Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    15-01-2019 @ 07:57 AM
    Location
    Ballarat Australia
    Posts
    1,330

    Udon Thani Residents

    We plan to be in Udon Thani early December, Any falang residents intersted in a beer and chat about living there.

  2. #2
    Member
    Aussie Tigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    05-12-2015 @ 06:03 PM
    Location
    udon thani thailand /Adelaide South Australia
    Posts
    958
    Do you play golf?? Lots of good guys up here Mozz to chat with.Happy if I

  3. #3
    Member
    Aussie Tigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    05-12-2015 @ 06:03 PM
    Location
    udon thani thailand /Adelaide South Australia
    Posts
    958
    Sorry not complete.I am off to Australia in two weeks but if you have any thing specific to ask then I will do my best to help or point you in the right direction.I have been a permanent in Udon Thani for the past year and love it.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozzbie47
    Any falang residents intersted in a beer and chat about living there.
    Go on - tell us your story then...

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    15-01-2019 @ 07:57 AM
    Location
    Ballarat Australia
    Posts
    1,330
    ^^ At the moment, my Thai wife and myself live in Australia, but we are looking to settle in Thailand somewhere. Our first thought is Nahkon Sawon, many say why Nahkon Sawon, it is SH--1--T, to each his own, besides, our family is near there, and we like it.
    My wife suggested we look at settleing in different area. After talking about many places, we decided Udon Thani reads like it might be worth a look. So we are going there in early December for a few days.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    Udon has an awful lot more going for it if you are a westerner. There is a nice collection of hassle-free bars and some decent restaurants. You can watch your preferred sport with like-minded people or even play it (if it's cricket or football).

    Udon is easy to get round and within minutes of leaving you're in the countryside.

    I really didn't want to leave Bangkok and live here, but now I'm glad I did.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    peterpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pleasantville
    Posts
    10,109
    Much the same for me, had to be dragged kicking and screaming from BKK, my image was of a bunch of old Pissheads waiting in the gods gate Que, certainly true for some but then again there are a lot of very decent types here.

  8. #8
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:11 AM
    Posts
    57,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozzbie47 View Post
    We plan to be in Udon Thani early December, Any falang residents intersted in a beer and chat about living there.
    If you say you're paying for the beers, you'll get every TD-er in a 50-mile radius. (And probably a few coming up from BKK and Patts).


  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan
    my image was of a bunch of old Pissheads waiting in the gods gate Que
    That's what it looks like outside Dtim's shop...

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    15-01-2019 @ 07:57 AM
    Location
    Ballarat Australia
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Tigger View Post
    Sorry not complete.I am off to Australia in two weeks but if you have any thing specific to ask then I will do my best to help or point you in the right direction.I have been a permanent in Udon Thani for the past year and love it.
    Thanx mate, dont play golf, i dont mind motor cycles, are there guys that have bikes? For starter's, we just want to spend a few days, have a look around, see if it's what we are looking for. From the feed back so far, it sounds like it's an OK place.
    Are home building blocks or established homes available in an ok area or without emptying a bank?
    It's unfortunate you will be in Ozz while we are there, would be good to catch up.
    With a bit of luck, l will be able to meet other, get some feed back, along with the where and where not go etc.

  11. #11
    Member
    Aussie Tigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    05-12-2015 @ 06:03 PM
    Location
    udon thani thailand /Adelaide South Australia
    Posts
    958
    Mozzie lots of options re housing,compared to our home countries prices are very inexpensive. Decent rentals available for example in estates around the 10-15000baht a month range. We bought a new three bedroom two storey home in Baan Hansa Estate just on the fringe about 5kms from the dead centre for approx 3 million baht (100,000 AUD).Situated 1km from the Ring Road and only a few kms from the Airport we feel we are ideally located.
    Lots of good guys around who I am sure would be happy to help you, Marmite has been here a long time and I'm sure could give you good advice.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozzbie47
    i dont mind motor cycles, are there guys that have bikes?
    There are a bunch of guys who ride here.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    15-01-2019 @ 07:57 AM
    Location
    Ballarat Australia
    Posts
    1,330
    Marmite, If it's ok with you, we would like to catch up in earlyish December, have a chat over a beer ? Anyone else more than wecome.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozzbie47
    Marmite, If it's ok with you, we would like to catch up in earlyish December, have a chat over a beer?
    Sure, just PM me when you get to town.


    Quote Originally Posted by Marmite the Dog
    There are a bunch of guys who ride here.
    Eagle Riders Udon Home

  15. #15
    Member drawp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Online
    22-05-2014 @ 12:53 PM
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    492
    I just recently stayed in Udon at the Saithong Resort, I wish I stayed more there, but its a really nice and has a lot for everyone. When I stayed in Yasothon I was bored out of mind, always wanted to take a trip to Mukdahan.. well not much better, it at least has better stuff than what I experienced in Loeng Nok Tha.

  16. #16
    Member
    Bob63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    18-05-2014 @ 02:32 AM
    Posts
    200
    I will be there too early december, of you dont mind I might join you guys.
    Mozzie, sounds like we have similar backgrounds - live abroad but plan to go to Udon for retirement. It is still some years off though.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    peterpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pleasantville
    Posts
    10,109
    To assist in identification when u want to meet up for a beer



    Marmite (above) and below is myself


  18. #18
    Member
    Bob63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    18-05-2014 @ 02:32 AM
    Posts
    200
    ^ Peterpan


    No worries, I am no beauty either.


    Just a guy looking for some farang company and good advice/talks.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob63
    Just a guy looking for some farang company and good advice/talks.
    I think me & Pete will have to try and find some normal people for you to talk to...

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    15-01-2019 @ 07:57 AM
    Location
    Ballarat Australia
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob63 View Post
    I will be there too early december, of you dont mind I might join you guys.
    Mozzie, sounds like we have similar backgrounds - live abroad but plan to go to Udon for retirement. It is still some years off though.
    Hi Bob, Going by the date you gave me in the PM, we will be on our way back to Ozz when you get to Udon, l will keep you posted. lf so, we will catch up another time mate.
    Maurie

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    15-01-2019 @ 07:57 AM
    Location
    Ballarat Australia
    Posts
    1,330
    Been to Thailand but didnt make it to Udon, diapointing, maybe next trip, thanx for the feed back anyway.

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    15-10-2016 @ 10:22 PM
    Posts
    3,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmite the Dog View Post
    Udon has an awful lot more going for it if you are a westerner. There is a nice collection of hassle-free bars and some decent restaurants. You can watch your preferred sport with like-minded people or even play it (if it's cricket or football).

    Udon is easy to get round and within minutes of leaving you're in the countryside.

    I really didn't want to leave Bangkok and live here, but now I'm glad I did.
    Question is, do they have orgies?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •