Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46
  1. #26
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    25,665
    Mukdahan Manor, Waterfront Restaurant & Cocktail Bar

    Good deal if you have 25mil baht.

  2. #27
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Posts
    3,694
    We've lived on the banks, nearly, of the Mekong for nigh on 10 years.
    For many of those years I desperately wanted a plot right on the river.
    My wife has connections but we got nowhere.
    The riverside property is owned by the police, by politicians, by BKK elite.

    There are many houses that are rarely visited owned by folks from down south.
    Occasionally someone will attempt to do a deal.
    Money will change hands and a house, villa or resort will be started.
    Generally, within a year or two, it will be taken over by the police or others, often in the name of National Security.

    All kinds of folk get ripped off.
    We've seen it many times.

    So, go with your contacts, friends and associates. If they're powerful enough you'll be right, if they're not you'll lose.

    Good luck, mate but I still think you're a Troll
    Last edited by crackerjack101; 12-08-2016 at 09:40 PM.

  3. #28
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:08 PM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey1979 View Post
    You should join Surinfarang.
    Yeah, cos the mighty M flows straight through the fucker

  4. #29
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,042
    Does one's locale require that it's The Mekong?

    Plenty of river-close property abounds throughout the country....smaller rivers have better adorned ascetic character....

  5. #30
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    8,618
    May be by living on the banks of the Mekong it carries some kinda status?

  6. #31
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:08 PM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,782
    King of the Kong

  7. #32
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgen View Post
    King of the Kong
    ...or not.

    Not as mighty as it was in the past - permanently down, unless rainfall cycles change dramatically throughout the region. And even then, no guarantees.


    Thanks Beijing.

  8. #33
    Thailand Expat
    can123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    31-08-2017 @ 01:36 AM
    Posts
    5,042
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme
    Not as mighty as it was in the past - permanently down, unless rainfall cycles change dramatically throughout the region. And even then, no guarantees.

    When it is down it is no problem. If Beijing decided make it go up quite a few riverside mansions would be washed away. I have very little faith in Thai civil engineering and what they call a "sea wall" only needs a couple of breaches and the whole fecking issue will come tumbling down.

  9. #34
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    11-06-2017 @ 09:47 PM
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey1979 View Post
    You should join Surinfarang.
    Yeah, cos the mighty M flows straight through the fucker
    Quote Originally Posted by peter1965 View Post
    I am using this a serious forum trying to get some land. I do not appreciate the sarcastic comments and if they don't stop, I will report you to the site moderator. Now going forward, those who don't have something nice to say, just keep it to yourself and do something productive.
    He'd fit right in at Surinfarang.

  10. #35
    Thailand Expat
    can123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    31-08-2017 @ 01:36 AM
    Posts
    5,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey1979
    He'd fit right in at Surinfarang.
    [at] [at]
    Yes, it has to be said that SurinFarang is a most exceptional forum. Brimful of exciting posts and news of the Surin community coupled with camaraderie of the highest order. I commend it to all.

  11. #36
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,042
    Quote Originally Posted by can123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey1979
    He'd fit right in at Surinfarang.
    [at] [at]
    Yes, it has to be said that SurinFarang is a most exceptional forum. Brimful of exciting posts and news of the Surin community coupled with camaraderie of the highest order. I commend it to all.
    Yes...the SF community.

    All four of them.
    Terribly stimulating.

  12. #37
    Sukhumvet
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,710
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    Does one's locale require that it's The Mekong?

    Plenty of river-close property abounds throughout the country....smaller rivers have better adorned ascetic character....
    Yes but larger rivers have traffic to watch from one's porch. One can only take so much serenity...

  13. #38
    Sukhumvet
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,710
    Quote Originally Posted by peter1965 View Post
    I am using this a serious forum trying to get some land. I do not appreciate the sarcastic comments and if they don't stop, I will report you to the site moderator.
    Oh boo hoo!

    Now back to the problem. To find the correct plot you are going to have to get off your arse/keyboard and go out and look. OK you can narrow down the towns/area with keyboard. Like is there a Villa/Makro etc. but at the end of the day just like it was with the Romans and before. It is boots on the ground that gets results.

    Decide the location which appeals to you most. Go there, or there abouts, and sit tight for a couple o' weeks having let locals know your intentions. I'd lay odds they'll be knocking your door day and night with offers of land.
    I doubt you'll find anything on the Interweb. Time for a road trip?
    No one on TD is gay. If suspect, it was probably because of the way they were reared.
    I apologize if any offence was caused. unless it was intended.
    You people, you think I know feck nothing; I tell you: I know feck all
    How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it.

  14. #39
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    08-02-2017 @ 10:06 AM
    Posts
    19
    A friend shared this guy's video about how he bought land on the Mekong River in Thailand.


  • #40
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Posts
    3,694
    Details would be interesting, Peter.
    Also an update on this guys venture.

  • #41

  • #42
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    08-02-2017 @ 10:06 AM
    Posts
    19

  • #43
    Thailand Expat
    Little Chuchok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Posts
    9,175

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by peter1965 View Post
    i know a lot of wealthy Thais and I get build whatever I want on the land....no problem.
    Fuck me gently, you're not even a good troll.

  • #44
    Thailand Expat
    Little Chuchok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Posts
    9,175
    Quote Originally Posted by peter1965 View Post
    He did bail the lady out so she got some money. What other options did they have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peter1965 View Post
    A friend shared this guy's video about how he bought land on the Mekong River in Thailand.

    How lucky this poor indebted farmer was to have a foreign vulture waiting in the wings to pay the loan so the loan shark did not get her land. Secret negotiations why? Possibly he didn't want everyone to know how he'd taken advantage of the poor farmers' situation, or he was so philanthropic he didn't want everyone to know how generous he was.
    If you wait until the end of the video, you see a picture of the wife.Not bad at all...

  • #45
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    08-02-2017 @ 10:06 AM
    Posts
    19
    His wife looks a bit too old for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Chuchok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peter1965 View Post
    He did bail the lady out so she got some money. What other options did they have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peter1965 View Post
    A friend shared this guy's video about how he bought land on the Mekong River in Thailand.

    How lucky this poor indebted farmer was to have a foreign vulture waiting in the wings to pay the loan so the loan shark did not get her land. Secret negotiations why? Possibly he didn't want everyone to know how he'd taken advantage of the poor farmers' situation, or he was so philanthropic he didn't want everyone to know how generous he was.
    If you wait until the end of the video, you see a picture of the wife.Not bad at all...

  • #46
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    10-02-2017 @ 11:39 AM
    Posts
    16
    Interesting video on helping get a Thai farmer free of loan sharks. I have a mate in Udon Thani whose family is copping that for the third time. I think they do it to extract cash from him ???

  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •