Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 84
  1. #1
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    8,020

    Bangkok Burger Factory - Ekkamai Soi 10

    Went today and the place sucked so bad that even pictures showing how bad it sucked weren't taken.

    The kitchen has a big window so you can see inside as you walked in. I noticed a 12 pack of Foodland buns on the counter.....I should have taken the hint, turned around and walked out....

    The good parts:
    They make a nice bloody mary (170B). The onion strings appetizer (135B) were good with their tartar sauce.

    The bad parts:
    The staff didn't get my order right (bacon cheeseburger with mayo, mustard, pickles and onions) but instead just did their mass produced burger directly from the menu.

    That really pissed me off as I can't fucking stand ketchup on my burger. Yet both buns were coated with the devil's blend when my burger arrived and topped with lettuce and tomato with are simply too healthy to adorn a burger. I said "Fuck" very loudly.....

    However, instead of asking the waiter to go get his fucking ticket and read back to me what the fuck I ordered, I passively sat back and consumed the burger as it was presented. I thought, "Who knows, perhaps the chef is right?"

    The chef was wrong...the Foodland bun was tragically over tasked to keep up with all of the grease and double layer of ketchup and mayo the burger offered. After two bites, the bun was in such a condition that I had to resort to using a knife and fork to finish the meal.

    The patty had so much pepper in it I could just barely taste that it was made from beef.

    All in all, I wouldn't recommend it anymore. It's pretty sad because I talked to the owner just after it opened and I figured it would be a success. It's another place that fallen to mediocrity.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    I'm enriched with the thought that I don't require a burger [and related cuisines] for survival.

  3. #3
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    8,020
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme
    I'm enriched with the thought that I don't require a burger [and related cuisines] for survival.
    It's probably the scat.....

  4. #4
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,498
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    I'm enriched with the thought that I don't require a burger [and related cuisines] for survival.
    Those of us who actually live in the country instead of pretending to, actually occassionally enjoy a more varied diet.

  5. #5
    Member
    fohk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    09-11-2014 @ 01:26 PM
    Posts
    323
    CSFFan do you make your own burgers?

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg
    Those of us who actually live in the country instead of pretending to, actually occassionally enjoy a more varied diet.
    Indeed.

    I was rather excited to find a Mexican place.

    It was effing horrible.

    I told them it was shite.

  7. #7
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,498
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post

    I told them it was shite.
    Bloody hell, now you done it. Rs will be booking an imaginary seat pronto.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    possibly worth a thread, I did take a pic of the goop.

  9. #9
    Member Tarquin Chucklefucc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    03-11-2014 @ 06:54 AM
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post
    Went today and the place sucked so bad that even pictures showing how bad it sucked weren't taken.

    The kitchen has a big window so you can see inside as you walked in. I noticed a 12 pack of Foodland buns on the counter.....I should have taken the hint, turned around and walked out....

    The good parts:
    They make a nice bloody mary (170B). The onion strings appetizer (135B) were good with their tartar sauce.

    The bad parts:
    The staff didn't get my order right (bacon cheeseburger with mayo, mustard, pickles and onions) but instead just did their mass produced burger directly from the menu.

    That really pissed me off as I can't fucking stand ketchup on my burger. Yet both buns were coated with the devil's blend when my burger arrived and topped with lettuce and tomato with are simply too healthy to adorn a burger. I said "Fuck" very loudly.....

    However, instead of asking the waiter to go get his fucking ticket and read back to me what the fuck I ordered, I passively sat back and consumed the burger as it was presented. I thought, "Who knows, perhaps the chef is right?"

    The chef was wrong...the Foodland bun was tragically over tasked to keep up with all of the grease and double layer of ketchup and mayo the burger offered. After two bites, the bun was in such a condition that I had to resort to using a knife and fork to finish the meal.

    The patty had so much pepper in it I could just barely taste that it was made from beef.

    All in all, I wouldn't recommend it anymore. It's pretty sad because I talked to the owner just after it opened and I figured it would be a success. It's another place that fallen to mediocrity.
    You keep posting different burger threads. Why don't you do a Burger Review thread and stick 'em in one place?

    Obviously staff/chefs change, but what's the best burger gaff at present?

  10. #10
    Member
    fohk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    09-11-2014 @ 01:26 PM
    Posts
    323
    You can go on first name basis around here? Who is 'Jeff"?
    I have tried a few places out as well as making my own. I like to have a mix of beef and pork in the patty with a little garlic pepper and salt.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarquin Chucklefucc
    You keep posting different burger threads.
    I like different threads.

  12. #12
    Member
    fohk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    09-11-2014 @ 01:26 PM
    Posts
    323
    Who are you? It makes sense to put them all in a Burger Thread. Good job on the reviews.

  13. #13
    Member Tarquin Chucklefucc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    03-11-2014 @ 06:54 AM
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarquin Chucklefucc
    You keep posting different burger threads.
    I like different threads.
    Doesn't change the fact that a motherfucker looking for a quality burger is more likely to find it if all the info is in one place. And let's face it, burger info is fucking important.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarquin Chucklefucc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarquin Chucklefucc
    You keep posting different burger threads.
    I like different threads.
    Doesn't change the fact that a motherfucker looking for a quality burger is more likely to find it if all the info is in one place. And let's face it, burger info is fucking important.
    Of course it is.
    Motherfuckers browsing.....

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,617
    From their FB


    I've just been robbed! 1,200 baht for 2 shit burgers and 2 Heinekens. Embarrassing.



    Worst burger I've ever had. Fell to pieces. Waste of money.
    https://www.facebook.com/theburgerfa...eam?tab=photos

    nnnnahh give it a miss thanks.

  16. #16
    Member Tarquin Chucklefucc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    03-11-2014 @ 06:54 AM
    Posts
    166
    ^^Ya get me.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    From their FB


    I've just been robbed! 1,200 baht for 2 shit burgers and 2 Heinekens. Embarrassing.



    Worst burger I've ever had. Fell to pieces. Waste of money.
    https://www.facebook.com/theburgerfa...eam?tab=photos

    nnnnahh give it a miss thanks.
    Having quality ingredients/product and knowing how to create a final product are two different beasts...

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,617
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme
    Having quality ingredients/product and knowing how to create a final product are two different beasts...
    Doubt it is either.

    This place smacks of a typical thai hiso shit head thinking they can run a farang food restaurant, and making the usual mistake "Looks good so must be good". Ahhh no. Just because their food looks good in selfies does not make it good.

    Pile of shit - sorry for the OP for falling for this nonsense.
    Originally Posted by bsnub "No wonder I drive a tesla"

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    26,169
    If you like your burgers CFF, get yourself to Gurney Drive, Penang and give the Matterhorn Challenge a go.

    It weighs in at 2.8kgs and someone has done it I hear.

    It costs the equivalent of 880 baht++ but if you can eat it, it's free and they will give you 3,000 baht.

    I should imagine you'd give Jeff a run for his money in a scatfight afterwards




  20. #20
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    8,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger
    If you like your burgers CFF, get yourself to Gurney Drive, Penang and give the Matterhorn Challenge a go.
    I'm not a big eater, believe it or not. I don't do the challenge thingys..

  21. #21
    Member Tarquin Chucklefucc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    03-11-2014 @ 06:54 AM
    Posts
    166
    ^^Eurodeli used to be on soi 18 - gone now.

  22. #22
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    8,020
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus
    From their FB
    Quote:


    I've just been robbed! 1,200 baht for 2 shit burgers and 2 Heinekens. Embarrassing.



    Worst burger I've ever had. Fell to pieces. Waste of money.
    https://www.facebook.com/theburgerfa...eam?tab=photos

    nnnnahh give it a miss thanks.
    that's how my plate looked today....even had the curly fries...

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme
    Having quality ingredients/product and knowing how to create a final product are two different beasts...
    Doubt it is either.

    This place smacks of a typical thai hiso shit head thinking they can run a farang food restaurant, and making the usual mistake "Looks good so must be good". Ahhh no. Just because their food looks good in selfies does not make it good.

    Pile of shit - sorry for the OP for falling for this nonsense.
    Traditionally, Thais don't do Farang fare [in a commercial venue] and operate this type of business very well.

    We've all seen this forever.....but they just don't do Farang foods [and associations] with the quality that the snobs are looking for.


    Fortunately, there are scores upon scores of Farang operated restaurants of every description and flavor to satisfy those "real" Farang food cravings.

    20-25 years ago Farang venues were some what restricted to BKK, CM, Patters, and a handful of foreign ghettos - today, one can find decent Western cuisines made on-premises by Farang for Farang.....throughout the country. Even the most unlikely places.

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    kmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    15-06-2019 @ 11:52 AM
    Location
    Rayong.
    Posts
    10,449
    Burgers are usually a constant source of disappointment in LoS, unless you pay silly prices.
    So I got one of these:



    voila!

  25. #25
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    8,020
    I wanna get one of those kmart as a blender attachment, unfortunately they're out of my price range.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •