Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    22-04-2019 @ 12:55 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,611

    Food delivery in Mabprachan

    Right ho Neighbours - pissing down with rain, car-less for a week and rather some little lad got wet on a bike than me, so who knows which places deliver food and which is good? The mrs prefers Thai, and I don't really care. Any ideas? Or will I have to eat a tin of beans and a half packet of stale biscuits the stunning girl at Nana deli sold me a couple of days ago.
    Originally Posted by bsnub "No wonder I drive a tesla"

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    23-10-2014 @ 05:31 PM
    Posts
    1,201
    Could always send the missus to get wet ?

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    22-04-2019 @ 12:55 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,611
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Fella View Post
    Could always send the missus to get wet ?
    Oooo Errrrr Missus

    She's wet enough already.

    Anyway, getting hungry so unless you are going to bring me my dinner round,,,,

  4. #4
    Lord of Swine
    Necron99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Nahkon Sawon
    Posts
    13,025
    It's well know delivery drivers spit in food orders for farangs.
    Just go hungry.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    22-04-2019 @ 12:55 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,611
    Adds flavour. Besides, I would get the Mrs to phone and order. Just hope the club sandwich and "none of the fucking thai filth" order doesn't tip them off.

    Anyway - you live in bumfuck north Bangkok and won't help with the onset of my hungry anger.

    Any pointers?

  6. #6
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Posts
    28,173
    So you live in the Mabprachan area?

    There is one guy that does decent Indian food that delivers on Siam Country Club road not far from the CC Bar and Andy in Smarty's Bar also delivers if you ask him to do so. Nice Cottage Pie and other decent pub grub.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    22-04-2019 @ 12:55 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,611
    Nice action- had a few Curries from Food + Fresh Tandori and not had the trots, but the Mrs wants something a little more to her palate tonight. Will leave the Smarty's bar tip for a time when I can go and collect something and spend some time there (hoping she will not know). Rain stopped now so crisis over..... sending her out on the bike to get the grub in.

    However.......When did Churchils close? And is it reallyh only old knackers in The biutterfly?

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    18-05-2019 @ 01:47 PM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,810
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus
    And is it reallyh only old knackers in The biutterfly?
    Yes, and the birds that work there are nowt special either.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    22-04-2019 @ 12:55 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,611
    I think I might do a thread exploring all of the bars in the area - more up to date, as all the information out there is ancient.

  10. #10
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Posts
    28,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgen
    Yes, and the birds that work there are nowt special either.
    Still not a bad place to drop in for a cold beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus
    I think I might do a thread exploring all of the bars in the area - more up to date, as all the information out there is ancient.
    Good idea mate but you will need transport as they are spread far and wide.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    22-04-2019 @ 12:55 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,611
    Theres one rotund girl working there with a broad manchester accent. All very weird. After I stuck my head in and then bolted before the heffer waddling towards me grabbed me, the manc caught me outside and said we could have a beer out there and she would rub my leg if I wanted. I didn;t lol

  12. #12
    Member jumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    04-11-2018 @ 12:59 PM
    Posts
    239
    See the Fisherman's doing a few takeaways, the food was not so good the last time I was there about 2 weeks ago.

  13. #13
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Posts
    28,173
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo
    See the Fisherman's doing a few takeaways, the food was not so good the last time I was there about 2 weeks ago.
    I try to like their food but always am disappointed.

    The fish and chips and the beef stew served in the Drop in Bar run by Nigel is the best food around the lake by far.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    22-04-2019 @ 12:55 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,611
    The chippy is very good - even my mother was rather taken by them saying they were nearly as good as her local chippy which is praise indeed.

  15. #15
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Posts
    28,173
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus
    The chippy is very good - even my mother was rather taken by them saying they were nearly as good as her local chippy which is praise indeed.
    I've had a few good meals there and the next time I go there the food is almost inedible.

    Really raved the place up to the family and was let down badly with plates full of shite when I took them there.

    The Drop-in bars food has always been very good and it is almost next door to the Chippy.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    05-01-2014 @ 09:34 AM
    Posts
    98
    Loy Toy , You know there is only 1 place Route C.C. fullfil your needs & the wifes you pay for the motorbike taxi , Phone Kung 0870433905, many customers do this at C.C. & there taxi will remember where you live after the 1st delevery ,

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    22-04-2019 @ 12:55 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus
    The chippy is very good - even my mother was rather taken by them saying they were nearly as good as her local chippy which is praise indeed.
    I've had a few good meals there and the next time I go there the food is almost inedible.

    Really raved the place up to the family and was let down badly with plates full of shite when I took them there.

    The Drop-in bars food has always been very good and it is almost next door to the Chippy.
    Good point - the chippy does have a habit of refrying food; a couple of times I've ended up with a box of crap. However, when they get it right....it is very good. Not sure, but the Welsh blokes Mrs, young voluptuous girl seems to cook the best chips.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    22-04-2019 @ 12:55 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,611
    Quote Originally Posted by manpet View Post
    Loy Toy , You know there is only 1 place Route C.C. fullfil your needs & the wifes you pay for the motorbike taxi , Phone Kung 0870433905, many customers do this at C.C. & there taxi will remember where you live after the 1st delevery ,
    correct -I really need to get into CC and have a look. A little bit busy though trying to get round all the beer bars as well though for research purposes.

    Here is one thing I don't understand. You go into a bar. There are 10 ladies working. You are mid 30's. 7 of the girls are over 40, and 3 young. Mamasan send over an old stinker to try and coax drinks out of you. What is the point? Send the young ones not the ropey old birds.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    18-05-2019 @ 01:47 PM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,810
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus
    Here is one thing I don't understand. You go into a bar. There are 10 ladies working. You are mid 30's. 7 of the girls are over 40, and 3 young. Mamasan send over an old stinker to try and coax drinks out of you. What is the point? Send the young ones not the ropey old birds.
    Try having a shower.

    Never happens to me but I am handsome, apparently.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    22-04-2019 @ 12:55 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus
    Here is one thing I don't understand. You go into a bar. There are 10 ladies working. You are mid 30's. 7 of the girls are over 40, and 3 young. Mamasan send over an old stinker to try and coax drinks out of you. What is the point? Send the young ones not the ropey old birds.
    Try having a shower.

    Never happens to me but I am handsome, apparently.
    well I was straight out of the pool in another place, so I guess I didn't smell that bad.

    reminds me of Hong Kong in the freelancer night clubs. some crackers to be had but first you needed to tell all the fuglies to go away as they pounced on you as soon as you were in the door.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    18-05-2019 @ 01:47 PM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,810
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus
    well I was straight out of the pool in another place
    Not the Black Pearl 2/White Oyster I hope ??

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    22-04-2019 @ 12:55 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus
    well I was straight out of the pool in another place
    Not the Black Pearl 2/White Oyster I hope ??
    Nope - another place.

    By the way, What's Black Hole (ex titty twister) like? worth the jaunt?

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    18-05-2019 @ 01:47 PM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,810
    Never been. Aqua Dynamo is worth a look though.

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    22-04-2019 @ 12:55 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,611
    Now I am not a biker - only just learning to ride one of the damn death machines right now. however, the New Titty Twister looks a right laugh. They seem to be renovating with the pool looking like a swamp, and no "company" but the huge band area, and the sort of remoteness to it - I like it. Any one know if they ever have more than 2 customers? Black Hole is just menacing though - couple of nasty looking biker gang blokes on the door when I was about to venture in so did one instead.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •