Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Online
    04-01-2016 @ 02:39 PM
    Posts
    7

    Powerful men in Thailand.

    Hello, everyone.

    I was told that in Thailand if the man is very powerful (having a governmental position or being a police chief, for instance) he has the right to go out with women that already have a boyfriend or are married? Is this cultural?

    I was told a story that a girl needed to go out with a powerful man (who is married) in Thailand because he was the chief police officer. She went out with him but together with her mother. And the girl told me that in these situations the powerful man even wants to have sex with the girl.

    Is this cultural?

    Thanks for the answer.

  2. #2
    ความสุขในอีสาน
    nigelandjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Frinton on sea and Ban Pak
    Posts
    12,820
    Oh God here we go again

    Do you know if you have a good look around there are so many worthy hobbies to soak up your spare time

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    19-11-2017 @ 09:21 AM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,798
    WANKA!

  4. #4
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    15,793
    Yes. Any Thai male over the rank of Pizza Delivery man (second class) has the right of Droit de Seigneur. This is the true meaning of the paratrooper wings worn on every uniform from crossing attendant to the dizzy heights of sergeant of immigration police.

  5. #5
    RUSH HER TODAY
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    DOG HOUSE
    Posts
    9,974
    I understand this a sensitive issue to many men like you contemplating bender re-assignment.

    Worry knot they are most arresting and you may grow 'fond' of it

    There is a support group.

    TRUNCHEON VOUCHER AWARENESS

    Meets On Nutz Beer Garten


    Off course a lil known secretmany of the really powerful men post here or do wait training in MuckDoon Old's
    I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn’t find any.

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Online
    04-01-2016 @ 02:39 PM
    Posts
    7
    I understand.

    Thank you all for the answers.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:56 AM
    Location
    There
    Posts
    30,344
    RU from Brazil? GIYF- Vargas.

  8. #8
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    01-09-2017 @ 08:02 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    28,234
    It's not such a stupid question. There is a lot of intimidation through seniority and patronage, and failure to abide can result in violent consequences so yes, young beautiful Thai women are a target for powerful scumbags.

  9. #9
    Sukhumvet
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,865
    Thailand is run by approx 600 families. As any of them?

  10. #10
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    It's not such a stupid question. There is a lot of intimidation through seniority and patronage, and failure to abide can result in violent consequences so yes, young beautiful Thai women are a target for powerful scumbags.
    I would think outright intimidation is rare.

    And do they have the "right", as in OP? No.

    But is "powerful men" using their position and influence to sway young lasses unique to Thailand, again, I would have to feel the answer is no.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:56 AM
    Location
    There
    Posts
    30,344
    You would be amazed how deferentially the upper (ie w/$) classes think of and treat the lower classes here. So would General Vargas.

  12. #12
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Online
    04-01-2016 @ 02:39 PM
    Posts
    7
    Yes, I am from Brazil. And it does remind me of Vargas era.

    But as it was mentioned here before, I think that's fading and there are not many instances of this practice nowadays. For example, my friend said she has the right to say "No" if asked.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    rickschoppers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    7,065
    Jesus man, this happens in every country in the world! Is it culture? Sure it is.

  14. #14
    Member Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    04-10-2017 @ 01:02 PM
    Location
    at the banks of the Mighty Muddy River
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    It's not such a stupid question. There is a lot of intimidation through seniority and patronage, and failure to abide can result in violent consequences so yes, young beautiful Thai women are a target for powerful scumbags.
    I would think outright intimidation is rare.

    And do they have the "right", as in OP? No.

    But is "powerful men" using their position and influence to sway young lasses unique to Thailand, again, I would have to feel the answer is no.
    I believe you under-estimate the problem. And it's not limited to Thailand. A guy from Brazil should know.
    Everywhere in the world where there is huge income difference between those in charge and those not, there is a lot of intimidation and pressure on young beautiful women. Whether by government officials, or by factory owners intimidating their workers...
    - - - We Need A Revolution - - -
    You have no chance, so grab it.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    rickschoppers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    7,065
    ^
    That's what I said, innit?

  16. #16
    Member Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    04-10-2017 @ 01:02 PM
    Location
    at the banks of the Mighty Muddy River
    Posts
    502
    ^ It is indeed, so we agree

  17. #17
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Online
    04-01-2016 @ 02:39 PM
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by rickschoppers View Post
    Jesus man, this happens in every country in the world! Is it culture? Sure it is.
    I urge to disagree with that. If that exists in Brazil, it'd be in a very very archaic village or small town. But again, there is a big "If" n that.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,086
    Well, the copper in Kanchanaburi chopped off the two arms of a Karaoke hostess when she refused him, so yes Princess, bend over and open up when Somchai the motosai taxi driver wants to root ya.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,022
    learn-thai-language

    powerful-men-in-thailand

    yep, correctly placed.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    rickschoppers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    7,065
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilTh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickschoppers View Post
    Jesus man, this happens in every country in the world! Is it culture? Sure it is.
    I urge to disagree with that. If that exists in Brazil, it'd be in a very very archaic village or small town. But again, there is a big "If" n that.
    So I guess you grew up in Brazil and know all that goes on behind closed doors. From what I have heard from friends, women are used in the same way there as in Thailand. Does that not open the intimidation door?

  21. #21
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Online
    04-01-2016 @ 02:39 PM
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by rickschoppers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilTh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickschoppers View Post
    Jesus man, this happens in every country in the world! Is it culture? Sure it is.
    I urge to disagree with that. If that exists in Brazil, it'd be in a very very archaic village or small town. But again, there is a big "If" n that.
    So I guess you grew up in Brazil and know all that goes on behind closed doors. From what I have heard from friends, women are used in the same way there as in Thailand. Does that not open the intimidation door?
    That's hardly ever the truth. The idea of giving away your beloved to a "more powerful" man sounds utterly absurd and it is not acceptable whatsoever in Brazil. Maybe in past days like in Vargas era and even so there was a lot of physical and psychological pressure over the relatives and the lady in order for this to be done. It was never a pacific negotiation.

    Long long ago (say 15th century) that was true. So I don't know what your friends told you but they are certainly misinformed. I've lived in Brazil for 31 years

  22. #22
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    01-09-2017 @ 08:02 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    28,234
    Let me just give an example:

    I taught a really nice girl on an MA course, she was basically a Thai from a Northern tribe, but full Thai passport, etc. She told me that she had two sisters, all ere attractive, and one had been taken away from her family at 15 to be fuked by the local hi-sos before being sent to Japan for prostitution.

    I asked her why she didn't report it; she told me it was the senator and head of police who controlled it.

    I asked her why her father didn't fight it; she told me that her dad did have a choice - give up a daughter or have all 3 killed. She also said this wasn't an idle threat and was standard practice.

    I believe her.
    How do I post these pictures???

  23. #23
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    01-09-2017 @ 08:02 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    28,234
    Let me give another example:

    Folks wonder why the young motorcycle racer gangs are not stopped. Well, the girls that hang around the gangs, 13, 14 and 15 years old mostly, are used as prostitutes both for the winning racer, but more importantly for the local police and hi-sos. &, I'm talking about this going on in the famous little island itself, nevermind outside of Bangkok...

  24. #24
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Online
    04-01-2016 @ 02:39 PM
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    Let me just give an example:

    I taught a really nice girl on an MA course, she was basically a Thai from a Northern tribe, but full Thai passport, etc. She told me that she had two sisters, all ere attractive, and one had been taken away from her family at 15 to be fuked by the local hi-sos before being sent to Japan for prostitution.

    I asked her why she didn't report it; she told me it was the senator and head of police who controlled it.

    I asked her why her father didn't fight it; she told me that her dad did have a choice - give up a daughter or have all 3 killed. She also said this wasn't an idle threat and was standard practice.

    I believe her.
    When was that?

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,041
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilTh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    Let me just give an example:

    I taught a really nice girl on an MA course, she was basically a Thai from a Northern tribe, but full Thai passport, etc. She told me that she had two sisters, all ere attractive, and one had been taken away from her family at 15 to be fuked by the local hi-sos before being sent to Japan for prostitution.

    I asked her why she didn't report it; she told me it was the senator and head of police who controlled it.

    I asked her why her father didn't fight it; she told me that her dad did have a choice - give up a daughter or have all 3 killed. She also said this wasn't an idle threat and was standard practice.

    I believe her.
    When was that?
    Not true.

    Bets has a novelty for making shit up as well as painting a broad standard for one peculiar instance....
    Consider the source.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •