Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    crocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    26-10-2017 @ 09:16 AM
    Location
    6ft from the telly
    Posts
    2,156

    Crocs' Dive Pics

    While in Phuket in April I booked a days diving through Nautilus dive in Kata Beach.Pretty sure they just on-booked me as I ended up on a South Seas dive boat with a South Seas dive master called Phil who was a great guide.

    Dive Boat


    The day was comprised of three dives,King Cruiser,Shark Point and Koh Doc Mai.







    The photo above was taken the day the King Cruiser,a ferry,sank in calm waters with no loss of life or injury,strangely just two days before the insurance ran out.

    The rest of these pics were taken at the three sites I dived.I'm really up on the names of all the fish but I will do my best

    One of the boats toilets being guarded by a Lionfish








    Me coming out of the hull






    These next ones are from Shark Point.

    Leopard Shark.






    Chevron Barracuda,these buggers spooked me a bit as some other divers accidentally headed them my way which crowded them and stirred them up a bit.



    they were a decent size.



    Devilfish or as I like to call it.....mother in law fish



    A small Bamboo Shark having a snooze.



    Last up was a dive at Doc Mai which had a current running but wasn't too bad if you kept close to the wall.

    Clownfish



    Twat fish



    I think these are called painted clown shrimp?



    Cute little bugger





    These are some nudibranchs.





    Hanging on to the wall doing my safety stop.


    It was a great day diving with generally pretty good vis.Seeing the Leopard shark was a great buzz and as long as people don't mess with them they will stick around and not move on.There are a couple of small caves to enter at Doc Mai but not a lot to see in there.

    Would definitely recommend these dives to others and also recommend Phil and South Sea divers.It was a well equipped and well run boat with good facilities and food.

    Cheers.
    You're fat,Ill fro you in the river

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    CNF55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:30 PM
    Location
    Cha Am
    Posts
    2,231
    Great pictures - really like the one of the Clown fish.

  3. #3
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    30-05-2014 @ 10:48 PM
    Posts
    2,630
    Superb photos. I love the devil fish shot, never seen one of those before. Thanks for posting them up.

  4. #4
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:19 PM
    Posts
    26,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberlour
    I love the devil fish shot
    Same here. Great thread Croc.

  5. #5
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:30 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    25,901
    Great thread, thanks.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    crocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    26-10-2017 @ 09:16 AM
    Location
    6ft from the telly
    Posts
    2,156
    ^+^^They are a freaky looking fish,I'm not sure but I think they are related to the scorpion fish.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    22,681
    Nice photos. I like the nudibranches. They are so odd looking and colorful.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    beerlaodrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:03 PM
    Location
    vientiane
    Posts
    5,797
    great stuff crocman, ive had heaps of opportunitys to try diving but for some reason never got around to it kicking myself now. i should of got amongst it when i was in the philippines, they reckon once you try it your hooked, Divers i met raved about it and couldnt understand why anyone wouldnt try it, next time

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    crocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    26-10-2017 @ 09:16 AM
    Location
    6ft from the telly
    Posts
    2,156
    Quote Originally Posted by beerlaodrinker View Post
    great stuff crocman, ive had heaps of opportunitys to try diving but for some reason never got around to it kicking myself now. i should of got amongst it when i was in the philippines, they reckon once you try it your hooked, Divers i met raved about it and couldnt understand why anyone wouldnt try it, next time
    Can highly recommend it BLD.Shame you didn't have a go in Boracay as there are some good sites around there.Give it a go soon you will love it.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    beerlaodrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:03 PM
    Location
    vientiane
    Posts
    5,797
    the wife wants to know if you have a recipe for those painted clown shrimp ?

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    Albert Shagnastier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    22-03-2015 @ 09:09 PM
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    7,166
    Great pictures mate.

    Devilfish - say it ain't so - that's bringing on a serious flashback.

  12. #12
    Hansum Man!
    panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    22-03-2016 @ 01:08 PM
    Location
    South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    18,507
    Excellent, thank you.

    What kind of camera did you use as mine never turn out as well

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    SiLeakHunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    30-10-2017 @ 09:57 PM
    Location
    Koh Tannga
    Posts
    1,719
    looks ace mate, do they have any bars down there ?

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    23-06-2014 @ 11:30 PM
    Posts
    1,235
    Great pictures. How deep was the wreck? And how expensive was the dive? I am starting to look for a location for my next dive.

    Thanks,

    RickThai

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    07-01-2017 @ 09:16 AM
    Posts
    318
    Great pictures Crocman, brings back good memories as I haven't dove for about 3 yrs.

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat poorfalang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Online
    27-09-2017 @ 11:55 AM
    Location
    in the sticks
    Posts
    1,423
    Thanks for sharing, nice pictures indeed

    is that Harrybarracuda on the pic number 7?

  17. #17
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,087
    Quote Originally Posted by crocman View Post
    Hanging on to the wall doing my safety stop.
    Lovely shots......but, Dude!!!!

  18. #18
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,087
    Quote Originally Posted by crocman View Post



    I think these are called painted clown shrimp?


    I think hinge-beak or camel shrimp (sometiimes also called dancinng shrimp)

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    crocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    26-10-2017 @ 09:16 AM
    Location
    6ft from the telly
    Posts
    2,156
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crocman View Post
    Hanging on to the wall doing my safety stop.
    Lovely shots......but, Dude!!!!
    Mate the croc never claimed to be Hansum man.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    crocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    26-10-2017 @ 09:16 AM
    Location
    6ft from the telly
    Posts
    2,156
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai View Post
    Great pictures. How deep was the wreck? And how expensive was the dive? I am starting to look for a location for my next dive.

    Thanks,

    RickThai
    The wheelhouse is at 18 metres,while the wreck bottoms out at 33 metres.Its a pretty good dive as you can fin through the hull and have a poke around.The vis that day was about 10-15 metres and on that dive we were down for 40 minutes.

    If I remember correctly it cost me B4000 for a full day with transfers to and from the hotel,3 dives with full gear hire,lunch and plenty of water or soft drinks.

    Hope that helps Rick.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    crocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    26-10-2017 @ 09:16 AM
    Location
    6ft from the telly
    Posts
    2,156
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLeakHunt View Post
    looks ace mate, do they have any bars down there ?
    Yeah sure is.There is a wet bar on the King Cruiser but the joint was empty when I was there,rumour has it the patrons were drying out.

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat Bobcock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,843
    Always one pedant but....

    Lovely shark shot but it is not a leopard shark (which is a member of the houndshark family), it is a Zebra or Zebra Nurse Shark which is a type of Carpet Shark.

    They've been incorrectly label;ling them as leopard sharks in Phuket for years, even in books, but a leopard shark looks like this and is a native of the eastern Pacific from Oregon down to Baja California, common in the sea of Cortez.



    I gave up telling them, after you prove to someone the facts and 5 minutes later they say it wrong again you realise it's pointless.

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    crocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    26-10-2017 @ 09:16 AM
    Location
    6ft from the telly
    Posts
    2,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcock View Post
    Always one pedant but....

    Lovely shark shot but it is not a leopard shark (which is a member of the houndshark family), it is a Zebra or Zebra Nurse Shark which is a type of Carpet Shark.

    They've been incorrectly label;ling them as leopard sharks in Phuket for years, even in books, but a leopard shark looks like this and is a native of the eastern Pacific from Oregon down to Baja California, common in the sea of Cortez.



    I gave up telling them, after you prove to someone the facts and 5 minutes later they say it wrong again you realise it's pointless.
    As I said not really up on the fishy name thing,but thank you for the correction and I promise not to forget.

    But still, why would you name something that has spots after something that is striped?

  24. #24
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,087
    Quote Originally Posted by crocman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crocman View Post
    Hanging on to the wall doing my safety stop.
    Lovely shots......but, Dude!!!!
    Mate the croc never claimed to be Hansum man.
    Sorry, thnk you misunderstood - holding on doing a safety stop - tut tut.

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat Bobcock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,843
    Quote Originally Posted by crocman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcock View Post
    Always one pedant but....

    Lovely shark shot but it is not a leopard shark (which is a member of the houndshark family), it is a Zebra or Zebra Nurse Shark which is a type of Carpet Shark.

    They've been incorrectly label;ling them as leopard sharks in Phuket for years, even in books, but a leopard shark looks like this and is a native of the eastern Pacific from Oregon down to Baja California, common in the sea of Cortez.



    I gave up telling them, after you prove to someone the facts and 5 minutes later they say it wrong again you realise it's pointless.
    As I said not really up on the fishy name thing,but thank you for the correction and I promise not to forget.

    But still, why would you name something that has spots after something that is striped?
    That is a very good question.... and I can't answer that....LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •