Page 82 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3272747576777879808182838485868788899092132 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 3788
  1. #2026
    Thailand Expat
    Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey
    33,600 deaths by guns
    Heres one of em'

    60-year-old woman fatally shoots armed intruder near Katy, Texas

    Investigators say a woman near Katy turned the tables on a pair of intruders. She shot and killed one of them before a second man got away.

    It happened around 11:30 Monday morning along Fort Bowie Court in the Sundown subdivision.

    “This is really a very safe neighborhood,” said neighbor Teresa Roberts.

    She and others watched investigators work a scene they never expected in the middle of the day.

    “A neighbor had a burglar in the home and apparently shot him,” said Roberts.

    Detectives say two men actually entered the home uninvited through an open garage door.

    They surprised a 60 year-old woman inside.

    “Both were armed with pistols,” said HCSO spokesman Thomas Gilliland. “She confronted both suspects and then retrieved a handgun and fired several times at both suspects.”

    One man collapsed and died in her front yard in the 20000 block of Fort Bowie Ct in the Sundown subdivision. Deputies found a gun near his body.

    "It's the state of Texas, if you're going to go into someone's home, you're going to get shot," said Cathy Hanks, a neighbor. "That's really how we are. That's just Texas."

    The other suspect got away by jumping a fence. It's not clear if he was wounded. Deputies are searching the neighborhood for him. The victim said he appeared to be around 20 years old, was wearing dark clothing and his red underwear was showing.

    The woman who fired the shots wasn't hurt.

    She told investigators she didn't know the men.
    HCSO: 60-year-old woman fatally shoots armed intruder near Katy | khou.com

  2. #2027
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    02-08-2017 @ 04:02 PM
    Location
    slow lane
    Posts
    1,058
    Bit off topic as no one actually got shot...
    Bride arrested for pulling gun from wedding dress, pointing at groom

    Shortly after saying “I do,” a Tennessee bride was arrested for pulling a firearm out from beneath her wedding dress and pulling the trigger on her new hubby.

    Police said Kate Elizabeth Prichard, 25, and her groom had started fighting only hours after their nuptials in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, according to news station WTVF.

    The couple was drinking outside a local motel called the Clarion Inn when they began to fight, authorities said.

    “She pulled out of her wedding dress a 9 mm pistol. Pointed it at her new husband’s head and pulled the trigger,” Murfreesboro Police Sgt. Kyle Evans told WTVF.

    The gun, however, was not loaded, forcing the pistol-packing bride to load a round before reportedly firing a shot into the air.

    “Responding officers let the husband know the honeymoon was over and his new wife was going to jail,” Evans said.
    Bride arrested for pulling gun from wedding dress, pointing at groom | New York Post

  3. #2028
    Thailand Expat
    Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey
    33,600 deaths by guns
    Another horrible death

    Armed customer kills suspect during Arizona pharmacy robbery

    PHOENIX Authorities say a customer at a Phoenix drugstore shot and killed a man who was attempting to rob the pharmacy Tuesday night.

    Phoenix police tell the Arizona Republic that a man jumped the pharmacy counter, pointed the gun at people and demanded oxycodone from the pharmacist. An armed customer shot and wounded him.

    Sgt. Jonathan Howard said officers found about a dozen workers and customers hiding in the Walgreens from the suspect who was still inside.

    After officers cleared the store, a police dog pulled the suspect away from his gun.

    Police administered CPR to the man, but he died at the scene.

    Authorities have not released the name of the suspect or the customer who shot him.
    Armed customer kills suspect during Arizona pharmacy robbery | Fox News

  4. #2029
    Thailand Expat
    bobo746's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    24-01-2019 @ 09:21 AM
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    14,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    60-year-old woman fatally shoots armed intruder near Katy, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    Armed customer kills suspect during Arizona pharmacy robbery
    You gun freaks don't get it.A couple of people shoot an intruder big deal.
    That doesn't justify the thousands on innocent people that get killed every year.
    No guns no gun deaths it's pretty simple,and you are a simple people.

  5. #2030
    Your local I.Q. Monitor
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:14 PM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    2,187
    ^^ Americaness.

  6. #2031
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow
    Americaness.
    ...a certain kind of Americaness: a my-way-or-the-highway-ness, a white-skin-uber-alles-ness, an I've-got-mine-Jack-ness, a my-gun-is-a prosthetic-dick-ness, etc...
    Last edited by tomcat; 03-08-2017 at 08:47 AM.

  7. #2032
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Posts
    4,890
    ^
    As long as he does not shout Alahu Akbar, then it is OK, no need to show him every hour on MSM...

  8. #2033
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:22 AM
    Posts
    59,278
    USA! USA! USA! etc.

    A three-year-old boy died on Tuesday after apparently shooting himself with a loaded gun police say he found in his family's Las Vegas home.

    The shooting was reported at around 2pm at a home in the 9500 block of Chandler Springs Avenue.

    The toddler was rushed to University Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead 45 minutes later.
    Las Vegas boy accidentally shoots himself to death | Daily Mail Online

  9. #2034
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,154
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    Las Vegas boy accidentally shoots himself to death
    how do they know it was an accident?...

  10. #2035
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:22 AM
    Posts
    59,278
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    Las Vegas boy accidentally shoots himself to death
    how do they know it was an accident?...
    I'm guessing by the use of the word "apparently" that all the evidence so far revealed points to that conclusion.

  11. #2036
    Thailand Expat
    Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo746 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    60-year-old woman fatally shoots armed intruder near Katy, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    Armed customer kills suspect during Arizona pharmacy robbery
    You gun freaks don't get it.A couple of people shoot an intruder big deal.
    That doesn't justify the thousands on innocent people that get killed every year.
    No guns no gun deaths it's pretty simple,and you are a simple people.
    Its not that simple, and there are thousands of justifiable homicides/defensive use shootings every year. You don't see those in the news, unless its local news, because hysteria.

    Nothing freaky about owning a firearm for defense, and being able to use it for defense. Nothing at all.

  12. #2037
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:22 AM
    Posts
    59,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo746 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    60-year-old woman fatally shoots armed intruder near Katy, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    Armed customer kills suspect during Arizona pharmacy robbery
    You gun freaks don't get it.A couple of people shoot an intruder big deal.
    That doesn't justify the thousands on innocent people that get killed every year.
    No guns no gun deaths it's pretty simple,and you are a simple people.
    Its not that simple, and there are thousands of justifiable homicides/defensive use shootings every year. You don't see those in the news, unless its local news, because hysteria.

    Nothing freaky about owning a firearm for defense, and being able to use it for defense. Nothing at all.
    Except that the reason you need it is that every other c u n t has a gun, you dimwit.
    Last edited by harrybarracuda; 04-08-2017 at 04:55 AM.

  13. #2038
    Thailand Expat
    Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    Except that the reason you need is that every other c u n t has a gun, you dimwit.
    Negative, dipshit - the bad guy doesn't need to have a gun to be shot.

  14. #2039
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:22 AM
    Posts
    59,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    Except that the reason you need is that every other c u n t has a gun, you dimwit.
    Negative, dipshit - the bad guy doesn't need to have a gun to be shot.
    Ah yes because the good guy with the....

    The three year old with the....

    Oh what's the fucking point, you're too stupid to get it.

  15. #2040
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,154
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    you're too stupid to get it
    disagree: I think it's denial...thus:
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    there are thousands of justifiable homicides/defensive use shootings every year. You don't see those in the news, unless its local news, because hysteria.
    why is it only America among advanced societies that has "thousands" of "justifiable" homicides every year? Something is horribly wrong with the thinking of any American who would accept such notion...

  16. #2041
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    Its not that simple, and there are thousands of justifiable homicides/defensive use shootings every year.
    link?

    preferably for 2013 so we can compare it to the 33,600 of total gun deaths.

    and how many of those allegedly 'justifiable' gun deaths are by cops...when it's cops who determine it was 'justifiable'?

    i remember reading that over a recent 20 year period not a single FBI agent had ever been involved in an improper shooting.....not one....of course it was the FBI who investigated these shootings.


    Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    You don't see those in the news, unless its local news
    utter BS.....or ignorance. considering the source, it's difficult to determine which.

    anyway, at this point the only gun deaths that make national news are massive multiple killings...or possibly when a toddler shoots himself or somebody else....and tragically, even those have become normalized.

  17. #2042
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Whatever the number in heated debate, it's clearly not enough.


  18. #2043
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:22 AM
    Posts
    59,278
    And we have a breaking score update for you:

    Arsehole with gun 0 Armadillo 1.

    This is the sort of thing I could see happening to slicky boy.

    Of course the news comes from Texas, obviously the state leader in stupid.

    The good news? The Armadillo escaped.




    A man has been wounded after he shot an armadillo and the bullet ricocheted back and hit him in the face.

    The guy, from Texas, fired a gun at an armadillo in his yard at around 3am last Thursday morning, the county sheriff said Friday.

    Cass County Sheriff Larry Rowe said the man, who was not identified, went outside his home in Marietta, spotted the armadillo on his property and opened fire.

    ‘His wife was in the house. He went outside and took his .38 revolver and shot three times at the armadillo,’ Rowe said.

    The animal’s hard shell deflected at least one of three bullets, which then struck the man’s jaw, he said.

    The man was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where his jaw was wired shut, according to Rowe.

    The status of the animal is unknown.

    ‘We didn’t find the armadillo,’ the sheriff said.
    Man shot in face after bullet ricochets off armadillo | Metro News

  19. #2044
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,028



    it would be interesting to know how many americans shoot themselves (not including suicide) each year. considering what the average IQ of gun owners must be, i'd think it's pretty high.

  20. #2045
    Thailand Expat
    Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,495
    Rack that one up into the wahhhhhhh boo boo tragedy gunshot tragedy column

  21. #2046
    Thailand Expat
    Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey View Post



    it would be interesting to know how many americans shoot themselves (not including suicide) each year. considering what the average IQ of gun owners must be, i'd think it's pretty high.
    Starting to wonder if you're even an American, or just talk like this because of the audience here on Teakdoor.

    Because if you were truly an American you'd know gun ownership is supported bipartisan across the board. Dems and Repubs own firearms.

    The debate is on what controls should be implemented.

  22. #2047
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:22 AM
    Posts
    59,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey View Post



    it would be interesting to know how many americans shoot themselves (not including suicide) each year. considering what the average IQ of gun owners must be, i'd think it's pretty high.
    Starting to wonder if you're even an American, or just talk like this because of the audience here on Teakdoor.

    Because if you were truly an American you'd know gun ownership is supported bipartisan across the board. Dems and Repubs own firearms.

    The debate is on what controls should be implemented.
    I suspect most Americans would like guns out of the hands of stupid or crazy people.

    You fit into both categories, what do you think?

  23. #2048
    Thailand Expat
    Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    I suspect most Americans would like guns out of the hands of stupid or crazy people.

    You fit into both categories, what do you think?
    The problem with that are the great grandaddy laws that make gun ownership a right of all Americans, not a privilege, same as voting, free speech, etc.

    I don't want crazy people to own firearms but I haven't seen any legislation that wasn't a knee-jerk reaction meant to wear down the 2nd for people that have every right to own firearms*

    *and I've seen your meltdowns over the "NRA" and that bill that failed recently, so give it a rest. It was unconstitutional, thats the reason it failed.

  24. #2049
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:22 AM
    Posts
    59,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    I suspect most Americans would like guns out of the hands of stupid or crazy people.

    You fit into both categories, what do you think?
    The problem with that are the great grandaddy laws that make gun ownership a right of all Americans, not a privilege, same as voting, free speech, etc. **

    I don't want crazy people to own firearms but I haven't seen any legislation that wasn't a knee-jerk reaction meant to wear down the 2nd for people that have every right to own firearms*

    *and I've seen your meltdowns over the "NRA" and that bill that failed recently, so give it a rest. It was unconstitutional, thats the reason it failed.

    Like fuck was it. That's just more of your NRA bullshit.

    If that were that case, the Supreme Court could have ruled on it.

    Your bozos have the majority, remember?

    ** I'll remind you to google the meaning of the word "Amendment".

  25. #2050
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    33,208
    There are certain Americans - posters on TD included - who will happily bleat on about the Constitutional 'right' to their guns but see no irony or hypocrisy in non-Whites being treated like second class citizens.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •