Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 210

Thread: Thai Insults

  1. #51
    better looking than Ned
    Rigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    17-01-2018 @ 12:27 PM
    Posts
    7,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchaburi View Post
    I use this word you arse hole

    AH DOOT
    lue qui
    hole shit
    Doesnt doot mean fart

  2. #52
    ...................
    sunsetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Online
    23-01-2017 @ 01:18 AM
    Location
    underneath the sun
    Posts
    7,027
    hee naa hee

    drop that in a taxi, or on motocy taxi, instant trip to the hospital

  3. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    07-06-2017 @ 02:37 PM
    Posts
    546
    Doot [rhymes with boot] is asshole, like in 'yet doot mueng'. Doht [rhymes with naught] is fart, like in 'mueng doht geng, ai heeya'.

  4. #54
    Thailand Expat
    brettandlek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    25-07-2018 @ 12:49 PM
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,446
    [quote=Patrick;1769843]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post

    Don't use the local language, but do insult them in a patronizing manner... Our friend, Patrick probably has a Chinese-Thai wife...
    quote]

    It would be very interesting indeed to witness a meeting between you and my wife (of 35 years incidentally) and see her reaction when you call her “Chinese – Thai”!

    In the meantime dear old somtamslap – or brother “slaps” as you so cosily call him – continues to imply that ไอ้ specifically means “bloody” and อี means a far more offensive “f££cking” and there is no gender specific difference – despite my quotations from a well known Thai online resource to prove the opposite and his total inability to provide similarly authoritative references to refute me.

    Anyway children, go ahead and compete with each other to demonstrate your command of crudity: by using such terms in any conversation with Thais you merely confirm your lack of erudition, knowledge or sensitivity to usage of the language.

    Patrick
    My resorse is my missus and she was horrified to hear what i learn on here.
    She told me there is no difference between "I" and ""E" but like Patrrick says, maybe a local thing. I have pissed her off even more with some things i have learnt in this thread, so keep them coming, she is pregnant too, that make it even more fun.

  5. #55
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    20-07-2018 @ 02:50 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    28,239
    [quote=Patrick;1769843]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post

    Don't use the local language, but do insult them in a patronizing manner... Our friend, Patrick probably has a Chinese-Thai wife...
    quote]

    It would be very interesting indeed to witness a meeting between you and my wife (of 35 years incidentally) and see her reaction when you call her “Chinese – Thai”!

    In the meantime dear old somtamslap – or brother “slaps” as you so cosily call him – continues to imply that ไอ้ specifically means “bloody” and อี means a far more offensive “f££cking” and there is no gender specific difference – despite my quotations from a well known Thai online resource to prove the opposite and his total inability to provide similarly authoritative references to refute me.

    Anyway children, go ahead and compete with each other to demonstrate your command of crudity: by using such terms in any conversation with Thais you merely confirm your lack of erudition, knowledge or sensitivity to usage of the language.

    Patrick
    Why would I call your wife anything? What a strange statement...

    I can provide numerous examples of online resources of English, or even the most respected dictionaries, that have little interest in how language is used... Do you refuse to bloodywell split your infinitives, Patrick? It's all about context, brother Pat...

    You may want to have a chat with some very linguistically erudite folk about crudity:



    You're mentioned around 32 seconds into the video...

  6. #56
    Thailand Expat
    bobo746's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:17 AM
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    moderately educated Thais.
    Who wants to talk to those tossers.I know no thai and never will don't need it they all understand beer and how much.That's as much of a conversation i want too have with them.

  7. #57
    Member
    Ascotkiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Ayutthaya
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo746
    Who wants to talk to those tossers.I know no thai and never will don't need it they all understand beer and how much.That's as much of a conversation i want too have with them.

    Love it!

  8. #58
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    02-01-2012 @ 09:53 AM
    Posts
    3
    Can I have some clarification on:

    E Sat - Fucking animal.

    I was told by my ex that it means like daughter of a whore, or something to that effect?, after we split she turned up outside my apartment door, convinced security to open it (seriously what the fuck, it's my place!).

    She then proceeded to chase my chosen lady of the night around the room whilst screaming 'E sat' at the top of her voice and then chasing her down the corridor!, all this at 8am when all my neighbours were leaving to go to work etc.

    Was bad at the time but funny as fuck when I look back at it and i'm sure it gave security a laugh, their now under strict instructions not to let her in my room, I think she just told them she lost her key or something.

    Tom

  9. #59
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    20-07-2018 @ 02:50 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    28,239
    Quote Originally Posted by tomth
    not to let her in my room
    You didn't move???

  10. #60
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    02-01-2012 @ 09:53 AM
    Posts
    3
    I probably should have, but this was 4 months ago and no such further incidents, plus i really like it here, (A-Space Condo), and i'd only just moved in at the time.

    Also I was there when head security bollocked them, so I don't think it will happen again.

    No ex is crazy like a Thai ex!.

  11. #61
    Thailand Expat
    brettandlek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    25-07-2018 @ 12:49 PM
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by tomth View Post
    I probably should have, but this was 4 months ago and no such further incidents, plus i really like it here, (A-Space Condo), and i'd only just moved in at the time.

    Also I was there when head security bollocked them, so I don't think it will happen again.

    No ex is crazy like a Thai ex!.
    Farck that would have been scary as hell, you never know what they will do.
    I once saw a phrase and that was that nothing in the world is quite as frightening as an angry Thai lady, how true......

  12. #62
    Member drawp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Online
    22-05-2014 @ 12:53 PM
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    492
    I asked a few around here all from Isaan, all said e was feminine and I was masculine. Both are pretty offensive.

  13. #63
    Member keekwai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    11-02-2018 @ 07:27 PM
    Location
    Phnom Penh
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by somtamslap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thormaturge
    I find "Idiot" doesn't require any translation.
    I think the Thais use it too...
    A lot of my students do. I made up a few "Idiot of the Year" certificates last year for a few of the boys in my P5 class. They loved them.

    Last week I found a note on my desk from one of them (Now in P6) It said ... amongst a few other irrelevant things ...

    "The Idiot of the year spirit will stay in your class forever"

    Made me all teary eyed.
    You can use logic to justify anything. That's its power. It’s also its flaw.

  14. #64
    dfp
    dfp is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    15-11-2012 @ 12:58 PM
    Posts
    1
    Better not learn as you can get into real trouble.

  15. #65
    Member keekwai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    11-02-2018 @ 07:27 PM
    Location
    Phnom Penh
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by dfp View Post
    Better not learn as you can get into real trouble.
    I've let fly with a few "Ai Hee-uh's" at idiots in traffic .... so far I've only received goofy face saving smiles.

    (Probably thinking .. "Look at the farang swearing in Thai .. how cute")

  16. #66
    ding ding ding
    Spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,614
    Quote Originally Posted by drawp
    I asked a few around here all from Isaan, all said e was feminine and I was masculine. Both are pretty offensive.
    Last night on channel 3 some woman called a guy an "eye tau" thats short for tau hua ngoo, which means dirty old man. I asked the gf about the "eye" thing and she says its normal, not offensive at all.

    I don't get it.

  17. #67
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by brettandlek View Post
    Keep them coming, my missus never teaches me any shit like this, i learn from places like here or facebook. And i will be careful where i use them thanks Patrick.
    My missus says you wouldnt use them as a friendly term of abuse with friends at all unless you didnt want them as a friend.
    You should have seen my missus face when i was rattling off some of the words from here, priceless! so keep them coming.
    Yes I agree, I got a big, "who teach you that" fucking priceless, "why they have that on internet, stop reading that"

  18. #68
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    31-05-2011 @ 02:59 AM
    Posts
    9
    Thanks all for an interesting thread.

  19. #69
    Member isanmick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    09-04-2018 @ 12:45 PM
    Location
    sydney, nong han udon thani
    Posts
    294
    I call my sister-in-law "HUN-NEE" it means your pussy's blocked.
    But my wife tells me to only use slang around close friends and family who won't get offended.

  20. #70
    Member drawp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Online
    22-05-2014 @ 12:53 PM
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by isanmick View Post
    I call my sister-in-law "HUN-NEE" it means your pussy's blocked.
    But my wife tells me to only use slang around close friends and family who won't get offended.
    well I guess that's pretty much the same with any insult in any language, I mean you wouldn't go around calling a stranger a c--t in a pub would ya unless you wanted a bashing or a glassing

  21. #71
    Thailand Expat
    brettandlek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    25-07-2018 @ 12:49 PM
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by isanmick View Post
    I call my sister-in-law "HUN-NEE" it means your pussy's blocked.
    But my wife tells me to only use slang around close friends and family who won't get offended.
    My missus didnt understand this one, how disspointing.
    She reckons it means to turn around.

  22. #72
    Thailand Expat
    Pol the Pot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    22-02-2012 @ 03:37 PM
    Location
    Phnom Penh
    Posts
    1,643
    Who in his right mind speaks to the natives in their lingo anyway?

    The servants need to learn English quick smart if they don't want to be ex servants tomorrow.


  23. #73
    Member Bob63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    18-05-2014 @ 02:32 AM
    Posts
    200
    "e-heah" has earned some frowns for me.
    It means bitch as I understand.

    "ga-rii" is slang for prostitute I understand. If I say it, just to mention I know the word, the missus kicks me and get upset. If I really called her that I think our marriage would be over.
    Swearwords seem to mean more to thai than westerners. While you and I (farang to farang) may think funny to call each other "shitface", it is very dangerous to the the same to a thai. Better not.

    I agree with all the posters saying swearwords makes you look lo-so, but conversely that since the missus does not want to tell us, then we have a male obligation to find out this for ourselves, for certainly she is not to be the self-imposed filter.

  24. #74
    Member keekwai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    11-02-2018 @ 07:27 PM
    Location
    Phnom Penh
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob63 View Post
    "e-heah" has earned some frowns for me.
    It means bitch as I understand.
    No .. It means "You c**t"

  25. #75
    Thailand Expat
    kmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:18 PM
    Location
    Rayong.
    Posts
    9,719
    Someone could get killed after taking on some of the phrases in this thread...

    Talking yourself into a fight is easy. It's talking your way out of one..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •