Page 456 of 543 FirstFirst ... 356406446448449450451452453454455456457458459460461462463464466506 ... LastLast
Results 11,376 to 11,400 of 13573
  1. #11376
    hangin' around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,788
    Umm...everybody knows that.

    I commented to that effect nearly 24 hours ago.


  2. #11377
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Posts
    11,081
    Another argument is Merkel hope the UK will participate in the new EU elections, and see the REMAINERS win in majority in EU Parliament for UK MEPs, making the whole thing a secondary REFERENDUM for the British government to consider.

    basically sending a message to the British people and overriding Westminster for REMAINERs voice to be heard and that Brexit is being put into question with the hope that REVOKE will be the only option left.
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 12-04-2019 at 02:18 PM.

  3. #11378
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Posts
    11,081
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Umm...everybody knows that.

    I commented to that effect nearly 24 hours ago.

    your words mean nothing, and everyone ignore your posts, like jabir

  4. #11379
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Posts
    4,649
    Who cares now about Brexit, we have WikiLexit...

  5. #11380
    hangin' around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,788
    Yeah, that works about as well as a fecal fly exclusive.


  6. #11381
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Posts
    11,081
    yes fecalcy

  7. #11382
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Posts
    11,081
    at the end, our Brexiteers friends were right, there is a conspiracy in the EU for stopping Brexit, mostly by the Germans, and we know why, with 25% of their cars export being to the UK

    the deal was fair though, and the only one on the table. The point of the extension is not to harm the UK with a hard Brexit, because everyone would suffer from it. Need to protect them from their own follies.

    so you guys are staying it seems

    fuck that shit,

  8. #11383
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Location
    Sumatra
    Posts
    3,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Another argument is Merkel hope the UK will participate in the new EU elections, and see the REMAINERS win in majority in EU Parliament for UK MEPs, making the whole thing a secondary REFERENDUM for the British government to consider.

    basically sending a message to the British people and overriding Westminster for REMAINERs voice to be heard and that Brexit is being put into question with the hope that REVOKE will be the only option left.
    The opposite is far more likely. Across Europe, dissatisfied voters will elect right, or far right MEPs. The commission will be hamstrung by a Trump style version of political weighting in the EU parliament.

    The Union will soon fail, with UK stuck inside it. Oh dear.

  9. #11384
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,364
    5-10 years, outside.

  10. #11385
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelFarage View Post
    The USA has been a relative success, like Boeing's 747 (but perhaps Trump is its 737 Max moment ).

    The EU is the equivalent of the Airbus A380, trying to be bigger and more successful than the 747, now a failed and cancelled project.
    The EU is is a larger and richer trading bloc than the US. In fact it's the largest and richest trading bloc and the largest economy in the world. It has more free trade agreements than any other bloc and is the top trading partner for 80 countries (as opposed to the US with 20). You really haven't a clue about what the EU is or what it does, do you?
    Last edited by DrB0b; 12-04-2019 at 05:14 PM.
    The Above Post May Contain Strong Language, Flashing Lights, or Violent Scenes.

  11. #11386
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    The EU is is a larger and richer trading bloc than the US. In fact it's the largest and richest trading bloc and the largest economy in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelFarage View Post
    Looking forward to seeing whether the RCEP, the world's largest and most powerful trading bloc,
    On ignore, am I?

    The RCEP is a FTA and doesn't even exist yet, when and if it exists it still won't be a single economy - you fool. Again, because I know how difficult it is for you to understand facts that you haven't made up yourself, THE RCEP IS A PROPOSED FTA, not in any way comparable to the EU.

  12. #11387
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    7,376
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelFarage View Post
    I'm sure this deeply flawed 20th century project won't last another decade. We're far better off being the first to desert the sinking ship.
    It's not a good idea to jump off a serviceable ship without a life-vest. A tethered lifeboat is almost as uncomfortable.

  13. #11388
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    7,376
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelFarage View Post
    ^ Brexit IS personal.

    Combined with your inability to see anyone else's point of view is that trademark haughty bigotry that so many remainers seem to suffer from.

    Your "There are no benefits to be gained by leaving the EU" comment is laughable.
    Perhaps you would like to list the net benefits of leaving the EU rather than brush the comment aside as laughable.

    I am not laughing. Brexit is far from a laughing matter.

  14. #11389
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    7,376
    ^ I'm claiming that the size of the UKs economy is based on its current relationship with the EU. A breakdown of that relationship will weaken the UK economy. Are you going to argue against this?

    So you can't think of any net benefits of leaving the EU.

    Not sure why you're so keen on brexit...

  15. #11390
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Posts
    11,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    ^ I'm claiming that the size of the UKs economy is based on its current relationship with the EU. A breakdown of that relationship will weaken the UK economy. Are you going to argue against this?

    So you can't think of any net benefits of leaving the EU.

    Not sure why you're so keen on brexit...
    racism and immigration

  16. #11391
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Posts
    11,081
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelFarage View Post
    The deal was shit, and is only a transition period until the end of next year. It needs to be scrapped and a proper permanent fee-less, backstop-less FTA needs to take its place.
    then it's going to be hard brexit, or remains because there is no better deal

    either way you are fooked,

  17. #11392
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelFarage View Post
    So you're equating me not bothering to provide a sales pitch of benefits to someone repeatedly requesting one on a forum as me being unable to think of any. Crikes, what a weird way to think.
    You are being equated to someone who is unable to provide facts to back up his arguments, which is what you are. A debate IS a sales pitch, one in which you are trying to persuade the other person to buy your argument. If you don't understand something so basic don't expect anyone to find you anything other than ludicrous. All you are doing here, in an extremely obvious and childish manner, is trying to wriggle out of proving something you know is patently false and attempting to avoid providing factual information which doesn't actually exist.

  18. #11393
    hangin' around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,788
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelFarage View Post
    So you're equating me not bothering to provide a sales pitch of benefits to someone repeatedly requesting one on a forum as me being unable to think of any. Crikes, what a weird way to think.


    In other words 'Smeggers could if they wanted to'.

    You're out of your depth and making the paucity of your argument plain on a daily basis.

  19. #11394
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelFarage View Post
    That depends on whether you believe the EU's game of bluff that it's had to engage in to save its own skin. The EU won't want to damage its 67 billion trade surplus with the UK, its single largest export market.
    Exports mean people are buying those exports, it's not as if the EU are forcing the British people to buy goods they don't want. . It's idiocy to think that UK trade with the EU will drop to zero after Brexit. The UK is about 16% of the EU's export market and is likely to remain one of the EU's largest export markets after Brexit. By the way, you are also entirely ignoring the fact that the EU is the UKs largest export market, the proportion of UK goods exported to the EU significantly outweighs the proportion of EU goods exported to the UK.

  20. #11395
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Posts
    11,081
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    You are being equated to someone who is unable to provide facts to back up his arguments, which is what you are. A debate IS a sales pitch, one in which you are trying to persuade the other person to buy your argument. If you don't understand something so basic don't expect anyone to find you anything other than ludicrous. All you are doing here, in an extremely obvious and childish manner, is trying to wriggle out of proving something you know is patently false and attempting to avoid providing factual information which doesn't actually exist.
    it's frigging Smeggle, what do you expect? dishonest to the bone, the delusional loon

  21. #11396
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post


    In other words 'Smeggers could if they wanted to'.

    You're out of your depth and making the paucity of your argument plain on a daily basis.

    He always does that. In argument based on facts and statistics asking him for facts and statistics almost always ends up in him throwing a hissy fit. I have no doubt he'll be putting Troy "on ignore" soon.

  22. #11397
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    it's frigging Smeggle, what do you expect? dishonest to the bone, the delusional loon
    Now, now - let's just say his honesty is on a par with his empathy and insight.

  23. #11398
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,364
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelFarage View Post
    I'm sure this deeply flawed 20th century project won't last another decade. We're far better off being the first to desert the sinking ship.
    If we ever did manage to escape which is unlikely, they'd blame us not their leaders for holing it below the water line.

  24. #11399
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Posts
    11,687
    Since when has the EU been a country? Why when talking about imports/exports do people always refer to the EU as though it is a country instead of focusing on the trade the UK has with individual countries as opposed to lumping them all in together. It will make no difference to the economies of Romania and Hungary if Britain leaves with a deal or not, France and Germany another matter as we are there largest market for numerous goods.

  25. #11400
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    7,376
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelFarage View Post
    Why would international investment in the UK have increased since the brexit vote if having a successful economy is tied to its current relationship with the EU? You're not thinking straight.

    So you're equating me not bothering to provide a sales pitch of benefits to someone repeatedly requesting one on a forum as me being unable to think of any. Crikes, what a weird way to think.
    International investment has fallen by nearly 20% since the referendum.

    You keep stating things that you cannot back up with facts.

    Why was my statement about no net benefits in leaving the EU laughable? You can squirm as much as you want but I need facts not slogans and lies to be convinced.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •