Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. #1
    Member Koetjeka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    12-11-2015 @ 02:07 AM
    Location
    Chomphra (Surin province)
    Posts
    462

    Spent Christmas in the hospital

    Hi all,

    Will soi food poison you? I'm not sure but I guess my food will...

    On Christmas eve I made myself a delicious Indonesian meal (Babi Kechap with pork), 5 minutes after I ate it I started feeling sick. 1 hour later I went to the toilet and I guess you'll know the rest... food out of both sides 'n stuff...
    After visiting the toilet 5 times my wife called an ambulance to take me to the hospital. The driver had to come from the city because the local driver was drunk (luckily I didn't have a heart attack or something else very serious).

    The doctor diagnosed food poisoning, so he told me to spend Christmas at the hospital. The nurse caused confusion by telling the doctor I was allergic to the medication (not true) and that I couldn't breathe (not true) so they stopped the medication without notifying me. Thanks you damn fat nurse.

    Positive side of the story, the bill for 3 days (private room) and medication was only 2500B.

    I'll never cook again.

  2. #2
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Koetjeka
    Positive side of the story, the bill for 3 days (private room) and medication was only 2500B.
    bargain

    could have stayed in bed with some bottles of water for free though

  3. #3
    Member Koetjeka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    12-11-2015 @ 02:07 AM
    Location
    Chomphra (Surin province)
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangMai noon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Koetjeka
    Positive side of the story, the bill for 3 days (private room) and medication was only 2500B.
    bargain

    could have stayed in bed with some bottles of water for free though
    I know, but the wife insisted

  4. #4
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    01-09-2017 @ 08:02 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    28,234
    Did you lose any weight? I'm about 15 kgs too fat, so I'd like a week or so of food poisoning...

    On a serious note, at least you're out and feeling better. Bad time though... Take care with the pork!

  5. #5
    The Pikey Hunter
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roasting a Hedgehog
    Posts
    12,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    Did you lose any weight? I'm about 15 kgs too fat, so I'd like a week or so of food poisoning...
    Happy to oblige. Where shall i send your "food parcel"?

  6. #6
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    01-09-2017 @ 08:02 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    28,234
    ^that's not very nice, Anal Rodent... It is the season of good cheer, so do try to make an effort...

  7. #7
    The Pikey Hunter
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roasting a Hedgehog
    Posts
    12,357
    ^ bah humbug.

  8. #8
    Special member
    jizzybloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    7,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Koetjeka
    I'll never cook again.
    That's the spirit!

    I don't do much more adventurous than make a sandwich

  9. #9
    Member Koetjeka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    12-11-2015 @ 02:07 AM
    Location
    Chomphra (Surin province)
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    Did you lose any weight? I'm about 15 kgs too fat, so I'd like a week or so of food poisoning...

    On a serious note, at least you're out and feeling better. Bad time though... Take care with the pork!
    Good question, I totally forgot about it. I've just checked and I've lost about 2-3kg (72/73 before, 70 now).

    And thanks for the reply



    That's the spirit!

    I don't do much more adventurous than make a sandwich
    I rarely cook myself, my wife is a superb chef so I don't have to. Now I come to think of it, I don't even remember why I cooked instead of my wife, lol.
    Oh and I don't really like sandwich either.

    //edit: It seems as if some (many?) people on this forum are really pissed off for some reason. Is it just me, the fact that I rarely post anything out of the construction forum or do you guys have the same feeling? Every thing I (or others) post out of the construction forum immediately gets some kind of sarcastic comment back. It's supposed to be a nice place right?
    Last edited by Koetjeka; 27-12-2013 at 06:49 PM.

  10. #10
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    01-09-2017 @ 08:02 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    28,234
    Different posters have different personalities, I used to be mean, but have mellowed and just like to be pleasant to folks whenever possible...

    The construction threads are pretty supportive, I think.

    The political threads can be chaos, I get quite angry in those meself...

    The sporting threads are good for insulting Norwich fans and Aussies.

    I'm not sure it's supposed to be a nice place! DD was often very rude to folks. Many of the original posters are quite confrontational, so there's certainly an edge. Gerbil always likes to attack me, but I do the same to him, and he does make some funny comments...
    How do I post these pictures???

  11. #11
    Member Koetjeka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    12-11-2015 @ 02:07 AM
    Location
    Chomphra (Surin province)
    Posts
    462
    Guess I'm just a softie then, haha.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,091
    Was Roast Turkey on the hospital menu?

  13. #13
    Member Koetjeka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    12-11-2015 @ 02:07 AM
    Location
    Chomphra (Surin province)
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    Was Roast Turkey on the hospital menu?
    Unfortunately not
    It was 3 times per day Khao Tom (rice soup) with some vegetables, meat and low-fat milk. Luckily the family bought me a lot of bread and orange juice from the 7-11.

  14. #14
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:41 PM
    Location
    Thermae
    Posts
    18,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Koetjeka
    Khao Tom
    with pork ?

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Koetjeka
    The nurse caused confusion by telling the doctor I was allergic to the medication (not true) and that I couldn't breathe (not true) so they stopped the medication without notifying me. Thanks you damn fat nurse.
    Sue her - she deserves it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Koetjeka
    It seems as if some (many?) people on this forum are really pissed off for some reason. Is it just me, the fact that I rarely post anything out of the construction forum or do you guys have the same feeling? Every thing I (or others) post out of the construction forum immediately gets some kind of sarcastic comment back. It's supposed to be a nice place right?
    Sorry.

  16. #16
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    25,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Koetjeka View Post
    Hi all,

    Will soi food poison you? I'm not sure but I guess my food will...

    On Christmas eve I made myself a delicious Indonesian meal (Babi Kechap with pork), 5 minutes after I ate it I started feeling sick. 1 hour later I went to the toilet and I guess you'll know the rest... food out of both sides 'n stuff...
    After visiting the toilet 5 times my wife called an ambulance to take me to the hospital. The driver had to come from the city because the local driver was drunk (luckily I didn't have a heart attack or something else very serious).

    The doctor diagnosed food poisoning, so he told me to spend Christmas at the hospital. The nurse caused confusion by telling the doctor I was allergic to the medication (not true) and that I couldn't breathe (not true) so they stopped the medication without notifying me. Thanks you damn fat nurse.

    Positive side of the story, the bill for 3 days (private room) and medication was only 2500B.

    I'll never cook again.
    Pussy. Hospital for a bit of bali belly? AMBULANCE??
    Suck it up like a man.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,022
    Bad luck mate. At least you are ok now.

  18. #18
    Special member
    jizzybloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    7,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Koetjeka
    Oh and I don't really like sandwich either.
    Hmmm, you are a strange person!

  19. #19
    Member Koetjeka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    12-11-2015 @ 02:07 AM
    Location
    Chomphra (Surin province)
    Posts
    462
    Sue her - she deserves it.
    I told the doctor and he's going to tell the boss If this nurse would be working in the USA she would probably have to pay me a few million Dollars though.


    Sorry.
    I wasn't talking about you Marmite, some other people are really annoying. No problem I guess it's time to show them the finger too those grumpy grannies in Thailand.

    Pussy. Hospital for a bit of bali belly? AMBULANCE??
    Suck it up like a man.
    Take some reading lessons or some new glasses mate, I clearly explained that my wife insisted in a reply.


    Bad luck mate. At least you are ok now.
    Thanks, it was just bad timing I guess (although I did get 3 days off for it, lol).


    Hmmm, you are a strange person!
    I guess so yes, I don't like sandwich, nor cheese, nor pizza (or Italian food in general). On the other hand, maybe I'm normal and you all are strange, it's just a point of view.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    21-07-2016 @ 04:28 AM
    Posts
    2,260
    On the rare occasions i have been in hospital i really enjoy it when the nurse gives a bed bath, i always ask for seconds.
    I love Thai ladies and nurse uniforms so in a way i wish i was admitted more often.

  21. #21
    Member Koetjeka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    12-11-2015 @ 02:07 AM
    Location
    Chomphra (Surin province)
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by dobella View Post
    On the rare occasions i have been in hospital i really enjoy it when the nurse gives a bed bath, i always ask for seconds.
    I love Thai ladies and nurse uniforms so in a way i wish i was admitted more often.
    I like ladies in uniforms but it was apparently too cold so they had to wear jackets and hats, just like 75% of the people in the village by the way

    The nurses in this hospital are not very beautiful too and I didn't get the female doctor either (she's very pretty).

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    21-07-2016 @ 04:28 AM
    Posts
    2,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Koetjeka
    The nurses in this hospital are not very beautiful too and I didn't get the female doctor either (she's very pretty).
    In Yanhee (BKK), it's spot the fugly, they are beautiful and its funny how they scoot around on roller skates with trays of meds. - only in Thailand eh ?

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    13,429

    Hospitals are a Horror Show

    My policy is to never willingly walk into a hospital, you might not walk out! I know too many people who've been killed in hospitals.

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:05 PM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,782
    Cowboy up bitch!

  25. #25
    Member Koetjeka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    12-11-2015 @ 02:07 AM
    Location
    Chomphra (Surin province)
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgen View Post
    Cowboy up bitch!
    There have never been cowboys in Thailand, you should know that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •