Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    18-05-2011 @ 10:12 PM
    Posts
    20

    Anyone living in Mukdahan?

    Will be moving there soon and would like to talk to someone with expierience living there?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    ding ding ding
    Spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,608
    Visited there a couple of times and it seems to be a similar vibe to where I live, Khon Kaen.
    Dont know much about it but there were plenty of cute Isaan shorties eyeing me up in the Pazza Hut in the main shopping centre, which was nice

  3. #3
    Special member
    jizzybloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    7,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin
    Pazza Hut
    Whats one of them then

  4. #4
    RIP
    klongmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Nonthaburi
    Posts
    4,382
    Quote Originally Posted by jizzybloke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin
    Pazza Hut
    Whats one of them then
    Isaan bar?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    06-05-2017 @ 07:08 PM
    Posts
    435
    Lovely town.Lived there for bout 6 months really layed back great people, never had any problems. Nice if you want to get away from the hussel and bussel of the city and there is loads to do. I would recomend it. PM me if you want any info on the place and i can put you in touch with a few people as well.

  6. #6
    Member ralphinlaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Online
    05-05-2010 @ 06:32 PM
    Location
    Thakhek, Laos
    Posts
    96
    So, soirunner, did you move to Mukdahan? Are you enjoying the city? I was there a couple of times and thought it was a nice, clean little place. I went to the international hospital there once; not much international about it, but o.k. - far better than anything we have in Laos. Someone on this thread already answered one of my questions (Is there a pizza hut at Tesco)? One more: I remember passing by a book-store downtown, do you know if they sell English language books? Has the bridge from Savannakhet had any effect on the town at all?

    Thanks, Ralph

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    21-06-2019 @ 07:23 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    30,807

  8. #8
    The Cat
    Bluecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    12-01-2011 @ 11:00 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,673
    I live there.
    A few weeks every year that is...

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    08-04-2013 @ 10:24 PM
    Posts
    2
    I have lived in Mukdahan for the past 1.5 year and really like it. I recently have gotten to know a young Thai lady who has a law degree from a university in BKK.
    Although I go home for a visit to Tokyo, but I intend to stay here with my lady friend who is originally from Amnot Charoen which is about 85km from Mukdahan.

    Please drop me a line if you have any question about this city.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    beerlaodrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:19 AM
    Location
    vientiane
    Posts
    6,493
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphinlaos
    Has the bridge from Savannakhet had any effect on the town at all?
    i pass through Mukdahan from time to time The bridge certainly makes it a lot faster, to get in and out of customs years ago we had to take the small ferry across the river, i think they still use it but only for locals now im told , Economically it looks like both savannakhett and Mukdahan are beneffiting from having it,

  11. #11
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    Interesting, and instinctive, as to how some design what is a worthy place to live, per the assigned points of what civilised might be.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    beerlaodrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:19 AM
    Location
    vientiane
    Posts
    6,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Surin
    what civilised might be.
    My idea of what civilized might be is quite simple , Access to Cold beer , A semi decent gaff to stay in , decent scran and a bit of eye candy

  13. #13
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    17-07-2014 @ 05:36 PM
    Posts
    2

    Mukdahan

    Quote Originally Posted by soirunner View Post
    Will be moving there soon and would like to talk to someone with expierience living there?
    Thanks
    Having first arrived in Pattaya Thailand in 2009 I thought what a great place to live, then for a couple of years commuting back and to from England and making a few acquaintances with Ex-Pats living there, soon the place started to lose its appeal.
    In-fighting back biting and bitching among themselves I thought im here for the quiet life and can get that sort of bollox in the UK.
    We decided to put down roots away from the coast and have built a small development in Isaan Mukdahan. Perfect for Visa runs, cheap, friendly with a slow pace to life, nothing that can be done tomorrow needs to be stressed about today.
    2 Rai of land next to the Mekong, 2 bedroom house, lots of fruit in the gardens - perfect. There is a small Ex-Pat community that meets every Saturday in a good bar in Mukdahan Town, pool, beer, chats - to me its the perfect place to live and we use Pattaya ( property ) just for vacations

  14. #14
    Member coolhandluke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 09:36 AM
    Location
    SKP CM
    Posts
    150
    I went there once. I felt I'd died and ended up in lkmbo.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    beerlaodrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:19 AM
    Location
    vientiane
    Posts
    6,493
    Really? I haven't passed by mukdahan for a while now, what's the name of the bar? I could never find a farang bar in mukdahan previously, still had a good time there every time I've over nighted there despite that, or perhaps because of that. Please give me the skinny on that I'm curious to know as it's wet season in Lao and I'm pretty sure I will be finding myself over landing from site back to Vientiane when the plane or chopper can't fly due to the weather for the next few months

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:36 AM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekong Breeze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soirunner View Post
    Will be moving there soon and would like to talk to someone with expierience living there?
    Thanks
    Having first arrived in Pattaya Thailand in 2009 I thought what a great place to live, then for a couple of years commuting back and to from England and making a few acquaintances with Ex-Pats living there, soon the place started to lose its appeal.
    In-fighting back biting and bitching among themselves I thought im here for the quiet life and can get that sort of bollox in the UK.
    We decided to put down roots away from the coast and have built a small development in Isaan Mukdahan. Perfect for Visa runs, cheap, friendly with a slow pace to life, nothing that can be done tomorrow needs to be stressed about today.
    2 Rai of land next to the Mekong, 2 bedroom house, lots of fruit in the gardens - perfect. There is a small Ex-Pat community that meets every Saturday in a good bar in Mukdahan Town, pool, beer, chats - to me its the perfect place to live and we use Pattaya ( property ) just for vacations
    Well the visa runs are out of the question & welcome

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    18-06-2019 @ 10:26 AM
    Posts
    25,917
    I've been to Mukdahan quite a few times now.

    I recon its a brilliant spot to blow out a few days. Just bunk up in a nice hotel overlooking the River and enjoy ones self.

    Nothing hard about that is there. ?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •