Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mousehole
    Posts
    20,902

    When does the new post count get reset ?

    I have my son staying with me during the school holiday and so cannot get on the computer quite so easily now.
    He has been playing in the arcade.
    Does this reset the new post count ?

    When I managed to get on after 24 hours the post count was only 148 posts which sounds like I have 'lost' about 400 posts to me.

    I have tried logging in and out this afternoon but the post count stayed the same.

  2. #2
    I am in Jail
    stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    out of range
    Posts
    23,080
    I read: Thetyim...Posts:662

  3. #3
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    He has been playing in the arcade.
    Now, that is interesting.
    I believe NickA uses a similar tactic.

    My wife is very angry with you, Memock and NickA.

  4. #4
    Northern Hermit
    friscofrankie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiangmai, Thailand
    Posts
    7,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetyim
    I have my son staying with me during the school holiday and so cannot get on the computer quite so easily now.
    He has been playing in the arcade.
    Does this reset the new post count ?

    When I managed to get on after 24 hours the post count was only 148 posts which sounds like I have 'lost' about 400 posts to me.

    I have tried logging in and out this afternoon but the post count stayed the same.
    if you spend all day in the arcade you are logged in. logout and the count of new posts is reset. He was logged in as you? The new post count is only between when you (or he) last logged off and then back in again. You should still be able to browse al the unread posts under unread/unchanged since last login.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty -- T. Jefferson


  5. #5
    Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mousehole
    Posts
    20,902
    Thanks FF. Yes my son was logged in as me.
    I presume that closing the browser is the same as logging off, and that I get an automatic log-on when I next visit.
    I never have to type in my password .

    However when I tried it just now, the new post count was not reset.

  6. #6
    Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mousehole
    Posts
    20,902
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangMai noon
    My wife is very angry with you, Memock and NickA
    I haven't noticed any new names in the arcade
    Who was your wife logged in as ?

  7. #7
    Northern Hermit
    friscofrankie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiangmai, Thailand
    Posts
    7,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetyim
    Thanks FF. Yes my son was logged in as me.
    I presume that closing the browser is the same as logging off, and that I get an automatic log-on when I next visit.
    I never have to type in my password .

    However when I tried it just now, the new post count was not reset.
    When you open the forum in your browser the app starts a "session" logging off and abck in doesn't reset the count closing your browser and reopening it does. There may be a certain amount of time you'd have to stay out not sure. of there is no activity wile the browser is open to the forum for a legth of time you will stillbe logged in but the count may be reset. I've noticed this when workng on stuff with the forum open on a back tab.

  8. #8
    Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mousehole
    Posts
    20,902
    Quote Originally Posted by friscofrankie
    closing your browser and reopening it does
    Well mine doesn't
    Yet again I find that my version of FireFox doesn't behave the same way as other peoples.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •