1. #8126
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    in Wessex
    Posts
    5,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    A small operation with a business model that involved charging premium fares for niche routes, with an average passenger load of 18 - less than half full.
    Nev, its why i stopped replying to his posts and most of the remainers on here, its a constant news trawl to justify their "look what Brexit is doing" rant. Foo is best viewed on ignore.

  2. #8127
    hangin' around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,785
    Quote Originally Posted by NamPikToot View Post
    its why i stopped replying to his posts
    Any chance of a list of those posters who still make the cut for a chicken in a bow tie?

  3. #8128
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Location
    Sumatra
    Posts
    3,279
    I think a bow tie would suit your personna perfectly Cyrille.

  4. #8129
    hangin' around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,785
    You'd better make weightier posts than that if you want to stay off numb prick's ignore list.


  5. #8130
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    in Wessex
    Posts
    5,338
    One thing i will say that Brexit is clearly doing, its re-writing the political landscape. It appears that Labour through their activist wing are looking to de-select upto 100 moderate MPs, likewise the Tories are similarly de-selecting a lesser number. Its a worrying trend to drive through single agenda politics, particularly in Labour and there is talk of a break away party.

  6. #8131
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    in Wessex
    Posts
    5,338
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    You'd better make weightier posts than that if you want to stay off numb prick's ignore list.
    Oh dear, its a Monday and he's got off to a bad one. I thought you were venting yesterday about me following you around the forum....poor Cy.

    Again...

  7. #8132
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:10 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    29,124
    This is an interesting video which highlights, from people that know the workings of the process thoroughly, the lack of democratic process and the dominance of non-elected and unacceptable bureaucrats (certainly on the EU side, but also on our side too).

    When we talk about a group of bureaucrat 'elites' following their own agenda, distant from either democratic processes or scrutiny, highlighted here are examples of that.

    How do I post these pictures???

  8. #8133
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Posts
    11,687
    Quote Originally Posted by NamPikToot View Post
    Oh dear, its a Monday and he's got off to a bad one. I thought you were venting yesterday about me following you around the forum....poor Cy.

    Again...
    That has always been simple Sybil MO follow people around day after day with his snide pointless tedious posts then when people make a post at him he starts screaming stalker like the whiney pathetic bitch she is. Almost starting to pity him and his empty full of regret life.

  9. #8134
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Posts
    11,081
    Quote Originally Posted by NamPikToot View Post
    One thing i will say that Brexit is clearly doing, its re-writing the political landscape. It appears that Labour through their activist wing are looking to de-select upto 100 moderate MPs, likewise the Tories are similarly de-selecting a lesser number. Its a worrying trend to drive through single agenda politics, particularly in Labour and there is talk of a break away party.
    good point, Brexit is a political and an economic shock

    it's going to reshape UK politics forever (not a bad thing, about time) and will of course put UK economics into a new perspective (polite way to say it's going to go through an Aggregate Supply Shift like a war or financial meltdown 1927 style)

  10. #8135
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    in Wessex
    Posts
    5,338
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    That has always been simple Sybil MO follow people around day after day with his snide pointless tedious posts then when people make a post at him he starts screaming stalker like the whiney pathetic bitch she is. Almost starting to pity him and his empty full of regret life.
    I think his tatty dictionary is missing the section on words starting with an I, oh and W.

  11. #8136
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Posts
    11,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    good point, Brexit is a political and an economic shock

    it's going to reshape UK politics forever (not a bad thing, about time) and will of course put UK economics into a new perspective (polite way to say it's going to go through an Aggregate Supply Shift like a war or financial meltdown 1927 style)
    4 Labour Mps rumoured to be resigning today. Also nice to see Sir Nigel of Farage has already got 100k people signed up to his new party and that is only a drop in the ocean as to what will join when the Tories fail to deliver Brexit.

  12. #8137
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    in Wessex
    Posts
    5,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    good point, Brexit is a political and an economic shock

    it's going to reshape UK politics forever (not a bad thing, about time) and will of course put UK economics into a new perspective (polite way to say it's going to go through an Aggregate Supply Shift like a war or financial meltdown 1927 style)
    Its not just the UK though.

    The perceived social inequality and lack of engagement by aloof governing institutions (the EU included) is driving the populist agenda and i can only see it gathering pace, the worry though is that political parties like Labour, who's shocking recent inability to identify and drive out racism and a lurch further to the left driven by momentum with their loony policies is a real worry.

    I think in the UK we'll see further re-alignment and possibly another SDP type party, I cannot see moderates leaving either Labour or Tories joining the Liberals unless the Liberals make deliberate moves to engage and bend their manifesto to encourage them in.

    This ain't about Brexit, though it has focused and underlying agenda.

  13. #8138
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Posts
    11,081
    Brexit is just another consequence, not a cause

    yes populist all over EU up, because there is a feeling that globalization is always benefiting the same elite

    it's a revolt against the elite, politically and economically

    We are having our own Brexit style of politics with the Gillets Jaunes, the movement can't be stopped and Macron and the whole political elite is looking more and more detached from reality and incapable of acting decisively

  14. #8139
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Posts
    11,081
    Trump, Brexit, Gillets Jaunes

    they are the same things, same consequences of a global economic disruption where the dividends are always pocketed by the same people

    it's a quiet revolution, but it's happening

  15. #8140
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:07 PM
    Posts
    5,205
    He starts on Brexit around the 8th. minute. Worth a watch.



  16. #8141
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    A small operation with a business model that involved charging premium fares for niche routes, with an average passenger load of 18 - less than half full.
    Yes, an aeroplane( flying with fuel paid for with a very weak pound exchanged into strong dollars/euros ) less than half full of British customer's paying with an extremely weak pound....and the company has no idea what the future holds even next month( never mind a 5 years plan ) so cannot implement any business plan for the future.

    All because of Brexit!


    ....I can only explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

  17. #8142
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by nampiktoot View Post
    nev, its why i stopped replying to his posts and most of the remainers on here, its a constant news trawl to justify their "look what brexit is doing" rant. Foo is best viewed on ignore.
    Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! .....makes me so horny!

  18. #8143
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    16,870
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar View Post
    Yes, an aeroplane( flying with fuel paid for with a very weak pound exchanged into strong dollars/euros ) less than half full of British customer's paying with an extremely weak pound....and the company has no idea what the future holds even next month( never mind a 5 years plan ) so cannot implement any business plan for the future.
    "The airline has faced several difficulties, including recent spikes in fuel and carbon costs, the latter arising from the EUís recent decision to exclude UK airlines from full participation in the Emissions Trading Scheme. These issues have undermined efforts to move the airline into profit."

    https://www.flybmi.com/en/explore/our-company/history

    signature

  19. #8144
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:10 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    29,124
    Always amusing to see how passionate "intelligent" protesters manage to/or not answer/debate a simple question:


  20. #8145
    Your local I.Q. Monitor
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:25 PM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    2,101
    She lost me on "you just assumed my gender". Another fooking idiot.

  21. #8146
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,272
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101 View Post
    He starts on Brexit around the 8th. minute. Worth a watch.
    A load of bollix. The guy's as funny as a dog turd on ones shoe. All this bollix about a hard border and resurgence of IRA violence is also bollix. The IRA are a defeated terrorist army never to re erect themselves. We wait and see.

  22. #8147
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Location
    Sumatra
    Posts
    3,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Brexit is a political and an economic shock
    It will be when the MS wake up and discover they’ve been royally shafted by their unelected concil and commission.

    Bwahahahhaha

  23. #8148
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Location
    Sumatra
    Posts
    3,279
    Quote Originally Posted by NamPikToot View Post
    Nev, its why i stopped replying to his posts and most of the remainers on here, its a constant news trawl to justify their "look what Brexit is doing" rant. Foo is best viewed on ignore.
    Have to agree with NPT. FUBAR is just another nasty, dumb attention seeking troll, who can’t even understand his own posts.
    Dont put him on ignore. Scrolling past gibberish only takes seconds and gives you the opportunity to be amused repeatedly.

  24. #8149
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Honda preparing to axe 3,500 jobs by closing Swindon plant, says report


    Car manufacturer becomes latest to cut jobs or shift production elsewhere amid Brexit uncertainty




  25. #8150
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:17 PM
    Posts
    12,676
    One of the more satisfying facets of being a Remainer, apart from the obvious reminder that as such one is confirmed to be an infinitely more intelligent being than any dull brained Brexit moron denoted by a stupidity more colossal than fucking Gibraltar, is the simple state of being wherein one is inevitably always right.
    As you all know I posted well over 18 months ago that the various foreign car manufacturing companies in the UK, notably BMW, Ford and Nissan were actively preparing to quit the UK as the prospect of a hard Brexit loomed ever larger but this was dismissed as mere scare tactics and another attempt to engender fear undermining the morale of Brexit morons too stupid to know their arsehole from a fucking sucking wound of their imbecility particularly well represented by the ageing and increasingly demented Taxexile.

    Well, here we go again. Hot on the heels of the news that Ford and BMW are quitting the UK, in addition to the closing down of Jaguar production, is the news that Honda are going to fuck off Swindon and quit with the loss of thousands of jobs.

    Dumbest fucks in the universe, eh?

    You simply couldn't write it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 4 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •