Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 391
  1. #101
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,841
    Quote Originally Posted by can123 View Post
    I may well be "pissing into the wind" but I am hoping to show that we are not all dickheads on Teakdoor. It's going to be difficult.

    My reason for joining the Surin forum is that I want to learn about that part of Isaan. I, unlike some of the resident pricks on Teakdoor, do not profess to know everything about Thailand and read as many forums as I can.
    I remember reading your"Minibus Prices" thread...I have a feeling you may fit in well with the SF crowd

  2. #102
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    I must of missed that thread.

  3. #103
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong isn't your SF nik Call123
    Thats my spelling mistake



  4. #104
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffee ( from the shut box)
    welcome aboard Can123 on the gateway to Isaan. Ask questions , give your POVs...but pleeeeze don' t call anyone a fuckweed, arsehole or wankstain oops: have fun !
    Coffee knows the score


  5. #105
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    Can has found a more regal setting amongst the SF, Alan the builder can build his home as well.

  6. #106
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    11-06-2017 @ 09:47 PM
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post
    Can has found a more regal setting amongst the SF, Alan the builder can build his home as well.
    I wonder what his favourite sandwich is?

  7. #107
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    11-06-2017 @ 09:47 PM
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by boloa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffee ( from the shut box)
    welcome aboard Can123 on the gateway to Isaan. Ask questions , give your POVs...but pleeeeze don' t call anyone a fuckweed, arsehole or wankstain oops: have fun !
    Coffee knows the score

    The only rule you need to adhere to is:

    Dont question the..

  8. #108
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post
    Can has found a more regal setting amongst the SF, Alan the builder can build his home as well.

    I see in the shout box that Can123's Welcome message ( and Coffee's reply ) has been deleted from the Shout Box .Maybe Can123 can comfirm if he's still a member or not

    Quote Originally Posted by SF Shout Box
    Moderators: Thank you for the few messages re new member who has now departed through the Teak Door.

    Croc: so the sandwichdream is gone ... ???

    Croc: what does one mean with Teak Door ? Is this the door to the final frontier ? To go where no-one has gone before ?

    Coffee: Reply to deleted message ( deleted )

    Prakhonchai Nick: Sandwich Kev from Tit Swinging Village was unable to keep up the pretence. By mid afternoon, his appalling English became quite acceptable. He was quickly sussed as a TROLL.. Bye Bye!

    Moderators: Croc, its a forum of banned members of various forums inc ThaiVisa

    Moderators: and another one bites the dust
    Although Dave likes to point out some of TD's members have been banned from Thaivisa what he fails to tell SF Members that He too along with some of their senior Members have also been banned form Thaivisa in the past.( so hardly a big deal really )
    Like Can123 I use my nick of Boloa on most forums I sign up to and allthough I don't post on Thaivisa much I have never been banned from there.
    Big Ol' Lucky Ol' Al.

  9. #109
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    Nah surely Can can't of been banned from the forum he would've been so at home there, perhaps its are fault if he has.

  10. #110
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    11-06-2017 @ 09:47 PM
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by boloa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post
    Can has found a more regal setting amongst the SF, Alan the builder can build his home as well.

    I see in the shout box that Can123's Welcome message ( and Coffee's reply ) has been deleted from the Shout Box .Maybe Can123 can comfirm if he's still a member or not

    Quote Originally Posted by SF Shout Box
    Moderators: Thank you for the few messages re new member who has now departed through the Teak Door.

    Croc: so the sandwichdream is gone ... ???

    Croc: what does one mean with Teak Door ? Is this the door to the final frontier ? To go where no-one has gone before ?

    Coffee: Reply to deleted message ( deleted )

    Prakhonchai Nick: Sandwich Kev from Tit Swinging Village was unable to keep up the pretence. By mid afternoon, his appalling English became quite acceptable. He was quickly sussed as a TROLL.. Bye Bye!

    Moderators: Croc, its a forum of banned members of various forums inc ThaiVisa

    Moderators: and another one bites the dust
    Although Dave likes to point out some of TD's members have been banned from Thaivisa what he fails to tell SF Members that He too along with some of their senior Members have also been banned form Thaivisa in the past.( so hardly a big deal really )
    Like Can123 I use my nick of Boloa on most forums I sign up to and allthough I don't post on Thaivisa much I have never been banned from there.
    Banned members on SF actually means ''people that Ivor doesn't like''.

    I was banned in the end for stating that Humbert's dismissal seemed a bit excessive for somebody who created a busy thread. I know there are others like Boloa who have experienced the same in the past.
    Unlike Ivor who in comparison to everybody else, ACTUALLY has a rap sheet as long as yer arm for getting banned on numerous forums by lying his lizard tits off and generally irritating the shit out of everybody.
    If Dave was just a member on SF like everybody else, he would have been banned years ago.
    Last edited by Lukey1979; 07-01-2016 at 10:09 AM.

  11. #111
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey1979 View Post

    Banned members on SF actually means ''people that Ivor doesn't like''.

    I was banned in the end for stating that Humbert's dismissal seemed a bit excessive for somebody who created a busy thread. I know there are others like Boloa who have experienced the same in the past.
    Unlike Ivor who in comparison to everybody else, ACTUALLY has a rap sheet as long as yer arm for getting banned on numerous forums by lying his lizard tits off and generally irritating the shit out of everybody.
    I've had a few friends that have been banned for just knowing me ....... I can't wait until Dave finds out about how one of the forums more senior members have given me their password so I can breeze in unnoticed willy nilly, so I can report back from behind the Veil of Secrecy

    Although you Lukey are not the one that has given me access ( as you're banned and I can still view the forum ) , I have a sneaking suspicion that Dave felt maybe you was the mole ,which could have gone towards your departure. ....so Dave's paranoia continues
    Last edited by boloa; 07-01-2016 at 10:39 AM.

  12. #112
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    Dave has CSLA on the case.

  13. #113
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post
    Dave has CSLA on the case.
    A strange group , they seem to think that anyone that joins their forum and makes joke post's about starting a sandwich businesses should be tracked down by Immigration .....

    Quote Originally Posted by From the SF Shout Box
    FERET: Jesus, the sand which man didn't last long.

    Surin: You're right FERET...idiots don't last too long in any arena. I suppose he's the type Immigration are trying to get rid of...or should be!

    nomad97: Just the man Immigration are after, without a shadow of a doubt!

  14. #114
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    Hmm that's of interest the Korat forums used to do the same.

  15. #115
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post
    Hmm that's of interest the Korat forums used to do the same.
    The really funny thing is that about half of SF's regular posters use their wife/partner as a front for their businesses or are teachers working with fake/brought TEFL Certs and without the proper teaching degree to work in Thailand ....."Just the men Immigration are after, without a shadow of a doubt!"
    Last edited by boloa; 07-01-2016 at 01:09 PM.

  16. #116
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    11-06-2017 @ 09:47 PM
    Posts
    265
    I wonder how Can123 got on? Is everything ok Can123?
    Last edited by Lukey1979; 07-01-2016 at 05:59 PM.

  17. #117
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey1979 View Post
    I wonder how Can123 got on? Everything ok Can123?
    If you look in the bottom R/H corner on the link below you will see box with 12 of newest members ...can123 or any of the other sign ups from the last few days are not there ..so my guess is he's been banned

    Notable Members | Surin Farang Community Forum

    I wonder how many people get banned from a forum before they even post


  18. #118
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    11-06-2017 @ 09:47 PM
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by boloa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey1979 View Post
    I wonder how Can123 got on? Everything ok Can123?
    If you look in the bottom R/H corner on the link below you will see box with 12 of newest members ...can123 or any of the other sign ups from the last few days are not there ..so my guess is he's been banned

    Notable Members | Surin Farang Community Forum

    I wonder how many people get banned from a forum before they even post

    SF is a bit like the SAS in that regard. Only The best make it. The creme De menth. Maybe Dave sees himself as the David Sterling of Surin internet forums.

  19. #119
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    Seems a strange forum,sounds like a good search on the secretive goings on could be called for.

    Anon the forum busters is a good option.

    Can getting banned is strange he maybe a cantankerous old fucker but troll nah.

  20. #120
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post

    Can getting banned is strange he maybe a cantankerous old fucker but troll nah.
    Nothing confirmed yet.. we need Can to spill the beans

  21. #121
    Thailand Expat Humbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:59 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post
    Seems a strange forum,sounds like a good search on the secretive goings on could be called for.

    Anon the forum busters is a good option.

    Can getting banned is strange he maybe a cantankerous old fucker but troll nah.
    I find it hard to believe that anyone can work up enough angst to get banned there. I got banned posting in my own thead for pissing off one of the ruling nabobs. Frankly, it was one of the very few threads that actually had any active discussion. Most of the threads started are stillborn anyway because they are either painfully boring or no one wants to state an opinion. A lot of banter over there is just inside jokes between guys who have personal relationships. Ask Coffee, he is part of the insider crowd.
    This post has not been authorized by the TeakDoor censorship committee.

  22. #122
    Thailand Expat
    can123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    31-08-2017 @ 01:36 AM
    Posts
    5,042
    Sorry for the late reply but, as you say, I have been banned. All very silly especially in view of the fact that I have spoken to Alan about the possibility of him building me a house. Obviously, he doesn't know me by the name "Can123" as when I spoke with him I used ny real name which I will not divulge here.

    I am very familiar with Isaan having travelled widely there over many years. It is a very big part of Thailand and I wanted to improve my knowledge of the Kalasin - Surin area. To this end I read almost every post on Surinfarang during the period I was allowed to remain there. The moderators there should be able to verify this for themselves. I made no posts there and was unlikely to as my intention was to learn from what others wrote.

    I have never "trolled" on here and am content to read posts quietly on four other forums relating to Thailand. It certainly didn't help my cause that some on this forum treat the Surin forum as a joke but, nevertheless, it seems that the moderators on that forum are not very bright. By banning me simply because I am a member of this forum does seem to be the action of the feeble-minded.

    I don't count myself as being a childish person but I wouldn't be human if I now felt less inclined to employ the services of Alan the Builder. It's a shame really because it would appear that he is good at what he does.

    My short time there prompted me to read much more about Surin on other Internet sites and I know more about the place now than I did before so the time was not wasted.

  23. #123
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,841
    Oh dear Dave ....what a silly boy your are !!!!


  24. #124
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,042
    Well.....the basic purpose of regional/provincial forums such as SF is not expand or encourage community, such as it is, but instead an exclusive boys club.

    Nothing short of a ruse guised itself as something else.

  25. #125
    Thailand Expat
    can123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    31-08-2017 @ 01:36 AM
    Posts
    5,042
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    Well.....the basic purpose of regional/provincial forums such as SF is not expand or encourage community, such as it is, but instead an exclusive boys club.

    Nothing short of a ruse guised itself as something else.
    I disagree. I believe the forum was set up by Alan the Builder as a means of advertising his own business. When others joined the site it effectively became a local directory and would have been beneficial for all of them. This is a pefectly sensible idea and it is likely that there was a genuine hope that the forum would grow.

    It could be that a short-sighted moderator has worked against the original intention and has treated the forum as his own private club. Please accept that I made no posts on the Surinfarang forum. The moderator was just too stupid to allow me to give him a reason for banning me.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •