1. #8176
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:10 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    29,124
    Pretty pathetic for this group of remoaners to claim racism and bullying as their reason when it's clear that they're simply remoaners who are throwing their dummy out of the pram because they are not getting their own way - I wonder if Blair will be back to lead them soon...



    I understand that British politics is broken and needs to change/evolve, but these few remoaners are not part of a potential solution. Let them stand in bi-elections to see if the electorate support their move - of course, they refuse to...
    How do I post these pictures???

  2. #8177
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:17 PM
    Posts
    12,676
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    They are moving all European based production back to Japan, can you not read boy?

    As to Bently they currently have a massive expansion going on in Crewe and with 7 new models out this year they ain't going anywhere.
    You really are quite amusing in that repulsive way watching a mongrel dog lick its arse and then nuzzle its owner's face amuses.

    Swindon is Honda's only European car producing factory, you gormless nitwit.

    And it is moving because the Japs are pissed off waiting for an answer on British/EU frictionless trade negotiations which they see now as utterly compromised by the right wing Brexit Tory Kipper nutters. Brexit was an obvious factor in their decision after the EU FTA deal was done.

    Look, there has been little meaningful investment in Britain for over two years from the Japs or indeed any of the other big hitters.

    Your Brexit is a pile of shit, eat it but don't tell us it's fucking jam.

  3. #8178
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Posts
    11,687
    Never argued that Doris deal wasn't a pile of shit for the simple reason it isn't Brexit.

  4. #8179
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 AM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    21,201
    brexit is an illogical move - it should not have gone to a referendum

  5. #8180
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    16,870
    ^ But it did, and the result was to leave the EU, therefore Brexit will happen. That's the way it works.
    Last edited by Neverna; 19-02-2019 at 10:11 PM. Reason: typo

  6. #8181
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,272
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    brexit is an illogical move - it should not have gone to a referendum
    There was a referendum to join. I don't recall there being any marches or bitching for another referendum, at the time. So it's only fair we have a referendum to leave and no second referendum because it never went the way some wanted it to. Roll on the day we walk.

  7. #8182
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 AM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    21,201
    all the poor people who suffer because of this stupidity are not going to be happy once the reality of living in the 2nd world hits home

    and they will not blame themselves even though many of them voted to leave

    this frenchie gillett jaunes hissy fit will be nothing compared to the chav tantrums that will come

  8. #8183
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    7,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    There was a referendum to join. I don't recall there being any marches or bitching for another referendum, at the time. So it's only fair we have a referendum to leave and no second referendum because it never went the way some wanted it to. Roll on the day we walk.
    Your memory is failing you. The UK joined the common market in 1973 without a referendum. The 1975 referendum was on whether to continue membership or to leave.

    The only interesting outcome will be if the UK decided to leave with no agreement with the EU in place. There are lots of unknowns in such a scenario so quite fun for the curious observer.

    The FTA between Japan and the EU couldn't have come at a worse time for the UK. Brexit supporters certainly got it very wrong when they said they had the support of Japanese car industry in 2016. What percentage of the UK manufacturing does the car industry represent?

    April could be a fun month. Are Bentley still closing in Crewe for a few weeks until the panic is over?

  9. #8184
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:10 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    29,124
    & how are Germany's & France's economies doing in comparison...

    Considering Brexit is supposed to be the end of the world then why aren't the other major EU economies performing better?

  10. #8185
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:10 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    29,124
    Too many Germans and not enough transparency.
    Those were the main complaints among EU diplomats and members of the European Parliament about the surprise appointment of Martin Selmayr, Jean-Claude Juncker's chief of staff, as the Commission's top civil servant. The move gives the already-powerful German lawyer even more influence in Brussels and ensures he will stay in the secretary-general post even after the current Commission departs in October next year.


    The move means Germans will hold the secretary-general position in three EU institutions. Klaus Welle holds the post at the European Parliament while veteran diplomat Helga Schmid has the equivalent position at the European External Action Service.
    “I find these nominations of people representing big countries problematic,” said Frank Engel, a Luxembourgish member of the European People's Party, the same center-right political family to which Selmayr belongs.
    A senior EU diplomat said Selmayr's nomination was not surprising as "he acted and worked in the interests of the European Commission."
    However, having a third German as secretary-general in the EU is "not possible," the diplomat said.
    "There needs to be a balance of nationalities," he said. "Three Germans is too much."
    Another EU diplomat went as far as saying that Selmayr's appointment was a "power grab that gives lots of power to the Germans."

    https://www.politico.eu/article/brus...s-in-top-jobs/

    Here's another worthwhile read:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/martin-selmayr-promoted-director-general-jean-claude-juncker-eu-brussels-a8221356.html

    There simply is not a democratic EU - there's a lunatic extreme element in complete control, earning massive salaries, forwarding their own agenda.

    Obviously, the EU will fall to pieces, so more the reason to leave now rather than be in a worse position later.
    Last edited by Bettyboo; 19-02-2019 at 01:31 PM.

  11. #8186
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:10 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    29,124
    Why would anybody want to be a member of this closed and undemocratic group??? It's so completely corrupt and self-serving...


    Some in Brussels also complained about the manner of Selmayr's appointment, which came out of the blue on Wednesday morning. His nomination was added to the weekly meeting of commissioners at the last minute, a participant said, to avoid the news being leaked and prevent opposition to the move building up.


    In an ironic tweet, the European Conservatives and Reformists (ECR) group said it was looking forward to seeing the Commission releasing "the results of the competition held for candidates for Secretary General.”
    "Congratulations to Martin #Selmayr for winning this open and fair competition!” it added.
    "How does the Commission expect people to believe that the EU is capable of change and listening to the voters when the process for appointing to top positions is so opaque," said Syed Kamall, a British MEP and the president of the ECR group. "The Commission should be looking at ways to make Brussels more transparent and democratic, yet this appointment resembles nothing more than jobs for the boys."
    Dutch Liberal MEP Marietje Schaake described Selmayr as “political, controversial and not a bridge builder.”
    “Maybe he should have run for political & accountable office instead,” she tweeted.
    https://www.politico.eu/article/brussels-selmayr-problem-too-many-germans-in-top-jobs/

  12. #8187
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Location
    Sumatra
    Posts
    3,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Your memory is failing you. The UK joined the common market in 1973 without a referendum. The 1975 referendum was on whether to continue membership or to leave.

    The only interesting outcome will be if the UK decided to leave with no agreement with the EU in place. There are lots of unknowns in such a scenario so quite fun for the curious observer.

    The FTA between Japan and the EU couldn't have come at a worse time for the UK. Brexit supporters certainly got it very wrong when they said they had the support of Japanese car industry in 2016. What percentage of the UK manufacturing does the car industry represent?

    April could be a fun month. Are Bentley still closing in Crewe for a few weeks until the panic is over?
    How interesting that you raise the point about manufacturing percentages. Weren’t you one of those who pointed out that manufacturing and industrial exports were so small that they were not significant compared to the service sector?

    Genuine question and i cant be arsed to trawl through all the bullshit to find out.

  13. #8188
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:10 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    29,124
    To add to the above because it really is at the heart of the EU problem and Brexit:

    1) The EU parliament voted through a resolution for Selmayr to resign - ignored...https://www.euractiv.com/section/eu-...s-resignation/

    2) The EU's own ombudsman showed 4 separate breaches of procedure in the appointment - ignored...https://www.euractiv.com/section/eu-...ve-to-top-job/

    These are a bunch of fanatics who hold the reigns firmly and have zero regard for democracy or anything that doesn't support their agenda.

    Even before Brexit, the EU was talking about how it must change, but all it has done is baton down the hatches and more aggressively followed the same practices - even without Brexit, the EU is doomed because of the dogmatic ideologes that want ever more centralised power; that simply isn't the wishes of the EU citizens. As we appear to be entering a worldwide recession, again, or at least a slow down, the south of Europe will suffer far greater in comparison to the north of Europe and this will be the final straw; we've already seen the start of this with Italy and France, but Spain, Portugal, + will join in as their unemployment increases, services are cut, citizens quality of life drops...

  14. #8189
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Posts
    11,687
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    brexit is an illogical move - it should not have gone to a referendum
    It's extremely logical as the EU is heading in a direction that the UK wants no part of as in a federal superstate obsessed with dismantling the nation state.

    As to your other post about the lower end and the poor, they are screwed anyway but due to the generosity of the UK benefit system they will continue to enjoy their free ride through life. So no change for them.

  15. #8190
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Posts
    11,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    What do you mean??? These lovely ladies are our future...
    these lovely ladies just want you to become gay, they are fucking walking disasters

  16. #8191
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,362
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    It's extremely logical as the EU is heading in a direction that the UK wants no part of as in a federal superstate obsessed with dismantling the nation state.

    As to your other post about the lower end and the poor, they are screwed anyway but due to the generosity of the UK benefit system they will continue to enjoy their free ride through life. So no change for them.
    Federal superstate is being generous, it's an Empire forming before our eyes, and ironically one whose progress and format are conveniently being ignored by the EU chest thumpers that oh so righteously revile the Britas Empire and its former owner.

    Hypocrites of the first order!

  17. #8192
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    ^So following your logic, misty eyed, chest thumping Brexiteers defending and longing for a return of the British Empire while reviling an imaginary EU empire then, logically, must be "Hypocrites of the first order!" ?

  18. #8193
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Posts
    11,687
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar View Post
    ^So following your logic, misty eyed, chest thumping Brexiteers defending and longing for a return of the British Empire while reviling an imaginary EU empire then, logically, must be "Hypocrites of the first order!" ?
    Do you set yourself a challenge everyday to see if you can make an even stupider post than the previous days best effort?

  19. #8194
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    As to your other post about the lower end and the poor, they are screwed anyway but due to the generosity of the UK benefit system they will continue to enjoy their free ride through life. So no change for them.
    You must have been living under a rock on Mars for the last decade if you've not heard about Austerity ...or is it because you get all your information from the Daily Express?

  20. #8195
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Posts
    11,081
    is the EU a new empire? is Russia a new Empire? is the US a new empire? is China a new Empire?

    too many Empires, so more likely Superstate until they all merge and become a Super Empire

  21. #8196
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Because you talk shit and when it's repeatedly pointed out to you you are talking shit you just ignore it and go and talk shit about something else.

    Let's take the above post where you say the parties biggest success was to win 1 out of 650 seats. They won the last Euro elections where they have PR as opposed to FPTP pushing the Tories and Labour into second and third. As I said you just talk shit and make shit up.

    You really are not very bright are you?

    650 seats can only refer to the UK parliament not the EU

    How is Farage's new party going to be part of the EU parliament?

    Have you not heard about Brexit?

  22. #8197
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Posts
    11,687
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar View Post
    You must have been living under a rock on Mars for the last decade if you've not heard about Austerity ...or is it because you get all your information from the Daily Express?
    What austerity? The government is still spending money like a drunken sailor on shore leave. Do you have any idea how much job dodgers, single mothers with their 5 kids all sired by different fathers etc. Coin in each year?

  23. #8198
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Posts
    11,687
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar View Post
    You really are not very bright are you?

    650 seats can only refer to the UK parliament not the EU
    Again you show you are ignorant and dumb as fuck and when shown you are ignorant and dumb as fuck you go on to something else. UKIP stood in local, national and EU elections and it's biggest success was to win the EU elections in 2015, when was the last time some party other than the Tories or Labour won an election. You describe UKIP and Farage as failures when the reality is what they achieved at the ballot box and forcing the Tories to put having a referendum in their manifesto is unprecedented in the UK for a party of their size.

  24. #8199
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Sir Nigel of Farage new party over 100k members already, to put that in perspective the Tories only have 125k members. Doris doesn't deliver Brexit and the Tories will get nowhere near 37% of the vote.

    Quote Originally Posted by foobar View Post
    Farage couldn't even win his own seat in his previous party, which was very embarrassing considering he was the party leader.

    A party whose greatest success was to win 1 of a possible 650 seats, this is the reality, Farage is insignificant, no matter how much he tries to puff himself up in the media.

    Nigel's new party will be more of the same, they might win 1 - 2 seats then again maybe zero seats.
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post

    You clearly have no idea about the UK electoral system, to go along with every thing else you've ever posted about. Is there any subject you have even the slightest bit of knowledge about?
    So, how many of the 650 available seats do you predict Farage's new party to win in the next General Election?

  25. #8200
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Again you show you are ignorant and dumb as fuck and when shown you are ignorant and dumb as fuck you go on to something else. UKIP stood in local, national and EU elections and it's biggest success was to win the EU elections in 2015, when was the last time some party other than the Tories or Labour won an election. You describe UKIP and Farage as failures when the reality is what they achieved at the ballot box and forcing the Tories to put having a referendum in their manifesto is unprecedented in the UK for a party of their size.
    You've lost the plot of the conversation and backtracking, no surprise there, you can see the original post above which does not mention local or eu elections which are meaningless, I said "A party whose greatest success was to win 1 of a possible 650 seats," ...which can only ever mean a General Election. RetardoBoy strikes again!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 1 guests)

  1. mudcat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •