Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 64
  1. #26
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Darkside, Pattaya
    Posts
    5,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    It has most definitely not been a requirement for ALL work permits
    I guess the rest of us have been singled out for special treatment.
    I have no idea why some are required and some not but I can definitely say not all are required. As I said I did not have in December 2011, A work colleague did not have to last week (we both renewed) and a new guy just started in January and he did not either.

    My old Manager though had to do and this was approx July last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    let me explain simply 100MB != 1GB RAM

  2. #27
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:31 AM
    Location
    Thermae
    Posts
    18,468
    Quote Originally Posted by benbaaa
    My left nut hangs a little lower than my right.
    I knew a chinese bloke like that

    Wun hunglo

    <burp>

  3. #28
    loob lor geezer
    Bangyai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    28-08-2017 @ 01:04 PM
    Location
    The land of silk and money.
    Posts
    5,984
    Quote Originally Posted by withnallstoke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by somtamslap
    You mean you passed all the tests? Poof!
    They didn't spot the heroin addiction, HIV or schizophrenia.
    What about the Withnallstokes wank juice stains. Surely they must constitute a serious health hazzard. ? Didn't they run any tests ?

  4. #29
    Can I still change this?
    Bogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Posts
    4,033
    I think the test is just a roundabout way to see if you are H.I.V or not. On a personal note. I still don't believe Withers passed and is bullshitting to us TD'ers *inserts sarcastic smiley that is not sarcastic and actually means that you prefer animals to humans as a sexual mate smiley*
    Black diamonds? I shit 'em.

  5. #30
    Whopping Member
    benbaaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    06-06-2017 @ 03:52 PM
    Location
    In the comfy chair
    Posts
    5,550
    Everyone who got a WP where I work had to get a syph test last year.

  6. #31
    Gohills flip-flops wearer
    withnallstoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Location
    The Felcher Memorial Home.
    Posts
    14,247
    ^ Likewise.

    This year they also had to have a TB test and the meth test, no warning.

    All painless and relatively quick (about an hour in and out), and relatively cheap (1,140 bht), but i can't understand why.

  7. #32
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Darkside, Pattaya
    Posts
    5,496
    Quote Originally Posted by benbaaa View Post
    Everyone who got a WP where I work had to get a syph test last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by withnallstoke View Post
    ^ Likewise.

    This year they also had to have a TB test and the meth test, no warning.

    All painless and relatively quick (about an hour in and out), and relatively cheap (1,140 bht), but i can't understand why.

    And you 2 do what for a living ?

  8. #33
    Gohills flip-flops wearer
    withnallstoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Location
    The Felcher Memorial Home.
    Posts
    14,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    And you 2 do what for a living ?
    Can't speak for benbaa, but i am an animal pornstar.

  9. #34
    Thailand Expat Humbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    22-10-2017 @ 05:07 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    I have no idea why some are required and some not but I can definitely say not all are required. As I said I did not have in December 2011, A work colleague did not have to last week (we both renewed) and a new guy just started in January and he did not either.
    'Some are required?' Its the law. Some individuals have found a way to circumvent it.

  10. #35
    Whopping Member
    benbaaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    06-06-2017 @ 03:52 PM
    Location
    In the comfy chair
    Posts
    5,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by benbaaa View Post
    Everyone who got a WP where I work had to get a syph test last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by withnallstoke View Post
    ^ Likewise.

    This year they also had to have a TB test and the meth test, no warning.

    All painless and relatively quick (about an hour in and out), and relatively cheap (1,140 bht), but i can't understand why.

    And you 2 do what for a living ?
    I is a teecher, innit?

  11. #36
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Darkside, Pattaya
    Posts
    5,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    I have no idea why some are required and some not but I can definitely say not all are required. As I said I did not have in December 2011, A work colleague did not have to last week (we both renewed) and a new guy just started in January and he did not either.
    'Some are required?' Its the law. Some individuals have found a way to circumvent it.
    My work permit and extension is done by my work, all expats deal with the same person, are you saying they bend the rules for some, bare in mind we are talking 100 + work permits.

  12. #37
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:31 AM
    Location
    Thermae
    Posts
    18,468
    it could be that they are english

    do they test you for mad cow disease ?

  13. #38
    Thailand Expat
    the dogcatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    24-12-2015 @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    My body is not a temple, It's the hell where I reside.
    Posts
    5,708
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    it could be that they are english

    do they test you for mad cow disease ?
    It's mad horse these days.

  14. #39
    Thailand Expat Humbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    22-10-2017 @ 05:07 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    My work permit and extension is done by my work, all expats deal with the same person, are you saying they bend the rules for some, bare in mind we are talking 100 + work permits.
    Apparently they have found a way to exploit a weakness in the system. Probably an individual in the Labor department with a big car payment. Our company's attorney handles my work permit and in 2012 and 2013 the labor department has furnished a medical form to be completed at a medical facility which certifies that I am free of syph, tuberculosis, mental illness and elephantasis etc. I have no way around it and nobody that I know does either although some I know have doctors that will just sign off without doing anything. I seriously doubt that this is a requirement for some and not others.

  15. #40
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:31 AM
    Location
    Thermae
    Posts
    18,468
    many expat companies do a yearly occupational health checkup - so it could be that the medical company who handles that signs off the medical form also.

  16. #41
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Darkside, Pattaya
    Posts
    5,496
    lmao, you seriously need your head read if you think the person who does our work permits is bribing someone to get around the syph test.

  17. #42
    Thailand Expat
    BobR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    27-09-2017 @ 12:44 PM
    Posts
    7,756
    Quote Originally Posted by withnallstoke
    To be declared free of methamphetamine abuse you have to piss into a sample container.

    My work permit will be ready for collection next week.

    On a positive note, the X-Ray showed i didn't have lung cancer.


    What will the fucking clowns think up for next year?
    1. Would it be too much trouble for these clowns to address an envelope?

    2. Still leaves one free to abuse a variety of other drugs.

    3, Hopefully the useless x-ray won't cause cancer

    4. Sad that mindless power crazed morons get into positions where they can cause grief to others.

    In a perfect World, one would need to show a complete contempt for mindless bureaucracy before they were allowed to run one.

  18. #43
    Member Hypatia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Online
    22-06-2013 @ 06:15 PM
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by withnallstoke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetyim
    Is the syphilis test for all work permits or just for teaching ?
    I don't know.
    I think there was a thread on it a while ago (couple of years?) on here, and from memory it applied to all, but as in all things bureaucratic here, it depends on who you see on the day.
    The absurd syph blood test is for all new applications. If they had an ounce of sense , they would instead check for hep, that's that one that's a real public health danger.
    The lung x ray I did not need to get and the Labour Dept really put me through it all, last year. The doctor just listened and tapped , so.. if it's changed, I'm not subjecting myself to a likely ill calibrated Thai x ray machine once a year , no way and I'd recommend no one else do either.

    NIckel dimed and nickel and dimed . Like piranhas, all take a nibble.

  19. #44
    Thailand Expat
    CNF55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:06 PM
    Location
    Cha Am
    Posts
    2,231
    Just finished renewal of my WP.

    I thought I'd try and got a health cert from Samitivej (just called my GP and asked her to issue one - no charge) but it was missing the syphillis test and subsequently refused by the Dept of Labour. Just replaced it - no problem.

    On the plus side - been here 12 years on a WP with yearly renewal and now, out of the blue, they gave me a 2 year extension!

  20. #45
    Gohills flip-flops wearer
    withnallstoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Location
    The Felcher Memorial Home.
    Posts
    14,247
    ^ No X-ray then?

  21. #46
    Tax Consultant
    Thormaturge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,892
    ^
    Probably glows in the dark by now.

  22. #47
    Gohills flip-flops wearer
    withnallstoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Location
    The Felcher Memorial Home.
    Posts
    14,247
    ^

  23. #48
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,043
    Quote Originally Posted by CNF55 View Post
    been here 12 years on a WP with yearly renewal and now, out of the blue, they gave me a 2 year extension!
    Out of the blue - yeah.


    Common, seriously, who you have to blow to get that?????

  24. #49
    Member NokTang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    27-02-2016 @ 09:17 PM
    Location
    Pattaya
    Posts
    345
    Syphilis and blood type all I was required to provide. No form however had to be from a hospital(who seemed to know what to provide, 850baht), not simply a clinic such as is used for drivers licenses. They used to sign off and issue the WP renewal when submitted(within 10min) but now you have to go back a few days or week later and retrieve it.

  25. #50
    Thailand Expat
    CNF55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:06 PM
    Location
    Cha Am
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CNF55 View Post
    been here 12 years on a WP with yearly renewal and now, out of the blue, they gave me a 2 year extension!
    Out of the blue - yeah.


    Common, seriously, who you have to blow to get that?????

    I didn't even have to go there - and to 'withnallstock' - no x-ray required.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •