Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    23-06-2014 @ 11:30 PM
    Posts
    1,235

    Waiting for my SSI Card

    Hello All,

    I finished my SSI Open Water with Big Blue Diving on 3 Jan of this year. Unfortunately, (due to the New Year's Holiday, I expect), my SSI certification card wasn't ready by the morning of the 4th when I had to leave Koh Tao. My instructor (a really decent chap named Ant), assured myself and a couple of others who where also in this predicument, that the cards would be mailed to our home addresses.

    It is now the end of January and I still don't have my SSI certification card. I e-mailed Big Blue Diving about when I could expect my certification card and received a reply that my request was passed along to the manager.

    Has anyone else ever had a problem getting the certification paperwork after they have left the island?

    I will keep eveyone posted on how this turns out.

    Regards,

    RickThai

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    crocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    26-10-2017 @ 09:16 AM
    Location
    6ft from the telly
    Posts
    2,156
    Not sure about SSI but I did my advanced open water with PADI and didn't receive my card for about two months.They did however issue me with a temporary card which covered me for 90days.Did you receive anything similar?

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    23-06-2014 @ 11:30 PM
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by crocman View Post
    Not sure about SSI but I did my advanced open water with PADI and didn't receive my card for about two months.They did however issue me with a temporary card which covered me for 90days.Did you receive anything similar?
    Nope. I was just told by my instructor that the card would be mailed to me. I haven't yet received a reply from the manager, as of today.

    I will try and remain positive though.

    Thanks for responding.

    Rick

  4. #4
    Philippine Expat
    Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    16,150
    Patience. I am certified through Master Scuba Diver with Padi, and every one of my cards took a long time to arrive - up to a couple of months if I recall correctly (it's been a while).

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,084
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai
    My instructor (a really decent chap named Ant), assured myself and a couple of others who where also in this predicument, that the cards would be mailed to our home addresses.
    He didnt tell you he was a lawyer as well did he ?

  6. #6
    Gohills flip-flops wearer
    withnallstoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:01 PM
    Location
    The Felcher Memorial Home.
    Posts
    14,247
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai
    Has anyone else ever had a problem getting the certification paperwork after they have left the island?
    I still haven't recieved my divemaster card, despite having everything signed off on November 31st 2004.
    I'm going back to Tao next month and intend to give them some shit.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    23-06-2014 @ 11:30 PM
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by withnallstoke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai
    Has anyone else ever had a problem getting the certification paperwork after they have left the island?
    I still haven't recieved my divemaster card, despite having everything signed off on November 31st 2004.
    I'm going back to Tao next month and intend to give them some shit.
    Wow, you must be one paitent guy to way 8 years!

    I got an e-mail from my instructor who stated that I should be getting the card in a few weeks, as they have the correct address and so forth.

    (Although it is somewhat strange that some of the people got their cards prior to leaving the island - a two or three day turnaround).

    Still, I will remain positive.

    Rick

  8. #8
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,087
    Looks like you can check here to see if the card has been issued-

    https://www.divessi.com/online_diver_check

  9. #9
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton View Post
    Patience. I am certified through Master Scuba Diver with Padi, and every one of my cards took a long time to arrive - up to a couple of months if I recall correctly (it's been a while).
    Master Scuba Diver on tao?

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    23-06-2014 @ 11:30 PM
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    Looks like you can check here to see if the card has been issued-

    https://www.divessi.com/online_diver_check
    Thanks a bunch. I checked and they do have my info (and card) registered.

    I guess it's just waiting for the mail.

    Thanks again, I feel much better now.

    Rick

  11. #11
    Philippine Expat
    Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    16,150
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton View Post
    Patience. I am certified through Master Scuba Diver with Padi, and every one of my cards took a long time to arrive - up to a couple of months if I recall correctly (it's been a while).
    Master Scuba Diver on tao?
    No. Red Sea in Saudi.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    23-06-2014 @ 11:30 PM
    Posts
    1,235
    Just an update, my instructor from Big Blue has gotten back to me twice on my SSI card. Apparently, SSI has the information and it is just a matter of time before they post it.

    My instructor has really been prompt and responsive to my e-mails. I couldn't ask for anything more.

    Regards,

    RickThai

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    23-06-2014 @ 11:30 PM
    Posts
    1,235
    Finally received my card a couple of days ago (19 FEB 2013). Now I am a happy camper and can whole-heartedly recommend Big Blue Diving (except for the part where they (knob named Luke) make you give them your passport or a credit card to hold for possible room damages- Got my card back without any charges).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •