Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 39 of 39
  1. #26
    Thailand Expat
    bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Location
    alone on a hill
    Posts
    3,193
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilTh
    I was told that in Thailand

  2. #27
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    01-09-2017 @ 08:02 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    28,234
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme
    Not true.

    Bets has a novelty for making shit up as well as painting a broad standard for one peculiar instance....
    Consider the source.
    It is 100% true. You may remember a certain senator wipe his wife out with his ozi in a restaurant; and what happened? I don't recall seeing a trial.

    It was about 4 years ago when I last worked in Thailand.

    & no, I don't make any stuff up.
    How do I post these pictures???

  3. #28
    Thailand Expat
    jamescollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    20-11-2017 @ 10:47 PM
    Location
    Bunthrik Ubon
    Posts
    4,434
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme
    Not true.

    Bets has a novelty for making shit up as well as painting a broad standard for one peculiar instance....
    Consider the source.
    Agree totally, don't work out that way in my neck of the woods, no cops here, border troops, locals run the show.
    In the Amphor, governor can transfer the cops out, there are unwritten laws on behavior, by both police, hiso and government.

    Break the rules of the game and you could end up on a one way walk into the jungle.
    Plenty of girls, Thai and Lao to be had for a few Baht or good time, no matter how big you think you are, upset an extended family, time to get out.

    Some years ago, the police opened a small station on the main 2248, about 7 km from me.
    First day they started fining people, helmets, licences, number plates, in my village there are only 3 motorbikes legal today.
    That night the police station came under automatic weapons fire, now years later, army and police, but no locals fined, buses, cars checked, drugs and lumber.

    Girls like uniforms and guys with money, so why bother putting the hard word on some girl who's family may come visit with firepower.

  4. #29
    Thailand Expat
    rickschoppers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    7,065
    Bottom line is that women have always played around those with power or cash, either willingly or unwillingly. To think this does not happen everywhere and fairly regularly is just being naive. Fact and culture.

  5. #30
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    01-09-2017 @ 08:02 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    28,234
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister
    Girls like uniforms and guys with money, so why bother putting the hard word on some girl who's family may come visit with firepower.
    The girls are taken and sent abroad as prostitutes - this has been going on forever; certainly when I first went to Samui 20 years ago, the most beautiful girl I met was from the North and kept against her will as 'payment' for a debt - she had Thai men permanently around her making sure she didn't try and run off anywhere Thailand is a world centre for prostitution and all the violence, intimidation, murder, etc that goes along with that trade; it's not all beautiful young girls that love to fuk old ugly men for money... I have friends in Bkk with 'house help' who are still tattooed (you know, slave tattoos). This is a patronage culture and all that goes along with that - unbridled power from the top

  6. #31
    Member Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    04-10-2017 @ 01:02 PM
    Location
    at the banks of the Mighty Muddy River
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister
    Girls like uniforms and guys with money, so why bother putting the hard word on some girl who's family may come visit with firepower.
    The girls are taken and sent abroad as prostitutes - this has been going on forever; certainly when I first went to Samui 20 years ago, the most beautiful girl I met was from the North and kept against her will as 'payment' for a debt - she had Thai men permanently around her making sure she didn't try and run off anywhere Thailand is a world centre for prostitution and all the violence, intimidation, murder, etc that goes along with that trade; it's not all beautiful young girls that love to fuk old ugly men for money... I have friends in Bkk with 'house help' who are still tattooed (you know, slave tattoos). This is a patronage culture and all that goes along with that - unbridled power from the top
    100% agree there BB - it's not all beautiful young girls that love to fuk old ugly men for money...
    But it's men in power who pressure girls into unwanted sex with them. Factory owners wanting massage or more, with the thread that the girl could lose her job.

    I am happy for those who are unaware of these practices, the OP included. Live your life in happy innocence.
    - - - We Need A Revolution - - -
    You have no chance, so grab it.

  7. #32
    Thailand Expat
    rickschoppers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    7,065
    Well said you two and I agree. Even though Thailand is more in your face when it comes to prostitution and intimidation, they both exist everwhere in the world. In the west things are probably a little more hidden, but has anyone ever heard of the 'screening couch?' Women want so much to become an actress, they are willing to give sexual favors to men in power to become one. This is just one example and there are many others.

    Intimidation is everywhere in the workplace and covers a wide range of reasons. To work longer hours, to have mothers find daycare or other methods of childcare to work more, for raises in pay, for promotions, for just keeping their jobs. It happens and it is everywhere. Intimidation can be subtle and I have even witnessed it in various management meetings.

    What some forget is the fact that men are intimidated every day in the workplace, not for sex, but for better performance or company profits. I dare anyone to say this does not happen.

  8. #33
    Newbie Midfield General's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    03-03-2016 @ 04:56 PM
    Posts
    29
    I know a girl who owned a busy beer bar on soi 8 in Pattaya They used to get hassled of a senior cop who used to come in wearing full uniform demanding free drink and some free short time with any girl who caught his eye. This cop was notorious in the area amongst the girls and probably still is.

  9. #34
    Thailand Expat HermantheGerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    10-11-2017 @ 01:47 AM
    Location
    Germany/Satthahip
    Posts
    4,667
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilTh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickschoppers View Post
    Jesus man, this happens in every country in the world! Is it culture? Sure it is.
    I urge to disagree with that. If that exists in Brazil, it'd be in a very very archaic village or small town. But again, there is a big "If" n that.
    Just go to your local priest in your very very archaic village. He's the man with the golden knob. Didn't you ever wonder why most kids in your village look like Padre Juan Sancho Panocha.

  10. #35
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    12-06-2017 @ 10:28 PM
    Posts
    9
    I would personally offer up my wife to that guy on TV every Friday. The one with the big diamond ring. You know he's earning 150,000 on top of his military wage right?

  11. #36
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Online
    30-07-2017 @ 10:32 PM
    Posts
    6
    This sort of thing goes on everywhere in Asia, but I've noticed it less in Thailand

  12. #37
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Posts
    45,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme
    Not true.

    Bets has a novelty for making shit up as well as painting a broad standard for one peculiar instance....
    Consider the source.
    It is 100% true. You may remember a certain senator wipe his wife out with his ozi in a restaurant; and what happened? I don't recall seeing a trial.

    It was about 4 years ago when I last worked in Thailand.

    & no, I don't make any stuff up.
    I thought it was his mistress? And if I remember he was cleaning it and it went off accidentally, I mean that sounds perfectly reasonable doesn't it?

    No need to bring charges over something so insignificant.

    I always take my firearms to restaurants when they need a good clean.

  13. #38
    Can I still change this?
    Bogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:54 AM
    Posts
    4,067
    He got away through the laws of the land.

    The shooting happened in a place called Wang Chin in Phrae.

    Here is a copy and paste...

    Senator protected by immunity
    Published: 22/10/2012 at 01:08 PMOnline news: Local News

    The Senate on Monday voted to reject a police request that it to allow Mae Hong Son senator Boonsong Kowawisarach to be questioned about the fatal shooting of his former wife.

    The police request was taken up for consideration as an urgent issue, only to be turned down on the grounds that the senator is protected by parliamentary immunity and that the parliament will go into recess only one month from now.

    Source - News: Senator protected by immunity
    Black diamonds? I shit 'em.

  14. #39
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogon View Post
    He got away through the laws of the land.

    The shooting happened in a place called Wang Chin in Phrae.

    Here is a copy and paste...

    Senator protected by immunity
    Published: 22/10/2012 at 01:08 PMOnline news: Local News

    The Senate on Monday voted to reject a police request that it to allow Mae Hong Son senator Boonsong Kowawisarach to be questioned about the fatal shooting of his former wife.

    The police request was taken up for consideration as an urgent issue, only to be turned down on the grounds that the senator is protected by parliamentary immunity and that the parliament will go into recess only one month from now.

    Source - News: Senator protected by immunity

    Surprised?
    The happy land of elitist grade [and associations] rule.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •