Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 111
  1. #26
    Thailand Expat
    hick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Posts
    3,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicethaiza View Post
    ..can change to other country in asia I mean?
    I married a small town Korean, a city Thai and a rural Thai.

    No two were similar.


    Quote Originally Posted by Muddywaters View Post
    Western men who take 50 years to work out western women are no good
    My mom's pretty cool.

  2. #27
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:15 PM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicethaiza View Post
    Most time I see post here on TD about thai lady ..can change to Philiphine malaysia..lao...Japan...burmese...other country in asia I mean? ...

    For compare...
    That's some good logic there, but I think he's discussing all Thais in general.

  3. #28
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,042
    What is logical?

  4. #29
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    03-07-2017 @ 09:43 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    32
    I love them, but I would say Thais lack critical thinking, creativity, and confrontation skills.

    I'm not saying they are the worst I've ever experienced, (Chinese and Arabs can be even worse in some areas) but this is my two cents on Thais at least.

    And I would blame the schooling process, they aren't encouraged to question authority whatsoever. In fact, quite the opposite. However this makes them great in the service sector which can explain Thailand's success as a travel destination.

  5. #30
    Thailand Expat
    12Call's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    20-09-2017 @ 03:51 PM
    Posts
    2,400
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    What is logical?
    The Song

  6. #31
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    15,408
    Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicethaiza View Post
    ..can change to other country in asia I mean?
    I married a small town Korean, a city Thai and a rural Thai.

    No two were similar.


    Quote Originally Posted by Muddywaters View Post
    Western men who take 50 years to work out western women are no good
    My mom's pretty cool.
    How long were you married to her?

  7. #32
    Member justme2017's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    13-06-2017 @ 02:30 AM
    Posts
    114
    No not at all. The farang that marry Thais and expect any sort of logic at all seem to be a bit slower and more backwards.

  8. #33
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    5,337
    A good woman looks after her man without the man noticing. She needs to be looked after the same way, without her needing to steer the man in the right direction all the time.

    If a woman seems illogical then she is having to steer too much. That's a warning sign.

    The worst is a woman that says: Up tp you; since she's giving you enough rope to hang yourself...

  9. #34
    Member
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:04 PM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    925
    I think the answer is universal when applied to women


  10. #35
    Member Mike Watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Online
    07-08-2017 @ 08:13 AM
    Posts
    387
    Close on 20 years and yet to fret

  11. #36
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    25,677
    Quote Originally Posted by surinboy
    Are Thai's the most illogical people you have ever met?
    No

    Quote Originally Posted by surinboy
    Please give 2 recent examples
    1. When hungry they eat.
    2. When sleepy they sleep.

    Can't get more logical than that.

  12. #37
    Curmudgeon
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    In Transit
    Posts
    11,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    I think the answer is universal when applied to women

    This.

    I use this 'Melvin Udall Quote as my signature on another forum. There is nothing so illegal as the human female.

    Thai logic is advanced in comparison to female logic. Female logic is a myth.

    I don't hate women by the way. I love them for their ultimate eccentricity.
    Heart of Gold and a Knob of butter.

  13. #38
    Sukhumvet
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:52 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,715
    Quote Originally Posted by surinboy
    Are Thai's the most illogical people you have ever met?
    Apparently so. My wife who is involved in sales just changed her phone number to a new lucky one. Even though 300 plus of her existing customers have her old number?

  14. #39
    Member Mike Watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Online
    07-08-2017 @ 08:13 AM
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by VocalNeal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by surinboy
    Are Thai's the most illogical people you have ever met?
    Apparently so. My wife who is involved in sales just changed her phone number to a new lucky one. Even though 300 plus of her existing customers have her old number?
    She could have them redirected.

  15. #40
    Sukhumvet
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:52 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,715
    This thread is about illogical. Not logical!

  16. #41
    Member
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:04 PM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    925
    I don't find Thais illogical. I think their mindset is different to the average westerner, some due to necessity.
    Most westerners are not concerned with their immediate needs, food clothing transport health care parental support etc. This coupled with generally a much better standard of education allows for a more long term approach to life in general.
    Many Thais suffer from not only poverty but a very poor standard of education not only in length but depth as well.
    In the past I've spent some time in an Issan village and at first was surprised at the poor village house with a wide screen TV and bugger all else, or how they would borrow money with barely a thought as to how they would repay the debt. A belief in both luck and Karma adds to their outlook on life and looks totally illogical from a western standpoint. IMHO they have a small world view that in some cases does not go far beyond the nearest market town and their own village. They have evolved a "just in time existence" where everything appears to be left to the last minute and repairs are likewise. Hence the car with basically no dashboard instruments working bald tyres etc. The motor runs and the breaks sort of stop, change the tyre when it blows out. Whilst this would cause the average westerners level of anxiety to rise sharply many Thais would not give this a second thought. In short they have their own logic whilst different to most westerners makes sense to them in their realm of existence.
    I should also say I like Thai people in general. I have seen many, although poor, with a generosity of spirit better than many westerners. IMHO they don't take life as seriously. "Eat drink and be merry,for tomorrow we die" could have been written by a Thai and encapsulates "Thainess" more than a western philosophy.
    The above does not necessarily include women as This would need a separate mega thread. They are handy though if you like sex but don't prefer men, animals, vegetables etc.
    Last edited by Hugh Cow; 19-05-2017 at 09:36 AM.

  17. #42
    Harbinger of Doom

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,627
    In the past I've spent some time in an Issan village and at first was surprised at the poor village house with a wide screen TV and bugger all else, or how they would borrow money with barely a thought as to how they would repay the debt.
    Unlike westerners, who never gamble, play the lottery, or buy shit they can't afford, right? Go to any sink estate in Europe or trailer park in the states and you'll find only models of protestant rectitude, I suppose.

    As for the alleged illogicality of the Thais, they at least elect (or try to elect) governments who have some interest in their welfare. The same can't be said for the anglophone world, or at least it can't be said to the same degree.

  18. #43
    Thailand Expat
    taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,411

  19. #44
    Member
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:04 PM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by Passing Through View Post
    In the past I've spent some time in an Issan village and at first was surprised at the poor village house with a wide screen TV and bugger all else, or how they would borrow money with barely a thought as to how they would repay the debt.
    Unlike westerners, who never gamble, play the lottery, or buy shit they can't afford, right? Go to any sink estate in Europe or trailer park in the states and you'll find only models of protestant rectitude, I suppose.

    As for the alleged illogicality of the Thais, they at least elect (or try to elect) governments who have some interest in their welfare. The same can't be said for the anglophone world, or at least it can't be said to the same degree.
    PT by cherry picking a sentence you have changed the context of what I said and also you failed to read the thread topic. The topic is Thai logic, and you have now seen fit to warble on about western trailer trash etc as if that had anything to do with the topic at hand. CONCENTRATE son and you'll eventually get there! Just keep breathing into that brown paper bag and relax. I knew this would eventually happen when someone put up a thread on microdosing.
    God it's hard to soar with Eagles.

  20. #45
    Harbinger of Doom

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Some twat with reading difficulties
    The topic is Thai logic,
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    As for the alleged illogicality of the Thais
    What were you saying? Something about how Thais are illogical because they buy things they can't afford, right? So presumably if it turns out that the Great White Man does the same then that wouldn't really be proof that Thais are particularly illogical, would it? Lucky then that subprime borrowers didn't nearly torch the whole global economic system through their habit of buying shit they can't afford.

  21. #46
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    9,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Passing Through View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Some twat with reading difficulties
    The topic is Thai logic,
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    As for the alleged illogicality of the Thais
    What were you saying? Something about how Thais are illogical because they buy things they can't afford, right? So presumably if it turns out that the Great White Man does the same then that wouldn't really be proof that Thais are particularly illogical, would it? Lucky then that subprime borrowers didn't nearly torch the whole global economic system through their habit of buying shit they can't afford.
    Sorry Hugh, but PT is right.
    All the threads like this about the failings of THAI people of necessity imply characteristics in Thai behaviour that are noticeably more widely prevalent than in the behaviour of people elsewhere in the world.
    So, for example, a fondness for noodles and a whacky level of belief in ghosts and the supernatural etc.. Yes.
    Illogicality in general, shit tv, being idiotic with personal finances etc...no.

    IMO.

  22. #47
    Harbinger of Doom

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,627
    ^ Quite. It just depends what you decide to compare. Thai TV news is a model of maturity and sophistication compared to American news but it would be ludicrous to conclude from that that Thais are much more intelligent than Americans.

    Obviously though these threads are only really there to serve the purpose of establishing the superiority over Thais (all, presumably, though for some reason it's only ever idiots from country backwaters who get to represent the country) of old, badly educated white men. Such is life, I suppose.

  23. #48
    Thailand Expat
    hick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Posts
    3,075
    When faced with a difficult decision, I always consult with my (much younger, less experienced, low educated, Issan, farmer) wife.

    Her response is always calm, collected and usually begins with, "give me some time to think it over."

    A day or two later she'll offer her perspective.

    I may not always follow it but it's generally well thought out and sensible and often contains some angles I hadn't considered.

    Logical? Yes.

  24. #49
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    9,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Passing Through
    Obviously, though these threads are only really there to serve the purpose of establishing the superiority over Thais of old, badly educated white men.
    What make's you say that?

  25. #50
    Harbinger of Doom

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,627
    There often talking about Thai's.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •