Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    13,691

    Dr Benjamin Carson

    Finally someone speaks up, and speaks some sense and speaks out against political correctness.
    In case you missed it, world-renowned neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson presented the keynote address at the 61st Annual National Prayer Breakfast.
    With President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and other national leaders in attendance, Dr. Carson spoke plainly about the great challenges facing America today: “moral decay and fiscal irresponsibility.”
    This speech was the buzz all weekend long among political circles, for not only was it a refreshing breath of logic and common sense in its simplest form, but it was also a sobering lecture and critique of the Obama administration’s reckless and misguided policies – making it probably the longest 27 minutes Obama has ever had to sit through as president.
    Ben Carson Makes Obama Sit Through the Longest 27 Minutes Of His Presidency

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    palexxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    4,152
    Thanks for that, very good speaker. If there were more people like that around the world would be in a better shape.

  3. #3
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:51 PM
    Posts
    45,969
    Did you knock one out?


  4. #4
    Ho ho ho
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Posts
    14,743
    Shame that obamarama doesn't give a rats arse what Carson, or you for that matter, thinks. He has some lobbyists that tell him what to think, as well as controller.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    13,691
    Well at least his voice is being heard by some, and his simple message of common sense and thinking for yourself is resonating.

    Something the Obamabots may never understand.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    koman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    30-10-2017 @ 09:21 AM
    Location
    Issan
    Posts
    4,234
    Dr Carson is turning out to quite a dilemma for the left-wing Dems. He speaks with eloquence and exudes pure common sense and hard hitting reality. He condemns political correctness and calls a spade a spade.

    He chastises Obama and his administration for their destructive policies and politics......and worst of all, he is an accomplished black man, who refuses to be bullied by cheap "uncle tom" taunts and all the character assassination stuff the left wing throw at anyone from any minority who breaks ranks with them.

    The left wing has a terrible time with people like Dr. Carson....they just can't understand them at all......
    I blame the Americans......and Thaksin.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    13,691
    Quote Originally Posted by koman View Post
    The left wing has a terrible time with people like Dr. Carson....they just can't understand them at all......
    The country has quite a few sensible people like Dr Carson. Nikki Haley and Bobby Jindal also come to mind as people the liberal media have trouble coping with.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by koman View Post
    The left wing has a terrible time with people like Dr. Carson....they just can't understand them at all......
    The country has quite a few sensible people like Dr Carson. Nikki Haley and Bobby Jindal also come to mind as people the liberal media have trouble coping with.
    Not to forget Black chick Mia Love.

    The moonbat libs regard those sorts of people as Uncle Toms or Oreos.

    Really classy...

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    14-09-2014 @ 04:20 PM
    Location
    Bangkok, the City of Angels!
    Posts
    3,071
    Talented speaker but a physician who doesn't believe in evolution??? WTF to that...

    While he claims to be an Independent, based upon the topics he chose to address in his speech (deficit, tax reform, health care and education) he sounded more like a Democrat.

    After all the GOP's track record on the deficit, taxes, health care and education is pretty abysmal.

    Deficit:



    Taxes: Democrats want to reduce taxes on the poor and middle class, while the Republicans want to tax the poor and middle class to extend tax cuts to the wealthy and corporations. Does anyone except the rich and corporations still think "trickle down" economics works?!


    Health Care: The Democrats have brought us the the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act aka "Obamacare. A perfect solution to America's health care woes? Certainly not. But it's a step in the right direction and certainly beats the Republican plan- Don't get sick, and if you do, die quickly...




    Education: The GOP has consistently opposed spending on education in America. Wonder why?


    ^ And in case you think I made that last one up, it's actually a FACT that Blue states are smarter than Red States:

    Published in The Economist, May 15, 2004, p. 26
    Last edited by TonyBKK; 26-05-2013 at 02:38 PM.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    ^

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    ^
    OMFG! You should be jailed for even pointing this out. You are the grandmaster of spam on this entire forum. You have posted more falsehoods and lies then anyone on this forum x10. MASSIVE hypocrisy. Disgusting.


    BTW any socalled doctor that does not believe in evolution is an idiot and should lose his medical license.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl View Post
    Finally someone speaks up, and speaks some sense and speaks out against political correctness.
    In case you missed it, world-renowned neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson presented the keynote address at the 61st Annual National Prayer Breakfast.
    With President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and other national leaders in attendance, Dr. Carson spoke plainly about the great challenges facing America today: “moral decay and fiscal irresponsibility.”
    This speech was the buzz all weekend long among political circles, for not only was it a refreshing breath of logic and common sense in its simplest form, but it was also a sobering lecture and critique of the Obama administration’s reckless and misguided policies – making it probably the longest 27 minutes Obama has ever had to sit through as president.
    Ben Carson Makes Obama Sit Through the Longest 27 Minutes Of His Presidency

    this breakfast has been taking place for years, and it has always been a non-partisan affair.

    unfortunately the classless benjamin carson felt compelled to lower the bar.

    the National Prayer Breakfast is billed as one of the few nonpolitical events in a very political city. Each year, the co-chairs, one Democrat and one Republican from either the House or Senate, put aside their political differences, as they do in weekly gatherings, to pray for the nation's leaders.
    Dr. Ben Carson should apologize to President Obama | Fox News

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,166
    more news about the subject of the OP....benjamin carson apologizes for embarrassing his employer:

    last week, in one of his many appearances on Fox News, Carson stepped on a political land mine when he compared homosexuality to bestiality and pedophilia in explaining his opposition to gay marriage. In a Friday email to the Hopkins community – which a source shared with POLITICO – Carson apologized for having caused “any embarrassment” to the institutions he has been affiliated with.
    Ben Carson apologizes to Johns Hopkins - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,316
    Like I said a so called doctor that rejects evolution is an idiot and needs no further audience. He is a buffoon. The same as the OP for wasting our time with this utter nonsense.

  15. #15
    Lord of Swine
    Necron99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Nahkon Sawon
    Posts
    13,025
    ^ Even idiots can be right sometimes, evolution is not a required belief to be a good doctor.
    When is America going to stop spending more than it has?
    How high will the deficit go?

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Necron99
    When is America going to stop spending more than it has?
    How high will the deficit go?
    Legitimate questions but wrong thread..

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Necron99
    evolution is not a required belief to be a good doctor.
    would you go to a doctor that didn't believe in evolution?

  18. #18
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:51 PM
    Posts
    45,969
    Would you trust any scientist who doesn't believe in science?


  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    koman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    30-10-2017 @ 09:21 AM
    Location
    Issan
    Posts
    4,234
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Necron99
    evolution is not a required belief to be a good doctor.
    would you go to a doctor that didn't believe in evolution?
    If you had a pulmonary embolism and needed immediate surgery, I suppose the first question on your mind would be if the doctor believed in evolution or not.... A persons religious beliefs has nothing whatsoever to do their professional skills any more than their political views or gender or anything else other than their competence.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat Humbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    15-12-2017 @ 09:50 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,600
    In the hypothetical situation described above or in any kind of situation requiring emergency medical care I doubt that religion would play any part. However, if I was choosing a medical specialist, a belief in a fairy tale view of the world vs a rational, scientific view would be a disqualifier.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    Rainfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    03-08-2015 @ 10:32 PM
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    ^
    OMFG! You should be jailed for even pointing this out. You are the grandmaster of spam on this entire forum. You have posted more falsehoods and lies then anyone on this forum x10. MASSIVE hypocrisy. Disgusting.


    BTW any socalled doctor that does not believe in evolution is an idiot and should lose his medical license.
    Boner felt addressed by that remark about moral decay.

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    koman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    30-10-2017 @ 09:21 AM
    Location
    Issan
    Posts
    4,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbert View Post
    In the hypothetical situation described above or in any kind of situation requiring emergency medical care I doubt that religion would play any part. However, if I was choosing a medical specialist, a belief in a fairy tale view of the world vs a rational, scientific view would be a disqualifier.
    I have no idea what this guys religious beliefs actually are, but I've listened to him speak at some length and he seems in every respect to be a dedicated and highly skilled doctor in his field.....but of course for single track minded left-wing TD'ers everything outside of Obama worship and some distorted idealism rooted in socialist politics and union hall rants, is always a disqualifier.

    His skill and reputation as a doctor would be the basis of my judgement rather than fretting over his belief in evolution or creationism. His religious beliefs, whatever they are, and however much I may disagree with them, have nothing to do with his competence in his chosen field of medicine anymore than being agnostic has to do with ones competence as a dentist or a diesel mechanic.

    So, are we to understand that the oh so tolerant, all encompassing and understanding TD liberals are now showing some true colors and condemning a highly respected physician simply because he may hold some controversial belief in something that really does not matter in any way with respect to his work...

  23. #23
    Lord of Swine
    Necron99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Nahkon Sawon
    Posts
    13,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbert View Post
    In the hypothetical situation described above or in any kind of situation requiring emergency medical care I doubt that religion would play any part. However, if I was choosing a medical specialist, a belief in a fairy tale view of the world vs a rational, scientific view would be a disqualifier.
    So on being referred to a specialist to discuss the ever growing cancerous growth in your brain, part of your discussion would get around to the strength and breadth of his religious views? How would you even introduce the subject?
    "Gee Doc, that's a mighty sharp scalpel, do you think the iron in it is only 6000 years old and that god will be guiding your hand while you're slicing up my noggin?"

    I think you are lying.

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Necron99
    So on being referred to a specialist to discuss the ever growing cancerous growth in your brain, part of your discussion would get around to the strength and breadth of his religious views?
    no, of course the conversation likely wouldn't come around to religion. but you already knew that.

    the real question is this:

    if you had two doctors with the exact same qualifications and experience, but one of them believed that dinosaurs were on noah's ark and roamed the earth a couple thousand years ago at the same time as humans.

    the other believes in evolution.

    which one are you going to choose?

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,166
    Quote Originally Posted by koman
    If you had a pulmonary embolism and needed immediate surgery, I suppose the first question on your mind would be if the doctor believed in evolution or not....
    you suppose wrong.

    btw, feel free to address this as well...


    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey
    if you had two doctors with the exact same qualifications and experience, but one of them believed that dinosaurs were on noah's ark and roamed the earth a couple thousand years ago at the same time as humans.

    the other believes in evolution.

    which one are you going to choose?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •