Page 114 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1464104106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 2994
  1. #2826
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:42 PM
    Posts
    45,353
    Meanwhile, under cover of "Fighting ISIS" and with Vlad's gleeful protection.....

    Syrian forces have used chemical weapons more than two dozen times during the country’s civil war, said UN war crimes investigators, including in the deadly attack that led to US air strikes on government planes.

    In the most conclusive findings to date from investigations into chemical weapons attacks during the conflict, the UN Commission of Inquiry on Syria says a government warplane dropped sarin on Khan Sheikhoun in Idlib province in April, killing more than 80 civilians.

    “Government forces continued the pattern of using chemical weapons against civilians in opposition-held areas. In the gravest incident, the Syrian air force used sarin in Khan Sheikhoun, Idlib, killing dozens, the majority of whom were women and children,” the report said on Wednesday, declaring it a war crime.
    Syrian government was behind April sarin gas attack, UN says | The Independent

  2. #2827
    Thailand Expat
    jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,831
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    It seems Fisk is still reporting from hotel poolsides as usual.

    Assad was safe the minute Putin backed him.
    Spot on.

  3. #2828
    Valve Master Latindancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    9,252
    I just looked up what it does :

    Within seconds of exposure to sarin gas (or liquid, which evaporates easily), we start to notice the immediate effects of acetylcholine buildup. First, our smooth muscles and secretions go crazy. The nerves to those areas keep firing, keep telling them to go. The nose runs, the eyes cry, the mouth drools and vomits, and bowels and bladder evacuate themselves. It is not a dignified state.

    Since sarin has no smell or taste, the person may very well have no idea what's going on. Their chest tightens, vision blurs. If the exposure was great enough, that can progress to convulsions, paralysis, and death within 1 to 10 minutes.

    If the exposure was not enough to kill them, though, the person should recover pretty quickly and completely. It is not the sort of agent that leaves people blind and infertile and glowing green. The U.S. military also has a lotion that can be applied immediately after exposure, Reactive Skin Decontamination Lotion, to good effect, among other antidotes. Most people exposed to sarin do not die. A large exposure is not a death sentence.

  4. #2829
    peckerwood SKkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    off the reservation
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke
    and the Israelis may have to go to Putin to clear up the mess they’re now in
    After hitting Syria with some missiles a couple of days ago.

    Israel strikes deep in Syria, said to hit military facility - ABC News

  5. #2830
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:42 PM
    Posts
    45,353
    Quote Originally Posted by SKkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke
    and the Israelis may have to go to Putin to clear up the mess they’re now in
    After hitting Syria with some missiles a couple of days ago.

    Israel strikes deep in Syria, said to hit military facility - ABC News
    Fisk is such a fucking twat.

    Those in the Israeli political right who claimed that Assad was a greater danger than Isis may have to think again – not least because Assad may be the man they’ll have to talk to if they want to keep their northern border safe.
    Assad was always the man they had to talk to, and he always knew better than to mess with them.

  6. #2831
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,800
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    Assad was always the man they had to talk to
    Assad is totally cowed by Israel...the real danger to the Zionist entity is from ISIS-inspired attacks launched by Palestinian fanatics and those from Iran-supplied Hezbollah in Southern Lebanon...

  7. #2832
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 AM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    11,756
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Assad is totally cowed by Israel...the real danger to the Zionist entity is from ISIS-inspired attacks launched by Palestinian fanatics and those from Iran-supplied Hezbollah in Southern Lebanon...
    The Syrian President has his work cut out. He is using his assets where they will gain the most.

  8. #2833
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,800
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    He is using his assets where they will gain the most.
    Those assets include, of course, Russian and Iranian military and financial support, Hezbollah (the Shiite militia in southern Lebanon), and his own tribe of deviant Alawite Muslims...not to mention poison gas, barrel bombs and anything else he can throw at his many enemies...the weasel needs to be skinned and his hide nailed to the Damascus Gate...
    Majestically enthroned amid the vulgar herd

  9. #2834
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 AM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    11,756
    ^Is there room for another? Seems to me there are many who deserve that fate prior to his being "nailed".

  10. #2835
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Posts
    2,123
    He is defending his country in the only way he sees as being effective. He has seen other countries invaded on lies and believes if his country does not have a deterrent it will be invaded in the same way by the same aggressor.

    What is happening is only reinforcing this belief, continual threats, sanctions and shows of force are only counter-productive they only make him more determined.

    He has Nukes and missiles, that will not change, accept it, let him have them and take away any reason he may ever have to use them.

  11. #2836
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 AM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    11,756
    ^The DPRK thread no?

  12. #2837
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Teakdoor forum upgrade office
    Posts
    12,024
    Quote Originally Posted by birding View Post
    He is defending his country in the only way he sees as being effective. He has seen other countries invaded on lies and believes if his country does not have a deterrent it will be invaded in the same way by the same aggressor.

    What is happening is only reinforcing this belief, continual threats, sanctions and shows of force are only counter-productive they only make him more determined.

    He has Nukes and missiles, that will not change, accept it, let him have them and take away any reason he may ever have to use them.
    Syria? Really? Surely you jest!

  13. #2838
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    Syria? Really? Surely you jest!
    either the wrong thread or he's OD'd on Israeli propaganda...

  14. #2839
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 AM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    11,756
    it appears that the Syrian forces have crossed the Euphrates and builds a bridge to enable more and heavier forces to assist those who are already east of the river. Russian language.



    The ameristani meat along with any vassals who take the ameristani cent, ISIS and SDF forces still require flattening.

    http://thesaker.is/syrian-war-report-september-26-2017/
    Last edited by OhOh; 27-09-2017 at 01:52 PM.
    A tray full of GOLD is not worth a moment in time.

  15. #2840
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,800

  16. #2841
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:45 PM
    Posts
    1,500
    How Putin Checkmated The US In Syria
    Sep 26, 2017
    ----
    Putin had stood by Assad from the very beginning and protected him in multiple ways. He armed him, protected him on the U.N. Security Council, and sustained Syria’s military and economy. But the intervention was a game changer that signaled Russia’s escalation in Syria.

    Today, on balance, Putin achieved virtually everything he wanted in Syria. He kept Assad in power. He entrenched Russia’s military presence in Syria for at least the next 49 years—Russia’s largest military presence outside the former Soviet Union at that. Thus, Putin reduced US ability to maneuver militarily in the region and assured Russia’s influence in one of the most strategically-important countries in the Middle East.
    ----
    Most importantly for Putin, he can now showcase cooperation with the West —on his terms. He created a perception of Russia as a great power broker and obtained international recognition for his latest ceasefire initiative in southwest Syria that led to establishment of de-escalation zones after Putin met with Trump in July of this year. Russia, Iran, and Turkey serve as ceasefire guarantors. Putin always resisted Western-protected safe zones in Syria, but a Russia-led ceasefire allows him to preserve his interests in the country.
    ----
    It might come as a surprise that during the lowest point in US-Russia relations since the Cold war, new Russian ambassador to Washington Anatoly Antonov, who is on Ukraine-related EU sanctions list, said after he presented his credentials to President Trump on September 8, “For my part I said that we are looking forward to an improvement in the relations between our two countries.” But Moscow wants to present itself as the voice of reason, and point to the West as the cantankerous one. Moreover Russia needs the West—as both an adversary and a partner. So it seeks to trap the West into cooperation.Too many analysts had believed Putin’s announced “withdrawal” from Syria in March 2016—an example of taking official statements at face value over reality.

    The current ceasefire, however flawed, has held so far. Its future—along with Russia’s—remains uncertain. But for as long as the West continues to defer to Moscow in Syria, Putin will have a lot to celebrate.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/annabor.../#29412afc767e

  17. #2842
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:42 PM
    Posts
    45,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    How Putin Checkmated The US In Syria
    Sep 26, 2017
    ----
    Putin had stood by Assad from the very beginning and protected him in multiple ways. He armed him, protected him on the U.N. Security Council, and sustained Syria’s military and economy. But the intervention was a game changer that signaled Russia’s escalation in Syria.

    Today, on balance, Putin achieved virtually everything he wanted in Syria. He kept Assad in power. He entrenched Russia’s military presence in Syria for at least the next 49 years—Russia’s largest military presence outside the former Soviet Union at that. Thus, Putin reduced US ability to maneuver militarily in the region and assured Russia’s influence in one of the most strategically-important countries in the Middle East.
    ----
    Most importantly for Putin, he can now showcase cooperation with the West —on his terms. He created a perception of Russia as a great power broker and obtained international recognition for his latest ceasefire initiative in southwest Syria that led to establishment of de-escalation zones after Putin met with Trump in July of this year. Russia, Iran, and Turkey serve as ceasefire guarantors. Putin always resisted Western-protected safe zones in Syria, but a Russia-led ceasefire allows him to preserve his interests in the country.
    ----
    It might come as a surprise that during the lowest point in US-Russia relations since the Cold war, new Russian ambassador to Washington Anatoly Antonov, who is on Ukraine-related EU sanctions list, said after he presented his credentials to President Trump on September 8, “For my part I said that we are looking forward to an improvement in the relations between our two countries.” But Moscow wants to present itself as the voice of reason, and point to the West as the cantankerous one. Moreover Russia needs the West—as both an adversary and a partner. So it seeks to trap the West into cooperation.Too many analysts had believed Putin’s announced “withdrawal” from Syria in March 2016—an example of taking official statements at face value over reality.

    The current ceasefire, however flawed, has held so far. Its future—along with Russia’s—remains uncertain. But for as long as the West continues to defer to Moscow in Syria, Putin will have a lot to celebrate.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/annabor.../#29412afc767e
    The West can sit back and watch as the majority of vengeful Sunni in Syria terrorise both the Shi'a and any Russian interlopers for years to come.

    Putin has to pay for this shit and he's already bleeding cash.

    Some victory, just for a shitty naval base.


  18. #2843
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Posts
    2,123
    It would seem my last post which I posted elsewhere somehow got put in this topic, will see what happens to this one.

    From January Last year:

    Syrian army gains in north and south; two rebel-held towns agree to cease-fire - LA Times

    And on to this month:

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKCN1BD09P

    So the Syrian Government with the help of friends is taking back its country from both the US backed rebels who have been attempting to take over the country and ISIS which rose to power after the US invasion of Iraq.

    While the US has finally realised the mistake it made in in backing the rebels in the first place:

    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/w...s.html?mcubz=1

    But not before costing the US tax payer a lot of money, just how much no one seems ready to admit but we do know that the folly of attempting to train rebels cost $500 million with the end result of 4 or 5 trained rebels:

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-isis-fighters

    We also know that they have sent a lot of weapons:

    http://www.businessinsider.com/weapo...4/#762x39-mm-1

    With the help of the Saudi's:

    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/24/w...s.html?mcubz=1

    So the Syrian Government with help can now concentrate on fighting ISIS while making peace with the weakened rebels provided that Saudi Arabia and Pakistan dont continue to supply the rebels.


    This is an interesting take on the situation:

    Arming Syrian rebels: Where the US went wrong - BBC News

  19. #2844
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:42 PM
    Posts
    45,353
    Quote Originally Posted by birding View Post
    So the Syrian Government with help can now concentrate on fighting ISIS while making peace with the weakened rebels provided that Saudi Arabia and Pakistan dont continue to supply the rebels.
    So what you are saying is that we are right where we started in 2011, except for:

    1. Three quarters of the population now hate Assad with a vengeance.
    2. And now they hate Russia too.
    3. ISIS are there.

    Which makes you wonder why Assad didn't "make peace" in 2011 instead of slaughtering 400,000 people.

    Answer: Because they wanted him and the rest of his minority, unelected Shi'a shite out of power in 2011, and they fucking certainly do now.

    And trust me, they will have long, long memories of this one.

    Like I said, he may have won a conventional war - only with Putin's help - but now he can look forward to lots of terrorism until he fucks off.

  20. #2845
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 AM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    11,756
    Attached Images Attached Images

  21. #2846
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Posts
    2,123
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    So what you are saying is that we are right where we started in 2011, except for:

    1. Three quarters of the population now hate Assad with a vengeance.
    2. And now they hate Russia too.
    3. ISIS are there.

    Which makes you wonder why Assad didn't "make peace" in 2011 instead of slaughtering 400,000 people.

    Answer: Because they wanted him and the rest of his minority, unelected Shi'a shite out of power in 2011, and they fucking certainly do now.

    And trust me, they will have long, long memories of this one.

    Like I said, he may have won a conventional war - only with Putin's help - but now he can look forward to lots of terrorism until he fucks off.
    What a load of shit Harry with not one single link to back any of it up.

    And no I dont trust you for you believed in WMD in Iraq and you believed the destruction of Libya was humanitarian and now you probably still believe Assad used chemical weapons even though the UN says it was the US backed rebels

    U.N. has testimony that Syrian rebels used sarin gas: investigator | Reuters

  22. #2847
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:42 PM
    Posts
    45,353
    Quote Originally Posted by birding View Post
    What a load of shit Harry with not one single link to back any of it up.

    And no I dont trust you for you believed in WMD in Iraq and you believed the destruction of Libya was humanitarian and now you probably still believe Assad used chemical weapons even though the UN says it was the US backed rebels

    U.N. has testimony that Syrian rebels used sarin gas: investigator | Reuters

    The trouble with idiots like you is that not only do you not understand the culture of the Middle East or sectarian Islam, but you get one post from four years ago and think somehow it justifies your whole argument.

    You really don't understand the subject matter, so it's best you just shut up and learn.

    A panel of United Nations rights investigators announced definitively on Wednesday that Syrian President Bashar Assad's forces were behind April's sarin gas attack on the rebel-held town of Khan Sheikhoun, which killed more than 80 people.
    The findings were part of the latest UN report on the Syrian civil war presented in Geneva by the UN Commission of Inquiry on Syria. An earlier report by the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) was not authorized to apportion blame or investigate culpability, only to establish whether chemical weapons had been used.

    Investigators also revealed that they had documented 33 chemical weapons attacks since the war's outbreak in 2011. Twenty-seven of those were carried out by Assad's government forces, including seven between March 1 and July 7 of this year. The perpetrators in six attacks had not yet been identified, investigators said.
    UN: Syrian regime used chemical weapons more than two dozen times | News | DW | 06.09.2017
    Last edited by harrybarracuda; 29-09-2017 at 02:33 PM.

  23. #2848
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:42 PM
    Posts
    45,353
    Quote Originally Posted by birding View Post
    And no I dont trust you for you believed in WMD
    A couple of things.

    - I did not believe in WMDs in Iraq and have always said the invasion was pointless and done for money.

    Your inability to read properly is what makes you spout shit.

    - This of course does not negate the fact that the US sold Saddam WMD materials for use against Iran, which he subsequently used against his own people.

    However, they were long gone by 2003.

    That's probably more basic shit that you don't understand.

  24. #2849
    Thailand Expat
    jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,831
    Quote Originally Posted by birding View Post
    What a load of shit Harry with not one single link to back any of it up.

    And no I dont trust you for you believed in WMD in Iraq and you believed the destruction of Libya was humanitarian and now you probably still believe Assad used chemical weapons even though the UN says it was the US backed rebels

    U.N. has testimony that Syrian rebels used sarin gas: investigator | Reuters
    Assad had no reason to use chemical weapons, esp on his own people, though it makes a great read for numpties that really need to believe the US was playing the good guy 'this time'.

    Once Putin clarified his position Assad was as secure as he could be since Putin could not afford to let him down, was able to demonstrate loyalty under international pressure, that Russian forces could cope with an extended conflict, sent a message to other dictators/despots that they could trust their position to him, and of course extend his sphere of influence whilst selling arms and technology hand over fist...under the stress of sanctions! Imho he ran rings around the black guy in context of the Syrian civil war.

    America's 'friendly rebels', on the other hand, or at least those that did not end up turning US training and weapons against US personnel, were few, costly, insignificant, untrustworthy, and were shown to have used chemicals nanoseconds before the Leftist media dropped the 'Assad used chemicals' line and sauntered off in search of something else to entertain their gullible audience.
    Antrobertson: Annoyed at others "ranting absurdities and falsities about her (Clinton's) campaign..."

    Antrobertson: Annoyed at others with 'views on climate change that run contrary to objective fact.'

    Antrobertson: "Vindictive Shit Stirrer"


  25. #2850
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,800
    Quote Originally Posted by jabir View Post
    Assad had no reason to use chemical weapons, esp on his own people
    they probably weren't his own people (in the Middle Eastern sense): they were likely Sunnis who despise Shi'a Alawites (like Assad, his father and his tribe) as heretics...in any event, resistance to the Syrian dictator, no matter which group it is, puts one in the line of fire...Assad jr. is as bloodthirsty as his father was, which isn't saying much in that part of the world where barbarity is an everyday occurrence...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •