Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 402
  1. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    23-06-2014 @ 11:30 PM
    Posts
    1,235
    DrBob,

    Quote Originally Posted by mao say dung View Post
    .
    How much worse can it get for someone to have had homoerotic impulses all his life and beat his libido into a tiny firecracker of rage only to have to watch Brokeback Mountain again and again and still get no jouissance?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Easy to see you're newish here. Yes, Mao and Andy are black but Mao is a woman and a happily married mother of twin girls.
    In her post, she sounds like she is talking from first hand experience. I didn't realize she was posting a "feel your pain" story.

    As for my "newish", I don't really think about a person's race when I post (actually I don't even think about the person at all, I generally just focus on the logic (or lack of ) of the posts). I like to treat everyone the same.

    RickThai
    Last edited by RickThai; 07-06-2013 at 10:44 PM.

  2. #177
    Molecular Mixup
    blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    29-08-2017 @ 09:49 PM
    Location
    54N
    Posts
    11,354
    Quote Originally Posted by MrG
    definition of race. Please define your terms and what, exactly, is a racial group.
    Races developed after people spread out around the the world , basically the 3 main races :

    European race is defined and dominated by the little Neanderthal DNA we have .

    African race has zero Neanderthal

    Asians race probably formed from some mixing with another subspecies of Homo sapiens similar to the Neanderthals.

  3. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    23-06-2014 @ 11:30 PM
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrG
    definition of race. Please define your terms and what, exactly, is a racial group.
    Races developed after people spread out around the the world , basically the 3 main races :

    European race is defined and dominated by the little Neanderthal DNA we have .

    African race has zero Neanderthal

    Asians race probably formed from some mixing with another subspecies of Homo sapiens similar to the Neanderthals.
    Where did you find that theory? I've never heard of it, and it doesn't sound right. Can you site any references?

    Thanks,


    RickThai

  4. #179
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,048
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai
    I believe in the future
    yes, difficult not to

    Santi

    Andygobble

  5. #180
    Molecular Mixup
    blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    29-08-2017 @ 09:49 PM
    Location
    54N
    Posts
    11,354
    well, I make my own theories up ,
    so no links .
    but there must be plenty of data on neanderthal interbreeding with homo sapiens, that's probably where we get our creativity, inventiveness , and artistic flair .

  6. #181
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,048
    Quote Originally Posted by blue
    aces developed after people spread out around the the world , basically the 3 main races : European race is defined and dominated by the little Neanderthal DNA we have . African race has zero Neanderthal Asians race probably formed from some mixing with another subspecies of Homo sapiens similar to the Neanderthals.

    gosh, Blue, have you had that published yet!?

    it would create a furore amongst all the paleoanthropologists out there

  7. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    23-06-2014 @ 11:30 PM
    Posts
    1,235
    Here is one explanation and definition of "Race" as described in an article by an "anthropologist".

    It seems to make sense to me.


    The Origin of Races
    People whose ancestors have been living in the same geographic area for a long time tend to show similarities in visible characteristics such as size and shape, skin color, and hair form, and also invisible characteristics such as blood groups. Some of these groups are large, as were native Americans before Europeans and Africans came to the New World. Some are small, as are neo-Hawaiians (the descendants of Europeans, Japanese, and Polynesians). Large groups can be subdivided, depending on the level of comparison being made: sub-Saharan Africans are more similar to one another than they are to Europeans, but within this groups there is considerable diversity, such as that between the brown-skinned Bushman-Hottentot people and Bantu-speaking ("black") Africans.

    Human "racial" diversity is a result of people in a geographic area intermarrying, being exposed to a number of biological processes, and adapting slowly to local environments. These biological processes include combining and recombining inherited genetic material over the generations, which produces offspring and descendants who differ from their parents and ancestors. The environment may favor certain characteristics, producing populations that are on the average taller, or darker, or more rugged than other populations from other geographic areas. Isolation and inbreeding of some populations may produce differences as well. These natural processes occur in humans as well as other animals and are the source of much study in biology and anthropology.

    However, even if people in different geographic areas differ, it is impossible to draw sharp lines between racial groups. Few if any populations are cut off from others, and even if laws, culture, and/or religion prohibit it, mating does take place. Characteristics of people change gradually from one geographic area to another; where across Central Asia do European "whites" leave off and Asian "yellows" begin? Anthropologists see races as temporary, changing phenomena, products of genetic processes and natural selection. The races we see today are different from those of yesterday and will be different tomorrow.


    RickThai

  8. #183
    Molecular Mixup
    blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    29-08-2017 @ 09:49 PM
    Location
    54N
    Posts
    11,354
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy
    Blue, have you had that published yet!?
    I know Andy I should , But I have no real interest in fame or acclaim .
    And it would jut become established fact , but future generations would just say its bloody obvious ... so why bother .
    Just like one of my other theories - that original man was light skinned , ' white ' even as we were covered with hair from head to toe , why would we need pigmentation ? especially as this would be expensive to produce .
    Blacks only became so very recently after the climate changed in Africa.

    yet time and time again i see the mistake of early man portrayed as dark .
    But let them blunder on ..

    Anyway thanks for the encouragement and suggestion DrAndy .

  9. #184
    Molecular Mixup
    blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    29-08-2017 @ 09:49 PM
    Location
    54N
    Posts
    11,354
    justification for having a racist immigration policy
    and another example of a PC win.

    Opemipo Jaji: Paedophile jailed for minimum of eight years for raping 11-year-old girl


    Paedophile Opemipo Jaji subjected her to a three-hour ordeal and threatened to stab her after she tried to run away

    Opemipo Jaji: Paedophile jailed for minimum of eight years for raping 11-year-old girl - Mirror Online

  10. #185
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Posts
    44,576
    You are a fuckwit, aren't you?

    White man rapes baby.



    Ohio Man Who Raped 6-Month-Old Baby to Death Wants Mercy | TheBlaze.com

  11. #186
    Thailand Expat
    Rainfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    03-08-2015 @ 10:32 PM
    Posts
    2,492
    No Harry, he follows the same line like you. The Aryan Neanderthal crossbred with humans, and that's the source of evil.


  12. #187
    MrG
    MrG is offline
    Thailand Expat MrG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,953
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai
    However, even if people in different geographic areas differ, it is impossible to draw sharp lines between racial groups.
    And there's your answer. Fact is, there is no way to make racial distinctions that hold up to any kind of logic. Your quote talks about races in terms of the color of skin, but skin color is meaningless. As is the texture of hair, the shape of the nose, all the usual distinctions that have been used for centuries but are totally meaningless. It's an antiquated term. You may as well divide people into races based on their hororscope.

  13. #188
    Thailand Expat
    Rainfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    03-08-2015 @ 10:32 PM
    Posts
    2,492
    Why is skin colour meaningless? Are you aware that there are quite substantial differences in the IQ between the races? East Asians and Europeans do well, and Africans are more at the bottom?


  14. #189
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    15,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainfall
    Why is skin colour meaningless? Are you aware that there are quite substantial differences in the IQ between the races?
    Are you aware that that has bugger all to do with skin colour and more to do with nutrition and education?

  15. #190
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    05-04-2017 @ 08:57 AM
    Location
    nonthaburi
    Posts
    2,551
    Hong Kongese tend to be rather darker than their more northern, less well-endowed comrades.

  16. #191
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Posts
    44,576
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainfall
    Why is skin colour meaningless? Are you aware that there are quite substantial differences in the IQ between the races?
    Are you aware that that has bugger all to do with skin colour and more to do with nutrition and education?
    Rainfall, you should do an IQ test then, Hey Presto!, you can work out where you come from! I'd guess somewhere below Zambia.


  17. #192
    Thailand Expat
    jamescollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:09 PM
    Location
    Bunthrik Ubon
    Posts
    4,419
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainfall
    Why is skin colour meaningless? Are you aware that there are quite substantial differences in the IQ between the races?
    Are you aware that that has bugger all to do with skin colour and more to do with nutrition and education?
    That's not really true, in the US testing has been going on for years and nutrition was cited as the main cause for lower IQ ratings in different ethnic groups. Better testing methods have come up with similar results. Same as crime stats, certain racial groups have higher crime rates than others. Nothing to do with environment, more about high testosterone and other chemicals produced in the body.
    US justice Department can, with a high degree of accuracy identify persons who will be involved in violent crime later in life by doing blood test at high school. If you believe all are equal in all ways, god is a racist, he generally gives sickle-cell anemia to peoples of dark skin. Jim

  18. #193
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Posts
    44,576
    I think you'll find Sickle-cell anaemia is both hereditary and very common in those who have a family history in sub-saharan Africa and other areas where malaria was present.

    It's exacerbated by the nasty habit of inter-marrying in some cultures to keep the family wealth together.

    It most certainly does not target people based on skin colour.

  19. #194
    Thailand Expat
    jamescollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:09 PM
    Location
    Bunthrik Ubon
    Posts
    4,419
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    I think you'll find Sickle-cell anaemia is both hereditary and very common in those who have a family history in sub-saharan Africa and other areas where malaria was present.

    It's exacerbated by the nasty habit of inter-marrying in some cultures to keep the family wealth together.

    It most certainly does not target people based on skin colour.
    So habits over 100s of years do not effect the gene make up of a race. If green people breed to produce a race of super smart people and purple people breed to produce a bunch of stupid people, is that not a racial difference over time.
    Monkeys and gorillas may have evolved from the same origins, does that make them the same.
    Skin color may be of little reliance, but 1,000s of years of evolution on the genetic make up of races will.
    There are racial traits and denying it is like saying all dogs behave in the same way. Jim

  20. #195
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Posts
    44,576
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    I think you'll find Sickle-cell anaemia is both hereditary and very common in those who have a family history in sub-saharan Africa and other areas where malaria was present.

    It's exacerbated by the nasty habit of inter-marrying in some cultures to keep the family wealth together.

    It most certainly does not target people based on skin colour.
    So habits over 100s of years do not effect the gene make up of a race. If green people breed to produce a race of super smart people and purple people breed to produce a bunch of stupid people, is that not a racial difference over time.
    Monkeys and gorillas may have evolved from the same origins, does that make them the same.
    Skin color may be of little reliance, but 1,000s of years of evolution on the genetic make up of races will.
    There are racial traits and denying it is like saying all dogs behave in the same way. Jim
    I don't know what you are banging on about, but I'm simply telling you that Sickle Cell Anaemia does not care who it infects, it's a genetic disease and two white parents with the right genetic trigger can give it to white kids.

    I'm simply pointing out that while there are statistical anomalies, they are based on geography and cultural habits, not skin colour.

    Because Sickle Cell allowed people to survive at the expense of malaria, those areas affected by malaria meant the gene was statistically more prevalent in those areas.

    And since it's an inherited disease, it is still present in people who have never been exposed to malaria in their lives.

    You're just perpetuating another stupid racist old wives tale, frankly.

    Where you said:

    If you believe all are equal in all ways, god is a racist, he generally gives sickle-cell anemia to peoples of dark skin. Jim
    You should have said: "If you believe all are equal in all ways, god is a racist, he GAVE sickle-cell anemia to peoples whose ancestors lived in areas where sickle cell anaemia and malaria co-existed. They just happened to be black in most cases. Jim"

  21. #196
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    05-04-2017 @ 08:57 AM
    Location
    nonthaburi
    Posts
    2,551
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    You're just perpetuating another stupid racist old wives tale, frankly.
    Fancy that!

    And on TD, too.

  22. #197
    Thailand Expat
    jamescollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:09 PM
    Location
    Bunthrik Ubon
    Posts
    4,419
    HP are you saying that malaria is the cause of the disease over time, lots of malatria over this way and little SCE. Or are you saying that genetics make up, makes no difference to skin color, intellect, sporting ability, or social cohesion over 1,000 of years.
    There was a guy call Darwin who wrote a book on it, don't recall where he said humans where different. You evolve to survive and your environment dictates which genes are passed on.

    Aborigines where in an evolutionary dead end road, given your prospect. If we had left them alone, they would have made the jump to science in a few years, after 10 or 20.000 years.

    Be honest, in the animal world and we are animals, our prime goal is survival, we decimate other species all the time, to guarantee our gene pools continuastion.

    To say one race is superior to another, is saying which tribe will defeat another.

    I would bet you and others who write about PC stuff would not stand up and be counted if it cost money or may be advise to your health.

    Got to give the Muslims one thing, they die for what they believe, would you. Jim

  23. #198
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    05-04-2017 @ 08:57 AM
    Location
    nonthaburi
    Posts
    2,551
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister
    Got to give the Muslims one thing, they die for what they believe, would you.
    Hard to say whether dying for what you believe is an adaptive behavior or not, since evolution apparently operates at the level of the gene, rather than the pool.

    And speaking of "pools" and their willingness to die for what they believe. I don't think the Chinese have ever developed anything like the military idealization of self-sacrifice that you are talking about. They represent an awful lot of successful surviving individuals,

  24. #199
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Posts
    44,576
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post
    HP are you saying that malaria is the cause of the disease over time, lots of malatria over this way and little SCE. Or are you saying that genetics make up, makes no difference to skin color, intellect, sporting ability, or social cohesion over 1,000 of years.
    There was a guy call Darwin who wrote a book on it, don't recall where he said humans where different. You evolve to survive and your environment dictates which genes are passed on.
    It's funny, I'm fairly certain I've written in clear English. Which bit don't you understand?

    That bit about Sickle Cell Anaemia distribution originally being related to malaria, or the bit where I said cultures that marry and reproduce within the extended family (normally tribal ones) are where the genes tend to perpetuate?

    Or the bit where I said that it doesn't give a flying fuck about the skin colour of its victims?

    Mind you, you lost me with the "God" bit.

    It's absolutely Darwinian in its progress, so please make your mind up which one you're going for.

  25. #200
    Thailand Expat
    jamescollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:09 PM
    Location
    Bunthrik Ubon
    Posts
    4,419
    Quote Originally Posted by mao say dung View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister
    Got to give the Muslims one thing, they die for what they believe, would you.
    Hard to say whether dying for what you believe is an adaptive behavior or not, since evolution apparently operates at the level of the gene, rather than the pool.

    And speaking of "pools" and their willingness to die for what they believe. I don't think the Chinese have ever developed anything like the military idealization of self-sacrifice that you are talking about. They represent an awful lot of successful surviving individuals,
    Hard to say about the Chinese mentality, very family orientated. add to that China is not one race of people Though they did seem to storm across the border in Korea and lay down their lives for a belief.
    On the racial thing, believe the Chinese score higher than the west on IQ levels. Jim

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •