Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42
  1. #1
    RDN
    RDN is offline
    Khun Marmite
    RDN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    19-03-2016 @ 06:03 PM
    Location
    ราไวย์, ภูเก็ต
    Posts
    3,166

    Post Count Requirement For PMs?

    Sorry if I should know this already, but I don't . Is there a post count needed before you can send PMs? Someone tried to contact me here but couldn't send a PM, so they used another forum to do it.

    Cheers.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    50 innit.

  3. #3
    Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mousehole
    Posts
    20,902
    Quote Originally Posted by RDN
    Someone tried to contact me here but couldn't send a PM, so they used another forum to do it.
    Amazing, I didn't know you could send PM's from TV to Teakdoor

    Very useful, thanks

  4. #4
    RDN
    RDN is offline
    Khun Marmite
    RDN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    19-03-2016 @ 06:03 PM
    Location
    ราไวย์, ภูเก็ต
    Posts
    3,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetyim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RDN
    Someone tried to contact me here but couldn't send a PM, so they used another forum to do it.
    Amazing, I didn't know you could send PM's from TV to Teakdoor

    Very useful, thanks
    Dingbat! You know what I meant.

    And it was Koratfarang, not TV.


    But "50" sounds a bit steep.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    mad_dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    10-05-2017 @ 11:52 AM
    Posts
    5,099
    Quote Originally Posted by RDN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetyim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RDN
    Someone tried to contact me here but couldn't send a PM, so they used another forum to do it.
    Amazing, I didn't know you could send PM's from TV to Teakdoor

    Very useful, thanks


    And it was Koratfarang, not TV.
    I thought you lived in Phuket not Nakon Rachasima

  6. #6
    Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mousehole
    Posts
    20,902
    Quote Originally Posted by RDN
    But "50" sounds a bit steep.
    Yes it is, but it needs to be.
    The idea is to stop anyone joining and then spamming the board.
    If it were set to ten then a couple of minutes in the games room and you are there.

  7. #7
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    ^
    I see ajarn have reduced theirs to 20 after a lot of complaints.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    mad_dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    10-05-2017 @ 11:52 AM
    Posts
    5,099
    What is the logic behind having a minimum post limit on PMs???

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetyim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RDN
    But "50" sounds a bit steep.
    Yes it is, but it needs to be.
    The idea is to stop anyone joining and then spamming the board.
    If it were set to ten then a couple of minutes in the games room and you are there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MD
    mad_dogWhat is the logic behind having a minimum post quotelimit on PMs???
    not sure really....

  10. #10
    Northern Hermit
    friscofrankie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiangmai, Thailand
    Posts
    7,527
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_dog
    What is the logic behind having a minimum post limit on PMs???
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetyim
    Yes it is, but it needs to be.
    The idea is to stop anyone joining and then spamming the board.
    If it were set to ten then a couple of minutes in the games room and you are there.
    Just in case you missed that MD

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    ^ haha - beat u sucka! bioth posts at 8.31 pm hehe

  12. #12
    RDN
    RDN is offline
    Khun Marmite
    RDN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    19-03-2016 @ 06:03 PM
    Location
    ราไวย์, ภูเก็ต
    Posts
    3,166
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_dog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RDN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetyim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RDN
    Someone tried to contact me here but couldn't send a PM, so they used another forum to do it.
    Amazing, I didn't know you could send PM's from TV to Teakdoor

    Very useful, thanks


    And it was Koratfarang, not TV.
    I thought you lived in Phuket not Nakon Rachasima
    Yes I do, but I met this guy at a TV get-together in Bangkok and stayed in touch. KoratFarang is quite a good forum but I hardly ever go there. I always think I'll end up in Korat one day, once my "fun days" in Phuket are over. I can't see anyone wanting to stay here permanently.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    mad_dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    10-05-2017 @ 11:52 AM
    Posts
    5,099
    Quote Originally Posted by RDN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_dog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RDN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetyim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RDN
    Someone tried to contact me here but couldn't send a PM, so they used another forum to do it.
    Amazing, I didn't know you could send PM's from TV to Teakdoor

    Very useful, thanks


    And it was Koratfarang, not TV.
    I thought you lived in Phuket not Nakon Rachasima
    Yes I do, but I met this guy at a TV get-together in Bangkok and stayed in touch. KoratFarang is quite a good forum but I hardly ever go there. I always think I'll end up in Korat one day, once my "fun days" in Phuket are over. I can't see anyone wanting to stay here permanently.
    I'll check it out.
    They champion falsehood, support the butcher against the victim, the oppressor against the innocent child. May God mete them the punishment they deserve

  14. #14
    Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mousehole
    Posts
    20,902
    Quote Originally Posted by RDN
    KoratFarang is quite a good forum
    I left a fortnight after the forum started.
    The font is too small to read. They use the smallest font possible for the posts, you know the bit you actualy want to read.
    When I complained everyone agreed with me but SportRider wouldn't change it.
    Cheeky Farang is over there, do you know him ?

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    RandomChances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    05-02-2016 @ 12:46 AM
    Location
    Riyadh
    Posts
    2,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetyim
    Cheeky Farang is over there, do you know him ?
    I know him, nice bloke. He's been here and I've been over to his place in Korat, really nice house.

    Anyone got a link for that place ?

  16. #16
    Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mousehole
    Posts
    20,902
    KoratFarang.com - Index

    Yep, nice bloke.

    His wife has relatives in Phrae so he calls in to see us sometimes.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    mad_dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    10-05-2017 @ 11:52 AM
    Posts
    5,099
    Who is this spotrider ? Is he part of georges inner sanctum?

  18. #18
    RDN
    RDN is offline
    Khun Marmite
    RDN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    19-03-2016 @ 06:03 PM
    Location
    ราไวย์, ภูเก็ต
    Posts
    3,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetyim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RDN
    KoratFarang is quite a good forum
    I left a fortnight after the forum started.
    The font is too small to read. They use the smallest font possible for the posts, you know the bit you actualy want to read.
    When I complained everyone agreed with me but SportRider wouldn't change it.
    Cheeky Farang is over there, do you know him ?
    I don't know him, but he was one of the few TV members who emailed me after I got banned. I'm not sure how he did it, since Prat Pong not only banned me but deleted my account. I think he must've got in between the banning and the deletion.

  19. #19
    RDN
    RDN is offline
    Khun Marmite
    RDN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    19-03-2016 @ 06:03 PM
    Location
    ราไวย์, ภูเก็ต
    Posts
    3,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetyim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RDN
    KoratFarang is quite a good forum
    I left a fortnight after the forum started.
    The font is too small to read. They use the smallest font possible for the posts, you know the bit you actualy want to read.
    When I complained everyone agreed with me but SportRider wouldn't change it.
    Cheeky Farang is over there, do you know him ?
    I agree - ridiculously small font, and serves no purpose... it's not as if you use less bandwidth or anything

  20. #20
    Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mousehole
    Posts
    20,902
    Quote Originally Posted by RDN
    I don't know him, but he was one of the few TV members who emailed me after I got banned.
    He was the first one I contacted after PP chopped you.
    His opinion of PP is similar to yours.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    27-11-2006 @ 09:00 AM
    Posts
    2,894
    Is it really that different?



    You can always use your browser to bump it up a notch.


  22. #22
    Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mousehole
    Posts
    20,902
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_dog
    Who is this spotrider ? Is he part of georges inner sanctum?
    Don't know but I doubt it.

  23. #23
    Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mousehole
    Posts
    20,902
    Quote Originally Posted by buadhai
    Is it really that different?
    Yep. I get eyestrain when I read Korat Forum.
    I know I can up the font but I would have to keep clicking it.

    If they cannot present the forum in a readable format then I can't read it. Period.

    You remember the thread I started, you agreed with me and so did others.
    SportRider wouldn't up the font

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    27-11-2006 @ 09:00 AM
    Posts
    2,894
    ^Can I quote you?

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    27-11-2006 @ 09:00 AM
    Posts
    2,894
    I went back to read the thread and realize that I even showed him exactly where to change the CSS to increase the size. It is currently set at 8....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •