Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 151

Thread: Sleep

  1. #76
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    Fork me, all that caffeine. No wonder you cant Sleep Pats! I pretty well always wake up about 5.30am. It doesn't seem to matter if I go to bed at 10pm or 12pm.
    Same. Strong circadian rhythms.

  2. #77
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Pizza View Post
    This is informative: Want to build muscle and lean up? Sleep......properly.
    True......and eat lots of cheese.

  3. #78
    Member
    Grampa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    643
    I've had a sleep issue/problem for over 2 years.

    I fall asleep easily but wake up after 5-6 hours and my mind is raring to go.

    I tried Melatonin but the 5 mg dosage never worked, and I increased it to 10 mg and it worked to the degree that I was sleeping longer but would wake up drowsy.

    I think the brand was bad or weak and that's why the 5 mg wasn't working.

    I went to GNC (even though they have high prices) to get (hopefully) a better brand.

    It's 3 mg per pill with Melatonin GNC brand.

    Has anyone had any positive or negative experiences with 1. Melatonin and 2. a 3mg dose?

  4. #79
    Thailand Expat aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:17 PM
    Posts
    14,784
    ^ you gonna sleep with one eye open when you go to jail?

  5. #80
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
    would wake up drowsy.
    . ..".."."....... and have remained that way ever since. Imbecile.

  6. #81
    Member
    Grampa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    ^ you gonna sleep with one eye open when you go to jail?
    Stop trolling the Health section.

    And also, I may very well beat this on a technicality b/c of the breathylizer equipment.

    As I said, I am paying a lawyer now and don't have a Public Pretender.

  7. #82
    Thailand Expat aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:17 PM
    Posts
    14,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
    And also, I may very well beat this on a technicality b/c of the breathylizer equipment.

    As I said, I am paying a lawyer now and don't have a Public Pretender.
    Glad to see you are remorseful for your third DUI. Pitiful excuse for a human.

  8. #83
    Member
    Grampa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    Glad to see you are remorseful for your third DUI. Pitiful excuse for a human.
    I thought this thread was about sleep.

    And also, I never said I was not remorseful.


    You're making assumptions. Yes, I'm remorseful. This is going to cost me a lot of money.

  9. #84
    Thailand Expat aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:17 PM
    Posts
    14,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
    Yes, I'm remorseful. This is going to cost me a lot of money.
    Who started this thread?

    flabbergasted is enough to say.

  10. #85
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
    You're making assumptions. Yes, I'm remorseful.
    Regretful.

  11. #86
    Thailand Expat
    redhaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Just south of Uranus
    Posts
    2,793
    True. Remorseful would have been more like if you had hit and killed somebody. Be thankful you aren't that...

  12. #87
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Teakdoor forum upgrade office
    Posts
    12,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
    I've had a sleep issue/problem for over 2 years.

    I fall asleep easily but wake up after 5-6 hours and my mind is raring to go.
    It's the Teakdoor effect. Some people are more susceptble than others. Try logging off for a few months and forgetting about TD completely.


  13. #88
    Thailand Expat
    hick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:03 AM
    Posts
    3,415
    ^ seconded

    If that doesn't work, try a few years.

  14. #89
    Member
    Grampa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    It's the Teakdoor effect. Some people are more susceptble than others. Try logging off for a few months and forgetting about TD completely.

    No can do.

  15. #90
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Teakdoor forum upgrade office
    Posts
    12,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
    No can do.
    You see? It's an addiction. You can't keep away and it's making your head spin when you sleep. It has probabaly caused you to drink more alcohol and all the anti-social side effects that go with forum induced insomniacal drinking. You should tell your lawyer about that and perhaps visit a specialist doctor or clinic to obtain a certificate of incompetance to take to the court. Trust me. It will help.
    signature

  16. #91
    Member
    Grampa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    You see? It's an addiction. You can't keep away and it's making your head spin when you sleep. It has probabaly caused you to drink more alcohol and all the anti-social side effects that go with forum induced insomniacal drinking. You should tell your lawyer about that and perhaps visit a specialist doctor or clinic to obtain a certificate of incompetance to take to the court. Trust me. It will help.
    No, not the case.

    I don't need TD nor booze. I need sleep

    Not sleeping b/c might do 90 days in Jail.

  17. #92
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Teakdoor forum upgrade office
    Posts
    12,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
    No, not the case.

    I don't need TD nor booze. I need sleep

    Not sleeping b/c might do 90 days in Jail.
    Well done. Now we know the cause. Now there are three ways to deal with stress induced sleep deprivation:

    1. Accept that you will do 90 days in jail and look forward to it. Think of all the things you can experience and learn when you are in jail. You will be able to write about them all here on TD (once they let you out). You will probably be the only TD member who has done it. You will be unique; one of a kind, with all the kudos that goes with that.

    2. Avoid going to jail and get rid of the worry. Shoot yourself. No more worries. No jail time.

    3. Drink yourself into oblivion. You won't give a fuck after that.


    The choice is yours, mate.
    Last edited by Neverna; 08-11-2017 at 09:46 PM.

  18. #93
    Member
    Grampa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    Well done. Now we know the cause. Now there are thre ways to deal with stress induced sleep deprivation:

    1. Accept that you will do 90 days in jail and look forward to it. Think of all the things you can experience and learn when you are in jail. You will be able to write about them all here on TD (once they let you out). You will probably be the only TD member who has done it. You will be unique; one of a kind, with all the kudos that goes with that.
    That may be the case. Thanks for the kudos, but I'll be known as a jail bird.

    2. Avoid going to jail and get rid of the worry. Shoot yourself. No more worries. No jail time.
    No need for that. I'm doing great in life. I'm an optimist.

    3. Drink yourself into oblivion. You won't give a fuck after that.
    Just b/c I have 3 (possible) DUIs does not mean I'm a drunk. And I do not go on benders. I was barely over the limit when I got pulled over. People are quick to judge me. But they have done the same. It does not make it right, but they have done the same. And they are doing the same on motorbikes - yet - they point fingers at me.


    The choice is yours, mate.
    Yes, indeed. It always was. I'm a player.

  19. #94
    Thailand Expat
    Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
    Not sleeping b/c might do 90 days in Jail.
    That's the minimum for 3 dui's. The maximum is 364 days

    Sweet dreams cockwomble

  20. #95
    Member
    Grampa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    That's the minimum for 3 dui's. The maximum is 364 days

    Sweet dreams cockwomble
    The 364 is suspended almost always minus 90 days (I'm not good at math) so 3rd time may be 90 days, the rest suspended.

    Almost always.

    I'm in WA state.

  21. #96
    Thailand Expat
    hick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:03 AM
    Posts
    3,415
    Here's a sleep aid. You can thank me later.



    Let's hope the judge goes heavy on you.

    Face it, you need ample time to reflect on your mistakes. Axl Rose would agree.

    Write a novel,....errr. No, scratch that.

    Do yoga everyday. You should be able to suck yourself off w/in a few months.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  22. #97
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
    I thought this thread was about sleep.

    And also, I never said I was not remorseful.


    You're making assumptions. Yes, I'm remorseful. This is going to cost me a lot of money.
    You demonstrate all the characteristics of a person sleepwalking through life.

    Your only remorse appears to be the effect it’s having on your wallet. Selfish child.

  23. #98
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
    Yes, indeed. It always was. I'm a player.
    You’re not a player. You are a carbuncle on the arse of humanity. Sad sack of shit.

  24. #99
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Teakdoor forum upgrade office
    Posts
    12,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    You are a carbuncle
    There you go, Gramps. Your next new nick. It sounds so much better than the ones you've had so far. And it's related to health! Perfect!!


    You are welcome.

  25. #100
    Member
    Grampa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    There you go, Gramps. Your next new nick. It sounds so much better than the ones you've had so far. And it's related to health! Perfect!!
    I won't google it - even if it IS, a real word.


    You are welcome.
    Thank you.

    You've just given me permission to change my nik. Will do.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •