Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    03-04-2012 @ 08:40 AM
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    67

    Question Coming to Krabi next month - need a good hotel in Ao Nang (help?)

    Trip is back on again after postponing it last November due to the floods. We'll be there in mid-February and doing a 4 night excursion to Krabi. Specifically Ao Nang, as it sounds like the type of place suitable for the company I'll have in tow. (Filipina wife, mother-in-law, friend w/ his Filipina wife too)

    Problem is, I've yet to book a hotel down there. I just spent the better part of 3 or 4 hours scouring through customer reviews on TripAdvisor and of the few places that sounded good (and in our price range), there were no rooms left for our dates. One of those being The Vogue Resort & Spa.

    Anyone here have an inside tip on someplace we might have overlooked? Getting short on time now...

    thanks!

  2. #2
    ความสุขในอีสาน
    nigelandjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Frinton on sea and Ban Pak
    Posts
    12,907
    I have stayed at Wannas place , it made the gf smile I was with at the time as it was her name , bit cheesy I know but got the desired results

    We had a villa very nice indeed but they also have a block of hotel rooms , just over the road tucked back a bit from the beach , very central for everything .
    I'm proud of my 38" waist , also proud I have never done drugs

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    03-04-2012 @ 08:40 AM
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelandjan View Post
    I have stayed at Wannas place , it made the gf smile I was with at the time as it was her name , bit cheesy I know but got the desired results

    We had a villa very nice indeed but they also have a block of hotel rooms , just over the road tucked back a bit from the beach , very central for everything .

    Awesome suggestion. Thanks man!

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:03 PM
    Posts
    25,907
    Ive stayed a Wannas Place 3 times so far.

    Brilliant location opposite the beach, good breakfast , great little bungalows, nice pool and long term Farang Thai owners.

    The farang guy has been there since the get go when Krabi had only a few bungalows scattered around and no beach front road so he gets my respect.

    Request the Bungalows and not the hotel block.

    Good choice indeed.
    Stroller is a Yerman faggot.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    03-04-2012 @ 08:40 AM
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57 View Post
    Ive stayed a Wannas Place 3 times so far.

    Brilliant location opposite the beach, good breakfast , great little bungalows, nice pool and long term Farang Thai owners.

    The farang guy has been there since the get go when Krabi had only a few bungalows scattered around and no beach front road so he gets my respect.

    Request the Bungalows and not the hotel block.

    Good choice indeed.

    Wanna's Place looks like it's changing to Luxury lifestyle resort - Good Bye Wannas Place & Andaman Sunset , Welcome The L Resort Krabi

    And the rooms were booked solid for my dates anyway.

    So we ended up choosing, Mercure Deevana, which was rated #3 of hotels in Ao Nang on Trip Advisor.....got the twin room for $61/night.

    Thanks again for the help

  6. #6
    ความสุขในอีสาน
    nigelandjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Frinton on sea and Ban Pak
    Posts
    12,907
    Oh well its good you've booked mate because it gets very busy there and I've seen many turn up on spec and not able to get an aircon room.

    BTW if you walk along the front with the police box on your left as you turn up the hill about the 4th cafe you come to on the left up some steep steps you can get served by one of the mincest x dressers I've ever come across la la !

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:03 PM
    Posts
    25,907
    ^^

    It was only a matter of time before Wannas morphed into an full on upmarket resort, they got the best location on the strip In my opinion.

    Just checked out there new prices . ??????????????

    Looks like I wont be staying there again.

  8. #8
    sabaii sabaii
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fareastcoastmover
    So we ended up choosing, Mercure Deevana,
    Great choice mate, I've stayed at the one in Bangkok, immaculate, great service, lovely rooms, although they want 400 baht a night WiFi.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    03-04-2012 @ 08:40 AM
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by sabaii sabaii View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fareastcoastmover
    So we ended up choosing, Mercure Deevana,
    Great choice mate, I've stayed at the one in Bangkok, immaculate, great service, lovely rooms, although they want 400 baht a night WiFi.

    That's good to hear.

    But 400 baht/night wifi? You mean they charge 400 extra to use the wifi? Hmmm, wonder if that's the case at the one in Krabi too.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •