Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: eatigo

  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    Iceman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 06:27 PM
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    3,441

    eatigo

    I downloaded this app when I was in BKK a few weeks ago.

    Has anyone tried the service? If so what is their opinion.

    Personally, I think it is a really good idea. No cost to consumer, minimal cost to restaurant and keeps them busy at traditionally quiet periods.

    If this was in Oz, I think it would be a real winner.

  2. #2
    Member Thedogsbollix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    06-09-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    694
    The problems with these things in the real world is the cost of providing the service.

    Not quite the same as BKK where the delivery pleb earns fuk all.

    Good idea all the same.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    Iceman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 06:27 PM
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    3,441
    ^
    Try finding out a bit about "eatigo" no delivery involved.

    Think Uber - biggest taxi company in the world - does not own a car!

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Posts
    3,821
    Hasn't this already been covered.

    Dillinger uses it

    I used it 3 nights ago for a 50% discount at the Banyan Tree hotel.

    https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel...k-Bangkok.html

  5. #5
    I am not in Jail AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,035
    Slightly off-topic soz, but I'm guessing it's a similar service to that Food Panda one?

    Anyway those fuckers charged my credit card for a delivery that I never ordered or received a whiles back. In fact I'd never even used their service so fuck knows how they got my CC number.

    Well dodgy!

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    Iceman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 06:27 PM
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    3,441
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101 View Post
    Hasn't this already been covered.

    Dillinger uses it

    I used it 3 nights ago for a 50% discount at the Banyan Tree hotel.

    https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel...k-Bangkok.html
    Possibly, I may have missed it. I was enquiring more on the business model and posters thoughts as opposed to how they enjoyed their meal.

    Trip advisor has put in $10 million taking the total funds raised to $15.5 million.

    I think it may become really big, if and only if they expand fast enough.

    Perhaps a poster more internet savvy like Topper could give his opinion from a cost of platform and investment required for this sort of animal.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Posts
    3,821
    You asked this

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman123
    Has anyone tried the service? If so what is their opinion.
    I answered thusly;

    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101
    I used it 3 nights ago for a 50% discount at the Banyan Tree hotel.
    You responded;

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman123
    I was enquiring more on the business model
    I'm sure you can see the miscommunication therein.

    For what it's worth the Eatigo thing did what it said it would do. 50% discount.
    No worries.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Posts
    14,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman123
    Perhaps a poster more internet savvy like Topper could give his opinion from a cost of platform and investment required for this sort of animal.
    Listen to dill, and huh?

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Posts
    3,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman123
    I think it may become really big, if and only if they expand fast enough.
    I think you'll find it is already. Though I'm sure they'll be very interested in your assessment.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Posts
    3,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman123
    Personally, I think it is a really good idea. No cost to consumer, minimal cost to restaurant and keeps them busy at traditionally quiet periods.

    If this was in Oz, I think it would be a real winner.
    Given your initial post one wonders why you continue.
    Or, could it be, tell me it's not true, you're having a bit of a troll, a bit of a go, a bit of a commentary.

    Do tell.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    Iceman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 06:27 PM
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    3,441
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Slightly off-topic soz, but I'm guessing it's a similar service to that Food Panda one?

    Anyway those fuckers charged my credit card for a delivery that I never ordered or received a whiles back. In fact I'd never even used their service so fuck knows how they got my CC number.

    Well dodgy!
    No delivery involved with this one. You book restaurant for a meal, get a discount, the discounts are more generous at times when the restaurants are not so busy.
    No cc's involved you deal with restaurant direct.

    Eatigo receives a commission payment directly from the restaurant.

    I just see it as a no brainer that everyone would use to get a free discount.
    I am wondering if I am missing something.

  12. #12
    Member Thedogsbollix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    06-09-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman123 View Post

    Perhaps a poster more internet savvy like Topper could give his opinion from a cost of platform and investment required for this sort of animal.
    Erm,

    I hate to be flippant but mentioning Food and Skinty Tefler in the same sentence is not the best Idea.

    Given his angst and mental breakdown over not receiving his ten pies it may be best to not mention him eh.

    But then again,

    Eatigo deliver to Pattaya central jail so could be a good thing for Skinty.

    Give it a run Eh.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Posts
    3,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman123
    I just see it as a no brainer that everyone would use to get a free discount.
    I am wondering if I am missing something.
    So just give it a go and see how you go with eatigo.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    Iceman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 06:27 PM
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    3,441
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman123
    Personally, I think it is a really good idea. No cost to consumer, minimal cost to restaurant and keeps them busy at traditionally quiet periods.

    If this was in Oz, I think it would be a real winner.
    Given your initial post one wonders why you continue.
    Or, could it be, tell me it's not true, you're having a bit of a troll, a bit of a go, a bit of a commentary.

    Do tell.
    Ok, I will tell. Like most entrepreneurs I like to canvass opinion. The eatigo set up is currently only in SEA and imo they are not expanding quickly enough.

    Again I meet with many like minded entrepreneurs therefore .........

    Like is not all about begging for free pies.

  15. #15
    Member Thedogsbollix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    06-09-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    694
    Tad nasty but very relevant .

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Posts
    3,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman123
    Like is not all about begging for free pies.
    What is that meant to mean?
    Did you mean "life" with an "F".

    Who begs for pies?
    Free or otherwise?

    Did I tell you about Tommos pies?
    They're really rather good.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Posts
    3,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman123
    The eatigo set up is currently only in SEA
    You reckon?
    Maybe you should do a bit more research.


  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    Iceman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 06:27 PM
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    3,441
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman123
    Like is not all about begging for free pies.
    What is that meant to mean?
    Did you mean "life" with an "F".

    Who begs for pies?
    Free or otherwise?

    Did I tell you about Tommos pies?
    They're really rather good.
    1.- Yes should have been an "f"
    2. - That'll be you
    3. - Yes

    Now save the craic for another time, I am trying to get a bit of serious input.

    Cheers

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Posts
    3,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman123
    Now save the craic for another time, I am trying to get a bit of serious input.
    You're not doing very well are you?

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    Iceman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 06:27 PM
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    3,441
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman123
    Now save the craic for another time, I am trying to get a bit of serious input.
    You're not doing very well are you?
    You are correct, do a bit of research for me lad and report by PM.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Posts
    3,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman123
    Now save the craic for another time, I am trying to get a bit of serious input.
    You're not doing very well are you?
    You are correct, do a bit of research for me lad and report by PM.

    "lad" ?

    LMAO

    Continue digging your own holes alone, son.


  22. #22
    Cabaged Member
    Chittychangchang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    thailand and UK
    Posts
    7,527
    Advertising costs is your biggest expense.

  23. #23
    Member Thedogsbollix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    06-09-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    694
    ^^

    Jesus fukin Christ,

    Homer always plays up when he is on his second big bottle of Leo. ???

    This forum is a screen grab of the worlds fukin retards and Homer shapes up eh.

    Ta, don't thank me eh, all good.

    Round house kick comin Homers way.

    Bang,

    Koont knocked out, job done.

    Ta.

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    Iceman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 06:27 PM
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    3,441
    ^
    Cheers TDB. If he gets up again and posts on this thread, I will give you a shout.

    Ta

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •