Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 163
  1. #101
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    14-05-2017 @ 03:18 AM
    Posts
    1,031

    When you guys were kids playing in the sand box with your GI-Joe toy soldier, did you say; "When I grow up, I'm going to move to a pissant developing third world country, marry a dumb hill-billy, build a mansion on land I can't own and then worry about it for the rest of my life..." I mean I just wanna know?


    That's a classic Tod. +100

  2. #102
    Thailand Expat
    jamescollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    22-10-2017 @ 09:09 PM
    Location
    Bunthrik Ubon
    Posts
    4,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    Helluva lot of opinions here - which I guess just proves the application of Thai law is not precise.

    My understanding is the ownership of your house and a usufruct to use the land is less murky if the owner of the land is your cohabitator and not your spouse
    Any comments please.
    Have posted this more times than I can remember, your an alien, you come under double taxation treaties, which cover usufructs. They are business contracts and taxable as such. Do you really think if these things were legal, big housing companies would't be flogging homes to farangs using them. Jim

  3. #103
    Thailand Expat
    Iceman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    17-10-2017 @ 07:39 PM
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    3,441
    ^
    Great point Jim,

    Any scheme that attempts to legitimize an illegal position fails at the first hurdle.

  4. #104
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    18-10-2017 @ 04:34 PM
    Location
    Kamala on the lake
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    Helluva lot of opinions here - which I guess just proves the application of Thai law is not precise.

    My understanding is the ownership of your house and a usufruct to use the land is less murky if the owner of the land is your cohabitator and not your spouse
    Any comments please.
    Have posted this more times than I can remember, your an alien, you come under double taxation treaties, which cover usufructs. They are business contracts and taxable as such. Do you really think if these things were legal, big housing companies would't be flogging homes to farangs using them. Jim


    Keep posting Jimbo - I don't pay tax - anywhere.
    Thanks for your advice...

  5. #105
    Member
    moose65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Location
    by the seaside.
    Posts
    186
    all three of you guys are either taking the piss or are complete knob heads !

    who really gives a toss , as if they want you out they get you out either legally or feet first !

    after all we are falang and we don't matter !

    stop friggin bickering like old women and try to give some useful info for once !

    rob

  6. #106
    R.I.P
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Online
    09-01-2017 @ 07:38 AM
    Posts
    8,887
    Quote Originally Posted by moose65 View Post
    all three of you guys are either taking the piss or are complete knob heads !

    who really gives a toss , as if they want you out they get you out either legally or feet first !

    after all we are falang and we don't matter !

    stop friggin bickering like old women and try to give some useful info for once !

    rob
    Golden#1, never enter into any partnership here in Thailand be it romance or business you can't afford to walk away from if it goes tits up ,having been coming here on long stay holidays with my late wife since 89 and lived here full time since Nov 03 I have personally seen and heard of more "shipwrecks" than enough, where the Farang has "foundered on the rocks"

  7. #107
    Thailand Expat
    toddaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    21-10-2017 @ 07:39 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,789
    "moose65"; your statement "after all we are falang" which you so blithely throw out when referring to other foreigners but also with that hillbilly thai r/l switch could be an indication of how much you've dumbed yourself down living here.

    It can take the edge off a person being around thaiz 24/7 day in day out so I don't fault you for possibly "catchin' some stupid" from these people..

    Whether you have the right to live in the house on your wife's land or not after a break up, my question is; who in their right mind would WANT to live surrounded by your ex-wife's thai in-lawz and out-lawz after you divorced?

    It would certainly not be my first choice of suitable digs..

    We now return to the pissing match already in progress...
    "Whoever said `Money can`t buy you love or joy` obviously was not making enough money." <- quote by Gene $immon$ of the rock group KISS

  8. #108
    R.I.P
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Online
    09-01-2017 @ 07:38 AM
    Posts
    8,887
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiejambos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasojack View Post
    So winning and not getting paid is the same as losing.?
    It will be in your case Jack, you haven't got a leg to stand on.
    As a matter of fact you're in a lose/lose situation.
    Yeah I'm afraid you are correct Jim ,Yaso has dug himself an economic hole here in Thailand that is about as difficult to get out of a climbing the North face of the Eiger

  9. #109
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,042
    Quote Originally Posted by piwanoi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiejambos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasojack View Post
    So winning and not getting paid is the same as losing.?
    It will be in your case Jack, you haven't got a leg to stand on.
    As a matter of fact you're in a lose/lose situation.
    Yeah I'm afraid you are correct Jim ,Yaso has dug himself an economic hole here in Thailand that is about as difficult to get out of a climbing the North face of the Eiger
    Currently, I guess they've reconciled - still together, living happily ever after.


  10. #110
    Thailand Expat
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bali
    Posts
    11,678
    Quote Originally Posted by piwanoi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiejambos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasojack View Post
    So winning and not getting paid is the same as losing.?
    It will be in your case Jack, you haven't got a leg to stand on.
    As a matter of fact you're in a lose/lose situation.
    Yeah I'm afraid you are correct Jim ,Yaso has dug himself an economic hole here in Thailand that is about as difficult to get out of a climbing the North face of the Eiger
    You have a nasty habit of posting tbat big stupid smiley at thr end of all your posts. I assume it is a habit because even someone as dumb as you would surely not laugh at a bloke losing everything under such circumstances.

  11. #111
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982


    Seems Pi has a bee in his bonnet about getting his ass kicked.

    must be about Time wife wife no2 ripped you now Pi after your 1.5 million refurb of the Mud hut.

    have fun guys its entertaining watching desperation

  12. #112
    R.I.P
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Online
    09-01-2017 @ 07:38 AM
    Posts
    8,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post


    Seems Pi has a bee in his bonnet about getting his ass kicked.

    must be about Time wife wife no2 ripped you now Pi after your 1.5 million refurb of the Mud hut.

    have fun guys its entertaining watching desperation
    Another one of your usual trips into fantasy land ,show me the post were I said I have spent 1.5 million on the mud hut as you put it ?

  13. #113
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,042
    Quote Originally Posted by piwanoi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post


    Seems Pi has a bee in his bonnet about getting his ass kicked.

    must be about Time wife wife no2 ripped you now Pi after your 1.5 million refurb of the Mud hut.

    have fun guys its entertaining watching desperation
    Another one of your usual trips into fantasy land ,show me the post were I said I have spent 1.5 million on the mud hut as you put it ?
    I don't recall any such mention, Pi. [memory of the thread]
    Jacko's usual MO as to misinterpreting most everything or making things up, which is an annoying trait.

  14. #114
    R.I.P
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Online
    09-01-2017 @ 07:38 AM
    Posts
    8,887
    ^ What I did say and I remember it quite well, was that I had spent almost 1 million baht in total on a total refurb of the property which includes 3 TV's , Air Con , Cookers ,furniture ,beds ,a new Stereo system Etc Etc ,finishing paying off Jans debt which was incurred through her building the house in the first place , and as Pragmatic (who has been to our house) will confirm its far from a ""mud hut"" as Yaso blurts out at every given opportunity , without going into detail my financial status is quite rosy ,infact I have just bought for cash the latest model 2.8 Toyota 4 door pick up which is parked on the driveway right now in front of our "Mud hut"

  15. #115
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    15,555
    Quote Originally Posted by piwanoi View Post
    ^ What I did say and I remember it quite well, was that I had spent almost 1 million baht in total on a total refurb of the property which includes 3 TV's , Air Con , Cookers ,furniture ,beds ,a new Stereo system Etc Etc ,finishing paying off Jans debt which was incurred through her building the house in the first place , and as Pragmatic (who has been to our house) will confirm its far from a ""mud hut"" as Yaso blurts out at every given opportunity , without going into detail my financial status is quite rosy ,infact I have just bought for cash the latest model 2.8 Toyota 4 door pick up which is parked on the driveway right now in front of our "Mud hut"
    Interesting to see that even you, [at][at][at][at] that you are, has been lied about by yaso. Going by what others here have said about him he seems to be not just the retard he comes across as on here but also a lying, two-faced sack of shit. I've never met the guy but that's the impression I get from posters here who know him.

  16. #116
    Thailand Expat
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bali
    Posts
    11,678
    Quote Originally Posted by piwanoi View Post
    ^ What I did say and I remember it quite well, was that I had spent almost 1 million baht in total on a total refurb of the property which includes 3 TV's , Air Con , Cookers ,furniture ,beds ,a new Stereo system Etc Etc ,finishing paying off Jans debt which was incurred through her building the house in the first place , and as Pragmatic (who has been to our house) will confirm its far from a ""mud hut"" as Yaso blurts out at every given opportunity , without going into detail my financial status is quite rosy ,infact I have just bought for cash the latest model 2.8 Toyota 4 door pick up which is parked on the driveway right now in front of our "Mud hut"
    None of this excuses the amusement you demonstrate at the expense of another poster. No one deserves that kind of joyful derision even if you are both twats.

  17. #117
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    15,555
    As this forum is supposed to provide information about living in Thailand all this childish shit by childish shitheads should be deleted. There is no longer ANY useful information about living in Thailand on this forum, only ridiculous bullshit from social inadequates who should have been drowned at birth. What relevance does this forum have to any new expat any more? None at all! Not even the most basic question can be asked without contradictory retards starting dicksize wars. What is the POINT of this forum any more? What do moderators actually do here? They certainly don't do anything to make this forum relevant to people who live or want to live in Thailand.

  18. #118
    R.I.P
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Online
    09-01-2017 @ 07:38 AM
    Posts
    8,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post


    Seems Pi has a bee in his bonnet about getting his ass kicked.

    must be about Time wife wife no2 ripped you now Pi after your 1.5 million refurb of the Mud hut.

    have fun guys its entertaining watching desperation
    You write of watching others desperation? when in your cry in the wilderness post #54 you say your wife has every penny of yours?

  19. #119
    Thailand Expat
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bali
    Posts
    11,678
    Quote Originally Posted by piwanoi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post


    Seems Pi has a bee in his bonnet about getting his ass kicked.

    must be about Time wife wife no2 ripped you now Pi after your 1.5 million refurb of the Mud hut.

    have fun guys its entertaining watching desperation
    You write of watching others desperation? when in your cry in the wilderness post #54 you say your wife has every penny of yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    As this forum is supposed to provide information about living in Thailand all this childish shit by childish shitheads should be deleted. There is no longer ANY useful information about living in Thailand on this forum, only ridiculous bullshit from social inadequates who should have been drowned at birth. What relevance does this forum have to any new expat any more? None at all! Not even the most basic question can be asked without contradictory retards starting dicksize wars. What is the POINT of this forum any more? What do moderators actually do here? They certainly don't do anything to make this forum relevant to people who live or want to live in Thailand.
    FFS Bob who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

  20. #120
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    15,555
    Quote Originally Posted by chassamui View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by piwanoi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post


    Seems Pi has a bee in his bonnet about getting his ass kicked.

    must be about Time wife wife no2 ripped you now Pi after your 1.5 million refurb of the Mud hut.

    have fun guys its entertaining watching desperation
    You write of watching others desperation? when in your cry in the wilderness post #54 you say your wife has every penny of yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    As this forum is supposed to provide information about living in Thailand all this childish shit by childish shitheads should be deleted. There is no longer ANY useful information about living in Thailand on this forum, only ridiculous bullshit from social inadequates who should have been drowned at birth. What relevance does this forum have to any new expat any more? None at all! Not even the most basic question can be asked without contradictory retards starting dicksize wars. What is the POINT of this forum any more? What do moderators actually do here? They certainly don't do anything to make this forum relevant to people who live or want to live in Thailand.
    FFS Bob who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?
    I'm just tired of the stupidity displayed by so-called adults on this forum. Have they no shame or no pride? Why can none of them give a straight answer to a straight question? I have never in ny life come across such a bunch of ignorant egomaniacs as we get on TD. It wasn't like this when DD was alive. Where did all these retards come from and why are they still here? Why are morons no longer culled? I have no problem with maniacs in the discussion section but now they're everywhere. I've just been reading where people new to Thailand have asked for advice, every response was ignorant gibberish. Who is this forum serving? It's no longer possible to trust any nformation posted on Teakdoor, given that then just what is the point of the forum?

  21. #121
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    Good Morning to all,I see your New year has started wonderfully,and you all have a spring in your step.

  22. #122
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    16-10-2017 @ 06:07 PM
    Posts
    25,019
    ^

    Bob seems to have let things get on top of him, chill out Bob, the forum is still very useful.

    If a thread is pissing you off just leave it.

    I rather like watching Jackyboy melt down.

  23. #123
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    16-10-2017 @ 06:07 PM
    Posts
    25,019
    Quote Originally Posted by toddaniels View Post

    Whether you have the right to live in the house on your wife's land or not after a break up, my question is; who in their right mind would WANT to live surrounded by your ex-wife's thai in-lawz and out-lawz after you divorced?

    It would certainly not be my first choice of suitable digs..

    Todly rarely posts anything worthy outside his outstanding contribution to the Visa section but on this one he has kicked a winner.

    Onya Todly.

    Every word is spot on.

  24. #124
    R.I.P
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Online
    09-01-2017 @ 07:38 AM
    Posts
    8,887
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by toddaniels View Post

    Whether you have the right to live in the house on your wife's land or not after a break up, my question is; who in their right mind would WANT to live surrounded by your ex-wife's thai in-lawz and out-lawz after you divorced?

    It would certainly not be my first choice of suitable digs..

    Todly rarely posts anything worthy outside his outstanding contribution to the Visa section but on this one he has kicked a winner.

    Onya Todly.

    Every word is spot on.
    Yeah but the best one Yaso says he loves watching others desperation

  25. #125
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    Terence Meltdown not me running around finding old threads or abusing people,its great watching all these grown men,with there anger accusing others of doing what they do best themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by terry57 View Post
    ^

    Bob seems to have let things get on top of him, chill out Bob, the forum is still very useful.

    If a thread is pissing you off just leave it.

    I rather like watching Jackyboy melt down.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •