Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41
  1. #26
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    15,407
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme
    Thai boys are spoiled rotten and not asked to be responsible, whereas, Thai girls are usually looked upon as the ones to succeed and are asked to participated more by the responsible side - almost always more mature and levelheaded. The real Thai matrilineal social order, less the surface patriarchal one that is displayed.
    Not quite, who became king?
    His Mother.

  2. #27
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,042
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme
    Thai boys are spoiled rotten and not asked to be responsible, whereas, Thai girls are usually looked upon as the ones to succeed and are asked to participated more by the responsible side - almost always more mature and levelheaded. The real Thai matrilineal social order, less the surface patriarchal one that is displayed.
    Not quite, who became king?

    Oh dear....you do miss a lot, dontcha AO.

    Disconnections that can't be recovered - like most, unfortunately.

  3. #28
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,095
    Thai kids won't be aware of appropriate behavior if their parents don't recognize or bother correcting inappropriate behavior...preparing children for restaurants, movie theaters and other public spaces is a parental responsibility that is not frequently included in the Thainess handbook...

  4. #29
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,042
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Thai kids won't be aware of appropriate behavior if their parents don't recognize or bother correcting inappropriate behavior...preparing children for restaurants, movie theaters and other public spaces is a parental responsibility that is not frequently included in the Thainess handbook...
    All true.
    Yet, there are a variety of Thainess Handbooks for reference, and not one is similar to the next.

  5. #30
    Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    19-09-2017 @ 05:57 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    2,603
    This BS about the land of a thousand smiles,forget about the smile and watch the eyes,the Thais are so easy to sus, all these wannabe Thais, are getting fucked right over watching the eyes.

  6. #31
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,042
    Farang wear themselves on their sleeves and less connected.
    Much too easy for Thai to suss out.
    Not even a challenge for 'em.....

  7. #32
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Teakdoor forum upgrade office
    Posts
    11,607
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    Farang wear themselves on their sleeves and less connected.
    Much too easy for Thai to suss out.
    Not even a challenge for 'em.....
    Thais also wear themselves on their sleeves. It's very easy to see when you have pissed them off.

  8. #33
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    Farang wear themselves on their sleeves and less connected.
    Much too easy for Thai to suss out.
    Not even a challenge for 'em.....
    Thais also wear themselves on their sleeves. It's very easy to see when you have pissed them off.
    Indeed.
    My comment was loosely metaphoric in an attempt to balance out the usual skewed perspectives.

  9. #34
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme
    My comment was loosely metaphoric in an attempt to balance out the usual skewed perspectives.
    You may need more than a metaphor...

  10. #35
    Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    19-09-2017 @ 05:57 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    2,603
    Seems living in the illusion of the mystical Asia suits Jeff, fill the void scatman.

  11. #36
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Online
    15-06-2017 @ 06:55 PM
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by kjun12 View Post
    Why is it that Thais do not discipline their children when they are acting out? When a child runs around a store or restaurant screaming or generally misbehaving they seldom do anything and even encourage this misbehavior by laughing as though they believe that it is cute.
    yeah they seem to have no child rearing skills or discipline. most 90 or more children are not raised by their parents... so the kid is not really use to consistent discipline
    . but they are easily intimidated people tell the kids.. off although they will probably ust get terrified and not understand ... their kids are not that naughty..just a lack of respect ofr older people.. i dont think ive ever seen them really get out of hand...
    blacks in the hood are much much much worse fuck theyed just be committing murders haha well they already do plenty of murders poor mike brown hahaha

  12. #37
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Online
    15-06-2017 @ 06:55 PM
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    This BS about the land of a thousand smiles,forget about the smile and watch the eyes,the Thais are so easy to sus, all these wannabe Thais, are getting fucked right over watching the eyes.
    yeah the smile thing is so weird and fake..
    chinese do it when they are nervous ... theyll just grin and fakely laugh.. weird as hell. but you can see its not meant to be a smile in the way we see it just some weird thing they do..
    but the fake smile thing thai people do is so odd as its so obvious that its fake for them and everybody else..
    its odd- in indonesia for example they dont smile at you unless they are being genuine.. sure they are sneaky as hell just like thailand and a lot more gregarious than thais.. but they dont fake smiling if a person give you a smile after you talk with them or something its genuine. and indonesians can smile and laugh with ease but only for some reason. philipines you can go the whole day in some islands without a single smile ...
    but in thailand pretending to smile was a "thing" and i get the idea over time its not a.. pleasant "thing" either

  13. #38
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    8,621
    Quote Originally Posted by crazynoonga
    yeah the smile thing is so weird and fake..
    When they smile like that it's because they're embarrassed or scared. That's why it looks fake, cuz it is. The Thai way is 'show'.

    Quote Originally Posted by kjun12
    Why is it that Thais do not discipline their children when they are acting out? When a child runs around a store or restaurant screaming or generally misbehaving they seldom do anything and even encourage this misbehavior by laughing as though they believe that it is cute.
    Thais reward their children in public for bad behaviour. Instead of publicly smacking them or raising their voice they will pacify the child. What happens in private later I've no idea.

  14. #39
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crazynoonga
    yeah the smile thing is so weird and fake..
    When they smile like that it's because they're embarrassed or scared. That's why it looks fake, cuz it is. The Thai way is 'show'.

    Quote Originally Posted by kjun12
    Why is it that Thais do not discipline their children when they are acting out? When a child runs around a store or restaurant screaming or generally misbehaving they seldom do anything and even encourage this misbehavior by laughing as though they believe that it is cute.
    Thais reward their children in public for bad behaviour. Instead of publicly smacking them or raising their voice they will pacify the child. What happens in private later I've no idea.

    Broad brush painter.
    Per usual.

  15. #40
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    8,621
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme
    Broad brush painter. Per usual.
    Are you saying I'm wrong? Even my missus says Thais like to do things the easy way. Letting kids run riot is easier than having to control them.

  16. #41
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    20-09-2017 @ 01:33 PM
    Posts
    1,915
    One real reason some parents allow their kids to go wild and misbehave somewhat is so Westerners don't contemplate abducting, snatching or thinking about sexually molesting the young children.

    Polite, well-behaved, sweet young children are easy prey and one reads those sad stories all the time.

    Most Thai children "roam freely" without overbearing restrictions compared to Western kids constantly coddled by the parents. Ever see a Thai kid on a leash ?

    I'm writing with a vein of satire. I just wish it wasn't so true.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •