Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:44 PM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,043

    Tawau port, Malaysia.

    I'm looking for some help, I'm looking for a freight forwarder can help to deliver, a fibreglass swimming pool from Bangkok by sea to Tawau port, Malaysia.
    In a open top or flatrack, I know Tawau is not a container port.



  2. #2
    RUSH HER TODAY
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    DOG HOUSE
    Posts
    10,003

    Smile

    These johnnies may be suitable

    Kudrat Maritime Malaysia

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    beerlaodrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:00 PM
    Location
    vientiane
    Posts
    5,805
    What's the length and width of the pool ratch?Will it fit sideways in a 40 footer, if not going to be expensive

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:44 PM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,043
    Quote Originally Posted by david44 View Post
    These johnnies may be suitable

    Kudrat Maritime Malaysia
    Thanks David44

    My freight forwarder has been working on this for a week & still no result.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:44 PM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,043
    Quote Originally Posted by beerlaodrinker View Post
    What's the length and width of the pool ratch?Will it fit sideways in a 40 footer, if not going to be expensive
    BLD the pool is 6.5 X 3.5 X 1.5 so 40ft open top would be the go, have been told.
    Its not the first time, go & put the pool on the ocean & toe it behind a boat.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 AM
    Posts
    1,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchaburi View Post
    I'm looking for some help, I'm looking for a freight forwarder can help to deliver, a fibreglass swimming pool from Bangkok by sea to Tawau port, Malaysia.
    In a open top or flatrack, I know Tawau is not a container port.


    Might you be better having it sent to Labuan and then doing the rest by road? The roads are pretty narrow over there, mind, and accidents do happen quite often...

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    Roobarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Online
    23-04-2016 @ 12:30 AM
    Location
    UAE
    Posts
    1,617
    I'd get in touch with a project forwarder or two in Miri and see what they recommend.

    I can't seem to get hold of the guy I used to use out there, but from the web AT Dunia - A.T.Dunia (Miri) Sdn Bhd | - could be worth getting in contact with. A lot of these guys deal with oversized cargo for the oil and gas industry, so an overheight 40' container shouldn't present much of a logistical problem for them.

    You are running into the rainy season out there so they may prefer to clear and transship in Miri then send it break bulk on a coaster for the Miri-Tawau leg if the roads are not up to it.

    Good luck!

  8. #8
    Sukhumvet
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:16 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,880
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    Might you be better having it sent to Labuan and then doing the rest by road?
    Going to be a bit wet? Labuan is an island!

    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    The roads are pretty narrow over there,
    But the roads look brilliant for a motorbike. I've only ever been as far as Keningau, when the roads were not quite as good!
    Last edited by VocalNeal; 28-11-2015 at 01:35 PM.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:44 PM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,043
    Thanks Roobarb We will give them a try.

  10. #10
    RUSH HER TODAY
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    DOG HOUSE
    Posts
    10,003
    Foc'sale Neal's right
    Port Jesselton under the White Rajahs aka Kota Kinabalu (Bettyboo's Goat cinema) may be a better transbord point.

    I'd have thought a concrete tiled pool be cheaper or are you planning to float round the world in it later?
    You could even float from Beaufort to Tenom !
    I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn’t find any.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:44 PM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,043
    Quote Originally Posted by david44 View Post
    Foc'sale Neal's right
    Port Jesselton under the White Rajahs aka Kota Kinabalu (Bettyboo's Goat cinema) may be a better transbord point.

    I'd have thought a concrete tiled pool be cheaper or are you planning to float round the world in it later?
    You could even float from Beaufort to Tenom !
    The Malaysian like fibreglass pools, My dealer in Malaysia, has ask me to ship the pool to Kawau.
    There would be a lot of small vessels could carry as deck cargo.

  12. #12
    Sukhumvet
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:16 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,880
    Quote Originally Posted by david44 View Post
    Foc'sale Neal's right
    Port Jesselton under the White Rajahs aka Kota Kinabalu (Bettyboo's Goat cinema) may be a better transbord point.

    I'd have thought a concrete tiled pool be cheaper or are you planning to float round the world in it later?
    You could even float from Beaufort to Tenom !
    Hard paddle upstream? The railway might be better? If it is still running?

    Oh and that will be Engine Room Neal to you.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 AM
    Posts
    1,545
    Quote Originally Posted by VocalNeal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    Might you be better having it sent to Labuan and then doing the rest by road?
    Going to be a bit wet? Labuan is an island!

    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    The roads are pretty narrow over there,
    But the roads look brilliant for a motorbike. I've only ever been as far as Keningau, when the roads were not quite as good!
    Ok, ferry and road then.

    Were there a shit load of cows around back then when you were on your bike?

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    Little Chuchok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:00 PM
    Posts
    9,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchaburi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beerlaodrinker View Post
    What's the length and width of the pool ratch?Will it fit sideways in a 40 footer, if not going to be expensive
    BLD the pool is 6.5 X 3.5 X 1.5 so 40ft open top would be the go, have been told.
    Its not the first time, go & put the pool on the ocean & toe it behind a boat.
    Stick it on a 20'flat rack, with a little overhang height and width. Or a 40'FR.Maybe easier for the locals to handle as well, unless a swinglift is needed, then the 40'OT is the go. They will charge for it though.40'OT are not that common and can be hard to get hold of.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:44 PM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Chuchok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchaburi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beerlaodrinker View Post
    What's the length and width of the pool ratch?Will it fit sideways in a 40 footer, if not going to be expensive
    BLD the pool is 6.5 X 3.5 X 1.5 so 40ft open top would be the go, have been told.
    Its not the first time, go & put the pool on the ocean & toe it behind a boat.
    Stick it on a 20'flat rack, with a little overhang height and width. Or a 40'FR.Maybe easier for the locals to handle as well, unless a swinglift is needed, then the 40'OT is the go. They will charge for it though.40'OT are not that common and can be hard to get hold of.
    I guess I will find a way to get the pool to Kawau, it will come down to $ ?
    I'm not paying the for freight bill, But do have a delivery date 9 Dec 2015

  16. #16
    Sukhumvet
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:16 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,880
    I assume you have done all the internet searching and found companies like Erawan Shipping Services Co., Ltd.

    Given the pictures of the roads I'm leaning towards shipping to KK and then by road. More vessels maybe going to KK than Tawau?

    have looked at https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...agents%20tawau
    Last edited by VocalNeal; 28-11-2015 at 04:51 PM.
    No one on TD is gay. If suspect, it was probably because of the way they were reared.
    I apologize if any offence was caused. unless it was intended.
    You people, you think I know feck nothing; I tell you: I know feck all
    How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    Little Chuchok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:00 PM
    Posts
    9,211
    Who is paying the Customs charges in Tawau?

    The one thing about freight forwarders, is that meny of them are slippery buggers. If you have anything to do with the charges in Tawau, make sure that it is all in writing etc.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:44 PM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,043
    Thanks LCC, Neal, Hall, David,Roo & BLD
    I think I have the answer to delivering the pool.
    I will post them when I know it will work,

    Thank again guys

  19. #19
    Sukhumvet
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:16 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,880
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah
    Were there a shit load of cows around back then when you were on your bike?
    I was with work mates in a Land Rover going to spend the week-end in a longhouse, Tuak and all. Stayed in Keningau over night on the Friday, then went to the then end of the road and downriver past Malaysian border post almost into Indonesia, more Tuak! Going downriver is one boat, coming back upstream is two boats, along with getting out and pushing up the rapids.

    Came back with bad breath, a hangover and some guys had souvenir blow pipes. I'm guessing older ones that no one wanted. You cannot get darts out of plywood walls as we discovered in our construction office:-)

    One can make a decent alternative blow pipe out of a length of 1/2 stainless tubing, bamboo slivers or pop rivets and yellow foam earplugs! 555

  20. #20
    RUSH HER TODAY
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    DOG HOUSE
    Posts
    10,003
    I am entirely satisfied with thai pipe blowers thank you

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •