Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    04-03-2012 @ 11:51 AM
    Posts
    17

    Long Stay Vientiane (3 Months)

    Hey all.


    I currently reside in Bangkok, ive been staying in Bangkok for the last 16 months and the place is finally getting on my nerves.


    I went to Vientiane for a Visa run last year, and i fell in love with the place.


    So now im thinking i will make a 3 month exodus to Vientiane, but i need advices on where to long stay there.



    My budget aint huge, i got aproximatly 38 000 THB a month to spend, total, and that should include everything, living cost, food and drink etc.


    I need advice on what hotels and guesthouses offer long stay discounts, or generall tips about longstaying in Vientiane, it would be greatly apriciated.



    Or if somone know any serviced apartments that offer 3 month rentals to a good price then that would be interesting aswell.



    Perhaps good clean guesthouses that offer long stay alternatives to decent prices are my best bet, so any concrete tips about such places would be grand.



    Best Regards.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Phuketrichard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    04-11-2018 @ 02:13 PM
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    1,241
    have u added this in;
    You can extend your 30-day tourist visa up to an additional 60 days for a fee of $2 per day through the Department of Immigration in Vientiane.
    Would think u can find a GH willing to give ya a monthly rent of under 10,000baht/month

    Might be cheaper to go stya up country like Luang Prabang

    and keep this in mind;

    Relationship with Lao Citizens: Lao law prohibits sexual contact between foreign citizens and Lao nationals except when the two parties have been married in accordance with Lao Family Law. Any foreigner who enters into a sexual relationship with a Lao national risks being interrogated, detained, arrested, or fined. Lao police have confiscated passports and imposed fines of up to $5,000 on foreigners who enter into unapproved sexual relationships. The Lao party to the relationship may be jailed without trial. Foreigners are not permitted to invite Lao nationals of the opposite sex to their hotel rooms; police may raid hotel rooms without notice or consent.
    Last edited by Phuketrichard; 04-02-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol or insanity, but they've always worked for me" HST

    View my pics

  3. #3
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    30-08-2018 @ 07:39 AM
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,951
    I think you should have a rethink.....Only if you cannot refrain from having any sexual encounters for 3 months.

  4. #4
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    You're best bet is to book into any decent looking guest house for the first night or two and spend a day looking for a cheaper long term place.

    If you're looking for a wild time, go to Vangvieng.
    You can get anything there.

    If you want a more relaxed culturally orientated time, fly to Luangprabang.
    The ladies are very conservative.

    If you want more of a city trip, hang around Vientiane.
    Sex is no big problem there, be discreet.

    Expect to pay about Bht 11,000/mth or less for a long stay room off season.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    billy the kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    19-11-2016 @ 07:57 PM
    Posts
    7,639
    probably better off finding somewhere to chill
    in thailand.
    who'd want to risk 5,000 bucks for a romp.

    lao is nice but it is communist and so lots and lots of nice spies around.

    or head further up to yunnan, china where the ladies are gorgeous and hassle free.
    for a small price.
    you can get the visa real easy in vientian.

  6. #6
    FarangRed
    Guest
    Stay in Nong Khai many lovely ladies there and no risk in getting your balls shot off

  7. #7
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    Lots of teenage Lao girls there!

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    04-03-2012 @ 11:51 AM
    Posts
    17
    Not being able to have an Lao girlfriend is certainly a dealbreaker for me, didnt expect that one tbh, last time i was in VTE i was there with my TGF.

    How exactly does that work in real life? will i get busted by the police if come riding with my motorbike with a Lao girl?

    Will i be busted by the police (if they see me) heading home from a bar with a Lao girl in tow? Or if i come walking down the street with a Lao girl in daytime...?

    Or is it only if they catch us in the sex act in itself that i will be in trouble? And in that case are there any history of setups where the girls bait you and is working hand in hand with the police to share the upcoming bribe?

    Dunno what to do now, i dont use prostitutes but i dont mind the butterfly girls, i rather stick to one girl who aint asking for money, a girl whos just looking for a meal and place to stay suits me far better. Any chance to find single Thai girls in VTE? i guess not.

    Dunno what to do now tbh, long stay in Nong Khai as mentioned? is that remotely possible without going insane?

    Im pretty bored/fed up with the BKK life, and the island life dont attract so much either anymore since ive been there and done that aswell.
    Last edited by SweRob; 04-02-2012 at 10:39 PM.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    alwarner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    21-09-2018 @ 03:15 PM
    Location
    Location: Location.
    Posts
    5,126
    Cambodia?

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    04-03-2012 @ 11:51 AM
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by alwarner View Post
    Cambodia?
    Know nothing about the place, only been cross the border at Poi Pet 3 times, and i hated the place, also im passed the backpacker age by some 10 years, so i just want a decent town to relax in for 3 months untill i hit the flight back home.

    Think i would feel like a fish out of water in Cambodia tbh.

  11. #11
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    Alwarner's got the idea.
    Cambodia is cheaper, girls are lovely and more available and no law against adult sex.
    The local grass is cheap and good and more or less legal as the locals use it for cooking.

    It's gonna be hot there though.

    In Lao, the only time you get busted for sex is if you're caught shagging or even with a lady visiting your room.
    I've never seen or head of it happening in 5 years there, back and forth.

    Chiangmai and Pai are nice places, the girls are fun and cheaper than Bkk.
    If you like Thailand, go there.
    You'd like Pai, a bit hippy- happy but very laid back.

    After one week, Bkk sux, IMO.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    11-09-2018 @ 12:58 AM
    Posts
    592
    It seems that having a Lao GF is now as well accepted as smoking weed in Lao, so just wait that sea level raise a bit and reaches Vientiane, then Lao will be called paradise :-)

  13. #13
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    That's the impression I get now, too.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    the dogcatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    24-12-2015 @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    My body is not a temple, It's the hell where I reside.
    Posts
    5,708
    I love Laos.
    May I recomend "the dogcatcher does Laos again" thread.
    Don't go to girls houses. I don't sleep at laosy's, too risky.
    Aside from that the village is a shithole.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    adzt1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    08-12-2018 @ 03:32 PM
    Location
    watching&learning
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by SweRob View Post

    Dunno what to do now, i dont use prostitutes but i dont mind the butterfly girls, .
    I'm not having a dig but can u cross it by me the difference between these ^^^???,
    is it something to do with ur conscience incase ur family ask where she came from,
    or u just like taking in poor little girls who need a bed n feed for the night??

    isn't a butterfly girl a covert street walker??

    Don't get me wrong I used to love a Brass , used to get em all ova the world.

    P.s don't do loas. wears u down if ur after city life.
    how about Chang mai , birds/ view n cheap.
    if u like "butterfly girls how about saigon , loads of em trawling around there!!
    will not put up wiv the "Nanny state" so don't push it on me.

  16. #16
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    04-03-2012 @ 11:51 AM
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by adzt1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SweRob View Post

    Dunno what to do now, i dont use prostitutes but i dont mind the butterfly girls, .
    I'm not having a dig but can u cross it by me the difference between these ^^^???,
    is it something to do with ur conscience incase ur family ask where she came from,
    or u just like taking in poor little girls who need a bed n feed for the night??

    isn't a butterfly girl a covert street walker??

    Don't get me wrong I used to love a Brass , used to get em all ova the world.

    P.s don't do loas. wears u down if ur after city life.
    how about Chang mai , birds/ view n cheap.
    if u like "butterfly girls how about saigon , loads of em trawling around there!!
    I just prefer to have one girl over the duration of my stay, one that cleans, do the dishes, laundry, food shopping and functions like a turist guide, cannot come close to that with a regular 1000 bath a night bar girl.

    Ya, Chiang Mai might be a better choice tbh, are there decent rooms available for around 10 000 bath monthly there?

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    adzt1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    08-12-2018 @ 03:32 PM
    Location
    watching&learning
    Posts
    1,210
    ^^ Chang mai is lovely , its got all u want, mind u u sound demanding though I mean , shopping,cleaning n all that, my gf will do it but we have to share and I've built her up to that for the past 8 yrs.
    good luck though hope u find a diamond , they are out there

  18. #18
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    Quote Originally Posted by SweRob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adzt1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SweRob View Post

    Dunno what to do now, i dont use prostitutes but i dont mind the butterfly girls, .
    I'm not having a dig but can u cross it by me the difference between these ^^^???,
    is it something to do with ur conscience incase ur family ask where she came from,
    or u just like taking in poor little girls who need a bed n feed for the night??

    isn't a butterfly girl a covert street walker??

    Don't get me wrong I used to love a Brass , used to get em all ova the world.

    P.s don't do loas. wears u down if ur after city life.
    how about Chang mai , birds/ view n cheap.
    if u like "butterfly girls how about saigon , loads of em trawling around there!!
    I just prefer to have one girl over the duration of my stay, one that cleans, do the dishes, laundry, food shopping and functions like a turist guide, cannot come close to that with a regular 1000 bath a night bar girl.

    Ya, Chiang Mai might be a better choice tbh, are there decent rooms available for around 10 000 bath monthly there?
    Chiangmai is cool.
    Room for that price, AC or fan HW ensuite Electricity usually extra. Old City. Central.
    Girls, well you'e gonna have to look around.
    Pay about Bht 4,500<6,ooo/mth for a full time housekeeper etc.
    Eat Thai food for about Bht 4,000/mth.
    Sex, by arrangement, different folks different strokes.

  19. #19
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    Air is shit in Chiangmai, esp. Nov and March, the same all around the North as the farmers burn their rice straw.
    Pai is better, and the rate a bit cheaper.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    the dogcatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    24-12-2015 @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    My body is not a temple, It's the hell where I reside.
    Posts
    5,708
    Try Udon. Think Soi 2 is your destination if you like young ones.
    You might get robbed though, or stabbed, or shot, or arse raped.
    Good clean fun!

  21. #21
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    04-03-2012 @ 11:51 AM
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by ENT View Post
    Air is shit in Chiangmai, esp. Nov and March, the same all around the North as the farmers burn their rice straw.
    Pai is better, and the rate a bit cheaper.
    Been reading up some on Pai now, looks like a perfect place to chill for a month if it wasnt for the effing police pulling over random tourists for drug testing, and raiding bars etc for drugs.

    Sure you dont have to smoke and the problem is solved, but if the dope is "in your face" daily im sure eventually i couldnt resist an toke or two.

    Chiang Mai still sounds like an better option to me i think.

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    Simon43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:05 PM
    Location
    Naypyidaw, Myanmar
    Posts
    2,657
    I had an extended stay in Vientiane a couple of years ago. I stayed at a 'backpacker' hostel a few minutes walk from the river, for the pricely sum of 200 baht per night for a single-bed, fan room, including breakfast and free wifi. I have to say that it was the most amazing bargain, very clean, very friendly, (although I was about 3 times the age of most other hostel guests).

    BTW, I found that there are plenty of Thai BGs in Vientiane - you can still get laid legally in Lao PDR - just ask to see their Thai ID card

    Simon
    Groping women when you're old is fine - everyone thinks you're senile

  23. #23
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    Quote Originally Posted by SweRob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ENT View Post
    Air is shit in Chiangmai, esp. Nov and March, the same all around the North as the farmers burn their rice straw.
    Pai is better, and the rate a bit cheaper.
    Been reading up some on Pai now, looks like a perfect place to chill for a month if it wasnt for the effing police pulling over random tourists for drug testing, and raiding bars etc for drugs.

    Sure you dont have to smoke and the problem is solved, but if the dope is "in your face" daily im sure eventually i couldnt resist an toke or two.

    Chiang Mai still sounds like an better option to me i think.
    Both in CM and Pai, as is anywhere in Thailand,the cops do random searches and tests.
    Use your intuition and be discreet.
    If you're gonna hang out with posers and wild out wearing a ganja T-shirt, you'll be noted and in a round up you'll be targeted anywhere.

  24. #24
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    Quote Originally Posted by the dogcatcher View Post
    I love Laos.
    May I recomend "the dogcatcher does Laos again" thread.
    Don't go to girls houses. I don't sleep at laosy's, too risky.
    Aside from that the village is a shithole.
    I've just finished reading that thread, it's a good one, made me laugh, esp. Laosy!

    Vientiane and district's got a lot going for itself now, and still cheaper than Luangprabang and Vangvieng.

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    the dogcatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    24-12-2015 @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    My body is not a temple, It's the hell where I reside.
    Posts
    5,708
    yeah, V town is cool.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •