Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:00 PM
    Posts
    304

    Decent roast lamb dinner

    Does anyone know of a restaurant in the south of the island what serves a decent roast lamb meal, preferably one that serves Thai food at the same time as my wife does not like roast lamb, if possible Nai Harn/ Rawai/Chalong area

  2. #2
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Posts
    58,129
    Isn't that godawful pretentious pub called The Green Man still there? I'm sure they do it.

    Probably costs Bt999 with one chip or something.

  3. #3
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    04-08-2012 @ 01:09 AM
    Posts
    2,589
    It's not Phuket but I had a lovely Roast Lamb dinner with mint sauce in The Bulls Tavern in Hua Hin yesterday, only 250 baht too, absolute bargain.
    I will be back

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    crocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    19-05-2019 @ 03:26 PM
    Location
    6ft from the telly
    Posts
    2,162
    O'tooles in Karon do a good roast from memory and a not bad English.

  5. #5
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    04-08-2012 @ 01:09 AM
    Posts
    2,589
    Why didn't you have your Sunday Dinner on a Sunday ?

    There's a good few Rawai bars and restauarant reviews on here

    restaurants/bars



    The Islander (Rawai) Is a British run restaurant/Bar that serves the best British Sunday Roast We have had away from the UK. It has a good selection of western and thai dishes and is real home cooking. A lovely couple from the UK that run the place and always make you feel very welcome. Good prices.
    Location: Rawai
    Open daily 14:00-00.00

  6. #6
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:00 PM
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Isn't that godawful pretentious pub called The Green Man still there? I'm sure they do it.

    Probably costs Bt999 with one chip or something.
    Yes still there and still has the same owner i think
    Used to keep the staff tips and feed them the leftovers to them instead
    claiming he supplied them with food
    A long time since we have been there but the last time i was there his pitbull dog broke into a pet rabbits cage and killed it, of coarse it was the rabbits fault in his opinion

    I think he still does a roast on Sundays which is not to bad but i will not be returning to find out

  7. #7
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:00 PM
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwang View Post
    Why didn't you have your Sunday Dinner on a Sunday ?

    There's a good few Rawai bars and restauarant reviews on here

    restaurants/bars



    The Islander (Rawai) Is a British run restaurant/Bar that serves the best British Sunday Roast We have had away from the UK. It has a good selection of western and thai dishes and is real home cooking. A lovely couple from the UK that run the place and always make you feel very welcome. Good prices.
    Location: Rawai
    Open daily 14:00-00.00
    Checked out the Islander a while back but they do not do Thai food anymore just western food, the quality of food varies a lot in the same restaurants here especially when the owners change

  8. #8
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Posts
    58,129
    It used to be full of pompous "semi-retired" fellers who work in "import/export".

    Pretentious knobs, most of them. Yachts in the marina, that kind of thing. Over-made-up mutton dressed as lamb sheilas with them as well.

    *Shudder*

    Mind you that's why they got away with charging such ridiculous prices.

  9. #9
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:00 PM
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwang View Post
    It's not Phuket but I had a lovely Roast Lamb dinner with mint sauce in The Bulls Tavern in Hua Hin yesterday, only 250 baht too, absolute bargain.
    I will be back
    most charge 350 to 400 baht and not very good with very little meat
    Looks like back to Makro for a leg of New Zealand lamb cheaper here than Australian lamb is in Australia, about half the price of other retail outlets here

  10. #10
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:00 PM
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    It used to be full of pompous "semi-retired" fellers who work in "import/export".

    Pretentious knobs, most of them. Yachts in the marina, that kind of thing. Over-made-up mutton dressed as lamb sheilas with them as well.

    *Shudder*

    Mind you that's why they got away with charging such ridiculous prices.
    Has not changed up to 2 years ago anyway, still the same mob ex big white bawana types, full of bullshit and think they are superior to Thai people
    The term wankers really does describe them

  11. #11
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:00 PM
    Posts
    304
    Bought a leg of New Zealand lamb at Makro yesterday 275 baht or $9 a kilo
    got them to cut it into 2 pieces enough meat for 7 roast dinners not being skimpy with the meat

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •