Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Online
    16-03-2019 @ 06:49 AM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    45

    Udon Thani any beer buffets?

    hello all in Udon Thani and surrounding areas.
    I will be there at some point next month and i like my beer buffets, do they have them in Udon?
    Also, if my memory serves me correctly there was a decent sports bar near all the bars etc...and if i remember right it was run by Steve from Shrewsbury in the UK. Is he still around? would be great to meet up again.
    Any other suggestions would be most welcome as i have only been there for a beer once before for only 2 nights.

    Cheers Kev

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:18 PM
    Posts
    36,338
    Is it just beer they serve at these buffets?...

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    beerlaodrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Location
    vientiane
    Posts
    6,391
    The sports bar is still there however they moved location further up the soi, Sadly Steve died last year, The bars run by his mate Dave (griffo) never heard of a beer buffet but the sports bar has plenty of different variety bees including a lot of English ales.

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Online
    16-03-2019 @ 06:49 AM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by beerlaodrinker View Post
    The sports bar is still there however they moved location further up the soi, Sadly Steve died last year, The bars run by his mate Dave (griffo) never heard of a beer buffet but the sports bar has plenty of different variety bees including a lot of English ales.
    So sorry to hear bout Steve, we got to know each other in Samui when we both worked as bar managers and became friends because we were both Shrewsbury boys.
    thanks for the update Beerlaodrinker (love the name)
    Should catch up for some beers when im there next month ok?

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Exclusive Farang circles.....

    No thanks - take a rain check.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    25,130
    I dont think you were invited anyway Jeff

    Whats a beer buffet anyway?

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    25,130


    That'd be worse than drinkin with Jeff

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    I dont think you were invited anyway Jeff

    ...unless one is referring to an unofficial TD piss-up gathering - different story.
    Which of course don't exist anymore, as TD is no longer an extended social order.


    Teakdoor Beer Buffet [whatever that is] and all round piss-up anyone?


  9. #9
    Thailand Expat Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    25,130

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:08 PM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,157
    Silly Dilling Udon mate Udon

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    Headworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    3,300
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    Exclusive Farang circles.....

    No thanks - take a rain check.
    Makes perfect sense. Why waste money buying a beer and trying to interact with people before everyone says Fuck Off Jeff, when you get it here for free daily.

  12. #12
    Member
    TheDukeofNewcastle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    22-10-2016 @ 01:42 PM
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme
    Teakdoor Beer Buffet [whatever that is] and all round piss-up anyone?
    Only if you promise not to come you sanctimonious wanker.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    beerlaodrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Location
    vientiane
    Posts
    6,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Soapy Kev View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beerlaodrinker View Post
    The sports bar is still there however they moved location further up the soi, Sadly Steve died last year, The bars run by his mate Dave (griffo) never heard of a beer buffet but the sports bar has plenty of different variety bees including a lot of English ales.
    So sorry to hear bout Steve, we got to know each other in Samui when we both worked as bar managers and became friends because we were both Shrewsbury boys.
    thanks for the update Beerlaodrinker (love the name)
    Should catch up for some beers when im there next month ok?
    He was a nice bloke Steve, I think he came to Thailand for a 3 week holiday and stayed about 15 years treating everyday if if he was on a 3 week holiday, That's what killed him, he did love a drink,I don't live in udon kev but nip over for a bevvy and some shopping every now and then, might pop over this weekend, the sports bars still my favorite place for a drink, you won't find any twats like geff in there either

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    For a fine outing, there's a VFW bar & grill in Korat [been there since the mid-seventies] where one can rub elbows with real men/expats/old bullshitters - if that's your thing....
    Beer buffets are the norm, I understand




    ร้าน สเต็ก VFW
    682-684, ถนนโพธิ์กลาง, ตำบลในเมือง อำเภอเมือง จังหวัดนครราชสีมา, 30000 30000, Thailand
    44 242 831

  15. #15
    splendid and tremendous
    somtamslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    17-04-2019 @ 02:58 PM
    Location
    Down on the farm
    Posts
    13,570
    Quote Originally Posted by beerlaodrinker
    He was a nice bloke Steve, I think he came to Thailand for a 3 week holiday and stayed about 15 years treating everyday if if he was on a 3 week holiday, That's what killed him, he did love a drink,
    I think I met him in 2007. If i remember rightly he was quite ill even back then.

    What were the names of your respective bars on Samui Kev?

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    beerlaodrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Location
    vientiane
    Posts
    6,391
    He was never a big bloke slappers and the last time I saw him he had lost so much weight he looked shocking, mates got him back to the UK but to late, I think he had massive organ failure. RIP Steve.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •