Welcome to the TeakDoor.com The Thailand Forum. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view some discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us
|Living In Thailand Forum How much rent should I pay? Should I buy a car or bike? Does Tesco sell the cheapest toasters? Will Soi food poison me? Are insects delicious? Where can I learn to use a Thai Toilet? Should I marry a bar girl?
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
|02-02-2013, 03:16 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Still trailer trash
Sorry to see this. When we had our Bhudda ceremony upcountry my instructions was to stay away from our teakhouse with the incense. On a side note I have seen the local upcountry temple almost catch on fire from the very same thing.
Just smile and repaint...TIT.
|02-02-2013, 05:19 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Last Online: Today 09:31 AM
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ex-Pat Thailand
Sorry to hear about your accident. I'll be paying more interest to our Buddha offerings from now on. I should invest in an extinguisher for sure just to be practical.
|02-02-2013, 05:44 PM||#4 (permalink)|
Sprayed On Member
Last Online: 11-05-2013 10:45 PM
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Not in the willage
Had a similar thing. A few years ago I accidentally kicked over the Buddha shrine during construction. Later that day the building caught fire.
A few days later I accidentally kicked it over a second time and all the water pipes burst inside the walls and they had to be torn down.
|03-02-2013, 07:30 AM||#7 (permalink)|
Last Online: 05-05-2013 01:56 PM
Join Date: May 2008
When we first moved in we put the Bhudda ontop of a tall cabinet the ones you use for display and a TV , well the wife put the candles and incents out and lit it up , the the 40000btu aircon unit above by about 3ft was blakend, filter could have cought fire but was put out when i came in and seen it . I got one of the shelves later and put in a safer place.
|03-02-2013, 05:24 PM||#13 (permalink)|
Gonna Miss This Place
Join Date: May 2007
|03-02-2013, 09:48 PM||#16 (permalink)|
Last Online: Today 11:43 AM
Join Date: Oct 2008
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|