EU is perfectly clear.

    They don't give a shit about anything except:

    1) Bills for things agreed by 28 member states will not now be paid solely by 27.
    2) The basic precepts of joining the Union....free movement of goods and people...will not be compromised, and when the UK is outside of the Union it cannot have one without the other.

    It's a straightforward and completely logical approach.

    Which is why, more than a year on from the referendum, the Tories are still in such an unholy muddle trying to pretend there is an argument against it.

  3. #178
    Thailand Expat
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bali
    Posts
    11,678
    ^ your socialist blinkers are showing Cy.

    The impact on other member states cannot be dismissed so lightly, and the EU team are fully aware of this.

  4. #179
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Posts
    16,132
    You put up no support there for either of those points.

    Compared to the post you were responding to it's remarkably like Barnier vs Davis.

  5. #180
    lom
    lom is offline
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    8,332
    Quote Originally Posted by chassamui
    I'm absolutely certain that a number of countries are following this closely in order to assess their own potential for withdrawal.
    Name them!
    Not even Greece wanted to leave but took the bitter medicine instead..

  6. #181
    Thailand Expat
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bali
    Posts
    11,678
    Quote Originally Posted by lom
    Name them
    Netherlands
    Poland
    Hungary
    France
    Italy

    All becoming rapidly disenchanted with the federal idealism. France will be difficult because of CAP income and the simple fact that they are French.

    Italy will be difficult due to EU debt mountain.

    The rest are waiting for UK to go, with fingers crossed that they can afford to follow.

  7. #182
    Thailand Expat
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bali
    Posts
    11,678
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille
    You put up no support there for either of those points
    I don't need to. It's already in the public domain, repeatedly.

    Just because you socialist leanings don't like it, does not make it any less of a fact, and it cannot be ignored.

  8. #183
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:37 AM
    Posts
    4,880
    Quote Originally Posted by birding View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    @ birding:
    Didn't I commented yesterday on your post re refugees? Was it here?
    Cannot find it, yours as well. Or was there something inappropriate?
    Had a look and cant find it either.
    Unbelievable, how a number of posts get lost...

    Perhaps, it was wrong that I wrote the wars (Afgh,. Iraq, etc) were (or have been) fought not by USA but by "a coalition"?

  9. #184
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Posts
    16,132
    Quote Originally Posted by chassamui View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lom
    Name them
    Netherlands
    Poland
    Hungary
    France
    Italy
    Poland for starters does not have one single major leader advocating leaving the EU. It's just a bunch of right-wingers, as in the other countries named. Yes, there is disenchantment with the federal EU approach, but the vast majority want to stay in.

  10. #185
    Thailand Expat
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bali
    Posts
    11,678
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille
    Yes, there is disenchantment with the federal EU approach, but the vast majority want to stay in.
    A partial acceptance that the roots of a long term problem exists is a good start.
    Nice of you to admit it in print.
    Where does the centre ground stop and the right wing begin in all these democracies?
    France has just demonstrated staunch socialist tendencies.

    Give it up Cy. You can't piss up my back and tell me it's raining.

  11. #186
    Thailand Expat
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bali
    Posts
    11,678

  12. #187
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Posts
    11,874
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    The EU is perfectly clear.

    They don't give a shit about anything except:

    1) Bills for things agreed by 28 member states will not now be paid solely by 27.
    2) The basic precepts of joining the Union....free movement of goods and people...will not be compromised, and when the UK is outside of the Union it cannot have one without the other.

    It's a straightforward and completely logical approach.

    Which is why, more than a year on from the referendum, the Tories are still in such an unholy muddle trying to pretend there is an argument against it.
    You really are clueless are dumb not that that will come as a surprise to anyone. So these countries who have free trade deals with the EU why don't they have to accept free movement of people or pay into EU coffers?

  13. #188
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Posts
    11,398
    Quote Originally Posted by birding
    The EU is very scared of Britain leaving


    we couldn't be happier, it's going to be a breath of fresh air after you fuckers leave

  14. #189
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Posts
    11,398
    Quote Originally Posted by chassamui
    France
    you can speak in the name of France now ?

    you are clearly delusional, nobody in France wants to leave the EU

    even in Lepen party, it's a heated debate and they are split about it. Actually it's imploding as we speak because of that issue. That party might stop exist and have a big leadership change in the coming months.

    Macron did it

  15. #190
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by birding View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    @ birding:
    Didn't I commented yesterday on your post re refugees? Was it here?
    Cannot find it, yours as well. Or was there something inappropriate?
    Had a look and cant find it either.
    Unbelievable, how a number of posts get lost...

    Perhaps, it was wrong that I wrote the wars (Afgh,. Iraq, etc) were (or have been) fought not by USA but by "a coalition"?
    Certainly sounds wrong for a thread on Brexit.

  16. #191
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Posts
    16,132
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Certainly sounds wrong.
    Just a glimpse at the usernames...

  17. #192
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Posts
    16,132
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    You really are clueless are dumb not that that will come as a surprise to anyone.
    So difficult to establish one's credentials with such a learned audience.


  18. #193
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Posts
    11,874
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    You really are clueless are dumb not that that will come as a surprise to anyone.
    So difficult to establish one's credentials with such a learned audience.

    Your students must dread your lessons, having to sit through an hour of boring tedious simple Sybil.

  19. #194
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Posts
    11,398
    back to the topic,

    May is out of her league, how long before she resigns and leave a trail of shit behind her ?

  20. #195
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    7,473
    John Crace killed her with the maybot nickname. Just a question of time before she falls....not sure if anyone will be able to clean up afterwards.

  21. #196
    Thailand Expat
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bali
    Posts
    11,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    John Crace killed her with the maybot nickname. Just a question of time before she falls....not sure if anyone will be able to clean up afterwards
    Even Corbyn wouldn't want the job now. Poisoned chalice.

  22. #197
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Posts
    16,132
    The call for cross-party collaboration for the good of the country was a bit of a giveaway there.

    And now May's moribund dimwits are desperately trying to extend their powers under cover of a fog that their own cluelessness has created.

    What a shower of uselessness.

    Did you hear May desperately trying to imbue her 'duller than Major' "personality" with some colour at Lords yesterday?

    Dear oh dear.

  23. #198
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    7,473
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    The EU is perfectly clear.

    They don't give a shit about anything except:

    1) Bills for things agreed by 28 member states will not now be paid solely by 27.
    2) The basic precepts of joining the Union....free movement of goods and people...will not be compromised, and when the UK is outside of the Union it cannot have one without the other.

    It's a straightforward and completely logical approach.

    Which is why, more than a year on from the referendum, the Tories are still in such an unholy muddle trying to pretend there is an argument against it.
    You really are clueless are dumb not that that will come as a surprise to anyone. So these countries who have free trade deals with the EU why don't they have to accept free movement of people or pay into EU coffers?
    Cyrille is pretty much spot on. You are clinging on to clumps of misleading information and outright lies.

    Amongst other things, an FTA does not cover services, which accounts for nearly 80% of the UK economy. It will also not allow the freedom of trade that membership offers and has been calculated as accounting for well over half of the trade with the EU. Throw in the additional groups that the UK belongs as a member and the loss brexit brings becomes a no brainer...

  24. #199
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Posts
    16,132
    Yeah, I noticed the whole first page of links on google about how pissed off Poland is with the EU were all from the express.

    Did that not give you cause to...maybe just ponder?

  25. #200
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Posts
    16,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    Cyrille is pretty much spot on.
    Quite faint praise, really.

    Could you clarify where I'm wrong?

    I thought I was stating what was obvious.

    The starting point for anyone but an idiot.

    (ie buriramboy)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 6 guests)

  1. Takeovers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •