1. #5676
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Posts
    16,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    It does not alter the FACT that he is wrong does it wanker?
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    You have form for that, wanker.
    A tendency towards predictability do you mean?

    Oh dear.

  2. #5677
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Posts
    16,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Kindly refrain from posting totally inaccurate shite.
    THE EU HAS NO CREDIBILITY BECAUSE IT SIGNED OFF ITS OWN ACCOUNTS.
    I have posted that in capitals to negate any chance that your excuse for a brain might miss the absolute truth of it.
    YOU ARE STUPID AND THE EU IS CORRUPT. GOT IT DUMMY?
    All I have confirmed , is that you are a simpleton, and Cyrille has no answers. Bye bye fuckwit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #5678
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    in Wessex
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Is your quibble that you prefer your useless parasites to hang out in the House of Lords or...Lord's?

    Parasites...but OUR parasites.
    Cy my quibble is they are all the same, unelected, perceive themselves above the people and treat ordinary folk with disdain. I would remove the Lords at a stroke of the pen.

  4. #5679
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Posts
    16,132
    But the Lords can be removed at a stroke of the pen with virtually no impact on real people.

    Right now we're facing nothing short of a national disaster.

    As for treating ordinary folk with disdain...well, you seem to be doing OK with the 'disdain' thing yourself, and little evidence of any empathy with 'ordinary folk'.

    If I might make so bold, like...

  5. #5680
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    in Wessex
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    But the Lords can be removed at a stroke of the pen with virtually no impact on real people.

    Right now we're facing nothing short of a national disaster.

    As for treating ordinary folk with disdain...well, you seem to be doing OK with the 'disdain' thing yourself, and little evidence of any empathy with 'ordinary folk'.

    If I might make so bold, like...
    Your point is?

  6. #5681
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    in Wessex
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Right now we're facing nothing short of a national disaster.
    How are you "we", you don't reside in the UK, like all the other angst ridden remainers on this thread.

  7. #5682
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Location
    Sumatra
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Thanks for proving me right again. No answers again.
    Break the habit of a lifetime and stun everyone with your incredible intellect Cyrille.


    Did I post something inaccurate or incorrect in any way? Please point out the flaws in my factual statement. Foolbar needs all the help he can get from a mammoth IQ like yours.

    Surely that would be better than mimicking his taste in meaningless gifs?

  8. #5683
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    7,473
    What point are trying to make? After being shown that the EU has been audited every year since 2007, are you now saying that the European Court of Auditors isn't independent enough for you?

    Ok suppose you're allowed to moan and whinge about every little detail of the EU, being a Brexiteer...

    Moan, moan, fooking whinge, but no decent alternative to being part of the trading block, that doesn't include being part of it.

    Managed no-deal, mitigated no-deal, both rely on the helping hand of the EU. Time to stop whining and start looking at what's good about the EU and how it can be made better. Plenty of time to allow reality to sink in.

  9. #5684
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Location
    Sumatra
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    What point are trying to make? After being shown that the EU has been audited every year since 2007, are you now saying that the European Court of Auditors isn't independent enough for you?

    Ok suppose you're allowed to moan and whinge about every little detail of the EU, being a Brexiteer...

    Moan, moan, fooking whinge, but no decent alternative to being part of the trading block, that doesn't include being part of it.

    Managed no-deal, mitigated no-deal, both rely on the helping hand of the EU. Time to stop whining and start looking at what's good about the EU and how it can be made better. Plenty of time to allow reality to sink in.
    It is an internationally accepted practice to have external auditors give credence to company accounting procedures. Given the volume of funding moved about between members and the EU, it really should be a credible external auditor who reviews the accounts. That is logical and common sense, rather than rely on in house audit teams who are paid for that service by the EU, and presumably APPOINTED by the EU also.
    What is it they are afraid of? It is clearly open to abuse on a massive scale. You call it whining, I call it prudent good practice. It is yet another example of the EU doing things their own way, when consistency and logic point in the opposite direction.

    I have given the obvious options. Of course two of those options require the EU to stop choking UK as punishment and for both sides to agree sensible compromises. That depends largely on the EU growing up and facing reality. It’s either that, or the third option that no one wants.

    What do you recommend Troy?

  10. #5685
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Kindly refrain from posting totally inaccurate shite.
    THE EU HAS NO CREDIBILITY BECAUSE IT SIGNED OFF ITS OWN ACCOUNTS.
    I have posted that in capitals to negate any chance that your excuse for a brain might miss the absolute truth of it.
    YOU ARE STUPID AND THE EU IS CORRUPT. GOT IT DUMMY?
    All I have confirmed , is that you are a simpleton, and Cyrille has no answers. Bye bye fuckwit.
    Oh dear, someone has a full nappy today...

    The UK is leaving the EU because in your eyes they sign off their own accounts?

    European Court of Auditors

    Despite its name, the Court has no judicial functions. It is rather a professional external investigatory audit agency. The primary role of the court is to externally check if the budget of the European Union has been implemented correctly, in that EU funds have been spent legally and with sound management. In doing so, the court checks the paperwork of all persons handling any income or expenditure of the Union and carries out spot checks. The court is bound to report any problems in the Court's reports for the attention of other states and institutions, these reports include its general annual report as well as specific and special reports on certain bodies and issues.


    Which is almost identical to how the UK government is currently audited:

    The National Audit Office is an independent Parliamentary body in the United Kingdom which is responsible for auditing central government departments, government agencies and non-departmental public bodies.

    Yes, that is right even the UK government is not audited by an entirely 3rd party, independent auditor. The National Audit Office is still part of the parliamentary machinery.

    Even if the EU was audited entirely by external/private auditors, you would then be complaining they were an unelected body....
    Last edited by foobar; 05-01-2019 at 03:08 PM.

  11. #5686
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    7,473
    ^ ... and the Americans have their Government Accountability Office, but hey, the EU has to be double squeaky clean for the Brexiteers.

    Let's face it Switch, you're trying to pick holes to justify brexit and failing miserably.

    As for the third option that you believe nobody wants, what about the fourth, staying in that we know 48% wanted 2 years ago. It's not over 'til it's over and a second referendum seems more justifiable each day.

  12. #5687
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Posts
    11,398
    debating with loons like Chass 1.0 about Brexit is really pointless, above all when their diapers are full

    let's bring it on, and let's enjoy the show, watching the UK collapse after Brexit is going to be the best show on the planet for everyone to see

    Next stop, the Chinese superdebt implosion

  13. #5688
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Posts
    11,398
    Maybot has been a bit silent over the last few weeks, I find this highly suspicious, she is onto something, the deviant little witch

  14. #5689
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Posts
    11,874
    Doris is still trying to beg Frau Merkel and the granny grabber for some more concessions to take back to her party to try to get her deal through, Merkel and the granny grabber most likely told her to fuck off hence she's been quiet.

  15. #5690
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Location
    Sumatra
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    ^ ... and the Americans have their Government Accountability Office, but hey, the EU has to be double squeaky clean for the Brexiteers.

    Let's face it Switch, you're trying to pick holes to justify brexit and failing miserably.

    As for the third option that you believe nobody wants, what about the fourth, staying in that we know 48% wanted 2 years ago. It's not over 'til it's over and a second referendum seems more justifiable each day.
    The fact that UK has a national audit office does not negate the fact that the EU is auditing it’s own accounts.
    We already had a similar discussion about the legislature. Just because the EU systems exist, does not exonerate them from corruption.
    Nothing to do with justifying Brexit. There’s a ton of material available for that. This simply points to a yet another discrepancy in the systems management side of the EU. Of course it is important and a matterfor concern, particularly for members who are net contributors to that budget. If you are not concerned about all this potential for corrupt practice, it’s no surprise you are a blinkered remainers. The quote from Foolbar is the EUs own statement of requirement for the internal auditors. It proves exactly nothing.

    No likeleyhood of a second referendum and suggesting that it might be a fourth option is just avoiding answers to the question I asked. Not clever for you Troy. You’re better than that.
    You’ve been conditioned by reading posts from idiots like seeking ass, Foolbar and buttfly. Time to up your debating game.

  16. #5691
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Posts
    11,874
    For another referendum to happen Doris would first have to resign and she's already shown she will cling to power at any cost so that ain't gonna happen. Best you remoaners can hope for is an extension of article 50 which I personally think is highly unlikely or Doris deal. The irony is eventually you remoaners will all be backing Doris deal when the only alternative is a clean Brexit. Doris deal or clean Brexit, what's it gonna be?

  17. #5692
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    The fact that UK has a national audit office does not negate the fact that the EU is auditing it’s own accounts.
    The UK audits its own accounts and the EU audits their own accounts, which doesn't negate the fact the EU audits their own accounts( tbh it's slightly strange that you think this is the point being made) ...however it does negate the fake point you are trying to make that somehow the EU is doing something underhand and different to other countries.

    Let me put it to you in very simple terms, if the UK can audit their own finances then why can't the EU?

  18. #5693
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    7,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    The fact that UK has a national audit office does not negate the fact that the EU is auditing it’s own accounts.
    We already had a similar discussion about the legislature. Just because the EU systems exist, does not exonerate them from corruption.
    Nothing to do with justifying Brexit. There’s a ton of material available for that. This simply points to a yet another discrepancy in the systems management side of the EU.
    Except that the EU Court of Auditors is independent and is using the same international guidelines as every other first world nation. It is accountable to each of the EU nation's Supreme Audit Institutes and the International Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions. Pretty much above board with one member from each state appointed along with around 800 civil servants doing the auditing. You are being quite absurd if you think these members need to be elected as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    No likeleyhood of a second referendum and suggesting that it might be a fourth option is just avoiding answers to the question I asked.
    There is no majority for any solution in the House of Commons at the moment. Under such conditions there is a possibility for a second referendum so it would be foolish to rule it out.

    The only managed solution on record is the May Agreement. The idea that managed-no-deal or mitigated-no-deal are anything more than hare-brained phrases to make hard brexit appear more palatable is foolhardy. This means that your 3 solutions are just the same one wrapped in different clothes, so I have no intention of discussing the merits of each.

    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    You’ve been conditioned by reading posts from idiots like seeking ass, Foolbar and buttfly.
    Have I indeed. I hadn't noticed, but thanks for the heads up.

    Meanwhile, I hope the debate on the Meaningful vote will continue next Wednesday and PM May doesn't bottle it again.

  19. #5694
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    See .........this is what happens when you're spoonfed your opinions by The Daily Express.

    You end up having your arse handed to you and humiliated in an open debate where verifiable facts actually matter and will always trump empty slogans and outright lies.

  20. #5695
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Posts
    11,874
    Talking about outright lies when people mentioned an EU army.............. amazing how the narrative had changed there from people are just using scare tactics, we will never allow it, talk of it is just more Brexiteer bullshit and a dangerous fantasy to scare people to now actually we think a EU army is a good idea and needed.

    Why can't you Europhiles just be honest and say what you want as in a superstate, one government for the whole EU controlling everything then a proper debate can be had but when all EU supporters do is lie about the true intentions of the project to deceive voters in an attempt to keep them onside this becomes impossible.

  21. #5696
    I am in Jail
    stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    out of range
    Posts
    23,080
    ^^
    Don't let facts get in the way of a good Brexit 'debate'.

  22. #5697
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Posts
    11,874
    I notice the saviour of the EU the French granny grabber doesn't want to give up France permanent seat on the security council in exchange for a EU seat. Can't trust those French.

  23. #5698
    I am in Jail
    stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    out of range
    Posts
    23,080
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Why can't you Europhiles just be honest and say what you want as in a superstate, one government for the whole EU controlling everything then a proper debate can be had but when all EU supporters do is lie about the true intentions of the project to deceive voters in an attempt to keep them onside this becomes impossible.
    Yes, it's Stalinists banning bent bananas in the EU!

  24. #5699
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Posts
    11,874
    Quote Originally Posted by stroller View Post
    Yes, it's Stalinists banning bent bananas in the EU!
    Commission Regulation (EC) No. 2257/94 - Wikipedia
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comm...C)_No._2257/94

  25. #5700
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    7,473
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Talking about outright lies when people mentioned an EU army.............. amazing how the narrative had changed there from people are just using scare tactics, we will never allow it, talk of it is just more Brexiteer bullshit and a dangerous fantasy to scare people to now actually we think a EU army is a good idea and needed.
    The UK had the chance to opt out of the Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP) but didn't. Denmark did before someone tries to say that it wasn't possible to opt out. Currently the CSDP is implemented using forces from individual nation states. Switch has already pointed out the logistic and command and control problems of implementing such forces on an ad-hoc basis. Hence the logical extension to form a full time army with contributions from individual members that can be trained together, on a rotational basis. Obviously national tactics are such that certain elements would have to be left out, which would make for a less than 100% efficient force. Such national tactics are not for open discussion.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 6 guests)

  1. Takeovers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •