Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46
  1. #1
    splendid and tremendous
    somtamslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    20-07-2019 @ 03:41 PM
    Location
    Down on the farm
    Posts
    13,586

    Drinking Vinegar

    I've just made myself a cracked black pepper and vinegar sandwich and it tasted very fucking nice indeed. So I suppose the next logical step would be to start drinking the stuff.

    Barman: Yes, sir. What will it be?

    Slap: Vinegar

    Barman: I'm sorry?

    Slap: Vinegar

    Barman: I'm afraid we don't serve vinegar, sir.

    Slap: What sort of a fucking dump is this place? Get me the manager here now and he best have a fucking pint of Sarsons with him.

    Barman: Very well, sir

    Slap: While your at it, pass me that vat of pickled eggs and take all the eggs out. No fucking vinegar indeed.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    khmen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    08-04-2019 @ 11:46 PM
    Location
    Discombobulated
    Posts
    2,455
    Well, it's got to be better than drinking Coca bastard Cola!

  3. #3
    splendid and tremendous
    somtamslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    20-07-2019 @ 03:41 PM
    Location
    Down on the farm
    Posts
    13,586
    ^ Heathen! I wonder if the pair mix...

  4. #4
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:16 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    29,401
    ^ just think what that mixture could do for your health; actually, could probably market it as a health drink in the LOS...

    VineCola - for the health conscious teen



    Vinecola - for tomorrow's sporting legions


    Vinecola is a proud sponsor of John Daly.
    How do I post these pictures???

  5. #5
    Gohills flip-flops wearer
    withnallstoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-07-2019 @ 12:41 PM
    Location
    The Felcher Memorial Home.
    Posts
    14,249
    Somtamslap.

    You either need to get out of the sticks for a while or increase the medication.
    Probably both.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    17-07-2019 @ 08:10 PM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    30,807
    The health benefits of the apple cider vinegar and honey drink are widely known. This recipe has traditionally been used as an at-home self remedy for many ailments, and even an anti-aging elixir. Many people have smartly made use of its cleansing and disinfecting properties to self-detoxify their body. It is seen as a powerful cleansing agent and healing elixir with naturally occurring antibiotic and antiseptic that fights germs and bacteria.

    * Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of raw honey. (Apple cider vinegar is actually made from fresh, organic, crushed apples that are allowed to mature naturally in wooden barrels, but you can get it easily from the grocery shops or supermarkets.)

    * Dissolve in a glass of chilled water.
    Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey Remedy | Ruth Tan


    Being a coke addict, you want more vinegar slap.
    Last edited by sabang; 09-12-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    probes Aliens

  7. #7
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:16 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    29,401
    ^ see, I was right - you're onto a winner here, Slaps; life just keeps getting better and better...

  8. #8
    splendid and tremendous
    somtamslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    20-07-2019 @ 03:41 PM
    Location
    Down on the farm
    Posts
    13,586
    I always knew I was great.

  9. #9
    splendid and tremendous
    somtamslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    20-07-2019 @ 03:41 PM
    Location
    Down on the farm
    Posts
    13,586
    Quote Originally Posted by withnallstoke
    increase the medication.
    Right you are..



    *hic*

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    r1 pet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    19-07-2019 @ 06:11 PM
    Location
    si bun rueang
    Posts
    1,226
    i wont start up another thread,with the headline, is vinegar killing us ?
    so if you have no objections mr somtamslap, is vinegar killing us?
    i have lived a secret life of vinegar guzzling,
    if you can come out then so can i,
    i have been forced to drink the realy cheap stuff, rice vinegar, thb 30 per bottel,
    but now its all been sold, so ime back on the sarsons,
    my wife looks at me in that half look of disgust and pitty, i tell her dont look at me, but she just smiles, does she no something i dont,
    is it killing me?
    no realy, the amount i get through cant be good, or can it?

    put a sprinkle of your chosen brew on a slice of bread and sprinkle with sugar,
    food and drink at the same time
    life is what happens to us while we are making other plans

  11. #11
    splendid and tremendous
    somtamslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    20-07-2019 @ 03:41 PM
    Location
    Down on the farm
    Posts
    13,586
    Quote Originally Posted by r1 pet
    is vinegar killing us?
    On the contrary. A pint a day keeps the doctor away by the looks of things..


  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    BKKBoet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    17-05-2018 @ 09:47 PM
    Location
    Baan Nork
    Posts
    1,720
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    The health benefits of the apple cider vinegar and honey drink are widely known. This recipe has traditionally been used as an at-home self remedy for many ailments, and even an anti-aging elixir. Many people have smartly made use of its cleansing and disinfecting properties to self-detoxify their body. It is seen as a powerful cleansing agent and healing elixir with naturally occurring antibiotic and antiseptic that fights germs and bacteria.

    * Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of raw honey. (Apple cider vinegar is actually made from fresh, organic, crushed apples that are allowed to mature naturally in wooden barrels, but you can get it easily from the grocery shops or supermarkets.)

    * Dissolve in a glass of chilled water.
    Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey Remedy | Ruth Tan


    Being a coke addict, you want more vinegar slap.
    Add juice from 1 lime and 1/2 a teaspoon of tumeric and you have a magic potion!

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    17-07-2019 @ 10:57 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    17,525
    Quote Originally Posted by BKKBoet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    The health benefits of the apple cider vinegar and honey drink are widely known. This recipe has traditionally been used as an at-home self remedy for many ailments, and even an anti-aging elixir. Many people have smartly made use of its cleansing and disinfecting properties to self-detoxify their body. It is seen as a powerful cleansing agent and healing elixir with naturally occurring antibiotic and antiseptic that fights germs and bacteria.

    * Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of raw honey. (Apple cider vinegar is actually made from fresh, organic, crushed apples that are allowed to mature naturally in wooden barrels, but you can get it easily from the grocery shops or supermarkets.)

    * Dissolve in a glass of chilled water.
    Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey Remedy | Ruth Tan


    Being a coke addict, you want more vinegar slap.
    Add juice from 1 lime and 1/2 a teaspoon of tumeric and you have a magic potion!
    You're gonna need a dead spider in that as well!

  14. #14
    ความสุขในอีสาน
    nigelandjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Frinton on sea and Ban Pak
    Posts
    12,911
    I'd like to try a glass but I'm afraid of ending up in a Sarson's rehab unit sitting in a circle with twelve other shaking wrecks nervously re living our vinegar strokes .



    Oh go on make mine a large one
    I'm proud of my 38" waist , also proud I have never done drugs

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    17-07-2019 @ 08:10 PM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    30,807
    Sarson's is definitely best with chips & shellfish (much underrated pommy tucker is humble shellfish eaten fresh with vinegar, pepper & maybe salt). Apple is nice with salad, kinda gay I guess.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    13-10-2015 @ 03:54 PM
    Posts
    578
    Had a mate who used to have a quick shot in the pub to sooth his ulcer. Did this for a few months an then he died. True story

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    palexxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    4,152
    ^ run over by a bus??? (sorry)

  18. #18
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    Home made apple cider vinegar recipe.

    This is an old one.

    Wash the sprays and crap off the apples.
    Granny Smiths or cooking apples are best, green.

    Peal and core them.
    Place the skins and cores into a bucket.
    (If the kids haven't eaten all the apple flesh, or you're not baking an apple pie etc. you can add the chopped flesh too.)
    Cover with water.
    Cover bucket and put in a warm place for five days.

    Taste the resultant brew, it's a mild cider.
    Leave longer and it'll tun into apple cider vinegar.

    Use as a medication or as a refreshing drink, mixed with cold water and a touch of honey and mint to taste.

    Use as an appetite stimulant.

    Drink instead of wine etc as a digestive during meals.

    Cheap, clean and easy.

  19. #19
    FarangRed
    Guest
    Apple Cider Vinegar, that wonderful old-timers home remedy, cures more ailments than any other folk remedy -- we're convinced! From the extensive feedback we've received over the past 8 years, the reported cures from drinking Apple Cider Vinegar are numerous.

    They include cures for allergies (including pet, food and environmental), sinus infections, acne, high cholesterol, flu, chronic fatigue, candida, acid reflux, sore throats, contact dermatitis, arthritis, and gout. Apple Cider Vinegar also breaks down fat and is widely used to lose weight. It has also been reported that a daily dose of apple cider vinegar in water has high blood pressure under control in two weeks!

    Apple Cider Vinegar is also wonderful for pets, including dogs, cats, and horses. It helps them with arthritic conditions, controls fleas & barn flies, and gives a beautiful shine to their coats!
    If you can get over the taste of apple cider vinegar, you will find it one of the most important natural remedies in healing the body.

    As a wonderful side effect of drinking apple cider vinegar every day, we've discovered that it brings a healthy, rosy glow to one's complexion! This is great news if you suffer from a pale countenance.

  20. #20
    Gohills flip-flops wearer
    withnallstoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-07-2019 @ 12:41 PM
    Location
    The Felcher Memorial Home.
    Posts
    14,249
    Quote Originally Posted by FarangRed
    As a wonderful side effect of drinking apple cider vinegar every day, we've discovered that it brings a healthy, rosy glow to one's complexion! This is great news if you suffer from a pale countenance.
    It'll never catch on with the Thais.

  21. #21
    FarangRed
    Guest
    Kill Or Be Killed

    One of the biggest things apple cider vinegar is known for is its ability to kill free radicals in the body. Free radicals are the cause of many deadly illnesses such as cancer, high blood pressure and congestive heart failure.


    Balance Is Bliss
    Alkalinity is a very important aspect of good health. When the body becomes alkaline, a lot of ailments tend to disappear. Some of these would include headaches, chronic fatigue, constipation, diarrhea, and joint pain. Drinking apple cider vinegar will turn up the body alkaline and help reduce and even eliminate these symptoms altogether.


    Toughen the Bones
    When apple cider vinegar is mixed with fruits, vegetables and meats, it ends up extracting calcium from them. This helps increase bone mineral density. This is beneficial for older people, especially women with osteoporosis.


    Fruit and Fiber
    Apple cider vinegar has a substance in it called pectin, a fruit fiber. This helps to reduce elevated cholesterol levels. To make matters better, it even helps to regulate blood pressure.


    Twice As Nice
    Apple cider vinegar has potassium. This has a two fold benefit. First of all, it helps to strengthen nails and teeth. It stimulates hair growth. It helps alleviate sinusitis and a runny nose. The other thing it does is help eliminate toxins from the body. People who are trying to cleanse or detox their systems can really benefit from this fact.


    Natural Weight Loss
    Apple cider vinegar also aids in weight loss. This is very important to the obese population. It actually emulsifies and helps break down fat cells, causing natural weight reduction as opposed to resorting to more riskier extremes." I just wanted to put my two cents.

  22. #22
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    Quote Originally Posted by withnallstoke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FarangRed
    As a wonderful side effect of drinking apple cider vinegar every day, we've discovered that it brings a healthy, rosy glow to one's complexion! This is great news if you suffer from a pale countenance.
    It'll never catch on with the Thais.


    Hydrogen peroxide bath for them, a complete cure.

  23. #23
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    14-08-2015 @ 05:39 PM
    Location
    Ex-Pat Refugee in Thailand
    Posts
    9,579
    Slap, is this what happened to your son's eel?

  24. #24
    splendid and tremendous
    somtamslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    20-07-2019 @ 03:41 PM
    Location
    Down on the farm
    Posts
    13,586
    ^ Egbert is definitely AWOL, but he's recently been replaced with Cuthbert..

  25. #25
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    Another albino eel?

    Saw one once in Takaka NZ, about 20 years ago.

    It was about 1.75 m long and lived in a cave.
    Lovely animal, ate minced beef from a spoon when we'd take the kids down to feed it.

    Local Maori called it a Tanipha, a "god spirit or demon/guardian".

    Eels are cool, IMO!
    Last edited by ENT; 10-12-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •