Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:42 PM
    Posts
    4,745

    Trump is deporting our parents

    I guess Trump immigration policies are working after all

    The four Duarte children were getting ready for school when their parents were arrested and taken into custody by US Border Control.

    The eldest, 19-year-old Francisco Junior, was left in charge of his 12-year-old twin sisters and teenage brother.

    The children - American citizens - never thought it would come to this.

    'Trump is deporting our parents' - BBC News

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,084
    As its a BBC report they are not going to tell you that this is what Britain needs to do, deport whole families of undesirables if they have participated in violent criminal activity.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,237
    They gambled and lost. Had 4 anchor babies too.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:25 PM
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    They gambled and lost. Had 4 anchor babies too.
    I was reading about the Anchor Babies.

    Who a child born on USA soil is granted USA Citizenship*, how it's entrenched in one of your Constitutional Amendments,
    how it's been tested in the Law Courts etc.

    Fuck that shite.

    No idea how it works in the UK though.

    In Australia, if you have Illegal Foreign Parents (or ones on the wrong visa e.g. overstaying a Tourist Visa) and born here,
    we don't give you automatic Citizenship, just a big Hospital Bill.

    ---

    * "Anchor baby" is a pejorative[1][2] term for a child born in the U.S. to a foreign national mother who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence.[3]

    The term is generally used as a derogatory reference to the supposed role of the child, who automatically qualifies as an American citizen under jus soli and the rights guaranteed in the 14th Amendment and can thus act as a sponsor for other family members upon reaching the age of majority.[4][5][6]

    The term is also often used in the context of the debate over illegal immigration to the United States to refer to children of illegal immigrants, but may be used for the child of any immigrant.[7]

    A similar term, "passport baby", has been used in Canada for children born through so-called "maternity" or "birth tourism".[8][9]
    Wiki
    Perspective is everything ... it's the difference between going through an ordeal or going through an adventure..

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    Iceman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:25 PM
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    3,438
    Quote Originally Posted by David48atTD
    In Australia, if you have Illegal Foreign Parents (or ones on the wrong visa e.g. overstaying a Tourist Visa) and born here,
    we don't give you automatic Citizenship, just a big Hospital Bill.
    You only need one parent with Australian citizenship or permanent residence to be granted Australian Citizenship.
    The other parent if on a tourist visa for example, will in virtually all cases, be allowed to remain in Oz (particularly if female) as it is not policy to split mother and child.

    Many cases of residents bringing over pregnant G/F to get around the visa process.

    If parents have insufficient funds or not working - state will provide all necessities - free health care plus plus plus.........

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    21,759
    Quote Originally Posted by David48atTD
    Who a child born on USA soil is granted USA Citizenship*, how it's entrenched in one of your Constitutional Amendments,
    how it's been tested in the Law Courts etc.

    Fuck that shite.
    Amercuns get real touchy 'bout changing the Constitution. Might slip up and change #2 !

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,237
    Quote Originally Posted by misskit
    Amercuns get real touchy 'bout changing the Constitution. Might slip up and change #2 !
    Who said anything about changing the constitution?

    The Amendment is good, illegal immigrants taking the piss out of it then wailing about how hard done they are is the fucked part. Then fucktard media & virtue-signalers use the children as props for their agenda.

    The Illegal Immigrant parents in the OP sold ice cream to make a living too.

    Do we want to speculate on income tax they've paid & healthcare costs too? Cause thats 4 births and 6 lives to account for.

    And there are millions and millions and millions of cases like this, or similar.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    Cold Pizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Alliance HQ
    Posts
    4,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I guess Trump immigration policies are working after all

    The four Duarte children were getting ready for school when their parents were arrested and taken into custody by US Border Control.

    The eldest, 19-year-old Francisco Junior, was left in charge of his 12-year-old twin sisters and teenage brother.

    The children - American citizens - never thought it would come to this.

    'Trump is deporting our parents' - BBC News
    It's not about Trump.

    Deportations happen constantly in the US.

    Under the Obama administration there were more deportations than any other President, hence Obama's nickname was 'the Deportation President.'

    There is a reason why people are deported.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Cold Pizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Alliance HQ
    Posts
    4,553
    Quote Originally Posted by misskit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David48atTD
    Who a child born on USA soil is granted USA Citizenship*, how it's entrenched in one of your Constitutional Amendments,
    how it's been tested in the Law Courts etc.

    Fuck that shite.
    Amercuns get real touchy 'bout changing the Constitution. Might slip up and change #2 !
    misskit,

    You do not understand the US Constitution (no surprise).

    A change has to be ratified by a large number of states and then go though Congress.

    You could have learn from google, but no.

    As for being "touch" about changes and the 2nd, you again, do not know what you're talking about.

    Constitutional Amendments are reinforced by a thing called Precedents, and in this case precedents go back to the founding of the country.

    It's not about a "change" but about where federal and state law contradict an Amendment and the previous precedents.

    You're sharp as a marble, misskit.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    toddaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    13-09-2017 @ 08:43 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,776
    If they're illegals (I don't care for how long), they need to go.

    There are avenues to enter the US legally, they chose NOT to use them.

    Sucks to be them but that's how it works.

    America is for Americans not illegals.

    Deal with it.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Pizza
    You're sharp as a marble, misskit.
    You blathering idiot you took her comments out of context and you are the last person to question anyone's intelligence.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    21,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Pizza
    You're sharp as a marble, misskit.
    Yeah. Right. Thanks, CP.

  13. #13
    I am not in Jail AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    26,662
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi
    As its a BBC report they are not going to tell you that this is what Britain needs to do, deport whole families of undesirables if they have participated in violent criminal activity.
    Two things about that:

    1. Just because a news organisation doesn't report things how you'd like them to in order to match your subjective opinions that doesn't make them biased; and Q.E.D.

    2. What are you talking about, the parents of this family have no criminal record and weren't charged with any 'violent criminal activity'.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,237
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson
    the parents of this family have no criminal record

    That hardly means anything in the context of the parents being illegal immigrants.

    Their 20 year existence in the US would be full of criminal activity due to the amount of document falsifying & lying they've been doing.

  15. #15
    I am not in Jail AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    26,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    That hardly means anything in the context of the parents being illegal immigrants
    It does to Wasabi.

    Somehow he has managed to make the altogether fatuous comparison to whole families in the UK committing violent crimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    criminal activity due to the amount of document falsifying & lying they've been doing
    *Gasp!*

    How horrendous. That must be stopped immediately. Meanwhile, how many people have been murdered in the U.S. today...

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,237
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson
    How horrendous. That must be stopped immediately. Meanwhile, how many people have been murdered in the U.S. today...
    Look at this shiny thing etc...

  17. #17
    I am not in Jail AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    26,662
    Yes. Sorry for bringing up criminal activity when you and Wasabi mentioned criminal activity.

    Please, elucidate to me what narrow confines you require discussion to arbitrarily be limited to.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,237
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson
    Yes. Sorry for bringing up criminal activity when you mentioned criminal activity.
    Deflection.

  19. #19
    I am not in Jail AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    26,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    Deflection
    That word, it doesn't mean what you think it means.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,237
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson
    That word, it doesn't mean what you think it means.
    Ad hominem.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat Humbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:59 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,598
    I'm sure these dangerous people were high on the priority list for deportation being that they were working, paying taxes and raising a family. But of course being brown and taking food out of the mouths of unemployed Americans are intolerable crimes.

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbert
    they were working, paying taxes
    They were self employed ice cream sellers with carts & stuff in latino hoods.

  23. #23
    I am not in Jail AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    26,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson
    That word, it doesn't mean what you think it means.
    Ad hominem.
    Oh look, Slick's run out of any valid points again but still has to say, well, something.

    Memes next.

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat Humbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:59 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    They were self employed ice cream sellers with carts & stuff in latino hoods.
    Reason enough for deportation. Imagine the crime of selling ice cream to latinos?America First!

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbert
    But of course being brown and taking food out of the mouths of unemployed Americans are intolerable crimes
    I think you know thats not why they are being deported.

    Dont worry, youve likely got yourself 4 fresh lifetime Democrat voters out of the deal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •