Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 126
  1. #26
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    7,823
    Quote Originally Posted by birding
    not a eviable job he has inherited.
    [at] [at]
    Who did Obama inherit it from?

  2. #27
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by birding
    not a eviable job he has inherited.
    [at] [at]
    Who did Obama inherit it from?
    ....and so on and so forth.

    The successive cycles continue, as they're all to blame.
    Not one saint amongst the lot.



    The masses will never figure this out.
    Sad.

  3. #28
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by birding
    not a eviable job he has inherited.
    [at] [at]
    Who did Obama inherit it from?
    Obama inherited a relatively stable Iraq, from GWB.

    Obama bungled it, made it worse, gave birth to ISIS, then escalated the bombing.
    That's sadly Obama's true legacy. America's first warmongering Mulatto president.

  4. #29
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    The bottom line.
    There can't be enough American [and beloved allies] military deaths to satisfy the war mongering state and blind patriotic/militaristic mindset of the American populous.

    Blowback will be 20 fold.

  5. #30
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    7,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl
    Obama inherited a relatively stable Iraq, from GWB.
    LOL...

  6. #31
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:26 PM
    Posts
    56,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by birding
    not a eviable job he has inherited.
    [at] [at]
    Who did Obama inherit it from?
    Obama inherited a relatively stable Iraq, from GWB.

    Obama bungled it, made it worse, gave birth to ISIS, then escalated the bombing.
    That's sadly Obama's true legacy. America's first warmongering Mulatto president.
    You fucking moron.

    ISI was formed in 2006.

  7. #32
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Online
    02-09-2018 @ 07:55 PM
    Posts
    2,643
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by birding
    not a eviable job he has inherited.
    [at] [at]
    Who did Obama inherit it from?
    Try and think back to who were the presidents before Trump, if this is beyond you then ask Google they will remember.

  8. #33
    Head Skivvie Stacker Storekeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    PACNORWEST
    Posts
    10,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Storekeeper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Pizza
    It's common and especially with the differences between BO and T on their basic policy differences. I wouldn't want more than a few of the previous admin's folks in my govt. Moles, leakers, etc.
    No, it's not common with military personnel. If you look at the following link, specifically for the JCS, you'll see they typically served a 4 year tour and often under two Presidents.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chairm...hiefs_of_Staff

    I sure as hell hope General Dunford does his entire 4 year tour which is supposed to end in 2019.
    Additional info ... Most serve 4 years but in fact it's a 2 year tour. I'd imagine this guy will be retiring sometime this year.

  9. #34
    Fresh Seaman CaptainNemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    18-02-2018 @ 04:17 AM
    Location
    in t' naughty lass
    Posts
    5,408
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainNemo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    Fair question. I wonder if Trump will have as heavy a finger on the drone.
    IIRC more than 2/3 of military deaths in Afghanistan occured from 2009, when Obama increased the contingent.
    Is this going to be like cricket, where Obama was 1,836 declared, and Trump just has to stay under that figure within the over limit to win?
    Yes there were casualties under Obama when he tried to fight his way out of Bush's mess.

    Wow... that's balls deep revisionism... ...and which president's mess was Obama fighting his way out of when he abandoned Libya, Syria, and Yazidis? I mean, that's quite a corpse score he racked up in the Med too...

    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Only the Fox and Breitbart retards bang on about how the US should send troops to defeat IS.
    How else are you going to defeat them? Tweet them into submission?!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1F2i0rYMj8

    we are all figments of our own imagination.

  10. #35
    Fresh Seaman CaptainNemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    18-02-2018 @ 04:17 AM
    Location
    in t' naughty lass
    Posts
    5,408
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by birding
    not a eviable job he has inherited.
    [at] [at]
    Who did Obama inherit it from?
    Obama inherited a relatively stable Iraq, from GWB.

    Obama bungled it, made it worse, gave birth to ISIS, then escalated the bombing.
    That's sadly Obama's true legacy. America's first warmongering Mulatto president.
    You fucking moron.

    ISI was formed in 2006.
    ISIL wasn't; neither was Islamic State; and Zarqawi's whole show goes back to 99 when he met with bin Laden - during Bill Clinton's tenure...

    "moron" is apt word for Obama too.

  11. #36
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:26 PM
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl
    Obama bungled it, made it worse, gave birth to ISIS
    Boy it takes a special kind of stupid..

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainNemo
    ISIL wasn't; neither was Islamic State; and Zarqawi's whole show goes back to 99 when he met with bin Laden - during Bill Clinton's tenure.
    If you want to follow that idiotic line of logic it sure as fuck does not stop in '99. It would stop in '89 when he went to Afghanistan to join the mujahideen, guess who was president then? That's right Reagan. So once again following your idiotic line of logic that would make Reagan responsible for creating IS.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainNemo
    "moron" is apt word for Obama too.
    Go look in the mirror.

  12. #37
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    16,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbert View Post
    What country will we be goose stepping into first under Trump? Any bets?
    The United States, obviously. Started already. Right now I doubt he's interested in goose-stepping into any other country, he needs to consolidate his takeover in the US first.

  13. #38
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    16,572
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl
    Obama bungled it, made it worse, gave birth to ISIS
    Boy it takes a special kind of stupid..

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainNemo
    ISIL wasn't; neither was Islamic State; and Zarqawi's whole show goes back to 99 when he met with bin Laden - during Bill Clinton's tenure.
    If you want to follow that idiotic line of logic it sure as fuck does not stop in '99. It would stop in '89 when he went to Afghanistan to join the mujahideen, guess who was president then? That's right Reagan. So once again following your idiotic line of logic that would make Reagan responsible for creating IS.
    And all of them were inspired by Sayid Quytb who was radicalized by such depraved sights as women showing their ankles during his stay in the US between 1948 and 1950. So really it's all Harry Truman's fault. The bastard!
    The Above Post May Contain Strong Language, Flashing Lights, or Violent Scenes.

  14. #39
    Thailand Expat
    Humbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:05 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    12,132
    CaptainNemo is a George W Bush supporter. Next he'll be arguing telling us Saddam's weapons of mass destruction existed.

  15. #40
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbert View Post
    Next he'll be arguing telling us Saddam's weapons of mass destruction existed.
    Well they did exist at one point, the USA sold them to him.


    Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran | Foreign Policy

  16. #41
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:26 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    16,576
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    he needs to consolidate his takeover in the US first.
    There were many rumbles when the King of Thailand died and it appeared that his heir was "taking his time". That situation has now been addressed and it seems the Thais are replacing the previous King's photos around Thailand.

    Compare that situation with the continuing and expanding discontent in ameristan. This is happening when the positive side of the economy is being continued.

    I await the negative financial signs and suggest the discontent will grow exponentially.
    A tray full of GOLD is not worth a moment in time.

  17. #42
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:26 PM
    Posts
    56,506
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainNemo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by birding
    not a eviable job he has inherited.
    [at] [at]
    Who did Obama inherit it from?
    Obama inherited a relatively stable Iraq, from GWB.

    Obama bungled it, made it worse, gave birth to ISIS, then escalated the bombing.
    That's sadly Obama's true legacy. America's first warmongering Mulatto president.
    You fucking moron.

    ISI was formed in 2006.
    ISIL wasn't; neither was Islamic State; and Zarqawi's whole show goes back to 99 when he met with bin Laden - during Bill Clinton's tenure...

    "moron" is apt word for Obama too.
    Islamic State''s origins date back to 2006. Hence the name ISLAMIC STATE in IRAQ. It was a direct response to Bush leaving the Shi'a to exact their revenge on Saddam by murdering Sunni.

    It's been very active bombing Shi'a mosques in Saudi Arabia. Which makes it all the more absurd that the orange-faced wanker left them off his list.

  18. #43
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    16,572
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainNemo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post

    Who did Obama inherit it from?
    Obama inherited a relatively stable Iraq, from GWB.

    Obama bungled it, made it worse, gave birth to ISIS, then escalated the bombing.
    That's sadly Obama's true legacy. America's first warmongering Mulatto president.
    You fucking moron.

    ISI was formed in 2006.
    ISIL wasn't; neither was Islamic State; and Zarqawi's whole show goes back to 99 when he met with bin Laden - during Bill Clinton's tenure...

    "moron" is apt word for Obama too.
    Islamic State''s origins date back to 2006. Hence the name ISLAMIC STATE in IRAQ. It was a direct response to Bush leaving the Shi'a to exact their revenge on Saddam by murdering Sunni.

    It's been very active bombing Shi'a mosques in Saudi Arabia. Which makes it all the more absurd that the orange-faced wanker left them off his list.
    It's origins date back to 1999. You're confusing the foundation date of Zarqawis original group with their 2006 declaration of an Islamic State in Iraq.

  19. #44
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Posts
    9,782
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    And all of them were inspired by Sayid Quytb who was radicalized by such depraved sights as women showing their ankles during his stay in the US
    actually he was offended with their promiscuity with men while dancing, basically being air heads

    he did have a point though, that modern societies was making people dumb

  20. #45
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778

    FUBAR in Yemen!

    ....

    Last edited by Mr Earl; 01-02-2017 at 03:13 PM.

  21. #46
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778

    FUBAR in Yemen!

    Trump's first military raid ends in a fucking disaster.

    Some slightly differring reports.
    One Dead, Four Wounded in First Manned Raid of Trump Presidency - The Daily Beast

    'Almost Everything Went Wrong' In First U.S. Military Raid Authorized By Trump: Gothamist

    Almost Everything Went Wrong' In First U.S. Military Raid Authorized By Trump.

    A member of SEAL Team 6 and an 8-year-old girl were among the people killed in Yemen on Sunday during the first clandestine military raid authorized by President Trump.

    According to NBC, the raid was a "boots on the ground" mission at an al Qaeda camp near al Bayda in south central Yemen, and was conducted by the supersecret Joint Special Operations Command. It was carried out with the intention to capture valuable intelligence, specifically computer equipment.
    "Almost everything went wrong," an anonymous official told NBC, which reports: "An MV-22 Osprey experienced a hard landing near the site, injuring several SEALs, one severely. The tilt-rotor aircraft had to be destroyed. A SEAL was killed during the firefight on the ground, as were some noncombatants, including females."
    The SEAL has been identified as Chief Petty Officer William "Ryan" Owens. Defense Secretary James Mattis said in a statement that the 36-year-old, "gave his full measure for our nation, and in performing his duty, he upheld the noblest standard of military service."
    At least three al Qaeda leaders were killed in the raid. Among the women and noncombatants killed was the 8-year-old girl, Nawar al-Awlaki, also known as Nora. She was the daughter of Anwar al-Awlaki, the New Mexico-born al Qaeda leader who was killed in a U.S. drone strike five years ago.

    The most disturbing report on the raid comes from the girl's grandfather, Nasser al-Awlaki, Yemen's former agriculture minister. He described what happened at the camp based on conversations with what he characterized as Yemeni sources:
    "My granddaughter was staying for a while with her mother, so when the attack came, they were sitting in the house, and a bullet struck her in her neck at 2:30 past midnight. Other children in the same house were killed," al-Awlaki said. He said the girl died two hours after being shot.
    "They [the SEALs] entered another house and killed everybody in it, including all the women. They burned the house. There is an assumption there was a woman [in the house] from Saudi Arabia who was with al Qaeda. All we know is that she was a children's teacher."
    Al-Awlaki said the girl and her mother had fled the Yemeni capital, Sa'ana, where he lives, to escape the heavy shelling.
    Al-Awlaki also tells Reuters his granddaughter "was hit with a bullet in her neck and suffered for two hours. Why kill children? This is the new (U.S.) administration - it's very sad, a big crime."
    It's unclear how many more civilians were killed: the Pentagon said 14 militants were killed, along with "numerous" civilians, while Nasser al-Awlaki said Yemenis were claiming the number of dead combatants and civilians was as high as 59.
    Another local resident tells Reuters, "The operation began at dawn when a drone bombed the home of Abdulraoof al-Dhahab and then helicopters flew up and unloaded paratroopers at his house and killed everyone inside. Next, the gunmen opened fire at the U.S. soldiers who left the area, and the helicopters bombed the gunmen and a number of homes and led to a large number of casualties."
    The Intercept reports that Nora's American-born brother, 16-year-old Abdulrahman, along with the boy’s 17-year-old cousin and several other innocent Yemenis, were all killed in drone strikes carried out by the Obama administration in 2011, weeks after the death of Anwar al-Awlaki.
    NBC adds that as details of the disastrous raid emerged over the weekend, "Defense Secretary James Mattis had to leave one of Washington's biggest annual social events, the Alfalfa Club Dinner, to deal with the repercussions, according to the official. He did not return."
    In fairness the opperation was likely already in play by Obama.

    Hopefully as Trump has to take responsibility for the fuckup, he will put a stop to this very desdly military adventurism, which kills and maims many innocents...


  22. #47
    hangin' around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,718
    Yeah, 'deadly' would be OK, but 'very deadly' is definitely taking things too far.

  23. #48
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl View Post
    Trump's first military raid ends in a fucking disaster.

    Some slightly differring reports.
    One Dead, Four Wounded in First Manned Raid of Trump Presidency - The Daily Beast

    'Almost Everything Went Wrong' In First U.S. Military Raid Authorized By Trump: Gothamist

    Almost Everything Went Wrong' In First U.S. Military Raid Authorized By Trump.

    A member of SEAL Team 6 and an 8-year-old girl were among the people killed in Yemen on Sunday during the first clandestine military raid authorized by President Trump.

    According to NBC, the raid was a "boots on the ground" mission at an al Qaeda camp near al Bayda in south central Yemen, and was conducted by the supersecret Joint Special Operations Command. It was carried out with the intention to capture valuable intelligence, specifically computer equipment.
    "Almost everything went wrong," an anonymous official told NBC, which reports: "An MV-22 Osprey experienced a hard landing near the site, injuring several SEALs, one severely. The tilt-rotor aircraft had to be destroyed. A SEAL was killed during the firefight on the ground, as were some noncombatants, including females."
    The SEAL has been identified as Chief Petty Officer William "Ryan" Owens. Defense Secretary James Mattis said in a statement that the 36-year-old, "gave his full measure for our nation, and in performing his duty, he upheld the noblest standard of military service."
    At least three al Qaeda leaders were killed in the raid. Among the women and noncombatants killed was the 8-year-old girl, Nawar al-Awlaki, also known as Nora. She was the daughter of Anwar al-Awlaki, the New Mexico-born al Qaeda leader who was killed in a U.S. drone strike five years ago.

    The most disturbing report on the raid comes from the girl's grandfather, Nasser al-Awlaki, Yemen's former agriculture minister. He described what happened at the camp based on conversations with what he characterized as Yemeni sources:
    "My granddaughter was staying for a while with her mother, so when the attack came, they were sitting in the house, and a bullet struck her in her neck at 2:30 past midnight. Other children in the same house were killed," al-Awlaki said. He said the girl died two hours after being shot.
    "They [the SEALs] entered another house and killed everybody in it, including all the women. They burned the house. There is an assumption there was a woman [in the house] from Saudi Arabia who was with al Qaeda. All we know is that she was a children's teacher."
    Al-Awlaki said the girl and her mother had fled the Yemeni capital, Sa'ana, where he lives, to escape the heavy shelling.
    Al-Awlaki also tells Reuters his granddaughter "was hit with a bullet in her neck and suffered for two hours. Why kill children? This is the new (U.S.) administration - it's very sad, a big crime."
    It's unclear how many more civilians were killed: the Pentagon said 14 militants were killed, along with "numerous" civilians, while Nasser al-Awlaki said Yemenis were claiming the number of dead combatants and civilians was as high as 59.
    Another local resident tells Reuters, "The operation began at dawn when a drone bombed the home of Abdulraoof al-Dhahab and then helicopters flew up and unloaded paratroopers at his house and killed everyone inside. Next, the gunmen opened fire at the U.S. soldiers who left the area, and the helicopters bombed the gunmen and a number of homes and led to a large number of casualties."
    The Intercept reports that Nora's American-born brother, 16-year-old Abdulrahman, along with the boy’s 17-year-old cousin and several other innocent Yemenis, were all killed in drone strikes carried out by the Obama administration in 2011, weeks after the death of Anwar al-Awlaki.
    NBC adds that as details of the disastrous raid emerged over the weekend, "Defense Secretary James Mattis had to leave one of Washington's biggest annual social events, the Alfalfa Club Dinner, to deal with the repercussions, according to the official. He did not return."
    In fairness the opperation was likely already in play by Obama.

    Hopefully as Trump has to take responsibility for the fuckup, he will put a stop to this very desdly military adventurism, which kills and maims many innocents...


    Really taken aback that these activities/events were randomly publicized, as the American establishment prefers to keep this kinda shit under wraps...


    And many are surprised when hearing of these events.
    Takes place everyday, every week, every month, every years - for generations, without the knowledge.

    Expanding the empire.

  24. #49
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Yeah, 'deadly' would be OK, but 'very deadly' is definitely taking things too far.
    Perhaps my manner of expression does not meet provincial fuckwit TEFLER scrutiny.

    So be it.

    Perhaps you missed your calling as an editor for a big publishing house....or msybe not...




  25. #50
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    10,901
    The soldier lost his life to an accident not enemy fire. Does Trump get labeled for all military deaths caused by accidents whilst he's in office also?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •