Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 402
  1. #126
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Teakdoor forum upgrade office
    Posts
    11,636
    Quote Originally Posted by rovingdave View Post
    Hi gentlemen.

    I'm asking you. When you look at a black person, do think "Fucking nigger! I'd shoot him if i could get away with it." Or, "Fucking Arab, he's not even worth a bullet."

    That's what i think, when i see them.

    That's what i'm asking you to answer honestly.
    No, never.

  2. #127
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,048
    Quote Originally Posted by rovingdave
    C'mon now. Steady man, Steady. Yes, well, perhaps my attitude may not be be perfect..........ah, but c',mon now! We can still be friends eh????
    I doubt it as I am black

  3. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    23-06-2014 @ 11:30 PM
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Surin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Surin View Post
    What would be the case of white prejudice towards white?
    Let's see . . . the Germans killed millions of Gypsies (along with the Jews) during the 1940's. I would think that indicates a certain prejudice.

    RickThai
    Technically, Romani ethnic aren't considered of a European blood-line.
    They ain't white, brother.


    Santi.
    Jeff
    I didn't realize "European blood-line" was a race. I thought the race was Caucasian?

    Santi,

    RickThai

  4. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    23-06-2014 @ 11:30 PM
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rovingdave
    C'mon now. Steady man, Steady. Yes, well, perhaps my attitude may not be be perfect..........ah, but c',mon now! We can still be friends eh????
    I doubt it as I am black
    Somehow I got the feeling a long time ago that both you and MrG are black (but I didn't think it important to any of the posts so I never asked).

    RickThai

  5. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    23-06-2014 @ 11:30 PM
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainfall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Surin View Post
    What would be the case of white prejudice towards white?
    Let's see . . . the Germans killed millions of Gypsies (along with the Jews) during the 1940's. I would think that indicates a certain prejudice.

    RickThai
    That's a statement by a man who claims university degrees 'in Computer Science with a minor in Electronic Engineering'. American universities must be shit, producing illiterates like this. Doesn't know where the Gypsies come from, their numbers, or how many died in the camps. Rick, you make Thais look smart in comparison.

    And you hold what degrees?

    Santi,

    RickThai

  6. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    23-06-2014 @ 11:30 PM
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by MrG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai
    The forum was about race, not individual variation within race. Do you wish you had been born of a different race? RickThai
    The fact that a scientific definition of race has never been established here--let alone an agreed upon TD definition of race--your question...this whole thread, in fact, is about whatever fantasy you grew up with about the subject, about your own race or anybody elses.

    Why don't you argue about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? It makes about as much sense.
    During my calculus classes "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin" made perfect sense (when helping understand integration).

    As far as TD threads, well like any forum it is 98% opinion with (occasionally) a few selected facts thrown into the mix.

    I still believe it is an inarguable fact that certain groups of peoples evolved with common sets of physiological (and perhaps psychological) features that differentiated them from other groups of peoples.

    Call it "race" or whatever you choose to describe these groups of peoples. The hypothesis of evolutionary adaptation seems to be the most "scientific" rationale as to how and why that has occurred.

    That doesn't mean one group of people (i.e. race) is better than another group; just that their are differences. To pretend there are not any differences is the "fantasy" to my way of thinking.

    As human's gain more and more control over their environment, and due to the increasing ease of interracial sex; racial differences will probably become less obvious, and society will become more homogeneous (although extreme polarization due to political and religious beliefs seem to be becoming more of a factor in adverse human relations than ever before).

    Still everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs.

    Santi,

    RickThai

  7. #132
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Online
    21-06-2013 @ 08:42 AM
    Location
    Pattaya
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai

    Still everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs.
    Hmmm... not entirely true really, is it?

  8. #133
    Molecular Mixup
    blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    29-08-2017 @ 09:49 PM
    Location
    54N
    Posts
    11,354
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai
    The hypothesis of evolutionary adaptation seems to be the most "scientific" rationale as to how and why that has occurred.
    No , the reason the races appeared is because of interbreeding with Neanderthals etc.



    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai
    That doesn't mean one group of people (i.e. race) is better than another group; just that their are differences.
    please ...
    if they have different attributes , and you value one of these highly , eg artistic ability , then how can you not say that race is better ,,,



    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai
    and due to the increasing ease of interracial sex; racial differences will probably become less obvious, and society will become more homogeneous
    what ?
    It might seem that way in the tiny window of the world you see , but the places with huge populations India, China, Arab Africa, black Africa , Indonesia , have virtually zero interracial mixing , an as those place are also the ones with the biggest population growth , I think it's accurate to say interracial sex is going to be, % wise , less not more .
    Last edited by blue; 01-06-2013 at 12:41 AM.

  9. #134
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Posts
    43,855
    Racism is important to Blue, it's what makes his meaningless, miserable life worth living.


  10. #135
    Molecular Mixup
    blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    29-08-2017 @ 09:49 PM
    Location
    54N
    Posts
    11,354
    Yes that's true harry , I would hate to think of a world without the European master race to drive it forward .

  11. #136
    Thailand Expat
    Rainfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    03-08-2015 @ 10:32 PM
    Posts
    2,492
    Well, it was the white race which has contributed most to the progress of humanity. In politics it invented democracy, capitalism, socialism, communism, fascism. Atheism. It has been the leader in science and technology for ages, and in the arts like music, painting, theatre, film, sculpture, in literature, and architecture, and engineering. Just every single device we use was invented by the white man, the steam engine, the electric motor, the combustion engine, jet and rocket engine, car, bike, bicycle, locomotive, plane, fridge, aircon, microwave, tape recorder, record player, mp3, radio, tv, computer, internet. The nuke, the nucular reactor, space exploration. Whatever. The last significant invention by someone else but a white man was gun powder, China, about 1,000 years ago. So don't fucking tell me Africans or Asians are equal. They didn't manage to get out of the dark ages on their own, they didn't create the conditions for it on their own.

  12. #137
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    05-04-2017 @ 08:57 AM
    Location
    nonthaburi
    Posts
    2,551
    ^And now that all these lesser races are finding their way out of the darkness by following the White light, I suppose, if the differences are really somehow in the genes, then Whitey will continue to lead the way forever?

    This would more or less have to follow.

  13. #138
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Teakdoor forum upgrade office
    Posts
    11,636
    [QUOTE=blue;2468242]
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai
    the places with huge populations India, China, Arab Africa, black Africa , Indonesia , have virtually zero interracial mixing ,
    FFS. What utter nonsense.

  14. #139
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainfall View Post
    Well, it was the white race which has contributed most to the progress of humanity. In politics it invented democracy, capitalism, socialism, communism, fascism. Atheism. It has been the leader in science and technology for ages, and in the arts like music, painting, theatre, film, sculpture, in literature, and architecture, and engineering. Just every single device we use was invented by the white man, the steam engine, the electric motor, the combustion engine, jet and rocket engine, car, bike, bicycle, locomotive, plane, fridge, aircon, microwave, tape recorder, record player, mp3, radio, tv, computer, internet. The nuke, the nucular reactor, space exploration. Whatever. The last significant invention by someone else but a white man was gun powder, China, about 1,000 years ago. So don't fucking tell me Africans or Asians are equal. They didn't manage to get out of the dark ages on their own, they didn't create the conditions for it on their own.
    You've a lot to learn yet.....

  15. #140
    MrG
    MrG is offline
    Thailand Expat MrG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainfall
    Well, it was the white race which has contributed most to the progress of humanity. In politics it invented democracy, capitalism, socialism, communism, fascism. Atheism. It has been the leader in science and technology for ages, and in the arts like music, painting, theatre, film, sculpture, in literature, and architecture, and engineering.
    You seem to live in a very tightly wrapped world.
    "White" people had nothing to do with the invention of mathmatics (ancient Sumerians) without which, all those lovely gadgets could not have come about.

    Painting, sculpture, literature, architecture, engineering--are you forgetting all the like accomplishments from all over the globe. Just because they're not to your taste doesn't make them inferior.

    If all those superior "white" Europeans, especially those in the Catholic heirarchy, were so smart, why did they hold back the advancement of science for a thousand years and keep their so-called civilization in the dark ages? Your logic, such as it is, is very flawed.

  16. #141
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    05-04-2017 @ 08:57 AM
    Location
    nonthaburi
    Posts
    2,551
    If the "invention" of fascism is meant to be an accomplishment of the "white race", then surely the "invention" of the first effective authoritarian-bureaucratic state in China (while the proto-fascists were still running around in the woods getting their asses handed to them by the Romans) must count for something in the "Superiority Stakes".

    Logic?

  17. #142
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:17 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    25,776
    Quote Originally Posted by rovingdave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai

    Still everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs.
    Hmmm... not entirely true really, is it?
    I don't know where people get this sense of entitlement.

  18. #143
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Koojo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rovingdave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai

    Still everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs.
    Hmmm... not entirely true really, is it?
    I don't know where people get this sense of entitlement.
    More of a conditioned aspect, less an entitlement [whatever the fuck that is].

  19. #144
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Online
    21-06-2013 @ 08:42 AM
    Location
    Pattaya
    Posts
    60
    Hi,

    Many arguements, for and against. I woudn't dream of using another's country to back up my own thoughts, so i'll use only my own. Mister sh*g nasty i am not from the USA i am from Scotland (which i presume are about as far apart as you have ever been)

    Start searching. Google or whatever. Let's take Thailand. Not a bad place as far as places go, however, still backward.

    5 million people in Scotland. 65 million people in Thailand. Go online, hit INVENTIONS; hit CHARITIES (i like this one ), hit POLICING, ask the likes of Mugabwe or Mubarak some views, ask all these chaps how nice it is to live in the dark ages. Ask Pol Pot, ask Idi Amin. I'd like to think we got rid of our monsters. They are still there, and Africa seem proud to host them. Put another pound in the bucket.

    I spent years and years in Africa. I've seen what happens. Same in North Africa with the Arabs. Rub them out. Oh dear, what a shame, never-mind.

  20. #145
    Thailand Expat
    Rainfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    03-08-2015 @ 10:32 PM
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by mao say dung View Post
    ^And now that all these lesser races are finding their way out of the darkness by following the White light, I suppose, if the differences are really somehow in the genes, then Whitey will continue to lead the way forever?

    This would more or less have to follow.
    The differences aren't in the genes, but in the heads. Yes, whitey will continue to lead for this very reason.

  21. #146
    Molecular Mixup
    blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    29-08-2017 @ 09:49 PM
    Location
    54N
    Posts
    11,354
    Quote Originally Posted by MrG
    "white" Europeans, especially those in the Catholic heirarchy, were so smart, why did they hold back the advancement of science for a thousand years and keep their so-called civilization in the dark ages?
    Well , perhaps it's because they didn't

    http://listverse.com/2008/06/09/top-...were-not-dark/

    I believe that we can safely say that the period of man’s history from 476 AD to 1000 AD is the most maligned of all.
    This period, known to historians as the Early Middle Ages, is still referred to by most laymen as the Dark Ages. In fact the term “dark ages” is almost as ancient as the period itself – it was coined in the 1330s by Petrarch, the Italian scholar, to refer to the decline of Latin literature.
    It was later taken by the protestant reformers (16th century) and then the members of the Englightenment (18th century) as a derogatory term with much broader implications, because they saw their own “enlightenment” as absent from the earlier period. Hardly a fair judgement on the past. Fortunately for modern students of history, the term is now officially known as the Early Middle Ages – a name which has no connotations at all. So, having given you the background on the terms, here are reasons that the dark ages were, in fact, a period of great progress and light.

    Universities Are Born
    Scientific Foundations Laid
    Carolingian Renaissance
    Byzantine Golden Age
    Art and Architecture
    Law Becomes Fair
    Agricultural Boom
    or just google - were the dark ages really dark


    Quote Originally Posted by MrG
    "White" people had nothing to do with the invention of mathmatics (ancient Sumerians
    Maths was universally invented , they used it to get Stonehenge up .
    Anyway the Sumerians were probably white , as they has lots of Neanderthal blood in them.

  22. #147
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    05-04-2017 @ 08:57 AM
    Location
    nonthaburi
    Posts
    2,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainfall
    The differences aren't in the genes, but in the heads. Yes, whitey will continue to lead for this very reason.
    You are proposing that the heads are different because of the genes, otherwise we wouldn't be talking about "race" and "whitey".

    You really ought to try and own your own specious arguments.

  23. #148
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    25-09-2017 @ 07:28 AM
    Location
    There
    Posts
    30,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainfall
    it was the white race which has contributed most to the progress of humanity.
    I think racism can only be justified if you are Asian. I mean, just look above at the ignorance, lack of dignity and historical consciousness of some recently graduated troglodyte that has the color of something that crawled from under a log, and has no knowledge or appreciation of his forebears and betters.
    probes Aliens

  24. #149
    Thailand Expat
    Rainfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    03-08-2015 @ 10:32 PM
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by mao say dung View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainfall
    The differences aren't in the genes, but in the heads. Yes, whitey will continue to lead for this very reason.
    You are proposing that the heads are different because of the genes, otherwise we wouldn't be talking about "race" and "whitey".

    You really ought to try and own your own specious arguments.
    You are talking gibberish.

    I think racial equality is achieved when the Asian and African middle class can buy property on the Champs-Elysees, and go for a sex holiday to the beaches of the Baltic Sea.

    What is it like when you pick up a girl in a bar in Thailand or Ghana for a night of sex, do you think of racial equality, or do you enjoy that the differences in culture and achievements provide you another warm body for cheap? Why do you feel you have to compensate by expressing respect for Asians and Africans?

  25. #150
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    25-09-2017 @ 07:28 AM
    Location
    There
    Posts
    30,268
    Well, it was a bit tongue in cheek.

    History thus far has seen a series of civilizations rise and fall. No question, the last three to four centuries have been the 'western era' (although it has seen a shift from Spanish/French/British to American dominance in that time)- but China was ahead of us both economically and technologically for considerably more than three centuries before that. Then you've got various other civilizations that were more advanced and larger than anything in Europe/ N America in their time, be that Egyptian, Persian, Babylonian etc. Many people predict our current dominance will be superceded again by Asia, specifically China.

    So considering western dominance or superiority as innate &/or immutable is to ignore both history and current trends.
    Last edited by sabang; 03-06-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •