1. #7626
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:36 PM
    Posts
    11,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    The government handling of Brexit has a public disapproval of 80% according to latest polls.

    Only 30 Parliament days to go to Brexit day.

    Dumb is as dumb does.
    I'm surprised 20% of people think Doris has handled it well. Or was it a survey of just 5 people and her husband was one of those asked?

  2. #7627
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    14-07-2019 @ 09:09 PM
    Posts
    11,334
    I think in such polls, 20% is the absolute bottom statistically for approval rating

    in reality it's more like 2%,

    we had the same problem with Hollande, he was stuck at 15% in approval rating, and eventually the polling agencies conceded it was an artificial low as the real number was more like 1.5%

    something to do as not "disrupting" the statistical curves in a time series

  3. #7628
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:05 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    29,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I think
    Most on here at TD would challenge that assertion...



    At least May is bringing the British troops back from Flanders; the vital channel port is open despite all the Brexit fear mongering - some good Brexit news...

  4. #7629
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    14-07-2019 @ 09:09 PM
    Posts
    11,334
    I can't wait to see your face betty, when you are stuck at Calais with the filthy immigrants, on your trip back from France

  5. #7630
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    ^Betty is himself a filthy immigrant, having long since abandoned the UK for foreign shores and a foreign wife.

    Another plastic nationalist.

  6. #7631
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    The UK will be more affected by the global recession when it exit the EU

    doesn't matter, Brexit is not about economics, it's about independence and being in charge of your economic future, no matter how fucked up and incompetent your politicians are
    How can Brexit be both a) "not about economics," and also be about b) "independence and being in charge of your economic future"?

    Quite simply, whoever controls your currency and economic policy controls you.

    Now I believe some Belgian pillow talk is in order.

  7. #7632
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,463
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Your get more retarded by the day. You can't even remember what you posted a few hours ago, your post 7614 is a forecast for 2019 and 2020. Are you sure your previous nic wasn't Fluke as you're thick as shit like him.
    He has form for shifting and stretching stuff to reach convenient conclusions; if you don't like garlic you must be a vampire because they also don't like garlic.

  8. #7633
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    The government handling of Brexit has a public disapproval of 80% according to latest polls.

    Only 30 Parliament days to go to Brexit day.

    Dumb is as dumb does.
    I'm surprised disapproval is that low. It was not Brexit per se that triggered the farce, but the absurdity of devoted Remainers supervising it.

    Anyway Societe Generale gives at $1.50 and $1.20 on deal and no deal.

  9. #7634
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Your get more retarded by the day..... a forecast for 2019 and 2020.

    Your eyes must be painted on BuffaloBoy

    Here is the exact same graph/table again with the 2018 growth data that shows Brexit has caused the UK to have the worst economic growth of all EU countries except Italy. 2018 is in the past, it's not a forecast, although the forecast is equally gloomy and for good reason as it's based on previous data:



    @BuffaloBoy, with your limited grasp of basic grammar you probably didn't spot the text below was in the past tense as it refers to UK growth in 2018?

    That does not pull the UK much off the bottom of the G7 league table for annual growth; the UK sat just above Italy in the second quarter. Financial Times research has shown that by the end of the first quarter, the UK economy was between 1 and 1.5 per cent smaller than it would have been without the Brexit vote, although some independent estimates, such as a recent report from the Centre for European Reform, suggest the hit could have been as large as 2.5 per cent.


    Table of 2018 UK growth data...

    ----------


    Not a forecast...

  10. #7635
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,463
    Warming up, with the EC declaring that in the event of a no deal Dublin would have to install a hard border. Looks like the Brit farce is contagious, since every organ of the vile beast is on record confirming that there cannot be and will not be a hard border. But nothing anyone says matters any more, because Frau has put her hoof down to insist the single market must not be compromised, even to maintain peace on the island.

    Oh yes and as ever it comes with a threat, that if Ireland fails to police its own borders the EU would have no choice but to take action to protect the single market with its own hard border and, surprise surprise, punitive action against Ireland for defying the rulez.

    Otherwise, according to the Belgian, no not our one the MEP Lamberts, the Brits would have an open door into the SM, and zis must not be allowed!

    Gets better, Javid says the tech is available and can be implemented to keep the border frictionless, but Ireland won't (or has been told not to) engage with London on the matter.

    All part of the game to whip up fear and hysteria, since the EU relish a no deal just as much as HMgov, which is why it will not happen and 'clarifications', er, concessions will be drip fed until Frau deems it is enough to slip through Parliament.

  11. #7636
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:05 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    29,301
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar View Post
    ^Betty is himself a filthy immigrant, having long since abandoned the UK for foreign shores and a foreign wife.

    Another plastic nationalist.
    I like to consider myself an economic tourist...

    Anyways, much better cheering on Brexit from afar just incase it all goes tits up (which I'm sure it won't)... What is truly pathetic though is the weakness, the weak-mindedness of folks who allow the EU/globalist scaremongering to become their dogmatic cliches.
    How do I post these pictures???

  12. #7637
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:05 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    29,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I can't wait to see your face betty, when you are stuck at Calais with the filthy immigrants, on your trip back from France
    Why the fuk would I wanna go to France???






  13. #7638
    I am in Jail
    stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    out of range
    Posts
    23,080
    Quote Originally Posted by jabir View Post
    Warming up, with the EC declaring that in the event of a no deal Dublin would have to install a hard border. Looks like the Brit farce is contagious, since every organ of the vile beast is on record confirming that there cannot be and will not be a hard border. But nothing anyone says matters any more, because Frau has put her hoof down to insist the single market must not be compromised, even to maintain peace on the island.

    Oh yes and as ever it comes with a threat, that if Ireland fails to police its own borders the EU would have no choice but to take action to protect the single market with its own hard border and, surprise surprise, punitive action against Ireland for defying the rulez.

    Otherwise, according to the Belgian, no not our one the MEP Lamberts, the Brits would have an open door into the SM, and zis must not be allowed!
    Do you think it's unreasonable for the EU to implement & protect its borders?

    You'd be the first one to accuse it of bending over backwards because of the looney PC liberals, if it didn't.

  14. #7639
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    Why the fuk would I wanna go to France???


    That's the queue to stowaway on a UK bound lorry.

    They must be so happy to hear Maybot's announcement that no additional border checks will be made following Brexit.

    ...what was the main reason for people voting leave?

  15. #7640
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:36 PM
    Posts
    11,840
    Would be nice if the EU had bothered to protect its borders, but seems they were fine with hundreds of thousands crossing the Med and streaming into Italy and Greece. If only they had the same attitude as they do towards the UK and people still wonder why we are leaving.

  16. #7641
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    17,050
    51 days to go.

  17. #7642
    I am in Jail
    stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    out of range
    Posts
    23,080
    ^^ refugees are different from taxable goods

  18. #7643
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:05 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    29,301
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar View Post
    That's the queue to stowaway on a UK bound lorry.
    Nope, that's a Paris slum.

  19. #7644
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    Nope, that's a Paris slum.

    The 19-mile belt of Petite Ceinture has been derelict for several decades and its possible redevelopment has long sparked debate among environmentalists and entrepreneurs. Then, shortly after the migrant crisis hit Europe, the squatter’s camp took root.

  20. #7645
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Would be nice if the EU had bothered to protect its borders, but seems they were fine with hundreds of thousands crossing the Med and streaming into Italy and Greece. If only they had the same attitude as they do towards the UK and people still wonder why we are leaving.
    How will the UK leaving the EU stop people from stowing away on lorries or crossing the channel on dingies?

  21. #7646
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,463
    Quote Originally Posted by stroller View Post
    Do you think it's unreasonable for the EU to implement & protect its borders?

    You'd be the first one to accuse it of bending over backwards because of the looney PC liberals, if it didn't.
    Try thinking it through; the EU have said it is not feasible to have a hard border and quote, "under no circumstances would we impose a hard border...," and their study went further to say it is not possible to have a hard border, Ireland and the UK concur, while EU rules insist on a hard border between EU and non-EU.

    Without bitching about who would be first to accuse the EU of anything, what do you think is 'reasonable'?

  22. #7647
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,463
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar View Post
    That's the queue to stowaway on a UK bound lorry.

    They must be so happy to hear Maybot's announcement that no additional border checks will be made following Brexit.

    ...what was the main reason for people voting leave?
    The height of nuttiness if you ask me, imagine risking your life to escape from a stable and prosperous Europe to reach a sinking ship. Someone should wise them up, I nominate the Belgian.

  23. #7648
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:36 PM
    Posts
    11,840
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar View Post
    How will the UK leaving the EU stop people from stowing away on lorries or crossing the channel on dingies?
    Didn't know it would, maybe you can explain how.

  24. #7649
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    How will the UK leaving the EU stop people from stowing away on lorries or crossing the channel on dingies?
    Didn't know it would, maybe you can explain how.
    Didn't you bother to ask Nigel for clarification before voting leave?


    Last edited by foobar; 06-02-2019 at 07:20 PM.

  25. #7650
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:05 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    29,301
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar View Post
    The 19-mile belt of Petite Ceinture has been derelict for several decades and its possible redevelopment has long sparked debate among environmentalists and entrepreneurs. Then, shortly after the migrant crisis hit Europe, the squatter’s camp took root.
    A Paris slum...

    A: https://www.grammarly.com/blog/articles/

    Paris: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris

    slum: https://www.habitatforhumanity.org.u...hat-is-a-slum/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •