Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 147

Thread: Share Your Ride

  1. #1
    Member
    ChalkyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    23-04-2019 @ 01:18 PM
    Posts
    867

    Share Your Ride


    This is my 2 year old Mazda CX3. My last three cars have been Mazda as they drive much better than their competitors, IMHO.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:54 AM
    Posts
    11,214
    For my fans.....

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,901
    I also have a CX3, but in the UK, its a fine little machine notwithstanding its harsh ride on the standard 18" wheels. I particularly like the head up display and the steering wheel mounted gearshift paddles for the auto box. I have the 2 litre petrol engined model, diesel drivers in the uk are taxed exorbitantly these days. It drives and handles sweetly and the standard bose sound system is excellent. I see a lot of these CX3's on the roads here, but they are something of a rarity in the UK.



    In Thailand I have a Toyota 4wd Hilux, I have had it from new and it is now 15 years old, the exterior now has a pleasing patina of scratches and dents but the interior is still in pristine condition and apart from batteries, oil, tires and brake pads... oh .. and one starter motor, it has never needed much in the way of tlc apart from a service every year. A truly amazing machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    20,856
    Quote Originally Posted by David48atTD View Post
    My Ride?
    fine looking air bags

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    32,513
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile
    I also have a CX3, but in the UK
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile
    In Thailand I have a Toyota 4wd Hilux
    ...

    I shall never, ever, ever take anything you have to say about cars seriously again. Ever.

    Well not that I ever did previously but now I shall do so with renewed vigor and focus.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    Airportwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Location
    Flat Earth
    Posts
    3,466
    Quote Originally Posted by David48atTD View Post
    My Ride?
    I drive a E250, want to trade rides for a day or two?

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    kmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    05-04-2019 @ 09:11 AM
    Location
    Rayong.
    Posts
    10,325
    Mitsubishi Pajero Sport and a Toyota Rivo E. Both good motors for Thai roads (off and on).

    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    7,671
    I know, bo-ring, but any thoughts on Fortuner vs Camry for mostly local driving?

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:57 AM
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    6,939
    Quote Originally Posted by David48atTD View Post
    My Ride?
    Quote Originally Posted by Airportwo View Post
    I drive a E250, want to trade rides for a day or two?
    Close, but no cigar.

    If you trade up the E350 Avantgarde Cabriolet ... we'll think about it.

    Ply her with some JW Blue and look-out

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    24-04-2019 @ 06:06 PM
    Location
    Surat Thani
    Posts
    44,701
    Quote Originally Posted by jabir View Post
    I know, bo-ring, but any thoughts on Fortuner vs Camry for mostly local driving?
    Camry, hands down.

    The Foreskinner has a rough ride.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,901
    rough ride maybe, but the camry will drown in 6 inches of rainy season water, whilst the fortuner, or any other high rider, will just keep on going.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    24-04-2019 @ 06:06 PM
    Location
    Surat Thani
    Posts
    44,701
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile View Post
    rough ride maybe, but the camry will drown in 6 inches of rainy season water, whilst the fortuner, or any other high rider, will just keep on going.
    True enough and that's why moi has a Toyota 4 wheel drive truck - wish the thing rode like a Camry sometimes as it's hard to text on some roads!

  13. #13
    Member
    ChalkyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    23-04-2019 @ 01:18 PM
    Posts
    867
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile View Post
    I also have a CX3, but in the UK, its a fine little machine notwithstanding its harsh ride on the standard 18" wheels. I particularly like the head up display and the steering wheel mounted gearshift paddles for the auto box. I have the 2 litre petrol engined model, diesel drivers in the uk are taxed exorbitantly these days. It drives and handles sweetly and the standard bose sound system is excellent. I see a lot of these CX3's on the roads here, but they are something of a rarity in the UK.



    In Thailand I have a Toyota 4wd Hilux, I have had it from new and it is now 15 years old, the exterior now has a pleasing patina of scratches and dents but the interior is still in pristine condition and apart from batteries, oil, tires and brake pads... oh .. and one starter motor, it has never needed much in the way of tlc apart from a service every year. A truly amazing machine.
    The HUD is cool. No BOSE or sunroof in Thailand.

    I saw heaps in Melbourne last year.

  14. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    23-04-2019 @ 07:13 AM
    Posts
    3
    Daily car 25yrs old Celica, quite PITA to service...


  15. #15
    Member
    naptownmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Posts
    851
    My last hara before settling down with a second hand toyota pick up in the village.
    If I'd known back in November what I know now I would never had ordered it. All water under the bridge now can always get out with a huge loss later.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:57 AM
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    6,939
    I see 'my ride' has vanished.

    Sorry Mods

    Hail Mary and all that.

    ---

    My first Thai car ... BHT 40,000









    A Spanish SEAT ... which a Spanish body dropped onto a VW Polo chassis and engine.

    Pile of crap made worse by the Farm road which ripped the suspension to bits
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by David48atTD; 19-03-2019 at 07:58 AM.

    “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago”

    .

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    Mandaloopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:29 AM
    Location
    ᠮᠣᠩᠭᠣᠯ ᠤᠯᠤᠰ
    Posts
    1,960

  18. #18
    Member
    ChalkyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    23-04-2019 @ 01:18 PM
    Posts
    867
    Yeah, the best ride has gone

  19. #19
    CCBW
    JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    5,322


    My Ride.

    Upgraded Toytec Boss 2.5 coil over set up, SPC Performance Upper control arms with SST bearing set, ECU Shop tuner, Fortuner Rear Disc Brake mod, TRD Forged wheels with Bead loc outer. Piak Front end replacement, Warn Zeon Winch, Rival skid plates.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    25,233
    ^ Had to zoom in to see if that really did say ANAL under your number plate

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    25,233
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPR2 View Post
    Rival skid plates.
    Ahhh,,, sure looks like ANAL until you zoom in close.

    Guess it's all Mudplugging eh

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    25,233

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    fishlocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bungling in the jungle
    Posts
    8,245
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPR2 View Post


    My Ride.

    Upgraded Toytec Boss 2.5 coil over set up, SPC Performance Upper control arms with SST bearing set, ECU Shop tuner, Fortuner Rear Disc Brake mod, TRD Forged wheels with Bead loc outer. Piak Front end replacement, Warn Zeon Winch, Rival skid plates.
    What's with the PRICK sticker?

    I guess when you can afford to be, why not.

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    fishlocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bungling in the jungle
    Posts
    8,245
    Oh, my bad PIRK. Allways been a bit dyslexic. Nice wench.

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    fishlocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bungling in the jungle
    Posts
    8,245
    I got one of these. I've been told it's worth 3 to 5.
    Could get me life if I take her wrong.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •