Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 391
  1. #51
    Sauerkraut stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Oktoberfest
    Posts
    21,534
    ^^^
    So what's your advice, shall I sponsor an ad for the missus' specialty meat stall when I join?

  2. #52
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by stroller View Post
    So what's your advice, shall I sponsor an ad for the missus' specialty meat stall when I join?
    Just say you're going to Open a Clothes Shop in Robinson's selling expensive gear (The same Clothes that you can buy from the local market for peanuts )....... but every member will know it's doomed from the start and a waste of money but they will still say "Congrats and good luck" and Admin will say " Let me know if you want a separate 'Sponsors' section and it will be done"
    What they should be saying is don't waste your money you ferking idiot....but they wont
    Last edited by boloa; 30-12-2015 at 05:07 PM.
    Big Ol' Lucky Ol' Al.

  3. #53
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    11-06-2017 @ 09:47 PM
    Posts
    265
    Oh Dave.

    You come on here to give Boloa a clip round the ear, and in turn get slagged off left right and centre....
    What does that tell ya?

    Dunce.
    Last edited by Lukey1979; 30-12-2015 at 05:19 PM.

  4. #54
    Thailand Expat Humbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    23-11-2017 @ 07:36 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,600
    Quote Originally Posted by boloa
    Just say you're going to Open a Clothes Shop in Robinson's selling expensive gear (The same Clothes that you can buy from the local market for peanuts )....... but every member will know it's doomed from the start and a waste of money but they will still say "Congrats and good luck" and Admin will say " Let me know if you want a separate 'Sponsors' section and it will be done"
    What they should be saying is don't waste your money you ferking idiot....but they wont
    __________________
    Big Ol' Lucky Ol' Al.
    They might have a poll to see if they should have a poll to see if they should comment on your sign. They do that a lot over there... have polls to see if they should have polls.

  5. #55
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    13-11-2017 @ 04:17 PM
    Posts
    1,942
    I no longer know the application process.

    I joined on-line in 2011 and didn't give much information except my e-mail address. That is how you are informed if you receive a PM.

    My name is Coffee so the management knew of me previous to joining as I used to get out about prior to settling down.

    It truly is more of a local Isaan forum since many expat partners hail from the poorer parts of Thailand. Some reside in the rice daddies though I consider myself 'suburban' approx 7 km from Muang Central.

    I tend to side with the Thais in questioning the brilliance of superior thinking expats. Basically if you are so intelligent why did you move to what you commonly refer to as a 'hole' or if everything is so great in your native land why did you leave...what would you pay to rent a lady half your age to live with you (by the hour in home country) or tell me again where you met your partner , Uni of corporate office ? Well you get the idea. Why live here then bitch and moan ?

    I was once married prior in America and I don't plan to go down that road again.
    My choice , my future, my life will not be dictated to me by a 'trophy' to show the boyz back home.

    I'm living here by my choice and (hopefully not too soon) will RIP here.
    If LOS decides to break balls on + 50-years foreigners I'll move to another land that finds me acceptable and I find them acceptable.

    So far for the most part I enjoy Isaan, I don't feel threatened and the food is great.
    The cost of living is affordable and currently I have lovely partner. If I'm happy she is happy and vice versa...it's a business relationship for my LT mental and physical health.
    Today I'm blessed but we all know that can change in a heartbeat , literally.

    In the new year I will be taking a break from daily on-line forum activities, anyway that's my plan.

    Wishing all a truly fantastic 2016 !

  6. #56
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,041
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeCoffee View Post
    I no longer know the application process.

    I joined on-line in 2011 and didn't give much information except my e-mail address. That is how you are informed if you receive a PM.

    My name is Coffee so the management knew of me previous to joining as I used to get out about prior to settling down.

    It truly is more of a local Isaan forum since many expat partners hail from the poorer parts of Thailand. Some reside in the rice daddies though I consider myself 'suburban' approx 7 km from Muang Central.

    I tend to side with the Thais in questioning the brilliance of superior thinking expats. Basically if you are so intelligent why did you move to what you commonly refer to as a 'hole' or if everything is so great in your native land why did you leave...what would you pay to rent a lady half your age to live with you (by the hour in home country) or tell me again where you met your partner , Uni of corporate office ? Well you get the idea. Why live here then bitch and moan ?

    I was once married prior in America and I don't plan to go down that road again.
    My choice , my future, my life will not be dictated to me by a 'trophy' to show the boyz back home.

    I'm living here by my choice and (hopefully not too soon) will RIP here.
    If LOS decides to break balls on + 50-years foreigners I'll move to another land that finds me acceptable and I find them acceptable.

    So far for the most part I enjoy Isaan, I don't feel threatened and the food is great.
    The cost of living is affordable and currently I have lovely partner. If I'm happy she is happy and vice versa...it's a business relationship for my LT mental and physical health.
    Today I'm blessed but we all know that can change in a heartbeat , literally.

    In the new year I will be taking a break from daily on-line forum activities, anyway that's my plan.

    Wishing all a truly fantastic 2016 !

    Well said, PC...

  7. #57
    Thailand Expat Humbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    23-11-2017 @ 07:36 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,600
    I joined a few years ago and had to have a telephone chat with the admin before my application was accepted. Very strange for a little forum in the boondocks to have such grand entrance screening procedures. Anyway I did not post very much in fact I didn't even look in for more than a year. Then I made a few comments and started a thread on Kap Cheong immigration which got a lot of activity. In one post I gave Tod Daniels some praise for his helpfulness and got an immediate negative reaction from a member named Gotlost who called me a troll. I returned the favor by calling him an ass*ole and I subsequently got banned.
    This post has not been authorized by the TeakDoor censorship committee.

  8. #58
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbert View Post
    I joined a few years ago and had to have a telephone chat with the admin before my application was accepted. Very strange for a little forum in the boondocks to have such grand entrance screening procedures. Anyway I did not post very much in fact I didn't even look in for more than a year. Then I made a few comments and started a thread on Kap Cheong immigration which got a lot of activity. In one post I gave Tod Daniels some praise for his helpfulness and got an immediate negative reaction from a member named Gotlost who called me a troll. I returned the favor by calling him an ass*ole and I subsequently got banned.
    Gotlost is one of the protected ones....and I believe a sponsor.

  9. #59
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    Gotlost is one of the protected ones....and I believe a sponsor.
    He was a Sponsor as he ( his wife) had a Coffee shop....... but now it has shut down and with no plans to reopen in the immediate future his sponsor section on the SF forum should be removed in time.
    After he had said a few nasty things about a friend of mine on-line he decided to pop into the Coffee shop to have a few words in his shell-like...... but after seeing him my friend realized that nature had already played a trick on him so there was no need for him to add to his obvious troubles,so he drank his coffee and left .

  10. #60
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbert View Post
    I joined a few years ago and had to have a telephone chat with the admin before my application was accepted. Very strange for a little forum in the boondocks to have such grand entrance screening procedures. Anyway I did not post very much in fact I didn't even look in for more than a year. Then I made a few comments and started a thread on Kap Cheong immigration which got a lot of activity. In one post I gave Tod Daniels some praise for his helpfulness and got an immediate negative reaction from a member named Gotlost who called me a troll. I returned the favor by calling him an ass*ole and I subsequently got banned.
    I think your exact words were " I thought this was a forum and not your personal Facebook page .F#ck Off "........... ( 3 members liked this comment so you was not alone in your views )

    Gotlost said to one member a while back "An onion is like an arsehole you pompous twit " ( one of his many dyslexic posts ) ......could have a banning offense for anyone that wasn't a member of the inner sanctum
    Last edited by boloa; 31-12-2015 at 10:45 AM.

  11. #61
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    11-06-2017 @ 09:47 PM
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by boloa View Post

    Gotlost said to one member a while back "An onion is like an arsehole you pompous twit ( one of his many dyslexic posts ) ......could have a banning offense for anyone that wasn't a member of the inner sanctum
    He told me to Stick it where the Sun don't shine (Or words to that effect) a few weeks ago in the Shouty Box. He immediately followed up with ''HOW DO YOU EDIT THE FOOKIN SHOUTBOX!!!.

    Oh how I laughed at the Silly Sausage...

  12. #62
    Thailand Expat Humbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    23-11-2017 @ 07:36 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,600
    Quote Originally Posted by boloa
    I think your exact words were " I thought this was a forum and not your personal Facebook page .F#ck Off "...........
    I forgot about that and couldn't check for obvious reasons.

  13. #63
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey1979 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boloa View Post

    Gotlost said to one member a while back "An onion is like an arsehole you pompous twit ( one of his many dyslexic posts ) ......could have a banning offense for anyone that wasn't a member of the inner sanctum
    He told me to Stick it where the Sun don't shine (Or words to that effect) a few weeks ago in the Shouty Box. He immediately followed up with ''HOW DO YOU EDIT THE FOOKIN SHOUTBOX!!!.

    Oh how I laughed at the Silly Sausage...
    Yes...very silly

    Quote Originally Posted by From the SF shout box
    farang_bootneck ...... No other forum I belong to has expected members to provide this. Even though this was done in the past and was supposedly done for Security reasons, its now turned into a breach of members personal security. Its unfortunate that members now have to address the issue themselves.

    farang_bootneck ....... Some members are seemingly completely unaware! At the same time we have Forum rules shoved in our faces telling us that discussion of personal stuff and names is completely unacceptable.

    farang_bootneck ...... You couldn't make it up. Absolute Schoolboy error.

    gotlost ...... 'shoving it in your faces' I can think of some where else you could shove it...

    gotlost ...... HOW TE FORKD DO YOU EDIT THE SHOUT BOX.
    Pointing out to SF Admin on their lack of professionalism and criticizing them is not something they handle to well and as for Gotlost ...he gets flustered sometime and the dyslexia kicks in

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotlost to Dave when the forum upgraded and they had a security problem
    You need to get of ur ass as there has been a serious security breach on the new form as ever scum sucker is signing up.
    Ivor the Engine | Surin Farang Community Forum
    Last edited by boloa; 31-12-2015 at 02:02 PM.

  14. #64
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    11-06-2017 @ 09:47 PM
    Posts
    265
    The 2 Daves..... What a pair.....

    The gift that keeps on giving.

  15. #65
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,041
    Quote Originally Posted by boloa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    Gotlost is one of the protected ones....and I believe a sponsor.
    He was a Sponsor as he ( his wife) had a Coffee shop....... but now it has shut down and with no plans to reopen in the immediate future his sponsor section on the SF forum should be removed in time.
    After he had said a few nasty things about a friend of mine on-line he decided to pop into the Coffee shop to have a few words in his shell-like...... but after seeing him my friend realized that nature had already played a trick on him so there was no need for him to add to his obvious troubles,so he drank his coffee and left .
    Ah, yes....
    The coffee shop/café in Kap Choeng, yes?
    I recall that thread - even after not being associated with SF for a few years now.

    The business didn't take. What a surprise.

    Seems as if I remember, old Gotlost had parallel activity over at the Isaan forum on TVF when Dave [et al] was multi-niking the place with abandon.

  16. #66
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    13-11-2017 @ 04:17 PM
    Posts
    1,942

    an open letter to Surin Farang (condensed version)

    Happy new year.
    The purpose of a forum is for an exchange of information, discussions and sharing opinions on a multitude of topics.
    A forum will always only be as good as the members who contribute posts regarding the above. (IMO).

    It is fairly obvious that on most expat forums only a small percentage of the members will put forth concrete words in writing. Some intelligent and some less so. (Really a composite of the general voting public).
    Many others will only read but will never contribute. Truly a shame.

    By banning two contributing posters permanently you have taken away from the valuable pool of contributors to ones own forum , (intelligent posters at that) IMHO.
    It's basically the same as shooting oneself in the foot.

    In retrospect if someone has crossed a thin , veiled line then why not give them a ban ?
    A 24 hour ban , a one week or even a one month ban would surely suffice.
    (Sure if a poster threatens others with death that is a whole other matter.)

    In my conscience a better person would seek the middle ground to provide for a forum's continued future growth. Won't you reconsider , please, for the sake of your own forum.

    "The reason that we forgive others is truly not for them. It is so that we can move on."

  17. #67
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeCoffee View Post
    Happy new year.
    And to you Coffee....HNY

    Don't you think you are posting this in the wrong forum ......but no doubt it would be removed under Rule 8.1


  18. #68
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    11-06-2017 @ 09:47 PM
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeCoffee View Post
    Happy new year.
    The purpose of a forum is for an exchange of information, discussions and sharing opinions on a multitude of topics.
    A forum will always only be as good as the members who contribute posts regarding the above. (IMO).

    It is fairly obvious that on most expat forums only a small percentage of the members will put forth concrete words in writing. Some intelligent and some less so. (Really a composite of the general voting public).
    Many others will only read but will never contribute. Truly a shame.

    By banning two contributing posters permanently you have taken away from the valuable pool of contributors to ones own forum , (intelligent posters at that) IMHO.
    It's basically the same as shooting oneself in the foot.

    In retrospect if someone has crossed a thin , veiled line then why not give them a ban ?
    A 24 hour ban , a one week or even a one month ban would surely suffice.
    (Sure if a poster threatens others with death that is a whole other matter.)

    In my conscience a better person would seek the middle ground to provide for a forum's continued future growth. Won't you reconsider , please, for the sake of your own forum.

    "The reason that we forgive others is truly not for them. It is so that we can move on."
    Well said Coffee, but talk like that will have you banned by Dave Hitler if you're not careful.

  19. #69
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey1979 View Post

    Well said Coffee, but talk like that will have you banned by Dave Hitler if you're not careful.
    Quote Originally Posted by From the ShoutBox
    ColinW........Happy New Year to all forum members and their families, particularly to the mods who have the thankless task of keeping it running for our benefit.
    Oblivious

  20. #70
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    11-06-2017 @ 09:47 PM
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by boloa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey1979 View Post

    Well said Coffee, but talk like that will have you banned by Dave Hitler if you're not careful.
    Quote Originally Posted by From the ShoutBox
    ColinW........Happy New Year to all forum members and their families, particularly to the mods who have the thankless task of keeping it running for our benefit.
    Oblivious
    Hitler and Fred West used to have a few people singing their praises when everybody else thought they were prize kuntz.

    Fred was brilliant at laying concrete, and apparently Adolf could half dance.....

  21. #71
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey1979 View Post
    The 2 Daves..... What a pair.....

    The gift that keeps on giving.

    The SF get-together is coming up in about 2 weeks and a few names are missing on the list. !!!

    Dave never shows up...I guess he's scared a lynch mob of ex members and locals his pissed off will be waiting for him if the word gets out . His normal excuses for non-attendance is he's working or marking books

    Gotlost on the other hand maybe worried he'll be put in a Velcro suit and thrown by a drunken mob

    Surin ........ Hope GL comes...he loves all things from Down Under..we could have one of our cultural events, namely the dwarf chucking comp. He could be the dwarf

    nookiebear ........ So its true he can hide under toadstools

    Feret ..... Who cares if he is not a dwarf, we will employ the age old method of inserting him into the paddy wagon
    Last edited by boloa; 02-01-2016 at 01:08 AM.

  22. #72
    Thailand Expat Humbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    23-11-2017 @ 07:36 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,600
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeCoffee View Post
    Happy new year.
    The purpose of a forum is for an exchange of information, discussions and sharing opinions on a multitude of topics.
    A forum will always only be as good as the members who contribute posts regarding the above. (IMO).

    It is fairly obvious that on most expat forums only a small percentage of the members will put forth concrete words in writing. Some intelligent and some less so. (Really a composite of the general voting public).
    Many others will only read but will never contribute. Truly a shame.

    By banning two contributing posters permanently you have taken away from the valuable pool of contributors to ones own forum , (intelligent posters at that) IMHO.
    It's basically the same as shooting oneself in the foot.

    In retrospect if someone has crossed a thin , veiled line then why not give them a ban ?
    A 24 hour ban , a one week or even a one month ban would surely suffice.
    (Sure if a poster threatens others with death that is a whole other matter.)

    In my conscience a better person would seek the middle ground to provide for a forum's continued future growth. Won't you reconsider , please, for the sake of your own forum.

    "The reason that we forgive others is truly not for them. It is so that we can move on."
    Nice effort Coffee but I doubt it will have much effect on the nabobs at SF. They seem to like the status quo. It's a ruling clique with very small shoulders - they seem to be more suited to running an Oprah fansite blog rather than a forum in Thailand for the frank exchange of ideas in Thailand.

  23. #73
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    Always amazes me how forums always form cliques,whats the point of forming a community based forum,then alienate most of its members.

    No different on here,with the old school guard.

    These guys on SF that sponsor the site,don't do themselves any favours,as they piss people off, and those same people ain't going to use there services.

    I looked at the photos of the restaurant that was having the xmas party,the restaurant was only at 50% capacity.

    Xmas and NY are the periods they should be packed,not pleading for customers on a forum,if you can't make money in these periods close shop, or STFU and try and reconcile with the local expat community.

  24. #74
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post
    These guys on SF that sponsor the site,don't do themselves any favours,as they piss people off, and those same people ain't going to use there services.
    Each Sponsor it given the option of a 2nd account , they can then use this 2nd account to express they personal views anonymously if they wish.
    They are not sponsors in the sense of financially supporting the forum in anyway and as the forum is run by a local western builder, it's a cheap way for him to advertise his business.The more local businesses he can get on-board and sign-up the more creditability he assumes it brings him.
    The forum has random get -togethers which are held in one of the sponsors Bar/restaurants ( normally after a Poll and a 20 page thread to decided the outcome) which for some Businesses it the only time they have more than half a dozen punters in .For the others it's a small bonus night to make money for putting their name down as a forum sponsor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post
    I looked at the photos of the restaurant that was having the xmas party,the restaurant was only at 50% capacity
    In years passed there were only a few local options if you wanted a Western type Christmas Dinner .Now ,with more local western restaurants offering this service it just spreads the punters around.Gone are the Days were places like The Farang Connection had to have 2 sittings to meet the needs of locals.
    Last edited by boloa; 02-01-2016 at 08:29 PM.

  25. #75
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    Boloa how many Thai in the Pics. sort of says it all to me.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •