Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Results 726 to 750 of 881
  1. #726
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    The IRS Scandal, Day 69

    That's right. It still hasn't gone away...

  2. #727
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    The IRS Scandal, Day 70

    Looks like it is heating up again. Just won't go away!

  3. #728
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    ^
    Heh...appears to be pretty prevalent in a lot of other folks minds!

    The IRS Scandal, Day 71


  4. #729
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Posts
    43,765
    The IRS 'Scandal' Isn't Worth The Ink It's Getting
    Fri, May 17, 2013
    by Steve Almond 23

    Let me be perhaps the first human being in America to declare that the controversy over the IRS’s alleged persecution of conservative groups is, to use a technical term, a steaming pile of cow poop.

    As it happens, cow poop is one of our nation’s most precious resources, and in the days and weeks to come you can rest assured that this cow poop will be used to fertilize both the political fortunes of the Republican Party and the precarious balance sheet of our sanctimonious free press.

    Yes, Virginia, nothing sells papers like a good old-fashioned fake scandal, and this one — which conveniently affirms the perpetual persecution complex that has become the default setting of the conservative movement — will be flogged to death.

    Nothing sells papers like a good old-fashioned fake scandal…

    But let’s look at the actual events and the larger context in which they occurred, by which I mean “the facts,” those stupid things Ronald Reagan was always complaining about.

    In 2010, the conservative members of the Supreme Court voted, at the behest of a group called Citizens United, to eliminate many of the campaign finance laws enacted after Watergate.

    The one that gets most of the ink involves allowing corporations (who are really just giant people whose consciences happen to function like cash registers) to make unlimited and anonymous political contributions.

    But Citizens United also decreed that organizations devoted to issues of “social welfare” could apply for tax-exempt status as 501(c)(4)s.

    Immediately, thousands of groups sought the exemption. Almost all of them were and are blatantly political operations . This includes the corporate slush funds run by Karl Rove and his Democratic counterparts.

    The IRS, meanwhile, is required by Congress to review every application for tax-exempt status, and has been since 1913. That means it’s the job of auditors to determine if a group is primarily engaged in politics or seeks to promote “the common good and social welfare of a community.”


    That’s a pretty complicated judgment to make, especially when the number of applications for these so-called 501(c)(4)s has skyrocketed, while the IRS budget has been slashed by 17 percent per capita over the past decade.

    Those of you who have worked at a job in which there were sudden increases in the demand for work output, combined with sharp cuts in staffing, may now be a position to guess what happened next.

    It’s called triage. IRS auditors, in an effort to flag applications that were primarily political organizations, set aside 300 for a closer look. Of these, a third had “Tea Party” or “Patriot” in their name or explanatory papers.

    Now, if anyone wants to argue that “Tea Party” groups are primarily interested in promoting social welfare, versus pursuing a partisan agenda, I would ask that you identify a single democratic candidate or issue supported by such groups.

    I’ll wait.

    So here’s what we’ve got: a bunch of IRS workers guilty of using a short cut to finish a task Congress charged them with performing.

    For all the whining we’ll hear about how Tea Party groups had their rights trampled, not a single one has yet to claim its tax-exempt status was denied. They just had to fill out long questionnaires and wait a long time. Wah wah!

    The big cover-up here isn’t being perpetrated by the president, but a Fourth Estate too craven and hysterical even to identify the true moral folly lurking in its own frantic news cycles.

    Ironically, the application of at least one progressive group was actually denied, and others had to answer the same questions as Tea Party groups.

    But of course, with a few notable exceptions , you won’t hear any of this silly context from your friends in the media. Why undermine such a juicy narrative?

    Instead, we’ll get endless investigations and congressional hearings and the paranoid ranting of our professionally aggrieved right-wing media. We’ll hear that Obama is somehow behind all this, despite the fact that the IRS commissioner at the time of the alleged witch-hunt, Doug Shulman, was appointed by President George W. Bush. Pundits will pontificate. GOPers will hyperventilate. A bunch of people will get fired, starting with acting IRS commissioner Steven Miller, Shulman’s successor, who resigned Wednesday, at the request of Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, though he had nothing to do with any of this nonsense.

    The larger outrage — that political groups of all persuasions are lying about their ambitions to avoid paying taxes, that corporations have been given license to pollute our political discourse with propaganda — will be lost in a din of grandstanding.

    This isn’t Watergate, folks.

    The big cover-up here isn’t being perpetrated by the president, but a Fourth Estate too craven and hysterical even to identify the true moral folly lurking in its own frantic news cycles.

  5. #730
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    ^
    The IRS Scandal(s) are heating up if you haven't been paying attention there, harry. BTW, you gotta give us a link to this author of that piece when you get a chance. There's a good fellow!

    A Bombshell In The IRS Scandal.
    "The IRS scandal was connected this week not just to the Washington office—that had been established—but to the office of the chief counsel.
    That is a bombshell—such a big one that it managed to emerge in spite of an unfocused, frequently off-point congressional hearing in which some members seemed to have accidentally woken up in the middle of a committee room, some seemed unaware of the implications of what their investigators had uncovered, one pretended that the investigation should end if IRS workers couldn’t say the president had personally called and told them to harass his foes, and one seemed to be holding a filibuster on Pakistan.
    Still, what landed was a bombshell. And Democrats know it. Which is why they are so desperate to make the investigation go away. They know, as Republicans do, that the chief counsel of the IRS is one of only two Obama political appointees in the entire agency."


    Recall how Obama 'joked' about putting the IRS on his enemies back in 2009?

  6. #731
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    Say it isn't so!

    IRS Scandal Creeps Closer To White House.

    That's simply shocking!

    Recall how long it took to nail Tricky Dick for his role in Watergate coverup? Looks like these IRS Scandals will come to fruition sooner than later.

    And then there's this:

    Retiring IRS lawyer implicates Obama appointee in testimony.
    Last edited by Boon Mee; 21-07-2013 at 06:55 AM.

  7. #732
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    You learn something new every day!

    I didn’t know the IRS Chief Counsel worked out of Cincinnati.

    “The ‘nothing to see here’ apologists for the IRS harassment of right-wing exempt organizations have always said that nothing wrong happened, and it was the work of rogue employees in the Cincinnati hinterlands anyway. Perhaps not.”

    Getting closer to the Oval Office or what?

  8. #733

  9. #734

  10. #735
    Thailand Expat
    BobR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:21 PM
    Posts
    7,755
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    The IRS 'Scandal' Isn't Worth The Ink It's Getting
    Fri, May 17, 2013
    by Steve Almond 23

    Let me be perhaps the first human being in America to declare that the controversy over the IRS’s alleged persecution of conservative groups is, to use a technical term, a steaming pile of cow poop.

    As it happens, cow poop is one of our nation’s most precious resources, and in the days and weeks to come you can rest assured that this cow poop will be used to fertilize both the political fortunes of the Republican Party and the precarious balance sheet of our sanctimonious free press.

    Yes, Virginia, nothing sells papers like a good old-fashioned fake scandal, and this one — which conveniently affirms the perpetual persecution complex that has become the default setting of the conservative movement — will be flogged to death.

    Nothing sells papers like a good old-fashioned fake scandal…

    But let’s look at the actual events and the larger context in which they occurred, by which I mean “the facts,” those stupid things Ronald Reagan was always complaining about.

    In 2010, the conservative members of the Supreme Court voted, at the behest of a group called Citizens United, to eliminate many of the campaign finance laws enacted after Watergate.

    The one that gets most of the ink involves allowing corporations (who are really just giant people whose consciences happen to function like cash registers) to make unlimited and anonymous political contributions.

    But Citizens United also decreed that organizations devoted to issues of “social welfare” could apply for tax-exempt status as 501(c)(4)s.

    Immediately, thousands of groups sought the exemption. Almost all of them were and are blatantly political operations . This includes the corporate slush funds run by Karl Rove and his Democratic counterparts.

    The IRS, meanwhile, is required by Congress to review every application for tax-exempt status, and has been since 1913. That means it’s the job of auditors to determine if a group is primarily engaged in politics or seeks to promote “the common good and social welfare of a community.”


    That’s a pretty complicated judgment to make, especially when the number of applications for these so-called 501(c)(4)s has skyrocketed, while the IRS budget has been slashed by 17 percent per capita over the past decade.

    Those of you who have worked at a job in which there were sudden increases in the demand for work output, combined with sharp cuts in staffing, may now be a position to guess what happened next.

    It’s called triage. IRS auditors, in an effort to flag applications that were primarily political organizations, set aside 300 for a closer look. Of these, a third had “Tea Party” or “Patriot” in their name or explanatory papers.

    Now, if anyone wants to argue that “Tea Party” groups are primarily interested in promoting social welfare, versus pursuing a partisan agenda, I would ask that you identify a single democratic candidate or issue supported by such groups.

    I’ll wait.

    So here’s what we’ve got: a bunch of IRS workers guilty of using a short cut to finish a task Congress charged them with performing.

    For all the whining we’ll hear about how Tea Party groups had their rights trampled, not a single one has yet to claim its tax-exempt status was denied. They just had to fill out long questionnaires and wait a long time. Wah wah!

    The big cover-up here isn’t being perpetrated by the president, but a Fourth Estate too craven and hysterical even to identify the true moral folly lurking in its own frantic news cycles.

    Ironically, the application of at least one progressive group was actually denied, and others had to answer the same questions as Tea Party groups.

    But of course, with a few notable exceptions , you won’t hear any of this silly context from your friends in the media. Why undermine such a juicy narrative?

    Instead, we’ll get endless investigations and congressional hearings and the paranoid ranting of our professionally aggrieved right-wing media. We’ll hear that Obama is somehow behind all this, despite the fact that the IRS commissioner at the time of the alleged witch-hunt, Doug Shulman, was appointed by President George W. Bush. Pundits will pontificate. GOPers will hyperventilate. A bunch of people will get fired, starting with acting IRS commissioner Steven Miller, Shulman’s successor, who resigned Wednesday, at the request of Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, though he had nothing to do with any of this nonsense.

    The larger outrage — that political groups of all persuasions are lying about their ambitions to avoid paying taxes, that corporations have been given license to pollute our political discourse with propaganda — will be lost in a din of grandstanding.

    This isn’t Watergate, folks.

    The big cover-up here isn’t being perpetrated by the president, but a Fourth Estate too craven and hysterical even to identify the true moral folly lurking in its own frantic news cycles.
    I agree with you, they're not my favorite people in the World to deal with, but they have always been professional, reasonable and polite when I've needed to call them.

    The far right radical movement contains a disproportional number of so called tax protesters, those wackos who claim the 16th Amendment is somehow defective or unconstitutional so they do not need to pay taxes. Targeting tax protesters is a very reasonable and appropriate use of IRS resources.

  11. #736
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058

  12. #737
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    Rather damning:

    "The scandals that have so damaged the (IRS) agency took place in just the past few years, since the current administration began. And it is not Republicans on the Hill or conservatives in the press who have revealed the agency as badly managed, political in its actions, and really quite crazily run. That information, or at least the early outlines of it, came from the agency’s own inspector general."

    Fortress IRS: Agency stonewalling could permanently harm Americans’ faith in government.

    That faith in government is only held by a rapidly diminishing number of folks I'd reckon...

  13. #738
    Pronce. PH said so AGAIN!
    slackula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a slipping mask of sanity in Phuket.
    Posts
    9,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee
    Pretty stunning graphic I'd say..
    Isn't the IRS bound by law to keep tax records confidential?

  14. #739
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    Quote Originally Posted by quimbian corholla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee
    Pretty stunning graphic I'd say..
    Isn't the IRS bound by law to keep tax records confidential?
    Yes they are but that graphic is on about the docs congressional investigators are subpoena-ing.

  15. #740
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Posts
    43,765
    Remember the Obama Scandals? That Used to Be a Thing
    By Jonathan Chait

    U.S. President Barack Obama approaches the podium to make a statement on the situation regarding the Internal Revenue Service May 15, 2013 at the East Room of the White House in Washington, DC. Obama had a meeting with Senior Treasury Officials, including Treasury Secretary Jack Lew via telephone, on the situation regarding the Internal Revenue Service.

    Sifting through the Republican responses to President Obama’s climate speech Tuesday, an odd omission could be found — or, at least, it would have seemed odd as recently as a week or two ago. The various Republican statements churned out for the media dutifully denounced the president as a job-killing, coal-hating, stealth-taxing liberal. See Mitch McConnell , John Boehner , Rand Paul , Orrin Hatch , the National Republican Senatorial Committee via spokesblogger Jennifer Rubin , and any others you care to Google on your own. The word that never appears in any of them is scandal. Not a one of them claimed Obama was attempting to distract America from his scandals.

    It is not that Republicans have previously shied away from bringing “scandal” in to putatively unrelated Obama doings. The existence of a presidential “scandal” can be inferred when the opposition party — and both parties do this — attempts to tie the scandal to anything the president does or does not do. Republicans have previously defined as attempts to distract from the scandal such disparate Obama actions as nominating judges , proposing to reduce student loans , visiting the Jersey Shore , and defending the use of drones . That is to say, basically everything Obama has done since the dawn of the Obama scandal era about seven weeks ago. If the president can give a major speech without either the opposition or the new media accusing him of attempting to distract from the scandal, then the scandal is over.

    Do you remember how all-consuming the “Obama scandals” once were? This was a turn of events so dramatic it defined Obama’s entire second term — he was “waylaid by controversies ,” or at least “seriously off track ,” “beset by scandals ,” enduring a “second-term curse ,” the prospect of “endless scandals ,” Republicans “beginning to write his legislative obituary ,” and Washington had “turned on Obama .” A ritualistic media grilling of Jay Carney, featuring the ritualistic comparisons of him to Nixon press secretary Ron Ziegler, sanctified the impression of guilt.

    It has come and gone, having left barely a trace. To be sure, the Obama scandals live on in the conservative world, where the evidence of deep corruption and venality grows stronger and stronger. But that is merely the confirmation of suspicions of “Chicago politics,” ACORN and so on, that predate recent events and don’t require any particular facts to survive.

    The IRS scandal is instructive. The most damning moment of the episode was the first day, when the IRS disclosed that it applied one-sided scrutiny to conservative political organizations seeking tax-exempt status. “Obama Supporter Has Perfectly Improbable Explanation Absolving President From Blame For Scandals,” mocked The Onion . Jon Stewart lost his shit.

    But then the IRS inspector general, a Republican, reported that the entire program came from within the agency, with no direction at all from Obama or any members of his team. It was just an agency scandal. Subsequent revelations have made the matter look even more benign. Apparently, the agency also targeted liberal groups for possible violations, using terms like progressive to flag political groups. In other words, there may be no scandal here at all. The IRS was looking to make sure political groups weren’t abusing the tax code by pretending to be nonpolitical, and it tried to search for such abuses by using terms like tea party and progressive that would signal partisanship.

    Why did we think the agency was targeting only conservatives? Because apparently Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, ordered the agency to audit its treatment of tea-party groups, and only tea-party groups. The IRS dutifully reported it was indeed targeting tea-party groups; everybody assumed it was doing no such thing to liberal groups. The IRS inspector general is defending its probe, but the IRS's flagging of conservative groups seems, at worst, to be marginally stricter than its flagging of liberal groups, not the one-sided political witch hunt portrayed by early reports.

    What about the rest of the scandals? Well, there aren’t any, and there never were. Benghazi is a case of a bunch of confused agencies caught up in a fast-moving story trying to coordinate talking points. The ever-shifting third leg of the Obama scandal trifecta — Obama’s prosecution of leaks, or use of the National Security Agency — is not a scandal at all. It’s a policy controversy. One can argue that Obama’s policy stance is wrong, or dangerous, or a threat to democracy. But when the president is carrying out duly passed laws and acting at every stage with judicial approval, then the issue is the laws themselves, not misconduct.

    The whole Obama scandal episode is a classic creation of a “narrative” — the stitching together of unrelated data points into a story. What actually happened is this: House Republicans passed a twisted account of a hearing to ABC’s Jonathan Karl, who misleadingly claimed to have seen it, creating the impression that the administration was caught in a major lie. Then the IRS story broke, which we now see was Republicans demanding a one-sided audit and thus producing the impression of one-sided treatment. In that context, legitimate controversies over Obama’s civil-rights policies became the “three Obama scandals,” exposing a government panopticon, if not a Nixonian administration bent on revenge.

    The collapse of the Benghazi story happened very quickly, when Jake Tapper’s reporting found that Karl had peddled a bogus story. (It’s notable that the only misconduct in both the Benghazi and the IRS stories was committed by House Republicans.) But the scandal cloud lingered through the still-extant IRS scandal, which in turn lent the scandal odor to the civil-liberties dispute.

    Now that the IRS scandal has turned into a Darrell Issa scandal, we’re left with … an important dispute over domestic surveillance, which has nothing to do with scandal at all. The entire scandal narrative was an illusion.
    The Obama Scandals Used to Be a Thing -- Daily Intelligencer

  16. #741
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    ^
    Why are we not surprised that the Lamestream Media is rolling out a propaganda offensive to attempt to discredit the Obama Scandals and the IRS one in particular!

    Mebe it's because the tentacles have reached into Big White?


    The Daily Intelligencer?

  17. #742
    Pronce. PH said so AGAIN!
    slackula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a slipping mask of sanity in Phuket.
    Posts
    9,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee
    Why are we not surprised that the Lamestream Media is rolling out a propaganda offensive to attempt to discredit the Obama Scandals and the IRS one in particular!

    Mebe it's because the tentacles have reached into Big White?
    So the absence of a scandal is proof that the scandal reaches to the White House? As soon as you can provide evidence of that then all who believe it is simply republican shennanigans will have to eat a slice of crow pie won't they.

    Hop to it!

  18. #743
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Posts
    43,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    ^
    Why are we not surprised that the Lamestream Media is rolling out a propaganda offensive to attempt to discredit the Obama Scandals and the IRS one in particular!

    Mebe it's because the tentacles have reached into Big White?


    The Daily Intelligencer?
    One paragraph sums it up:

    The whole Obama scandal episode is a classic creation of a “narrative” — the stitching together of unrelated data points into a story. What actually happened is this: House Republicans passed a twisted account of a hearing to ABC’s Jonathan Karl, who misleadingly claimed to have seen it, creating the impression that the administration was caught in a major lie. Then the IRS story broke, which we now see was Republicans demanding a one-sided audit and thus producing the impression of one-sided treatment. In that context, legitimate controversies over Obama’s civil-rights policies became the “three Obama scandals,” exposing a government panopticon, if not a Nixonian administration bent on revenge.
    Republicans' shameful lies are being exposed time and time again. And the more they do it, the more people will realise they are the ones obstructing the political process with vindictive and pointless witchhunts backed by the sort of lies you post with monotonous regularity,

    Next?

  19. #744
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    The IRS Scandal, Day 79



    Well, maybe a little Voo Doo will get the Scandal(s) moving!

  20. #745
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    Those who keep saying there’s no scandal here need to acknowledge that the IRS admitted targeting conservative groups months ago...

  21. #746
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Posts
    43,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    Those who keep saying there’s no scandal here need to acknowledge that the IRS admitted targeting conservative groups months ago...
    Reading isn't one of your strong points, is it?

    Why did we think the agency was targeting only conservatives? Because apparently Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, ordered the agency to audit its treatment of tea-party groups, and only tea-party groups. The IRS dutifully reported it was indeed targeting tea-party groups; everybody assumed it was doing no such thing to liberal groups. The IRS inspector general is defending its probe, but the IRS's flagging of conservative groups seems, at worst, to be marginally stricter than its flagging of liberal groups, not the one-sided political witch hunt portrayed by early reports.
    There is no scandal here. Your masters are deceiving you.


  22. #747
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    ^Small beer.

    IRS SCANDAL UPDATE:

    “The IRS subjected conservative groups already granted tax-exempt status to additional scrutiny during the 2012 election cycle, House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) charged on Monday. Issa called on a Treasury watchdog already looking into the IRS to investigate the matter, and signaled he would expand his committee’s probe into improper targeting of political groups given the new revelations. . . . Issa specifically questioned whether the IRS had a “systematic” plan in place to automatically review conservative groups several years after granting an exemption. He said that interviews with 18 IRS employees indicated that at least some Tea Party groups were referred to the unit that conducted follow-up scrutiny.”

    This Scandal is far from concluded as we've noted. It's tentacles now reach into Big White as previously mentioned and the stonewlling/deflecting is in overdrive.

  23. #748
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Posts
    43,765
    You live in dreamland mate, this "scandal" only exists in the minds of foaming-at-the-mouth Fox News viewers and the airheads that preach to them.

    And all you've done in that last post is confirm what was said in the one before it!


  24. #749
    Pronce. PH said so AGAIN!
    slackula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a slipping mask of sanity in Phuket.
    Posts
    9,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee
    Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) charged on Monday
    Issa seems extremely fond of charging things. Too bad for him that so far they aren't sticking.

  25. #750
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,777
    Quote Originally Posted by quimbian corholla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee
    Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) charged on Monday
    Issa seems extremely fond of charging things. Too bad for him that so far they aren't sticking.

    first of all, it should read, "issa (r-CA) whined on monday". he's a bumbling incompetent that is obsessed with whether or not he's getting the respect he thinks he deserves.

    it's really difficult to determine who's more incompetent...boehner or issa.

    all boehner needs to do is count votes and pass legislation....and he's proven time and again that he can't do either.

    (from a purely partisan perspective) all issa needs to do find evidence of wrong doing in the WH and not overplay his hand...and he can't do either.

    this breed of republican (2002- present) is just not fit to govern.

    if these dopes allow a govt. shutdown this fall pelosi's got a great shot at getting back the gavel.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •