Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 149
  1. #101
    Member
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:46 AM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    952
    Personally the food I ate in Shanghai and surrounding areas was shite. Japanese food looks good but a lot is bland without smothering in some type of sauce.

  2. #102
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:44 AM
    Posts
    304
    Chico should be smothered in sauce for consistently posting the outdated views of others, while persistently declining to offer his own opinion.
    Lest he be found wanting.
    I have only 2 signature dishes, both of which are home made.

    Spaghetti Bolognese

    Chicken in white wine sauce

  3. #103
    Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    16-10-2017 @ 10:29 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    2,703
    Switch do you have a problem in reading posts, I seem to remember I offered you guidance, though because of your ignorance in anything other than beans on toast you now wish to try and turn the table better luck next time.

    It must really hurt your Narcissistic personality disorder.

  4. #104
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    9,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    ...because of your ignorance in anything...


    When are you leaving again?

  5. #105
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:21 AM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    25,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Jeez, you must have eaten at some real shit holes in Chungking mansions.
    No Chinese restaurants in there. All 'ethnic'.

  6. #106
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:44 AM
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Switch do you have a problem in reading posts, I seem to remember I offered you guidance, though because of your ignorance in anything other than beans on toast you now wish to try and turn the table better luck next time.

    It must really hurt your Narcissistic personality disorder.
    You posted google quotes offering others opinions numb nuts.

    You are the one who ends up looking simple because you are incapable of formulating an opinion, or posting it in English.

  7. #107
    Member TuskegeeBen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    16-10-2017 @ 04:34 AM
    Posts
    339
    Cancelled by poster.

  8. #108
    Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    16-10-2017 @ 10:29 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    2,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Just a quick google would get your answers for you. not trawling through them all

    https://www.google.co.th/search?q=fr...hrome&ie=UTF-8

    https://www.google.co.th/search?q=fr...k1.Bz4H43uNzMU

    That's as far as I'm willing to do for you, as mentioned most of the food in modern British is French themed also.
    I am capable of using google if required, but I asked you the question, not google. Do you have your own opinions or not?
    Of course there have been a number of european influences since the British were conquered by the Romans, and others.
    Modern British food has much more to it than centuries of diluted Gallic cuisine. If your statement were correct, the French diet would be more like the Brits, and it so clearly isn't.
    I'm sorry I don't know every French restaurant in the British Isles.

    If you give me some examples of classical or modern British food I may well be able to help you in your definition of British cuisine, that is served in fine dining restaurants.
    Switch you are becoming pretty tedious here you are, now do grow a pair, and find your examples and I'll post for you.

  9. #109
    Sauerkraut stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Oktoberfest
    Posts
    21,362
    British food in fine dining restaurants??? What an oxymoron.

  10. #110
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    15,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Just a quick google would get your answers for you. not trawling through them all

    https://www.google.co.th/search?q=fr...hrome&ie=UTF-8

    https://www.google.co.th/search?q=fr...k1.Bz4H43uNzMU

    That's as far as I'm willing to do for you, as mentioned most of the food in modern British is French themed also.
    I am capable of using google if required, but I asked you the question, not google. Do you have your own opinions or not?
    Of course there have been a number of european influences since the British were conquered by the Romans, and others.
    Modern British food has much more to it than centuries of diluted Gallic cuisine. If your statement were correct, the French diet would be more like the Brits, and it so clearly isn't.
    I'm sorry I don't know every French restaurant in the British Isles.

    If you give me some examples of classical or modern British food I may well be able to help you in your definition of British cuisine, that is served in fine dining restaurants.
    Switch you are becoming pretty tedious here you are, now do grow a pair, and find your examples and I'll post for you.
    Why don't you actually post something about food? While you seem to spend most of your time here getting into fights over minor issues you do appear to be a competent chef. Why don't you do some food threads? I'm sure they would be appreciated. Your anti kosher/halal posts are clear indicators that you care greatly about food and its sources. There are many people here, including me, who would love to have some input from a qualified and professional chef. You could make some excellent contributions here, it would be genuinely appreciated if you did.
    don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk

  11. #111
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:44 AM
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Just a quick google would get your answers for you. not trawling through them all

    https://www.google.co.th/search?q=fr...hrome&ie=UTF-8

    https://www.google.co.th/search?q=fr...k1.Bz4H43uNzMU

    That's as far as I'm willing to do for you, as mentioned most of the food in modern British is French themed also.
    I am capable of using google if required, but I asked you the question, not google. Do you have your own opinions or not?
    Of course there have been a number of european influences since the British were conquered by the Romans, and others.
    Modern British food has much more to it than centuries of diluted Gallic cuisine. If your statement were correct, the French diet would be more like the Brits, and it so clearly isn't.
    I'm sorry I don't know every French restaurant in the British Isles.

    If you give me some examples of classical or modern British food I may well be able to help you in your definition of British cuisine, that is served in fine dining restaurants.
    Switch you are becoming pretty tedious here you are, now do grow a pair, and find your examples and I'll post for you.
    Why don't you actually post something about food? While you seem to spend most of your time here getting into fights over minor issues you do appear to be a competent chef. Why don't you do some food threads? I'm sure they would be appreciated. Your anti kosher/halal posts are clear indicators that you care greatly about food and its sources. There are many people here, including me, who would love to have some input from a qualified and professional chef. You could make some excellent contributions here, it would be genuinely appreciated if you did.
    He is unlikely to pick up that gauntlet BOb. Probably too wet out or too hot for him. Any excuse to avoid content or genuine debate.
    Didn't you recently advise David 48 not to engage with Chico, due to the futility of it all?

    Cookery would require pictures to be posted. An ideal opportunity for someone who struggles with words. Given that he can't even use the quote function properly, he is incapable of posting original photos. C&P from Delia websites won't cut it.

  12. #112
    Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    16-10-2017 @ 10:29 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    2,703
    Switch,
    Are you going to give any examples of Modern British cuisine,which is really French, its nothing to be embarrassed about

    I come across many young Chefs, that believe the cuisine is really British, though when you telll them its really French their really shocked.

    I would really like to educate you, though with you constantly avoiding to answer, or to provide any examples what you to believe to be British.
    I can only come to the conclusion your using this account as a multinic to be a bothersome tool.
    I look foward to your next troll post

  13. #113
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:54 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    5,723
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    There are many people here, including me, who would love to have some input from a qualified and professional chef. You could make some excellent contributions here, it would be genuinely appreciated if you did.
    LOL, I've asked him for years to do this, but he'd rather start shit fights.

  14. #114
    Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    16-10-2017 @ 10:29 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    2,703
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Just a quick google would get your answers for you. not trawling through them all

    [url]https://www.google.co.th/search?q=french+restaurants+birmingham+uk&oq=frenc h+restaurants+birmingham&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.16 106j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8[/url

    https://www.google.co.th/search?q=fr...k1.Bz4H43uNzMU

    That's as far as I'm willing to do for you, as mentioned most of the food in modern British is French themed also.
    I am capable of using google if required, but I asked you the question, not google. Do you have your own opinions or not?
    Of course there have been a number of european influences since the British were conquered by the Romans, and others.
    Modern British food has much more to it than centuries of diluted Gallic cuisine. If your statement were correct, the French diet would be more like the Brits, and it so clearly isn't.
    I'm sorry I don't know every French restaurant in the British Isles.

    If you give me some examples of classical or modern British food I may well be able to help you in your definition of British cuisine, that is served in fine dining restaurants.
    Switch you are becoming pretty tedious here you are, now do grow a pair, and find your examples and I'll post for you.
    Why don't you actually post something about food? While you seem to spend most of your time here getting into fights over minor issues you do appear to be a competent chef. Why don't you do some food threads? I'm sure they would be appreciated. Your anti kosher/halal posts are clear indicators that you care greatly about food and its sources. There are many people here, including me, who would love to have some input from a qualified and professional chef. You could make some excellent contributions here, it would be genuinely appreciated if you did.
    Bob I would do though as per normal the threads would be trolled, and taking the time to do the threads could well be futile as no-one seems to know how long the forum is going to he online.

    If and when the upgrade hsppens, I,d beore than happy to do.

  15. #115
    Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    16-10-2017 @ 10:29 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    2,703
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    There are many people here, including me, who would love to have some input from a qualified and professional chef. You could make some excellent contributions here, it would be genuinely appreciated if you did.
    LOL, I've asked him for years to do this, but he'd rather start shit fights.
    CS Thats very funny coming from you, the fine dining experiences Would be beyond you

    How many forums have you ruined now.?

  16. #116
    Thailand Expat
    redhaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Just south of Uranus
    Posts
    2,656
    Bullshit, talking about being bothered by trolling. What a load of wank

  17. #117
    I am not in Jail AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico
    though when you telll them its really French their really shocked.
    At your appalling grammar? Your body odor? That you're still conversing with them despite repeatedly stating that you were leaving?

  18. #118
    Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    16-10-2017 @ 10:29 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    2,703
    got to stop now I,m on my phone heading to a fine dining French experience.

  19. #119
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:54 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    5,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico
    CS Thats very funny coming from you, the fine dining experiences Would be beyond you
    If would Beyond me...how Would You known?

  20. #120
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:44 AM
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Switch,
    Are you going to give any examples of Modern British cuisine,which is really French, its nothing to be embarrassed about

    I come across many young Chefs, that believe the cuisine is really British, though when you telll them its really French their really shocked.

    I would really like to educate you, though with you constantly avoiding to answer, or to provide any examples what you to believe to be British.
    I can only come to the conclusion your using this account as a multinic to be a bothersome tool.
    I look foward to your next troll post
    No I am not going to give any examples.

    I questioned your response to my original post and later informed you that I was capable of using google.

    You posting google links and asking me to provide examples of English dishes, seems to be the way you avoid giving what you were asked for originally by me an others.
    Stop deflecting and procrastinating. Deliver unto us your own opinion in your own words.
    No more quotes, no more links and no more questions from you. Just your own opinion, if you please.

  21. #121
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Switch,
    Are you going to give any examples of Modern British cuisine,which is really French, its nothing to be embarrassed about
    Heston Blumenthal. And he owes nowt to the French. But strongly influenced by very early English cuisine.

  22. #122
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    9,422
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Switch,
    Are you going to give any examples of Modern British cuisine,which is really French, its nothing to be embarrassed about
    Heston Blumenthal. And he owes nowt to the French.

    I hate to do this (), but...

    At the age of fifteen Heston travelled to France with his parents for the first time. On this trip he visited L'Oustau de Baumaniere one of France's greatest restaurants, located in a small village in Provence. Heston Blumenthal was exposed to the wonderful world of gastronomy and was immediately consumed by it.
    On returning to the UK he tried to gain a position in the kitchen of Londons' hotels and retaurants but at sixteen this proved too daunting a task. Undeterred he spent the next decade learning the rudiments of French cuisine from books, and worked in various different jobs to fund his trips to France. On these trips he visited restaurants, vineyards, cheese makers, butchers and artisan producers. His research was extensive, thorough and determined, attributes which soon became the trademarks of his success.
    https://www.lifestylefood.com.au/che...tonblumenthal/

    Basically, if you're talking about British food other than the likes of Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding, there is no such thing as modern British cuisine that hasn't been influenced by the French.

  23. #123
    Hiso member
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,573
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Switch,
    Are you going to give any examples of Modern British cuisine,which is really French, its nothing to be embarrassed about
    Heston Blumenthal. And he owes nowt to the French. But strongly influenced by very early English cuisine.
    Really want to go to his Fat Duck restaurant for the experience, not cheap though at £265 a head + wine.

  24. #124
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,032
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Switch,
    Are you going to give any examples of Modern British cuisine,which is really French, its nothing to be embarrassed about
    Heston Blumenthal. And he owes nowt to the French.

    I hate to do this (), but...

    At the age of fifteen Heston travelled to France with his parents for the first time. On this trip he visited L'Oustau de Baumaniere one of France's greatest restaurants, located in a small village in Provence. Heston Blumenthal was exposed to the wonderful world of gastronomy and was immediately consumed by it.
    On returning to the UK he tried to gain a position in the kitchen of Londons' hotels and retaurants but at sixteen this proved too daunting a task. Undeterred he spent the next decade learning the rudiments of French cuisine from books, and worked in various different jobs to fund his trips to France. On these trips he visited restaurants, vineyards, cheese makers, butchers and artisan producers. His research was extensive, thorough and determined, attributes which soon became the trademarks of his success.
    https://www.lifestylefood.com.au/che...tonblumenthal/

    Basically, if you're talking about British food other than the likes of Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding, there is no such thing as modern British cuisine that hasn't been influenced by the French.
    Fair point, i missed his early career. Different story when he got is own places though.

  25. #125
    Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    16-10-2017 @ 10:29 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    2,703
    You don't go to the Fat Duck to eat, you go there to experience a science show.

    Amazing Food for sure, but you still come out hungry.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •