Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 50 of 50
  1. #26
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,453
    Too lazy to learn Engrish, so get the world to learn Thai!

  2. #27
    POTUS HOCUS
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    03-12-2018 @ 01:21 PM
    Location
    Inner Wrongholia
    Posts
    13,668
    POTUS has revealed Lie is the new world language

  3. #28
    Your local I.Q. Monitor
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:42 PM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    1,811
    I am already fluent in Thai:

    Hello hasum man.
    I go with you
    I give you massad.
    I work in bar only one week.
    I do bar cashier onry.
    Sorry for ask money but my cousin live my home he vely sick and father cannot take he to hospital because motorcy old and he need new.

  4. #29
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Posts
    3,981
    One has to admit: the both languages (T, E) have something in common: Both of them are not very sophisticated, both of them have only one same form for noun, verb, adjective, sometimes also adverb (perhaps some more).

    However, one has to admit: the English is more developed, the words are separated and the sentence is ended by a full stop.

  5. #30
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ตะพานหิน
    Posts
    5,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    One has to admit: the both languages (T, E) have something in common: Both of them are not very sophisticated, both of them have only one same form for noun, verb, adjective, sometimes also adverb (perhaps some more).

    However, one has to admit: the English is more developed, the words are separated and the sentence is ended by a full stop.
    Though, that wouldn't be cause to justify "development".

    Might be easier to consider the respective culture regarding faux development and illusional superiority.


  6. #31
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    15,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    both of them have only one same form for noun, verb, adjective, sometimes also adverb (perhaps some more).
    What exactly do you mean by that, Klondyke?

    Can you give some examples to show what you mean, please?

  7. #32
    POTUS HOCUS
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    03-12-2018 @ 01:21 PM
    Location
    Inner Wrongholia
    Posts
    13,668
    Quote Originally Posted by HuangLao View Post
    illusional superiority.
    I almost spilled my wine

  8. #33
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Posts
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    What exactly do you mean by that, Klondyke?

    Can you give some examples to show what you mean, please?
    Firts, I would need to explain you what do
    noun, verb, adjective, sometimes also adverb (perhaps some more).
    mean. However, I am afraid it's over my ability.

    Nevertheless, do not give up...

  9. #34
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    15,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    Firts, I would need to explain you what do noun, verb, adjective, sometimes also adverb (perhaps some more).
    mean. However, I am afraid it's over my ability.
    I know what they are. What I don't understand is your comment that there is only one same form for them.

    If you don't understand your comment yourself, where did you get the idea from? Link?
    Last edited by Neverna; 08-09-2018 at 10:14 AM. Reason: typos

  10. #35
    POTUS HOCUS
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    03-12-2018 @ 01:21 PM
    Location
    Inner Wrongholia
    Posts
    13,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    I don't undertand

    While I cannot understand it for you, I can send a pm with a link to Dr CCC therapists STD clinic

    Syntax,Taxonomy and Danglers, what we call in the trade due to thuderous applause teh

    CLAP CLINIC



    Ergot ergativity may induce Earl's Court syndrome amongst pre minstrel bandmembers
    I used to have a job at a calendar factory.
    I got the sack because
    I took a couple of days off.

  11. #36
    Thailand Expat
    Lostandfound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Posts
    2,976
    In a post apocalyptic world where we live in trees and exchanging coconuts and shagging are the most complicated forms of human interaction.... then yes. Thai would be ideal as a global language

  12. #37
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Posts
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    I know what they are. What I don't understand is your comment that there is only one same form for them.

    If you don't understand your comment yourself, where did you get the idea from? Link?
    I do understand my comment, I do not need any link.
    (WTF nowadays people ask for everything to provide a link? Did you ask it 20 years ago, should I run to Uni Library to bring you the book?)

    However, I can get the idea from myself, by my thinking about the matter, comparing with other languages where the form is more explicit. That's why the English is easy to learn, even the girls from Soi Cowboy can master it after few (hard) working hours.

    However, there are plenty of links where the examples are explained, even such where
    Words That Are Both Nouns And Verbs Vocabulary Word List
    Words That Are Both Nouns And Verbs Vocabulary Word List - EnchantedLearning.com

    You - as a native English speaker, I suppose - surely could find much more examples than I can with my poor English:

    noun: This is my back
    verb: I will back you
    adjective: This was on the back side
    adverb: I want to take it back

    However, since the form is not always explicit, one could always argue about that.

    But please do not ask me to write the same examples in Thai...

  13. #38
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    15,764
    OK. I understand your comment now, though clearly your comment is an overgeneralisation (it's not true for all words nor for all parts of speech, not even the ones you mentioned in your post).

  14. #39
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Posts
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    it's not true for all words nor for all parts of speech, not even the ones you mentioned in your post).
    Haven't I said?
    However, since the form is not always explicit, one could always argue about that.

  15. #40
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    15,764
    No. Those two comments do not mean the same. Not in English anyway. Perhaps in your own language they are the same. Mai pen rai.

  16. #41
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Posts
    3,981
    ^I do not want to argue with you, it's not easy. (I am no linguist, perhaps you should ask Noam Chomsky.)

    My point was that English is quite simple language where the form of the word does not always explicitly say the full meaning (similarly as in Thai). A further hint or a conjunction with another word, a context, is sometimes needed to understand fully.

    That's why a scarce headline in the newspaper has to be sometimes read twice. (you can say yes, because of my poor English).


    Why an additional hint? Perhaps you can explain me this:

    Because you are "unfaithful". Spoken about a man or a woman?

    I know it's not easy for you to answer: That's what your Nick means in many Slavic languages. However, when such words - like your Nick - ending with the "a", it says immediately: It's a woman". No further hint needed...

  17. #42
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    15,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    My point was that English is quite simple language where the form of the word does not always explicitly say the full meaning (similarly as in Thai). A further hint or a conjunction with another word, a context, is sometimes needed to understand fully.
    Your comment seems to suggest English is not so simple. A "verb + pronoun" = something else entirely. Pick (verb), pick up, pick on, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    Why an additional hint? Perhaps you can explain me this:

    Because you are "unfaithful". Spoken about a man or a woman?

    I know it's not easy for you to answer: That's what your Nick means in many Slavic languages. However, when such words - like your Nick - ending with the "a", it says immediately: It's a woman". No further hint needed...
    Your problem seems to be that you're using a Slavic langauge to disect a forum username that has nothing to do with a Slavic language. I seem to remember telling you that some time ago (November 2014).

    But I suppose your comment about my nic was not your point, just that having a feminine ending or masculine ending makes it easier for you to understand, or that having a feminine ending or masculine ending makes a language more spohisticated (or less simple) in your opinion.
    signature

  18. #43
    Banned

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    19-01-2019 @ 03:32 PM
    Posts
    2,904
    Mr P's favourite band, er singing a Jap song


  19. #44
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    My point was that English is quite simple language where the form of the word does not always explicitly say the full meaning (similarly as in Thai). A further hint or a conjunction with another word, a context, is sometimes needed to understand fully.
    Simple for you because you mangle the language in all your posts Your writing skills are at an upper elementary or maybe a lower intermediate level. You have no command of subject verb or articles. Your writing consistently has major errors. They dont impede the gist but its obvious you dont have command at all.

  20. #45
    Banned

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    19-01-2019 @ 03:32 PM
    Posts
    2,904
    Thai is a peasant language, I will wait until the lazy sods all learn a proper one

  21. #46
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ตะพานหิน
    Posts
    5,581
    Chinky is looming.
    Beware the Yellow Peril.

  22. #47
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Posts
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    Simple for you because you mangle the language in all your posts Your writing skills are at an upper elementary or maybe a lower intermediate level. You have no command of subject verb or articles. Your writing consistently has major errors. They dont impede the gist but its obvious you dont have command at all.
    How generous from you that you have been pointing to my poor English. And how polite from you and how understanding. I am very sorry to disturb your fine feeling, perhaps it has spoiled your day, hasn't it?
    (I know that it is hindering you to concentrate on the matter of the topic, therefore we do not get your valuable comments.)

    I hope it will not leave some ugly lifelong lasting after-effects, or did it already? Do not give up, there is always a hope to survive it and improve yourself.

    I have been really appreciating your kind comments, it helps me to hone my poor English, unfortunately, not to the grade as your Queen's English.

    (and many thanks that you haven't placed me on your ignore list, no more space there?)

  23. #48
    Newbie
    Paruk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Last Online
    07-02-2019 @ 02:57 PM
    Location
    At Home
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly94 View Post
    Thai is a peasant language, I will wait until the lazy sods all learn a proper one
    Right! 100%

  24. #49
    Thailand Expat
    rickschoppers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    7,171

  25. #50
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:14 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    16,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    we're all booked in for a Thai intensive language program
    According to visa applications.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •