Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:33 PM
    Posts
    1,915

    Unhappy Mike "Isanbirder" Webster died

    Michael Webster,79 , British author of birding books, English language educator, long-time traveler throughout Asia, formerly of Hong Kong and Chiang Mai, most recently Krasang (outside of Buriram City) ; has lost his battle with late-stage cancer of the colon this weekend past.
    His funeral is 2 PM tomorrow 1 March at Wat Ban Sawai So, Chum Saeng, Krasang District, Buriram.

    RIP to a fine British gentleman and an avid birder.

    ◇Posted as Isanbirder on SuriFarang.com forum

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Auroria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,256
    RIP.

    Was he a poster on here?

    I think I saw a photo thread on birds posted here.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    2,839
    Is this his avatar?



    If so ...
    Fondly regarded also on other Forums.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,042
    Quote Originally Posted by David48atTD View Post
    Is this his avatar?



    If so ...
    Fondly regarded also on other Forums.
    He kept a select, yet long-term, presence at:
    TVF
    SurinFarang
    BuriramExpats

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Auroria View Post
    RIP.

    Was he a poster on here?

    I think I saw a photo thread on birds posted here.
    Birding.

    TeakDoor.com - The Thailand Forum - View Profile: birding

    Don't know if they are the same, but for some reason placed Birding in Chiang Mai.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,450
    Birding's not been online for a few weeks, posted some good stuff too.

    R.I.P Mr. Isanbirder

  7. #7
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Teakdoor forum upgrade office
    Posts
    11,594
    RIP Isanbirder.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Auroria View Post
    RIP.

    Was he a poster on here?

    I think I saw a photo thread on birds posted here.
    Birding.

    TeakDoor.com - The Thailand Forum - View Profile: birding

    Don't know if they are the same, but for some reason placed Birding in Chiang Mai.
    Mmm. I wonder. He was a regular poster but hasn't posted now for 3 weeks.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,908
    All of Birdings pics on here are watermarked 'Robby L'.

    So prolly not.

    RIP Michael.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,450
    ^^theres a parrot in here

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,908
    ^ That's an absolute 'owler of a pun bud. Really horr-wren-dous. The worst I-feather heard.



    RIP Michael.

  11. #11
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    11-06-2017 @ 09:47 PM
    Posts
    265
    I never met him, but he always came across as an intelligent and really nice Guy. RIP Mike, thoughts go out to those left behind.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:15 PM
    Posts
    2,004
    Just come across this topic and it isnt me. I did correspond with him a few times but we never met. Will Email some of his friends.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:58 AM
    Posts
    34,200
    ^ Jaysus, birding...Good to see you're okay...

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey1979 View Post
    I never met him, but he always came across as an intelligent and really nice Guy. RIP Mike, thoughts go out to those left behind.
    Perspectives will vary.
    He always came across as the typical smug, culturally-centric and anxious expat.

  15. #15
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    11-06-2017 @ 09:47 PM
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey1979 View Post
    I never met him, but he always came across as an intelligent and really nice Guy. RIP Mike, thoughts go out to those left behind.
    Perspectives will vary.
    He always came across as the typical smug, culturally-centric and anxious expat.
    You won't be missed when you kark it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •