Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 45 of 45
  1. #26
    Semi member
    Jack meoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Location
    momo's Y-fronts
    Posts
    2,465
    Turtles are not just for luigi-mas.

  2. #27
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:29 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    5,909
    I do have a wonderful turtle story, but it would mean this thread would end up in "members" so to speak...

  3. #28
    CCBW
    JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    4,022
    Seriously LuLu.... Turtles and tortoises live in completely different habitats. Most "Turtles" as pets do not fair well and like gold fish usually get flushed. They get shell disease. Now if you wanted to be hateful get him a snapping turtle but better come with a set of steel gloves..

    All kidding aside we do have 4 Sulcata tortoises as pets and plan on breeding them at some point. Maybe next year on the 2 big ones. We have had them for quite some time and they do get to be monsters.(Biggest one now weighs almost 20lbs). They just roam our land. Tortoises do not require much but some exercise when they get a little older but long term they require some attention. Like most kids he will likely lose interest so no biggie.



    These are our four. 2 males, 2 females.

  4. #29
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    9,001
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post
    I do have a wonderful turtle story, but it would mean this thread would end up in "members" so to speak...
    Does it come with pictures?

  5. #30
    Thailand Expat Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,183
    ^^ Very nice J.

    Cheers.

  6. #31
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:29 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    5,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    Does it come with pictures?
    My tale wouldn't need pictures.....well, just one....there's no telling the damage a turtle can cause....

    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #32
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:29 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    5,909
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPR2 View Post
    All kidding aside we do have 4 Sulcata tortoises as pets and plan on breeding them at some point. Maybe next year on the 2 big ones. We have had them for quite some time and they do get to be monsters.(Biggest one now weighs almost 20lbs). They just roam our land. Tortoises do not require much but some exercise when they get a little older but long term they require some attention. Like most kids he will likely lose interest so no biggie.



    These are our four. 2 males, 2 females.
    The sex of the tortoise wouldn't matter, Luigi swings both ways....

  8. #33
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    9,001
    How's she gonna wear nickers with all that on?



  9. #34
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:29 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    5,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    How's she gonna wear nickers with all that on?
    Getting them on was easy for her....a bit of a challenge getting the off for me. Fukkin' turtles....

  10. #35
    Thailand Expat
    hick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Posts
    3,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    How's she gonna wear nickers with all that on?
    Velcro or side snaps.

    I had two softshell turtles many moons ago. They lived in an aquarium and thrived. Feeding time was fun.

    Have only ever eaten 'merkin snapper turtle. Farkin' delish!

    Those tortoises are pretty sweet, JPP. I'd wager they've got their own attitudes, very individual, etc.

    How much does a wee tortoise cost in thighland?

  11. #36
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:29 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    5,909
    I've never had...well...err...eaten turtle. I grew up reading Brit sailing stories and how turtle soup was a treasured dish. I've always have wanted to try it, but I'm guessing it would take a substantial number of the little turtles here to make soup.

  12. #37
    Thailand Expat
    hick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Posts
    3,415
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post
    I'm guessing it would take a substantial number of the little turtles here to make soup.
    yeah...

    When I was growing up we'd wade into the crick' or sides of a pond-lake-rock quarry, feel around in crevices and pull them out. We'd often end up with something much like this:



    Sure, we'd get bit.


    At other times and in the same sweet spots, we'd go catfish grabbin,' and frog giggin,' at night.

    Fuckin' total hicks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #38
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:29 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    5,909
    I've gigged frogs, always fished for fish....

  14. #39
    Thailand Expat
    hick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Posts
    3,415
    Frog giggin,' always made for quite the epic night in my parts.

    Sloshing down the creek from sundown to sunup. Headlamp, 3 pronged gig, rope around the belt loop dragging a 6-pack.

    Had some hilarious "episodes" in Hog Creek.

    We'd carp grab in there, too. Wouldn't eat those musty fuggers, tho.

  15. #40
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,096
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post
    I grew up reading Brit sailing stories and how turtle soup was a treasured dish. I've always have wanted to try it, but I'm guessing it would take a substantial number of the little turtles here to make soup.
    Actually, you probably read stories of "mock turtle soup" which was the famous Brit soup. While there was a period of eating "real" turtle soup (like in the 1750s) the green turtles used were imported from West Indies, and hunted to near extinction. Hence "Mock turtle soup" was invented.





    Frankly, you do not really want to read what goes into "mock turtle soup"....

  16. #41
    CCBW
    JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    4,022
    Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    yeah...

    When I was growing up we'd wade into the crick' or sides of a pond-lake-rock quarry, feel around in crevices and pull them out. We'd often end up with something much like this:



    Sure, we'd get bit.


    At other times and in the same sweet spots, we'd go catfish grabbin,' and frog giggin,' at night.

    Fuckin' total hicks.
    HaHaHa...I am total country hick. Bull Frog gigging, Catfish Noodling, Rattlesnake trapping. Never wore a wife beater shirt though but did drink "Lucky" Lager and played the game in the cap for rounds. . I used to free dive in the deep river pools for big Crawdads and fished the Steelhead with M80's as they pooled by the water fall areas.

    Snapping turtles are mean MF"s. Had a friend lose his little finger to one. Serious bastards they are.

  17. #42
    Sukhumvet
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,880
    When I was growing up we'd wade into the crick' or sides of a pond-lake-rock quarry, feel around in crevices and pull them out.
    be afraid. be very afraid.


  18. #43
    Sukhumvet
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,880
    Different scenario.

    Luigi buys a turtle then comes back to TD telling everyone how cute the turtle is but is very shy, doesn't come out of its shell much but likes to suck his little finger. Pragmatic replies by telling Luigi that he is holding the turtle back to front!
    No one on TD is gay. If suspect, it was probably because of the way they were reared.
    I apologize if any offence was caused. unless it was intended.
    You people, you think I know feck nothing; I tell you: I know feck all
    How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it.

  19. #44
    Thailand Expat Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,183
    Strong possibility.

  20. #45
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:29 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    5,909
    There's a pet show at the mall here they have turtles for pets, very small.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •